Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 05:14 PM   #106  
Domestic Engineer

Happy Birthday to me!!
Had a fun day yesterday- I mentioned DH took the day off. Well, a friend took my older 2 and we went and had a sushi snack and saw the movie "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" pretty cute show.

Doing well so far today...I'm going to enjoy my cake and chunky monkey ice-cream and move on...fresh start tomorrow (not next Monday!!)

Kempy- good job resisting Wendy's! I know how hard that is- especially when you are alone and have no-one to "report to" but yourself!

Holly- ditto to you on the croissant. I've never had one of those choc. chip ones-- sounds like I'd better introduce myself to them!

Sandy- ditto to you on McDs! (aren't we all resistors this week!!) Fast food is a weakness of mine, but I'm getting better!

Hi to Angie and Noelle! (and anyone else!)
check in later

Emily
Old 06-12-2003, 07:51 AM   #107  

Emily,

The crossaints are great! One bite had to be enough for me though. Happy belated birthday, enjoy your cake and ice cream, I hope you ate a piece for all of us!!

My doc put me on 5 days of prednisone yesterday, and I am STARVING today. I am hoping that my oatmeal will help.

How is the weather where you ladies are? It really stinks here in New York State. All we keep getting is rain, rain, rain. The temperature is finally hovering in the lower 70's, but just feels like I a wet sticky ick. I am beginning to think summer is going to forget us this year.

This probably sounds crazy, but I got up this morning at 5 am to do my aerobics because it has been soooo hot at night when I have been walking.

Yesterday I did something I never thought I could. I was at work from 7 am until 3, then had a dr.'s appt at 4. By the time I got to the pharmacy at 5 pm, I was really really hungry. So, while waiting for my med, I went over to the snack aisle. I saw all sorts of yummy foods (chips, peanuts, candy, cheesecrackers), but, I passed them all by, and ended up buying cheddar soy chips which had 3 grams of fat and 140 calories for the whole bag, and only ate half. Surprisingly, it was enough until dinner when I got home.

Eating right and exercising is such a challenge, but I have decided to give it my best shot. It is hard for me to eliminate all sweets, but, I have found that if I cheat for one day, I am rarely able to get back on track the next day, or the day after that.

Holly
Old 06-12-2003, 08:26 AM   #108  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Holly you sound like me. In the beginning I wouldnt allow myself to mess up at all because I just had such a hard time getting back on track. Now I mess up quite a bit but if I do make myself get on track it seems to be okay. This week has been a snacky week so I am not expecting a loss.

Maine's weather sucks too. I usually have been in the pool before school gets out but the kids got out on Tuesday and I only went in the pool one day. I wouldnt even think about it now. I want hot weather so bad.

I got up early too today. We must be on the same wavelength. I got up at 5:30 and did 3 miles and then I will con the kids into walking with me later if Jay wants to go 4wheeling.

Noelle, I MISS YOU!!!! I hope you are having a great week.

Sandy, How are you doing?

Kempy, Did Booger ever come in to meet you?

Emily, I am glad you had a great birthday.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:47 AM   #109  

I'm good, still hanging in there with all my might. Hahaha, acutally I had a bit of a problem with a bag of chips, but that was my own fault, I think it's PMS time and the salt was what I wanted?

I'm at work now, and if I could just stay here all would be great, cause the only thing here to eat is my WW meal....and water.

Angie: Great job on 3 miles already...you impress me. I know what you mean about the weather, it just plain sucks. Is summer ever gonna get here?

Hi, Kempy, Emily, Noelle, Jen and did I miss someone? Yup, I missed Holly (hello to you too! )

TTYL,
Sandy
Old 06-12-2003, 11:27 AM   #110  

Hang on Sandy!!!! I just started so I am now free of the cravings again. Whew! I am sending period thoughts your way to help stop your cravings. :vibe:

Can you say to many drinks for Kempy last night? We hung out on the set of the movie last night after we hit the mexican rest. I was good with food (ceasar salad with dressing on the side) but I had a few maragrits and then a few beers too. Bad Kempy!!!

We have a big storm heading or way right now. I wish I was home right now. Not only so I could sleep more but also I love to be there when it is raining. Really relaxing.

I didn't get to meat Jamie FOxx or Booger but I did get my picture taken with the guy who played Willow. Really nice guy. Come to find out he was also the guy who played R2D2 in Star Wars. When I get the pics developed I will scan then and post them so you guys can see. All in all it was a cool night. I am sure it isn't something that I will ever do again.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:49 PM   #111  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Angry I'm baaaaaack

Hey girlies, I was AWOL for a few days...in a blue funk so I decided to take a couple of days off. I'm back and just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I'm going for a manicure and pedicure today so hopefully that'll make me feel a little better. I went to my friend's memorial service on Monday, that was a bit of closure but it's still a shock that she's gone . Her 2 cats were adopted by another friend that used to house-sit for her, so I know they're going to a good home--except that they have to move to the Big Island. Well, there's a heck of a lot of chatter here and I haven't had time to go back and read everything but first off, welcome to Holly . Let me try and work backwards.

