Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-08-2014, 03:43 PM   #31  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I'm hoping I can make it in about two months . . . just one pound a week is totally doable.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

How have I not posted in here yet?? I wanna join!

Last time I weighed myself under 200 was when I was 17, 6 years ago, (oh my god do I feel old right now..). I didn't even try for it, I just changed some habits, joined some clubs, all purely out of enjoyment rather than weight loss efforts. But by the end of the school year I was at 180 and then ever since I just creeped up slowly slowly slowly. I grasped onto an essential part of ME, my personality, in that short span when I had lost weight. I lost an outer shell of myself and I wasn't the same before, and I haven't been the same since. Until now, of course! Everyday it gets easier.

Anyway, I'm hoping to gift myself the image of 199.whatever on the scale for my birthday, which is May 1st. Seeing as my mini goal for Easter is to bee at 199.4, I'm hoping this will be a given. Although, pounds 217-204 just fell right off of me and I'm having a **** of a time shaking off the last few.

Good luck everybody, hope to hear some successful stories soon!!
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

And a flux up, to 201.7 lol... hoping for the flux down and then up a little, down some more then up a little....

That's what I get for weighing every day...
Eydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #34  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

When i got under 200 a couple years ago, I bounced around too. It was so frustrating! But, you know you're there! Just be patient and keep at it!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #35  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

Great thread Melissa!
I was last in onederland about eight years ago. For me 199 would be a great relief, as I remember weighing around that much and not feeling so self conscious, you know that imaginary scenario when someone doesn't know your name and they try to describe you, like right now I imagine the first word they would use to describe me would be 'fat', rather than 'dark hair' or something similar. I can't wait to hit 199 and maybe take a photo for the mini goal forum that will be quite a day. We always have a girl's night out at Christmas, we plan it months ahead and all my friends always look so gorgeous in their sparkly dresses, I have worn black every year. This year I want so badly to be in onederland and wear a sparkly dress, and not dread the photos the next day. We can do this!
MissSMcC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #36  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannonsnail View Post
I'd like to be there by end of April as well....I only have three pounds to get there but I know it will fight me tooth and nail, lol!

Those last pounds seem to take forever... And I think we do it to ourselves somehow - mental stuff does affect us too, unfortunately... throwing chemicals off in the body, BUT.... it can't do that forever if we keep with the plan. You are so close. You'll be there and be there for good very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elladorine View Post
I'm hoping I can make it in about two months . . . just one pound a week is totally doable.
There is no doubt in my mind you will be there! What a wonderful downward journey you've had - and not even thrown off by pregnancy and having a newborn. Kudos to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easily Amused View Post
Trying to stay motivated here. I was hoping by my birthday in June to cross over but I have been 22 lbs away since Feb 28th, give or take a couple of lbs upward and all my tweaking methods are not working to end the stall. So, now I have reconciled to the fact that I have no control over the scale and can just continue to stay on plan and exercise until something breaks loose. Or I resort to starvation... The numbers on the scale are still super important to me, but as long as I keep losing inches the scale will stay in one piece.
Just remember the scale is just one tool of many. And eventually, if you are creating a caloric deficit, the pounds will come off... Also though, do make sure everything is "good". Like your thyroid to be sure there isn't another reason the scale isn't moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRiotGirl View Post
How have I not posted in here yet?? I wanna join!

Last time I weighed myself under 200 was when I was 17, 6 years ago, (oh my god do I feel old right now..). I didn't even try for it, I just changed some habits, joined some clubs, all purely out of enjoyment rather than weight loss efforts. But by the end of the school year I was at 180 and then ever since I just creeped up slowly slowly slowly. I grasped onto an essential part of ME, my personality, in that short span when I had lost weight. I lost an outer shell of myself and I wasn't the same before, and I haven't been the same since. Until now, of course! Everyday it gets easier.

Anyway, I'm hoping to gift myself the image of 199.whatever on the scale for my birthday, which is May 1st. Seeing as my mini goal for Easter is to bee at 199.4, I'm hoping this will be a given. Although, pounds 217-204 just fell right off of me and I'm having a **** of a time shaking off the last few.

Good luck everybody, hope to hear some successful stories soon!!
Ah... what a youngster to think that your teens years are far behind when it is still less than a decade since then! :-) it's all relative.

Sounds like you will be there super soon. Just don't get frustrated with how weight loss slows down. Initial weight loss is almost always a lot of water weight... then the REAL stuff starts coming off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSMcC View Post
Great thread Melissa!
I was last in onederland about eight years ago. For me 199 would be a great relief, as I remember weighing around that much and not feeling so self conscious, you know that imaginary scenario when someone doesn't know your name and they try to describe you, like right now I imagine the first word they would use to describe me would be 'fat', rather than 'dark hair' or something similar. I can't wait to hit 199 and maybe take a photo for the mini goal forum that will be quite a day. We always have a girl's night out at Christmas, we plan it months ahead and all my friends always look so gorgeous in their sparkly dresses, I have worn black every year. This year I want so badly to be in onederland and wear a sparkly dress, and not dread the photos the next day. We can do this!
Those are some great motivators! And you will FEEL great in your sparkly dress, to be sure!
Old 04-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #37  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

I took a sneak peek today and I am really close! Maybe I will be there sooner than I think but agree there was be some bouncing around as the body is adjusting.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #38  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I weighed in at 205.5 this week. Inching closer and closer!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #39  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Today is my weekly weigh day.......drumroll..............woohoo, I made it! I'm cautiously optimistic....this week could be bad and I could bounce back but for now - yay!
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #40  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Shannon, congratulations! That's awesome! I sure it will take a while to be 100% under 200 pounds, but you've made it, and you'll keep going. You must feel great

I am 2.5 pounds away...slowly getting there...

Last edited by nonameslob; 04-14-2014 at 09:42 AM.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:57 AM   #41  
Melissa

Quote:
Today is my weekly weigh day.......drumroll..............woohoo, I made it! I'm cautiously optimistic....this week could be bad and I could bounce back but for now - yay!
Good job!! That had to feel great!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #42  
Amazing Revelations

Well done Shannon!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #43  
Melissa

MissSMcC.... Every time I see your signature I have to do a double take. My name is Melissa, and when I was a kid I was called Missy. My last name before marriage started with McC... so I always kind of see my abbreviated kid name when I see your siggy. MissyMcC
Old 04-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #44  
Amazing Revelations

Haha Melissa! My name is sheryl, when I joined I couldn't think of a username so used my initials instead. It's a pretty awkward username but no sense changing really.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:51 AM   #45  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Woohoo! Congrats!!
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote