Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #106  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I did it! You guys have been so awesomely supportive. It felt like I would never get here with how slow the loss has been lately. I'll be seeing some of you on the other side very soon it seems!
Woohoo!!!! that's great! Fingers crossed that you stay below 200 too!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonameslob View Post
I did it! You guys have been so awesomely supportive. It felt like I would never get here with how slow the loss has been lately. I'll be seeing some of you on the other side very soon it seems!
Congratulations!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:30 AM   #108  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Thanks guys
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #109  
Cocktail Cowgirl

S/C/G: 280/263/160

Height: 5'6"

Congratulatons. You are a great inspiration!
cathi888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #110  
Melissa

Scale had a big drop today (1.4 pounds). It will probably go up tomorrow, but it's at least heading in the right direction! Once I get out of the 220s, MAN... I will be counting down the DAYS until I expect to be out of the 200s.

Hmmm... if I were to make a prediction (if I stick on plan as I have been), I think I'll get there by the end of September. I cannot keep losing at the pace I am now (I wish, but aint gonna happen).

That seems SO LONG FROM NOW!!!! But.... I'll get there, right? RIGHT!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 07:30 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

So close, 200.3 today! My plan affords me very slow (but very permanent) weight loss so it may be another couple of weeks before I get below 200 but I'm so close I can taste it.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:50 AM   #112  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Wannabeskinny you'll be there so soon! I know for me it felt like forever, but hopefully your body will be kind and let you cross the threshold before you know it
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:45 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Well, cousin's graduation and a trip to Vegas didn't do as much damage as I thought... back down to 200.8 (4 days after getting home from Vegas). Sooo close.... :-)

Glad to see everyone else staying right on! Way to go, folks!
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:40 AM   #114  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Oh Melissa, just keep telling yourself how much you're looking forward to fall, and it'll fly by!

Last night's weekly weigh-in caught me at 203 (I initially weighed-in at 203.25 but then I realized my phone was still in my pocket)! Regardless, I'm excited; I was only hoping for 204 so that makes me one pound closer than I anticipated. Who knows, I might have a fluctuation bite me next week, but I know I'm heading in the right direction. Every single time I drop, it's an absolute new low for me.

My goal for the Fourth of July is 198, but I'll be super-stoked if I'm anywhere below 200 at that point! I can totally make that, and it'll give me something to brag about when we're off visiting family.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 229/205.6/165

Height: 5'4"

Default So Close!!

I remember the first time I felt REALLY fat. It was 2nd or 3rd year university where it really started to set in - lots of beer and 24 hour grocery stores that sold pies are deadly when you're a 20 year old sorority girl with an affinity for partying and staying up late. And boy am I paying for it now! My weight got up to about 203/204 and probably stayed like that for a year or two until about 2009ish when I went to the gym and dropped about 30lbs. And then it came right back on.

Fast forward to January 2014 when I reached my all-time high of 229... Eff that was disgusting. I have no will power and a problem with portion sizes - and a bf who loves carbs and pie... The good news, is since January I've lost just over 17lbs and I'm ALMOST at my 10% mark.

That means I'm only about 12lbs away from ONEDERLAND!!! It makes me sad that the first time I realized I had a ton of weight to lose I was only about 5lbs away from onederland, and now it has taken me about 5 months just to get to 10lbs away from where I was before... blah. BUT at least I'm losing, and I feel like i'm in a whole other frame of mind than I was when I first started those few years ago.

And if feels good to be able to say I have lost 17 frickin' lbs!

And now that onederland is only 12ish lbs away, I CAN TASTE IT!! And then from there, it's all cake!

(just realized how much I used food adjectives/metaphors in this post lol, freudian slip much?)

Anyway, help me stay motivated to get to that magical land!

Last edited by kaybee1; 05-24-2014 at 08:47 PM.
kaybee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:45 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 305/203/160

Height: 5'7

I have 27 lbs to go until my minigoal but I'm feeling great. I've lost 50lbs and 3-4 pants sizes and a couple shirt sizes. Even lost 4 dress sizes. I'm built weird and my belly is going away very slowly but it's going away. I weigh 25lbs less than my husband. He just inherited some xl mens tshirts bc they were too big!
lizsp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:20 AM   #117  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Everyone is doing so welll! Yeah! Keep it up, you'll get there.

Well I weighed in at 209.2 yesterday, bounced back to 209.6 today, but that's ok.

I'll be there soon enough.

I am hoping by July 1st, 2014. Or sooner.