Kempy sounds like you had a cool night. AND you got to meet Warwick Davis--that is cool. I loved him in Willow. I didn't like him much as that creepy leprechaun in the Leprechaun movie, so I guess it was good acting. I remember Booger too--except I remember him more as the guy in Risky Business telling Tom Cruise, "Sometimes you just gotta say, WTF" --remember that?

Hey Sandy, good job on hanging on to that wagon. I'm still riding alongside ya, halfheartedly. You had a problem w/chips, well yesterday I had a problem w/Fiddle Faddle (blech) . It was so sweet, I don't know why I ate so much of it. I need to get out of this funk I'm in. I need to reassess and find something that'll shock me back into the groove--maybe I should just try my jeans on again, if they do fit, I'll be shocked . Nah, I'm coming back into the groove, I just need to stay with it.

Angie so you're having a snacky week huh? Well I guess TOM is around the corner for you (I'm guessing) . You're doing so awesome though, I've always admired your willpower. If I could send you some rays I would, then you could enjoy your pool. It's so dang hot here!

Holly sounds like you're doing a great job on your exercise and food choices. I need to take a page from your book and convince myself that if I cheat, it'll only make it harder to get back on track, so why do it? I'm having a great day so far though .

Emily, happy belated birthday, hope it was happy. How nice of your hubby to spend the day w/you and even more so that your friend took the kids. Sounds like a happy kind of day to "reconnect" .

Neesh what's happening in your neck of the woods?

I hope Jen is having a great vacation. Drive safe!

Hope I didn't miss anyone...hope everyone is having a great day. I'll check back later.

Oh yeah, I finally made my reservations and paid for my 4th of July weekend in Maui. Can't wait to get away!
Old 06-12-2003, 02:55 PM   #112  
so close, yet so far...

a bit off subject, but...

Kempy, too bad you couldn't have met Val Kilmer, he was in the Willow movie too wasn't he? Although I don't really think he's a 'great' actor, he's sure great at being eye-candy--and calorie free too . Mmmmm, I was really into him during his Jim Morrison portrayal. Just thought I'd mention that
Old 06-12-2003, 05:44 PM   #113  

Welcome back Noelle!!!! We missed you, but forgive you too.

Okay, I think your {{vibe}} thing is just a little to freaky Kempy, cause I went to the bathroom at work and you guess it, TOM arrived. So that explains the chip craving. I can't wait for this to be over though!!! Since I had my one tube cut and tied and the other removed, god, my periods are pure **** and heavy.....wish they had taken everything out and I would be done with it!!!

Being on the movie set sounds fun though. Funny how they can make your street look nothing like it really does. They filmed some of "Message in a Bottle" in New Harbor, Maine, which is like 10 minutes from here and a very fishing kind of town, but you would not know it by the scenes in the movie. the resturaunt they are at is actually named "Shaws Wharf" but in the movie it was something else. They changed a lot.

Well, gotta run I'm in the middle of cooking supper too.
Old 06-12-2003, 06:10 PM   #114  

This is so crazy!!! My TOM started this afternoon as well. I knew it was coming for the last two days, could feel it, etc. So, now it's 3 of us!?

I was looking at some pics of myself when I was 128 pounds, and think maybe I looked a little too thin. Maybe I should aim for 135? I will not step on the scale again until my TOM is over cause I know the weight will not be accurate. I am trying really hard to stay away from the junk food. I made some vanilla pudding tonight (again with 1% milk), and that will have to suffice as dessert, although a chewy fudge brownie sounds much better!! Oh well.

Noelle,

Hi! I hope it is ok to ask, what happened to your friend who passed? It is so hard to lose someone close to us.

Holly
Old 06-12-2003, 07:00 PM   #115  
Domestic Engineer

You guys better not make TOM come back sooner than absolutely necessary!! With nursing I'm hoping to make it *at least* to 6 months-- hopefully more...

Well, I am absolutely exhausted today! Stayed up til 1am which is always dumb for me 'cuz then I'm grouchy with the kids which is never good. It was good that I got some cleaning done since I've been running around non-stop today, but I'm tired!

Went and had some pictures taken of the 3 boys- just a friend who does some nice amateur photograpy. Did them outside down at the river bottom. Whew! That was exhausting in and of itself. Can you imagine taking pictures of kids for a living *all* day?! It was really hard with 3- either the middle one wasn't smiling (or even looking at the camera) or the baby was flopping all over. I hope we at least got a couple good ones out of 2 rolls!

Noelle- glad to see you back and sorry about your friend. I so hear you about the fiddle faddle! It can be so addicting and not even taste that great!

Holly- I think your idea of low-fat pudding is great- it's kind of a comfort food and a nice sweet dessert w/out all the guilt...

Our weather was actually beautiful today! IT's been on the cool side for several days and we've had rain, but today was perfect- of not a little too warm. I just got back from the park with the boys- walked and it took *forever*- only got my heart rate up from being annoyed (ie. lack of sleep and dilly dallying boys...). Haven't been so great on the food today (also from being tired) stopped and 7-11 for a soda and treated myself to a candy bar. DUMB. Like I didn't have enough sugar with my cake (which I also had for lunch today) I'll be better tomorrow and why not- even for the rest of today!!

Well, it's almost time for swimming lessons for my oldest (will this day ever end??) Better run. Hi to Angie, Sandy, Neesha - are you moved?
Talk to you later
Old 06-12-2003, 08:16 PM   #116  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good afternoon!! Has anyone ever tried Texas Barbeque? We have a place in Monson that has it and I have been watching the Food Network(BAD IDEA!!) all week and all they have shown is BBQ. I want to try it so bad!!

My period isnt due until the 28th. Right on my birthday party of course. We usually do a pool party too.

I did 6 miles today. YEAH for me!! I better get it in because Saturday I am sure I am going to be bloated from Jays Pizza Hut and Haleys birthday party. Lets put it this way. I wont be being good .
Old 06-12-2003, 08:40 PM   #117  

Jelynn,

The pudding is the only dessert I could think of that would satisfy my sweet tooth without the fat and starch. I hope I can still lose weight, even while eating the pudding. I need a little sweet in my diet!

Angie,

6 miles is great!! I exercised twice today, once at 5 am (Denise Austin's Bounce Back After Baby, even though my baby is almost 2), and again at 7 pm (Kathy Smith's Time Saver Cardio Workout). My husband thinks I am crazy!! He sits on the couch reading, and says, that doesn't look like fun, lol.

Never tried Texas BBQ. My husband and I are going to a clam bake this Saturday where I am sure they will have some sort of chicken BBQ. I am not really worried because I have done pretty good resisting sweets this week, so, I guess a BBQ should be ok.

Unfortunately, my TOM always comes on my birthday, usually the exact day, December 11, so I can sympathize for the birthday blahs. I hope you can still enjoy your pool party!

Holly
Old 06-12-2003, 09:29 PM   #118  
so close, yet so far...

Default Yup, that's right...

this must be the TOM thread . Sorry guys, but mine started on Monday...even though I wasn't around here maybe I was sending the vibes? Luckily it's almost over and done with. I'm only averaging 22 days in between from the start of one to the start of the next--what's up w/that??? Sucks big time.

Anyway, just got back from my nail appointment and I feel a little better. The salon I go to has a transsexual hair stylist. Today "she" had a client who was getting highlights put in--this client hasn't had "the operation" yet. It was a bit scary to look at, but quite amusing to listen to during the 1.5 hours I was there. It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round though huh?

Holly, my friend passed away a week ago Sunday. She was in Florida for a convention and choked on some food during dinner. I don't know the exact specifics but only know that when the paramedics came, they couldn't revive her. Very sudden and very sad.

Emily I'm sure your pictures will be beautiful. I know all about photo subjects not being in-sync with one another. Our entire immediate family 23+ took some pics at a local park a couple of months ago. Let's just say it took a while.

Angie, don't know exactly what "Texas" BBQ is (as the definition varies by region) but I'm sure if we had it here I'd eat it .
Old 06-13-2003, 07:16 AM   #119  

Morning Chicks,
Yesterday was so beautiful out and today they say it will only be in the 60's. RRRRRRRRR, and then we are due for rain yet again. I think Summer is missing Maine? I know we kinda missed Spring....

Food is okay still, few slips but nothing to hurt me I don't think. I am trying to be very very concious of all that I eat.

Your July 4th get a way sound fun Noelle hope you have a blast.

Don't know about the Texas BBQ Angie? Sounds yummy though, I love all BBQ stuff. We have a local resturaunt that does a BBQ sampler for 2, Hubby and I ordered it one day, and OMG it was so good. It had, BBQ~~pork, chix, beef and coleslaw and beans. That same rest. makes a great BBQ pork sandwich on this huge bulky roll, you can only eat like 1/2 or little more.

Angie: For an easy and excellent meal with BBQ, I sometimes take either pork, chix or beef throw it in the crockpot with a bottle of BBQ sauce (flavor/brand of your choice) and let it cook for like 1/2 the day or more and OMG it is so good and sooooooooo easy.

Hello to everyone, hope your day starts good,
Sandy

Last edited by peekabooangel; 06-13-2003 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:24 AM   #120  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning!!

Holly, The clam bake sounds fun. My moms best friend used to do a pool party and lobster/clam bake every summer. Those were so much fun.

Noelle, I am glad to see you back. I missed you. I'll bet your nail appointment was interesting. I am glad you are feeling better.

Sandy, The platter sounds yummy. I love the BBQ shows on tv. When they show the meat just falling apart My mouth waters. I might grab a BBQ chicken sandwich from there tonight for supper so I dont have to cook.

Well, I had better go do my books up for tonight so I dont fall behind. FUN!FUN!
Closed Thread