Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 03:36 PM   #136  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Geesh, I hope I am getting ready to have my period early or something. All I have done is eat lately and I have been so crabby today. If it isn't PMS than I must just be a *****.

Noelle, Sandy, Jen, Neesh,Holly....Where is everyone today?
Old 06-16-2003, 05:16 PM   #137  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Angry Monday Monday

Hey ladies. We had a fun Sunday yesterday. It started off w/a morning walk of 3.5 miles, then we went to the "Brunch on the Beach" @ 9:30 a.m. w/my family. It was also the b-day of one of our family friends so he and his wife were there too. I ate a Chinese dim sum plate (not such a great diet choice) and also had a little sushi. These events are a really great time to sample all the fine restaurants they have in Waikiki for just a minimal amount of $. We had the regular BBQ and as usual had an overabundance of food. I did buy a large salmon filet which I seasoned and had Rick cook on the grill. I ate some pork ribs too, I had to. My dad makes them w/this special marinade that I just love. Ate too much yesterday, but not as much as I normally would on a Sunday. And if you can believe this, I stayed totally OP on Saturday. That is a major accomplishment for me .

Angie, you haven't had your TOM yet? I must be way ahead of schedule then, because mine's over and done w/already. Hope you get back to "normal" soon because I know you're not just a ***** for **** of it (unlike me ) .

Kempy, sorry to hear you're feeling down lately. I can't imagine how it would be to lose a parent. I'm sending hugs and good thoughts your way. It must be especially difficult w/Joe gone a lot of the time too. I know that I'm dependent upon Rick too (to entertain me and keep my happy), but that's when I go and do stuff like catch a movie that I've been wanting to see by myself. Just go out do something you'd never think you'd do. You might be surprised at how much fun you can have w/out him. Hope you feel better soon.

Holly, I like your name. In fact I even thought about if I had a daughter who was going to be born around Xmas time than her name would be Holly. Try having a name like Noelle...all year 'round you get the "The First Noel" song sung to you off-key, and very loudly. How scary for you to have almost choked. I'm glad you had a more positive outcome than my girlfriend did. I always tell my son to chew his food well and swallow before putting more food into his mouth. I'm a little paranoid myself about that, even more so now that it happened to my friend.

Sandy, whoopie pies? !!! Ok, no more talk of whoopie pies on this thread today How's your Monday rolling along?

It's almost time for lunch here and I have to pick up my son. I'll check back later. Hope you gals have a great rest of the day.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:29 PM   #138  
Domestic Engineer

Hi everyone-
This is just a fly-by post- busy busy, but wanted to check in. Not having a great day. Well, it's not too bad (meaning could be lots worse) , but I have had licorce and a candy bar...no more treats today!!

Had a nice Father's Day...I made DH a pecan pie since it's a favorite of his and knew I wouldn't be tempted. Good choice for me when I really wanted the lime cheesecake :yum:

Older boys are at a friends and I need to get some work done while they're gone so I'll check back in tonight! BYE
Old 06-16-2003, 05:49 PM   #139  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Noelle, How long does school go there? My kids got out for the summer last Tuesday. I am glad to hear that you had a good weekend. I already broke my promise to be good for 2 days. Nachos and a piece of garlic bread and 3 bites of cookie. Darn!! I did cut my spaghetti back at supper and added cauliflower to fill me up but I doubt it will help.

YUM!!! Pecan pie sounds so good! I would love to try it. I have never had any. I like Pecan stickt buns and pecan mudslides though. Of course I have never had lime cheesecake either.

I am glad everyone had a great weekend. Kempy, I am here if you need to talk. Is Joe gonna be gone long? I am so dependent on Jay and vice versa. We always say that if one of us passes on the other would die of loneliness soon after.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:01 PM   #140  
so close, yet so far...

Good afternoon ladies. I have an empty 4 liter wine jug that I use as a bank to collect all my pocket change. The bottle finally got full so I had my 9 and 14 y.o. nieces do some coin wrapping for me this morning. After lunch I had to lug all the coins to the bank in a rubbermaid storage container which was loaded onto a folding luggage cart--it was SO heavy! I had a total of $801.50 in coins--imagine that! The total was actually 2 jars full worth. I guess that was my weight lifting workout for today .