Yes had to throw that 2014 in there!! haha
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #118  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
So close, 200.3 today! My plan affords me very slow (but very permanent) weight loss so it may be another couple of weeks before I get below 200 but I'm so close I can taste it.
That is so close it hurts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eydawn View Post
Well, cousin's graduation and a trip to Vegas didn't do as much damage as I thought... back down to 200.8 (4 days after getting home from Vegas). Sooo close.... :-)

Glad to see everyone else staying right on! Way to go, folks!
GOOD JOB! Travel is so hard for weight loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
Oh Melissa, just keep telling yourself how much you're looking forward to fall, and it'll fly by!

Last night's weekly weigh-in caught me at 203 (I initially weighed-in at 203.25 but then I realized my phone was still in my pocket)! Regardless, I'm excited; I was only hoping for 204 so that makes me one pound closer than I anticipated. Who knows, I might have a fluctuation bite me next week, but I know I'm heading in the right direction. Every single time I drop, it's an absolute new low for me.

My goal for the Fourth of July is 198, but I'll be super-stoked if I'm anywhere below 200 at that point! I can totally make that, and it'll give me something to brag about when we're off visiting family.
Yes, well I don't fall to rush here too quick as my older son starts college dn it's another grueling year of school for the younger guy. I'll be patient!

And you are getting there and I'm sue it feels wonderful to have one new low after another. You have been so diligent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybee1 View Post
I remember the first time I felt REALLY fat. It was 2nd or 3rd year university where it really started to set in - lots of beer and 24 hour grocery stores that sold pies are deadly when you're a 20 year old sorority girl with an affinity for partying and staying up late. And boy am I paying for it now! My weight got up to about 203/204 and probably stayed like that for a year or two until about 2009ish when I went to the gym and dropped about 30lbs. And then it came right back on.

Fast forward to January 2014 when I reached my all-time high of 229... Eff that was disgusting. I have no will power and a problem with portion sizes - and a bf who loves carbs and pie... The good news, is since January I've lost just over 17lbs and I'm ALMOST at my 10% mark.

That means I'm only about 12lbs away from ONEDERLAND!!! It makes me sad that the first time I realized I had a ton of weight to lose I was only about 5lbs away from onederland, and now it has taken me about 5 months just to get to 10lbs away from where I was before... blah. BUT at least I'm losing, and I feel like i'm in a whole other frame of mind than I was when I first started those few years ago.

And if feels good to be able to say I have lost 17 frickin' lbs!

And now that onederland is only 12ish lbs away, I CAN TASTE IT!! And then from there, it's all cake!

(just realized how much I used food adjectives/metaphors in this post lol, freudian slip much?)

Anyway, help me stay motivated to get to that magical land!
I stepped on the scale in late Hjanuary or February and saw 225 and I had guessed right it would be 225. But I couldn't get control of my eating then. By April 1st it had jumped up to 243.6 so, I gt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsp88 View Post
I have 27 lbs to go until my minigoal but I'm feeling great. I've lost 50lbs and 3-4 pants sizes and a couple shirt sizes. Even lost 4 dress sizes. I'm built weird and my belly is going away very slowly but it's going away. I weigh 25lbs less than my husband. He just inherited some xl mens tshirts bc they were too big!
Great going! It's so amazing to me how we are all so different when it comes to where we lose and how fast or slow the dress size change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine31 View Post
Everyone is doing so welll! Yeah! Keep it up, you'll get there.

Well I weighed in at 209.2 yesterday, bounced back to 209.6 today, but that's ok.

I'll be there soon enough.

I am hoping by July 1st, 2014. Or sooner.

Yes had to throw that 2014 in there!! haha
Lol at the 2014. And that is the right attitude. You will get there if you put in the work and you know it!
Old 05-26-2014, 02:59 PM   #119  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5'4 with Cuban curves!

I just reached what seems to be a plateau... I'm trying to mix things up to get going again. I also am hoping to be in onederland by July 2014! I weighed in at 208 the last two days... We shall see what happens next. Right now I'm working on pumping up my self worth because I'm about the go see my family for the first time in about a year, and the self image bashing and "your fat and unloveable" bs will commence about as soon as I land at the airport. Anyone have tried and true ways of getting people to butt out of your weightloss journey? Or inspiration for a specially ordered thick skin?
Claygirl1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:14 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

I'm so close to it that I'm getting anxious, just a few lbs away. June is gonna be my month. I wanted to lose 1 more lb this month to make up for my slip up in April when I only lost 4 lbs instead of my monthly goal of 5. Despite my ups and downs I have at least noticed that I'm finally starting to look like I have lost some weight this year. I lost 2.5 inches around my waist. Loose pants are starting to droop and fitted shirts fit better. My mom says my arms look slimmer. It's given me a boost in confidence to notice the progress in the mirror, but I still want to see that 199 on the scale.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote