Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #1  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Default Onederland - the line in the sand Support Group

Please join me in finding support to reaching Onederland.

Onederland (getting to under 200 pounds) for many of us is that line in the sand from being "just a little overweight" to being obese. Real or not, crossing that line on the way up or crossing that line on the way down has a huge psychological impact on many of us.

So, if you have this huge desire to get to onederland - even if it is 100 plus pounds away or just a few pounds away, come join me in finding support and encouragement, and in the end, celebration when we cross into onederland for (hopefully) forever.

ETA: This thread is not meant as a "temporary" home for those who are close to 200 and just waiting to cross over. That thread is here Two-teens into one-derland - a land of wonder. THIS thread is specifically for ANYONE who has a psychological thing with the number 200 and needs support. You could be 320 pounds, 250, 180 or whatever. If that number 200 is HUGE in your head from day one of your journey or it still has a hold on you at day 437, this thread is for YOU!

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 06-19-2014 at 11:36 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:17 AM   #2  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

ME!!!!!!!

I want to be in onederland so BAD! I can honestly say I have no idea when the last time I was under 200lbs. I've been big forever. I'm sure it was probably junior high or so...

It wasn't THAT long ago that I was a few mere lbs away from 300 lbs. (I'm sure I was over that at some point, but didn't see the numbers on the scale) That was terrifying. I've been hovering in the 250's for what feels like an eternity now. With 50lbs give or take to go I'm hoping to see that magical #1 by fall. (In a perfect world, it would be just before I visit my whole family for my Aunts 70th birthday, August long weekend, but I am not holding my breath!)

I feel like being under 200lbs would just change everything.

But.... It may not

I sure can't wait to find out!

Last edited by Silverfire; 04-04-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I was 199.0 a few months ago for about 3minutes lol. I can tell you those 3 minutes were intense fun lol but by lunch time I was right back to over 200. Sigh!

We'll get there!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #4  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I am...so...freaking...close. And I don't know why that number means so much to me!

Wannabeskinny...that scares me. Since the number unnecessarily means so much to me, I'm afraid I'll be equally disappointed if I get under 200 and go right back over. Ah, why is weight loss such a head game?

Good luck to all of you!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:42 PM   #5  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

That is really my mini goal. I have plans to take my kids on a big family vacation this summer to Disney world- as my husband has been gone for months and not due back until June from military deployment. Due to my severe issues with self-esteem, branching from my weight, I have held my entire family captive for years, unable to go anywhere and enjoy life. This vacation is sorta my "I'm so sorry" gift, as I am using money I have been saving up for a long time to fund it.

My hope is to join "onederland' before we leave. Our day of departure is July 25th...so I'm looking at just under 30 lbs in 4 months to lose. *fingers crossed* This trip is so important to me and I've been using it as motivation. I don't want to let them down or be a stick in the mud the whole time.
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #6  
diamondgeog

It happened to me the first time since high school this past Saturday. I even took a picture of the scale at 199.8. I was 198.2 today. It is pretty awesome to see a 1 as the first number.

And although not at goal, and I will revise down when I hit 190, it is pretty huge. I posted on Facebook and Twitter. You'll all get there. I've had so many people say how great I look, but for me it is how great I feel. And just how much more fun life is not being hungry and being energetic all the time.

If I can do it at 48, way over half my life significantly over 200, closer to 300 you all can. I could barely walk at 32, now I am a 5Ker. Find your groove, moderation, low carb, or whatever and it is worth it is all I can say.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #7  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

Onederland is such a BIG goal for me. I do feel like once I step over that threshold that it is this big sign of real change. I was there once before and it was an amazing feeling of accomplishment. But then I gained it back

Right now I am so close. I am hoping by the end of the month I will hit Onederland!

Goodluck everyone!
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #8  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
I can honestly say I have no idea when the last time I was under 200lbs. I've been big forever. I'm sure it was probably junior high or so...
I'm totally with ya, as I know I hit 250 when I was just 14 years old; being anywhere under 250 is still considered an amazing accomplishment for me. Anyway, I'm guessing I haven't been anywhere under 200 since the seventh grade.

This is the lowest I've ever been as an adult, so this is also the closest I've ever been to 199, and I was talking about this the other night with the hubby. I pointed out that I'm excited even though I know it's just an arbitrary number and that going down another 8 pounds isn't going to be all that much different than where I am right now, but he argued that it isn't exactly arbitrary because it's a number that actually does change people's perceptions. Weighing one-hundred-something comes off as way different than two-hundred-something, like it or not. So it's understandable to be excited, to cross that threshold.

I first started being embarrassed about my dress size in fourth grade, and obesity first likely plagued me the following year. So I'm even more excited at the thought of reaching 196, as that's when I'll no longer be obese! I'm tentatively setting a goal to get in that range by June 21st, although I'd like to accomplish as much as I can by the Fourth of July because I'll be seeing some family that weekend. They know how hard I've been working at this and have been cheering me on over the phone.

Good luck to everyone, we can do this!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:48 PM   #9  
Melissa

Oh I'm so glad there are takers!

It is a HUGE threshold line for me even though I like to consider myself a level headed person and logical, there is something about 200.

NOW... if I were RadioJane or a tall, large built fellow, I wouldn't feel that way about 200 - there are heights and weights that go with 200 plus and are NOT huge. But even for a large built woman (which I am) 200 is way too much.

When I got to over 200 after getting married, I lost control and pigged out as "well, I've already crossed the threshold".

I got super excited when I got under it both my previous weight loss journeys.

And when I went over it this time? That's when the deep depression really set in and I totally lost all control with eating and I didn't care. I knew I would lose it again, but I was over 200 gosh darn it!!!

It's not rational... and I'm very far from there, but... that's the line for me.

And I truly, TRULY hope I never cross over it again once I get under it.

That is my goal for this calendar year too. If I can lose more than that, great, but to get to under 200 is the goal.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #10  
Melissa

Felt great to see the scale go down today. I hadn't stepped on a scale since April I think.... No... that's not true. I stepped on it once and saw it was over 200 and then I didn't step on it again - denial.

Oh well.... onward and downward we go!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I was probably 11 years old the last time I was in Onderland. I got so close a few times. I have a bit to go but I'm working on it
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #12  
Nuttin to it but to do it

S/C/G: 270/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6''

When I was in onederland, I took it for granted... But when the 2 showed up at the front of the scale I really let myself go crazy. It is only now, when I realize how much work it takes to get back under 200, that I am kicking myself for letting this happen.

But I am trying to unpack and release the guilt, so that I can just keep going in the right direction.

My goal is to be in onederland by Christmas. Thanks to everyone for the support.
KarinRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #13  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinRose View Post
When I was in onederland, I took it for granted... But when the 2 showed up at the front of the scale I really let myself go crazy. It is only now, when I realize how much work it takes to get back under 200, that I am kicking myself for letting this happen.

But I am trying to unpack and release the guilt, so that I can just keep going in the right direction.

My goal is to be in onederland by Christmas. Thanks to everyone for the support.
Yep, completely me - but I've gone crazy THREE times for going over onderland! You would think I would learn, huh?

And onederland is my goal too, but for my birthday which is Dec. 10th.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #14  
Obsessed

S/C/G: 265/230/175

Height: 5'5"

Count me in. I haven't been there in probably 15 years.
CooCooCaChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 262/tick/150

Height: 5'9

I'm in, was trying to figure out a goal between here and the end and this is almost exactly half way.
Anonee_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote