Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 09:39 PM   #181  

LOL Angie!! I wish I could tell my husband he's loopy!!

I cheated a little bit tonight as well. I didn't eat any sweets, but I did have 5 or 6 french fries.

I have been really hungry today because I haven't eaten much in 3-4 days cause I was so ill. I could tell I started feeling better today, my appetite came back.

Holly
Old 06-22-2003, 12:45 PM   #182  
Mommy, wife, teacher

[COLOR=deeppink]Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA. I went to a retirement party on Friday after school, and then I had to devote my night to my family. Yesterday, I had a friend's wedding. I had my hair done and then had tips put on my nails, which was so time consuming. By the time I got home, my husband and I got into an argument over me being late...out of my control...but anyway, I rushed to get ready for the wedding. I have to say, for the first time in years, I lookedHOT!!! I wore a low cut sleeveless black dress with tiny hot pink flowers, and gorgeous black sandals. My hot pink nails matched the flowers in the dress, and my hair was soap opera star worthy!!! My husband was still mad, and commented that he hoped I hadn't spent too much for that hairdo. You know what? Even though my feelings were hurt a little, I know that I looked better than I have in years. So he can take a long walk off a short pier! A man at the wedding even made a pass at me!!! Anyway, it was a blast. Because my morning was a blur, I missed lunch. So, even though I chowed down on appetizers, wine, prime rib, shrimp, bread, and wedding cake, I maintained my weight loss from last week. Tomorrow is my class's graduation, and I will be out of school on Wednesday, so I promise to be more attentive to all of you. I know that I am not carrying my "weight" right now. My name is Boobie Giggle Head, which is perfect because I am a 42DDD, and I laugh a lot!!! My weight history consists of beginning weight watchers for the first time at age 12. I was successful, and didn't have a weight problem again until my mother died of cancer when I was 22. I gained and lost weight over a period of six years. Marriage made me gain more weight, and pregnancy was the all time whopper which brought me up to 250. I dropped to 215 after gallbladder surgery. I went back up to 232, and am currently 219. I am 5'8" tall, and would LOVE to be 160. Believe it or not, at 160, I am a size 11/12, and look great. I am half Swedish, and have very broad shoulders, and I think I would look sick if I weighed any less than that. My mom was about my size when she died...weird, huh? My father died of heart disease and cancer. My grandma had diabetes. My sister is very obese, and I have cousins who are in the neighborhood of between 300-400 lbs. Yes girls, all of the family health risks are there, plain to see. I would like to stop the cycle right here. Summer
Old 06-22-2003, 02:18 PM   #183  
Domestic Engineer

Hey everyone- Happy Summer!! (yesterday ) Unfortunately our temps went from the 90s to the 50s! Not exactly summer weather!

I think I'm recovering from my crazy week- maybe after a nap today and an early bed-time I'll finally feel back to normal. I feel stiff and sore which I hate- I mean I'm only 34!! I shouldn't have these aches and pains and I know a great deal of it is my weight and lack of activity. So time to get hopping again!

Friday night was our girl's dinner and was oh so fun. The dinner was actually quite healthy- the drinnks were pina coladas (virgin)- but made with cream and whipped cream- but oh my were they good! And of course my cheesecake, but I stuck with the one piece! But the meat and veggies were grilled and salads were all really good and lots of veggies. ANyway, it is a fun group of friends and we laugh so hard for 3-4 hours that we all end up with headaches. Such a blast though and what a release. I look forward to the dinners every month just for the laughs (OK, the food too )

Myweight history...

How tall are we/you??
I am 5'7" and currenly at 235 :blech:

How long have you struggled with your weight??
I was very thin in high school- without even trying- weighed 120. I was in a bad relationship and got depressed and started emotionally eating then- think I was 135 the summer I graduated high school. Then off to college where I gained the "freshman 15" Had really bad eating habits and ate out a lot. I stayed about 157 all through college and was continually unhappy with my weight, working out, bingeing and losing and gaining the same 7 lbs or so. Really wanted to be at 140.
Then I got engaged after university graduation (to same high-school bf- still bad relationship) While we were engaged I got up to165 and felt really fat-"squishy" for the first time. I spent a summer eating great and working out and got down to 145 for the wedding that winter. Gained at least 7 back on the honeymoon. The next couple years gained and gained some more and was back up to maybe 170- lost a bunch again- gained it back. We divorced 3 years after we were married and I was into the emotional eating bigtime-I think I got up to 192!
Well, after getting out of that and getting happy I got down to 175 and that's where I was when I met my current DH. I stayed pretty much there for awhile, but then we got into the "fat and happy" trap. Watching movies and eating tons of candy and ppp. Got up to 188 which was my pre-preg weight for my first child. Gained 40 lbs with that pregnancy and got down to 195 but stayed there. When that son was 15 mo I joined WW and lost down to 177. I was 180 when I got pg. with my #2 son and gained 45 lbs. I got up to 225 and only lost 10 lbs post-partum which is where I stayed for the next 2 + years!! My "low" was 210 and for whatever reason I gained up to 229 before I got pg with #3 last summer. (emotional eating perhaps??) So... this pregnancy I did pretty good with the weight- about 18 lbs and then some water weight at the end which put me at 254. I lost all my og. weight by 2 weeks post-partum (229) but here I am at 8.5 weeks and it's crept back up to 235. SOOOOoooooo...sorry that was so long-winded, but it's a good reminder for me of where I've come from and where I know I can get back to!!

Are your parents overweight?

My mom is 5'10" and did gain weight during her baby years. She is now 68 and wears an 18 which looks great on her. She is a "bigger" woman- probably 15 lbs overweight- all in her stomach. She walks and teaches water-aerobics- very fit. My dad is probably 15 lbs over-weight too.

Why do you want to lose weight?
I really don't want to look like this anymore- it's gross to me. I feel like a stranger in my own body. It's affecting my relationship with my DH (only because I'm inhibited- he's never made me feel like anything but a hottie-great man) I also don't want to be the biggest mom of my kid's friends. I want to be active with them. I want to be able to shop in normal stores and pick something off the rack. I want to feel beautiful again. And of course I want to be healthy.

So sorry that turned into a novel!

Well, my boys will be home from church soon (I skipped and rested ) I'd better run, but will try to check in again.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:38 PM   #184  
Finally Fit!

HI Girls. Long time no see! Just wanted to drop in and see ya'll. I miss tlaking, but I"m so crazy busy. We're still waiting for baby.

http://www.christianadoption.com/sam...rischristy.htm

Thought I"d include our profile. man, things have been wild around here in Maryland. We're praying for baby, prmoting ourselves all over the state. We're shopping for furniture, painted our nursery yesterday. We're looking at cribs. We've got tons of faith that it'l happen for us, and figure we oughta prepare for the blessings, cause God is funny sometimes!!

Still pushing myself physically. I've managed to maintain at 135 ish pounds. That's a miracle. I turn down donuts like crazy. Not like the old me.. I'd start with 2 and work up to more if possible. Man, has life changed int he past year. Reached my goal of 150, and my body basicalyl said 'nope, still burning'. Love that.

I work out to the Boot Camp training video still, and have my cousin and friend from church in my basement, sweating like crazy! It's so much better to have a team to work with. Accountability and all.

I've toned up, and actually have muscles!! Woo-Hoo, and by the way, my sister aint' got nothing on me now! That was a big issue my whole life. Now she's trying to keep up with me. Man, that's nirvana. God is good.

So, we're ok, hubby's healthy. We're working on the house, preparing for baby, and I've been offered a great position within our company.. seems like my bad luck streak is hybernating for once.

Love you girls, and thought I"d drop by and encourage you to stay focused, love yourself, and keep sweating!! Mwaaah! (big kiss) - Christy
Old 06-22-2003, 03:39 PM   #185  
Finally Fit!

I"ll linger around. Just won't keep a journal. Talk to ya.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:52 PM   #186  

Chris......hey girl....my prayers are still with you and hubby for your little miricle. Glad to see you on the thread. Don't feel like you have to post all the time....we will take what you can give.

Sandy
Old 06-22-2003, 07:24 PM   #187  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Summer, I am glad to hear that you had fun at the wedding.

