Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 08:11 PM   #226  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Is everyone on vacation this week?

Kempy, Did you guys get the bad weather I heard about on the news? I hope everyone is safe and sound.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:21 PM   #227  
Mommy, wife, teacher

Hi Angie, sorry to abandon you. Yesterday, we went out looking for a new kiddie pool which is a compromise between the typical wading pool for toddlers and a full-size above-ground pool. The party we went to on Saturday had a 13 foot diameter pool that was 30 inches deep...perfect for young children learning how to swim, and it is big enough for adults to cool off in too. Anyway, because of the heat wave in the Northeast, everywhere we went they were sold out. (I like to call ahead to find out if items are in stock, but my husband as a "hunter/gatherer" needs to drive all over God's green earth in search of the perfect pool!) We wasted most of the day, stopping off at TGIFridays for lunch in the middle of the search. After we got home, I called a toy store, and found one. We could have saved hours of driving. Oh well. We were busy with that all day.

Saturday's party was great. I started drinking on an empty stomach so I was plastered early on. I was the only one drunk, so I had to struggle to act sober. It was so funny. I'm lucky that my husband only drinks a little, so I can count on him to be the "sober" one for driving, and watching my daughter. Someone has got to be the responsible one, usually it is me, except for parties.

Sandy, I didn't get a hangover. I don't mix my alcohol, and supposedly Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila doesn't give hangovers. I'm worse off having a glass of wine than I am getting hammered on margaritas!!!

Take care everyone...Just so you all know, I'm going to Cape Cod during the last two weeks of July, so I will be MIA soon. Summer
Old 07-01-2003, 06:18 AM   #228  

I am back. I went sooo off plan . I weighed in this morning, biggg mistake. The scale read 157!! Blah. I ate that bowl of ioce cream about 1/2 hour before bed, could that be a culprit? Ok, so now I have to get back ON plan. I have been exercising, but, eating like a pig .

I want to reach at least 140 by September 27, the day my best friend is renewing her wedding vows (I am the maid of honor). That gives me 12 weeks and 4 days to lose 17 pounds. My best friend's family are rich Italians. She has never wanted for anything. So, last September her and her now husband decide to get married and not tell anyone! Then, she finds out 5 months later that she is 5 months pregnant!! Kind of a crazy situation. She had a hard time telling her parents she was already married, and, they weren't too pleased. Anyway, she has since decided that she wants a "real" wedding. So, September 27th it is.

I have to admit, I am very discouraged. I am tired of being fat, but have a hard time keeping the will power. I have other medical problems, so I often find myself asking if it is worth it. Some days the answer is maybe, others it is no. With three children (4 if I include my husband), and working 35 hours a week outside of housework, cooking, etc., exercise and diet seem impossible to work on.

Holly
Old 07-01-2003, 06:31 AM   #229  

Angie,
Sorry I didn't make it back to the thread yesterday. I was just on the go it seemed from morning till 11 last night. Then I just fell in the bed and was out in a matter of seconds I think?

Summer: Humm.....maybe I will have to try margaritas on this next girls weekend, cause I really like wine, but my gosh I had a hangover on that Saturday.....when you drink a whole huge bottle by yourself with jello shots....well you tend to have a little bit of a upset system the next day.

Kempy: Gosh, I hope all is okay where your house is. The weather looks awful. My prayers are with you....and....

"HAPPY 29TH BIRTHDAY"

Noelle: Where are you?????Busy I know....

Holly: You will get there, I have faith in you. A fancy rich italian wedding, that will be fun...

Hugs to all,
Sandy
Old 07-01-2003, 12:21 PM   #230  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGIE and KEMPY

Just had to pop in today and give best wishes to the birthday gals.

I'm stressing out at work and I think I need to fire somebody... argggghhhh! And I couldn't get to the website since it was down or my server was down, and, and, and... anyway, I gotta get ready for work, I'll be back later, I promise.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 07-01-2003, 02:15 PM   #231  

Okay official dumb blonde here!!!! I forgot to put Angies b-day greeting in....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGIE

Please forgive me....
Old 07-01-2003, 02:59 PM   #232  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey Sandy, I didn't mean to make you feel blonde...I just checked the first page of the forums and they list all the b-days at the bottom--so that's how I remembered .
Old 07-01-2003, 04:35 PM   #233  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Talking FINALLY!!!

I tried all morning to get on here and I couldnt. I hate when that happens. Thanks for the Birthday Wishes. How numb am I but I woke up this morning and went for my walk for an hour and got home and had Brit give me a picture that she drew for my birthday and then it finally dawned on me that it was my birthday.

Summer, Have fun with your new pool. I love mine even if I only get to use it for a couple of months out of the year. I do get sad in the fall when we have to close it and I have to look at a big gray tarp all winter though. I am glad to hear that you had fun at your party. I need a good drunk. I havent been out drinking for about 8 years.

Holly, Lets start over together, okay? I hate it when I lose my drive especailly since getting back on track is so hard to do but we can do this. Do you have any exercise equipment in your house?

Sandy, Margaritas are so good! I drink those everytime we go out to Weathervane to eat and sometimes Jay gets on a kick and I will make a few at home. The only thing that I have ever been able to drink and not get a hangover from is the Jack Daniels Down Home Punch. They are so good and so addictive.

Kempy, Where are ya girl? I hope you guys are okay. The weather sounded pretty bad. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Old 07-01-2003, 04:55 PM   #234  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I started a new thread for us!!
Closed Thread