Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2003, 08:29 AM   #91  

Hey Angie, I've been to that Indian Hill Trading post, when hubby and I went up to Greenville for an anniversary get a way. We did a lot o the shops in Greenville too. And we went on that boat ride.....the big boat katahdin.....NEVER AGAIN. I was so bored and you are on it for 3 hours. We also went on a little charter boat out in the bogs and preserve and stuff looking for Moose but never saw one. OH well. Today the weather man said it was gonna be warm? Not yet? well, acutally the thermometer says 69 but the wind is blowing and he said it would not be? Weather men never seem to get it right lately?

Tuesday is now my offical Weigh in day, and the verdict is, I have lost 4.5 lbs this week, that will give my *** the push it needs to keep me in line for a while and keep me riding on the wagon seat.

Kempy: Tell us more about the movie?

Noelle: Where are you?

Emily: Good job on your goals.

Jen: Hi there.

Talk to you all later,
Sandy
Old 06-10-2003, 10:40 AM   #92  

Good Tuesday Morning to you all!

Angie I have never heard of that trading post place, it must only be up north.

Neesh how did the move go?

Noelle are you deserting us for the 10 days your cousin is in?

Emily how is it going today? What are your goals for today?

I have no idea what is really going on with the movie. I brought my camera to work today so that Ican take some pictures. I told my in-laws about it and we are going to go to dinner tomorrow night and then take a walk down town to see it all. I am hoping that we see Jamie Foxx. That would be pretty cool!

I am doing ok today just a little bloated. It is TOM right now and my ring is killing me. I usually don't bloat this bad but this is a real pain in my butt.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:02 AM   #93  
Domestic Engineer

Good morning all
I've already had a big glass of water this morning instead of reaching for a can of diet coke first thing and other goals will be the same...no fast food and a walk, even if it's just 15 minutes.
Funny thing...this morning DH was all, "I went for a jog this morning!" I didn't even hear him get up. So he says to me "you are motivating me! You aren't going to be the only skinny minnie in this house" I told him it would probably take me 2 years to get "skinny" and by then we'll probably want another baby...But I'm glad I'm motivating him!

Angie- I love chinese (and mexican!!) and the fatty foods too...guess it's all about enoying things in moderation.

Sandy- awesome loss this week!

Kempy- the movie set sounds pretty cool-- hope you get to run into some staaars.
Hi to everyone else!

DH is taking today off (my b-day is tomorrow and he can't tomorrow) so hopefully we can lose the kids and do something fun

Later!
Old 06-10-2003, 11:22 AM   #94  

Well Happy Early Birthday!!! I hope you guys have a great day!

It kills me when I motivate my hubby. He can just think about working out and lose weight. I on the other hand gain I think. It is like my body so. "i don't think so lady, I am going to hang on to this stuff just in case you need it later." Like I will ever need to extra layer of fat. I live in Louisiana for crying out loud. I don't need it to keep me warm.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:51 AM   #95  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Happy Birthday Emily!! I hope you have a great day.

Kempy, the movie sounds fun. Will you post pics for us?

Sandy, Greenville is so boring that I cant stand it. I wonder why so many people go up there for vacation. I would cry if I rolled into town for a week and that is what I saw. Usually there are moose everyday in the bog by the D.O.T. garage on the road up there.

I planted my flower box out back today. Now to go get mulch for it. I put in spirea,hostas,Blanket flower,daylillies and a Rodedendron(sp) plus lots of flowering plants. Gotta get the yard prettied up for the party.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:11 PM   #96  

Hi everyone!! I have only posted a few times here, mostly for lack of motivation and will power. I am 26, married, mother of three small children (3, almost 2 and 6 1/2), and work almost full time.

I was 180 in August of 2001 (day I delivered my youngest), and am now stuck at 155. I was 143 before having children (due to the freshman in college gain of 10 pounds). My biggest challenge is junk food, sweets mainly. I have great difficulty going 1 day without some sort of chocolate, sweet, etc. However, today is day 2 without any sort of junk food. I have been trying to eat well, breakfeast of oatmeal and a banana, luch of yogurt and a cereal bar, and dinner last night was spaghetti and meatballs. One snack of a triscuit with cheese and 1 graham cracker with peanut butter, another of a Nutri Grain cereal bar. I have a hard time controlling what I eat. I suffered from bulimia from the age of 13 to almost 24, so dieting and eating healthy is a life change I am trying to accomplish.

My husband is another challenge for me!! He is 6'2 and weighs 230, so he thinks I am skinny, ha. He has bad habits of eating butter popcorn or chips late at night before bed, and always offers some to me. He is also hungry all of the time, lives to eat, rather than eating to live.

Sorry to ramble so. Hope you are all doing well.

Holly
Old 06-10-2003, 12:28 PM   #97  

Hi Holly I am glad that you joined us. I really love it here and we are always welcome to new people joining.

I don't have any kids but I think most of the other girls here do so they may be able to help you in that department.