Chris, It is good to hear from you. I am glad life is going great for you.

Sandy, How ya liking the weather? I love it. I am hoping to be swimming all week...in between washing the dogs and carpets and getting ready for the party that is. I need to go buy a lounge chair for the pool becuase I really like to float around on the water and catch some sun.

I was so BAD this weekend. Iate so much crap. Now I am trying to hold on till this Saturday for the party and Monday for the dinner and then I plan to get back to business as usual. This week should be okay for me because I have my meals all planned out until Friday. Fingers crossed!!! I still didnt get all of my shopping done because it was so damn hot yesterday I just wanted to go home. I will make a list for Jay to buy while he is picking up the cake on Saturday I guess.

Kempy, How did your yardsale turn out? Did ya make a fortune? I watched a show on New Orleans on the Food channel this weekend and boy do I want to visit you!!

Well, I am off to walk in the rain. Talk to ya all tomorrow. I just had to come and confess my sins.
Old 06-23-2003, 07:29 AM   #188  

Angie: I'm sure it is warmer at your house than mine only because I am on the coast. But, I can't believe we are going from like the 60's to the 90's in a few days time....Hubby put the a/c in the livingroom lastnight so we would be ready for it this week, I think he will be putting the new one in the bedroom in tonight after work.

We have to finish moving the office this week too, so that will be a treat....sweat rolling down my face....wonderful look you know.

Kempy: Hope you made tons of extra $$$$ at the lawn sale.

Hello to all...hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Be back later,
Sandy
Old 06-23-2003, 12:01 PM   #189  

One more week of work and then I am off! I am telling you this week is going to creep by becasue of it too.

We did pretty good at the sale, almost $200. Thank goodness we were actually in the garage b/c it started to pour at around 12. I think we did good considering all we pretty much sold was clothes and almost everything was $1. Whatever was left we sent to good will. I can get a tax write off for what is left.

I did my name and it is Pinky Chicken buns and Joe is Crusty Chicken buns (yuck!). What I think is neat is that my nephews call me pinky. One of them couldn't say Kempy hhen he was little and it came out pinky so it just kind of stuck. Now I am aunt pink.

Wow Chris pooped in!!!

Our weather here was great yesterday. It didn't rain for the first time in 2 weeks. We are hoping that our yard will dry out now. It is still pretty wet. Our temp was 92 but the heat index was 109!! And we were out washing the house and cleaning the gutters so we both got a nice little burn.

I am not doing to good you guys. (be ready I am about to whine) I feel like I have been doing better than I used to and I am getting some exercise in too. When I get dressed in the mornings my ring will not go on (I push really hard) and my clothes are tight. What in the world is happening? I am really starting to get depressed because of this. I am trying not to eat b/c of the depression but it is really hard. I knwo eating wont solve anything but I feel like I am spinning my wheels.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:48 PM   #190  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Default Thank God it's Monday

Good morning everyone, it's Crusty Apple Sniffer here . Hehe, Rick has a cute name, Buttercup Bubble Sniffer--my son's name would be the same, would that make him a junior? Anyway, that's pretty funny.

OK so my good eating has been pretty much nonexistent for the past few months, well, week(s)...I'm going to stay 100% OP today, then tomorrow, then the day after that. My 4th of July weekend in Maui is coming up fast and I don't want to be bustin' out of my boardshorts. This weekend we went to the premiere of the Sinbad movie. It was ok, but it's not a must-see like I would recommend Finding Nemo. Come to think of it, we went to see the Rugrats movie last week and it wasn't much worth mentioning. Maybe we'll go and see the Hulk sometime this week. Gawd! I wish I could see some adult movies and not cartoons and stuff. Can't wait til my babysitters come back. Hmmmm, maybe I'll have to sneak away and catch a movie during the day by myself...ideas, ideas.

Chris ! So good to hear from you. You must be excited preparing your home for baby. Still sending good vibes : your way for a little one. Your profiles are great and you two look mah-velous! Maintaining at 135ish? That is so awesome! Sheesh, reaching goal and beyond, that is something wonderful. Well, take care friend and drop in anytime. We miss ya.