Angie, my son's school normally runs from 8/1 through 5/30, but they have a summer program from 6/1 through 7/25--so it's pretty much year-round. Regular public schools in my district are on the 9 mos. on/3 mos. off schedule--other districts are on year-round or trimester scheduling. Everywhere is different which is pretty lame. We have summer programs at the district parks run by the City and County though to keep kids out of trouble.
Having trouble w/the snacky snacky? I'm afraid I can't help you. I ate some brownies after eating my subway sandwich...I'm going for my regular walk though. Mondays are always make it or break it for me.

Hi Em . Glad you had a good weekend and thanks for popping in. How're the little ones? Did you say cheesecake??? I heard someone mention cheesecake I feel my hips expanding already
Old 06-17-2003, 11:27 AM   #141  

Hey guys!

I dried my pants and that is the story I am sticking too. I don't get it really! I am trying to be good and everything is just geting tighter. If I could take it I would put myself on a liquid diet but I know just what would happen, I would freak out and eat everything I could get my hands on. Then where would I be.

I got sad news yesterday (wrote about it in my journal, so I am not going to write it again it is just to hard) a member killed herself.

I did 40 minutes of cardio yesterday. 30 mins on the treadmill and 10 on the stairmaster. I feel like I did ok but the pants are telling me otherwise. I am not going to give up though. It is making me ill though knowing that I am trying and getting bigger. I am hoping that it is just the muscle pushing out the fat and then it will all of a sudden kick in and I will drop like a pant size. Does that really happen or is that only in my fantasy world?

How is everyone doing today? I really need you guys here today so I can keep my mind off of my friend so please pop in frequently.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:30 AM   #142  

Noelle,

At least someone likes my name, lol. I too had a horrible time growing up, but it was "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas..., and I was overweight to boot !

That is an impressive amount of change!! That's a weight I wouldn't mind lifting, especially after cashing it in!!

Angie,

OK, pecan pie, nachos, cookies, making me hungry, and sounds waaayy too yummy! I am so frustrated! I have been doing fairly well food and exercise wise, but, now I have a nasty cold, and am unable to exercise, another set back. Poo! It's no wonder I can't keep the will power to lose any weight. I try to eat healthy and exercise, and I get sick! I haven't been sick since December 02.

Where is everyone?? Out enjoying the sun, I hope, unlike myself, stuck at work in an office.

Holly
Old 06-17-2003, 11:32 AM   #143  

Kempy,

I am sorry to hear about your friend. How sad.

I know what you mean about doing all the right things, and still, your pants getting tighter! Mine are doing the same! It stinks. I have not eaten one bite of my usual junk food in 9 days, and feel like I am getting bigger, not thinner .

Holly
Old 06-17-2003, 11:34 AM   #144  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey, Kempy I just read your journal. I have known so many of the kids I grew up with that have committed suicide. I am sorry for your loss.

I hesr you on the weight gain. I ate everything in sight yesterday while telling myself not to do it. WHY? I was so mad at myself when I finally had eaten enough. I literally went from cupboard to fridge to freezer eating. I have no idea why I would sabotage myself like that. Maybe I will start early. That would make me so happy to have some sort of an explanation but I doubt it will happen. I am not due until the 28.

Great job on all the exercise yesterday. You are doing great!

It is actually warm and sunny out today. I am trying to think of something to do for Jays birthday tomorrow but I have no ideas. I told him straight out that I want a weightbench for my birthday. Di has had fantastic results with weights and I would like to try it. I said to just get a cheap Weider bench so I have my butterfly and legs. I have no room for one but I can move my treadmill into the closet since I never use it since I got my ellpitcal.

How is everyones day so far? Has Jen come back from vacation yet?
Old 06-17-2003, 11:37 AM   #145  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey Holly we posted at the same time. I would love to save that much change too. It is hard when the kids are forever grabbing it though. I usually only get sick in the summer too. Usually the first really nice week. It sucks! I hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:51 AM   #146  

Holly I usually get sick when I start to wokr out again. I think it has to do with us changing our immune system while we start to change our bodies. I am not certain why it is like that but I know that is happens to me and it happend to my sister too.

Angie aren't hubbies hard to buy for? Joe always wnats something expseive. I want to get it for him but it never fails I can't so I end up getting him something stupid. I am no good at buying him stuff.

My MIL e-mailed me yesterday and siad that she sent something UPS and it will be here Friday but I have to put it aside until she gets here. She has no idea how mush that is going to kill me. I love to open stuff, I don't care what it is I have to open it first. So I am going to have this box sitting in me house looking at me for 2 weeks!!!!! Even if I put it in th other room, you know it will be calling for me. It might as well be a bag of cookies in that box.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:41 PM   #147  
Domestic Engineer

Hello!
Kempy- I am so sorry about your friend!! That is so hard. I had several people in high school I knew commit suicide- it's such a hard thing to understand. Ooh, a tempting box to open! Hmmm, maybe you can maneuver a way to open it and re-tape it up and she won't be the wiser

Noelle- so what are you going to do with all that change!! That's almost a $1000! Cool! I always think I'm going to save change (and here in Canada with $1 and $2 coins it adds up fast!) But I can always find something to do with it...

Angie- no birthday ideas here... maybe get him a weight bench

Holly- hope you are enjoying your day

I'm having a terrible time today. It's 11:35 and all I've had are the new peanut butter and choc.cream oreos and diet coke! My tummy's going to be hating me later!
I'll try to get back later, but if I don't I won't be around tomorrow. It's my oldests birthday and we are going to the zoo! (And shopping, but don't tell him!)
later!!
Old 06-17-2003, 03:56 PM   #148  
so close, yet so far...

Thumbs down Hey Chickies

((((Kempy)))) Sorry to hear about the loss of one of your members/friends. Who knows what goes on in the minds of people who decide to take their own lives? What's pretty frustrating and scary too is that a lot of them put on a brave and happy front, while all the pain is just eating away at them inside.

Angie, i like Emily's idea...buy the bench for his b-day present--then you can both use it . Very sneaky . Or how 'bout something for the truck? Boys and their toys

Emily, oreos and diet coke--the breakfast of champions! Hey, have a great day tomorrow at the zoo. Best wishes to the b-day boy.

Holly--good job on resisting the junk food for 9 days, that's great. You know, I was so good about not eating junk food in the office while at work. It was easy since there were always other people around. But once I got home, nothing was safe! I'm working on not "sneak" eating... it's hard since I've been doing it for so long. I actually tell my husband to stick around upstairs after dinner so I can't snack. Isn't that sad?

Sandy how are you doing today?

Jen wherever you are hope you're having a great time.

The only plans I had for the spare change I saved were to put it away in my son's account, which is exactly what I did...the next jar however, will be a trip fund. A trip to where? I don't know, but averaging $400 a jar-full is a good start to getting somewhere. Maybe "Disneyland fund" ?
Old 06-17-2003, 07:28 PM   #149  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Ha speaking of sneak opening gifts... It made me remember a time when I was like 10 and me and my sister opened every present under the tree and then ran out of tape when we were retaping them so we used that yellow tape for painting. My mom went to unplug the tree one night and saw it. Our only excuse was well maybe someone broke in. we were so stupid!!! We got the belt too. The only time in our life we ever had been spanked with a belt but he didnt do it that night no my dad waited a month. He set a date that night so we could think about what we did for a month. He was evil I tell you(just kiddin) We were such bad little kids.

Noelle, can you take me to Disneyland? I think I am a sneak eater too. Does it count if you sneak eat and then confess to make yourself feel better about it. That is what I did yesterday.

Emily, I hope you guys have fun at the zoo tomorrow. We dont have any zoos near my house. Jay's birthday is tomorrow too.

The weight bench idea is great. But I am sure neither of us will use it for any length of time. We never do but I like to have the option.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:08 PM   #150  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Hello ladies! I am Summer. Noelle invited me to join you all. I was looking for a very active and supportive thread, and it looks like I found one. Thanks for your help Noelle! My all time high weight was 250, postpartum. After having my gallbladder removed, I lost weight and dropped to 215. Over time, and a very stressful new job, teaching in the inner city, I gained back some of the weight, and started this latest journey in January at 232. I am currently 219. It took me six months to get here, because apparently I wasn't serious. Now that summer, my favorite season, is upon us, I've gotten serious. I hope that I can be of some support to all of you. I am a married mom of one 5 year old daughter. I teach pre-k in a large city. I can't wait for school to be over. I just want to lay on the beach and read trashy novels. AAAHHHH.......Summer
Closed Thread