I do have a husband though so I know it can be tough when you are trying to make a change and they aren't in it with you. It didn't sound like you past few meals were all that bad. I have learned that I have to take it one day at a time just to get by. Angie and I have been eating Blue Bunny FF Ice cream or yougurt and I found that it has really helped me with my sweet tooth. I have a major one by the way. If I could survive, I would live off of candy.

Feel free to chime on in whenever you feel like it. As you can see we talk about everything. We have become a group of good friends!
Old 06-11-2003, 08:21 AM   #98  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Holly! Junk food and sweets are a biggie here too. I love anything with chocolate and peanut butter.

Kempy, I would live off candy and junk food too. I know when I am off my diet I usually eat cookies or cakes for breakfast and snack on junk the rest of the day. That is so hard to break.

I got up early and walked Rebel by myself this morning. I was supposed to get up at 6:30 but Jay didnt set the alarm when he got back from delivering. I figured I had better get into the habit of doing it early before all the kids wake up and go play outside. I hate summer vacation.

I found some over the hill gifts for dad yesterday. One was a Dust cover: Designed to keep your weiner cleaner(due to lack of use) haha When I go to Bangor this weekend I am going to the party supply store to get some more stuff.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:36 AM   #99  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

SANDY, GREAT WEIGHTLOSS THIS WEEK!!!! I have no idea how I managed to write that in in my entries!!! I dont want you to think I didnt notice how great you are doing! WOOHOO!!!!!
Old 06-11-2003, 10:25 AM   #100  

Good morning all! It is a wonderfully rainy day here in the south. It actually looks like it is about 8:30 at night. I wonder if I could convince the boss tha it is so I can go home.

I was almost bad yesterday after work. Joe was out of town and I felt the old compulisive eater in me trying to break free. It was terrible. I was trying to tell myself that I neede to eat Wendy's since he wasn't home and since there was nothing to eat in the house. I drove myself homw and I wouldn't let myself leave. I was able to pull some leftovers together to have a nice dinner and I am sure that it was much better than eating Wendy's. I know there are good things there but once I got there I knew I would have ordered a burger and fries and that wouldn't have been good.

A couple of the people that are working on the movie came in to workout this morning since they really can't do much right now with the rain. They are going to start filming at 11 so I am there. I found out that one of the actors is the guys form Nerds, Booger. I told tham that I want to meet him so maybe they will send him over. They said that even though it is raining they have to do a scene later on where they make it rain. That will be something to see.

How is everything in your parts of the world?
Old 06-11-2003, 11:31 AM   #101  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I like Booger!! That is so neat. I hope he comes in to meet ya. Maybe Jamie Foxx will come in and workout. YEAH!

Congrats on resisting Wendys. I stuck with one cone last night too. It seems like the more I think about wanting to look good for the party this weekend the more I want to over eat. It is sad that I would screw myself up.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:46 AM   #102  

I think some of it comes from TOM too. I havn't started yet but I am expecting it today or tomorrow. That never helps when I am trying to eat good. (as we all know).
Old 06-11-2003, 01:13 PM   #103  

Thanks for the welcome! I have resisted junk for three days now. It is really hard! It is almost my TOM as well, so chocolate and peanutbutter are my best friends, lol. I did have 1/2 cup of strawberry pudding last night, but, made it with 1 % milk, so almost no fat.

Angie,

What a GREAT weight loss! I should be ashamed of myself that I cannot keep the will power to lose 25 pounds .

Last night my husband brought home chocolate filled chocolate chip pastries, but, surprisingly, I resisted the temptation. Well, I have to admit to one bite, but, then gave the rest to my oldest son.

I have difficulty exercising because of bad knees. But, recently I have been trying to walk in my living room while watching my taped episodes of Y&R. That gives me about a 35 to 40 minute walk.

I am trying to keep telling myself I can do this, and it WILL be worth it!

Holly
Old 06-11-2003, 03:11 PM   #104  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Holly, You can do this and it will be worth it!!

I order a chocolate chip filled croissant pastry to sell to my accounts. I wonder if it is the same thing? If it is then you did great by only taking one bite. I do that to my kids when I make them for them too.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:04 PM   #105  

Thanks Angie for the congrats.

The dust cover sounds like a really funny gag gift. Hope he has a good sence of humor.

Kempy: Good job on risisting Wendy's. The other day Alexis insisted we go to McDonalds, so finally I broke down, but I told her we had to go through the drive through so I could just order hers and go home and have my salad or a sandwich. Small Victories seem to add up over time. Last month when I was in my funk, I stopped at McDonalds and had a 1/4 pounder with cheese and fries and OMG it really wasnt that good, but I still ate it of course.

Emily: Happy Birthday to you, hope you enjoyed your day.

Holly: Way to go on the Strawberry pudding. You will get there!! Angie is an awesome inspiration isnt she. She is where I want to be someday.

Well girls, we have kindergarten family night again tonight so I gotta scoot on out and get the kids fed and all that happy stuff.

Chow for now,
Sandy

PS) Noelle??????? come back.
Closed Thread