Kempy "aunt pink" is a cool name. My neice used to call me Auntie Nana (naw-naw), and Nana in Filipino is like grandma or old lady, ya know . She couldn't say Noelle. Luckily, the name didn't stick, whew! Hang in there w/your efforts. Maybe you're just retaining more water than usual? Have you changed your meds recently?

Emily and Summer--sounds like you both had great fun at your parties. We all need to have good times with friends. Summer, sometimes men can be such sh*t-heads. I'm sure you looked wonderful and it was worth every last penny if getting all dolled up made you feel like a million bucks--so much so that another man noticed--how nice!

Angie sounds like you'll be having a busy week getting ready for your party. Have fun enjoying your sun.

Sandy you lucky lady you, I miss my A/C in the bedroom, but there are other ways I combat the heat while sleeping...um, I won't go into detail but it doesn't involve much clothing .

Holly, hope you're 100% feeling better today. Thanks for the laughs.

Hmmm, my profile...I'll be right back with that.

Hope everyone has as great Monday!
Old 06-23-2003, 03:36 PM   #191  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

OK here goes:
I am 31 years old and the mother of one.
I am 5' 3 1/2" tall. As of this morning I weighed 180 (!) yup, the evil scale said 180 this morning No one to blame but myself. (Note to self: work on reducing hand-to-mouth coordination). Hoping to get some of the "bloat" off with good food choices and exercise this week .

How long have you struggled with your weight?
I don't know about "struggled", but I was probably overweight from the time I was in the 3rd grade. I remember going to a 4th grade check up and already weighing 108 lbs. I remember weighing 145 lbs in my freshman year (what I would give to weigh that right now! ) --not a bad weight at all but at the time I felt so hugely gross and fat. I went to school with a lot of tiny petite framed Filipinas and Japanese girls who weren't even 5' tall and probably weighed about 75-80 lbs. I graduated HS in 1989 at about 168 lbs. Gained 20 lbs that same year when hubby and I started dating and went in the 'fat and happy' mode, as someone put it. I probably weighed around 180-188 for a good 8 years. Then creeped up to 195, then 200. I lost 20 lbs then got pregnant sort of unexpectedly. I gained 40 lbs then, my highest non-pregnant weight was 215. I can say I've been struggling with this weight for the past 6 years. I decided to take action last October 2002 when my biggest size 18 jeans were getting tight. I've lost my mojo and am looking to get some new motivation and new direction to get this weight off. Oh yes, I'm the youngest of 7 girls and was always the fattest of the bunch.

Are your parents overweight?
My dad is overweight by about 30-40 lbs, aggravated more so by a leg injury from a killer coconut (another story for another time) 4 or so years ago. I think his family as a whole is overweight, some are really obese, others are just overweight. My mom is slim and walks everyday. I think she weighs between 130 and 135 and has maintained this weight for quite a long time.

Why do you want to lose weight?

I'm tired of being tired. I want to look better, feel healthy and be active outdoors and set a good example for my son. I ultimately would like to have another child and want to have a normal uneventful pregnancy free from high blood pressure and diabetes, which being overweight can increase your chances--and I want a normal delivery. I didn't have problems with my first pregnancy, but that was also 5 years ago when I was younger. I weighed 180 at the beginning of the pregnancy and only recently have seen that number on the scale...I don't much like it, but I know I must rely on me to change it.

That's the short story about me and my weight.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:17 PM   #192  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey everyone.

Kempy, I hope the water retention leaves you soon. How close is your period? Maybe the humidity is screwing with you so you have been drinking alot more water or something. Damn, $200.00!!! I should have a yard sale. I usually just throw everything away. I am too lazy to devote a day to hanging around the house.

Sandy, It is pretty warm up here today. I actually went swimming!!! Oh my god!!! We put the dogs in the pool. We shouldnt have either because Cappie LOVED it and has been trying to get in ever since. When he realized that he cant get in without us there he went out and played in his kiddie pool in the yard(Yes my dogs have a kiddie pool of their own!!! ) It was so funny because he was splashing and spazzing out in it.

Noelle, I know where you are coming from. I dont want to diet right now either but I am trying my best to be good. I guess last weeks binge was PMS since I started this morning. Hopefully It will be easier to get on track after our dinner. I did however have a perfect day yesterday with no mess ups and today is going okay so far. It is the nights that get me though.Dont feel bad about your scales. I managed to bloat myself right back up to 144 this weekend. Hopefully most of it can leave before this weekends festivities. And then I can start all over again on Monday.
Old 06-23-2003, 08:19 PM   #193  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Christy, best of luck conceiving. It took me 3 years, surgeries, hormone shots, and in vitro fertilization. When I needed inspiration to keep on going, I read Illuminata by Marianne Williamson.

Angie, I've been bad with eating too, but it sounds like you've got the right attitude. Keep it up!

Sandy, The 90's arrived in Connecticut today. My classroom was a sauna. Luckily tomorrow is the last day of school. Wednesday, I am going to the beach and will bring along a trashy novel.

Kempy, Congrats on the $200 profit! I'm having my first ever tag sale on July 5th. I'm not sure how to price things. Any advice? Also, cutting down on sodium and increasing your water intake might help. Every time I eat Chinese food, I retain tons of water weight. Good luck!

Noelle, you are not alone in feeling a lack of motivation. I was so into it a week or so ago, and then I just lost it. Too much stress, and too many celebrations. Maybe Wednesday when I'm out of school, I can get remotivated. You and I will get it back when we are ready to. In the meantime, NO GUILT ALLOWED. It is a waste of time and energy.

Our pre-k graduation was so cool today. The kids did great! They sang beautifully. They signed a song perfectly.
I got choked up reading a poem though. I'm so emotional. Oh, and one more little snag, one of the boys wet his pants and left a puddle on the floor... but otherwise, it was great! Tomorrow, we will sing our favorite songs, read our favorite stories, play our favorite games, ...and say goodbye . I'm gonna miss these kids so much. This was my best ever class. Summer

Last edited by Summerlover; 06-23-2003 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:44 PM   #194  
Domestic Engineer

Well, I'm having a really hard time getting back into this...2 birthdays, father's day, girl's dinner etc etc. I'm just loving the sweets and fats! Guess I have to quit cold turkey. On top of all that AF seems to be back!!! ACKKKKK- remember the conversation of last week and how I felt pretty confident since I was nursing that I wouldn't have to worry about TOM for quite some time??! Well, that just s*cks. Anyway, I'm sure those hormone surges weren't helping my cravings either.
So back on the wagon I climb (and it isn't a pretty sight )- tomorrows goals: walk, water and no fast food or candy bars. Simple.
Hi to you all- sorry I don' t have time for replies tonight. Talk to you all tomorrow
Old 06-24-2003, 07:47 AM   #195  

Hi girls,

Angie: yesterday did not get to hot here on the coast, we hit like 73 or so, they say today is be a scourcher inland, but here at the coast we are supposed to get that breeze in the afternoon so it should not be too bad. I have the day off so I may take the kids to the lake for a dip.

Noelle: Keep the faith girl, you can get back on plan. Sometimes we get stuck in a funk we find so hard to climb out of..Believe me I have been in that funk several times.

Summer: Glad you will be hitting the beach and spending your time the way you want. I don't do the beach cause I burn so bad, and my kids do too, Evan is Red headed and Alexis is fair skinned blonde. We are kinda lake people...haha in the shade you know. By the way, no one told you, but Christy and her hubby are trying to adopt a baby, just thought I would let you know.

Jen: Sorry your Aunt Flow came back to visit so soon. I know when I was breast feeding I loved that it was non existant. Then I took the depo shot for birth control for a while and it was gone again. Now I have had one ovary and tube out and the other one is burned and tied, I asked for them to take everything out, I said I don't need it anymore....don't want anymore babies, but they said NO!! Oh shucks!!!

Kempy: Love the pinky thing, I think that is so cute. Way to go on the yard sale money...

By the way....my new name according to the book is....

Zippy bubblehead......hubbys is Loopy Bubblehead, Alexis is Crusty Bubblehead, and Evan is Poopsie Bubblehead, guess we are just a family of bubbleheads!!!

~Sandy~
Closed Thread