Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 02:57 PM   #166  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Well gals, I was a lazy butt yesterday. I got off from work early and went to the store to specifically buy cookies! I bought those Pepperidge Farm Nantucket chocolate chunk ones--and guess what, they're gone. OINK!!! Well, I did share with my son and my 2 nephews that were there, but I know I ate quite a few myself. And I didn't even go walking yesterday. I am so losing my mojo. I think my body has reached a setpoint weight again--call it a plateau or whatever, but I guess it's a plateau only if you're still trying to lose and it's not happening. I have been going and staying off track more often than not these days. The walkings been great (aside from yesterday)--and get this! I went and measured my longer walking route--the one I thought was 4+ miles? It's my regular route + a detour around one side of the golf course...it came out to 5.2 miles! Wow! I was a bit floored. Of course I only do that route on weekends...

Anyhoo, I have to drop my parents off at the airport this morning for their 2 week trip to San Diego and then Sacramento, CA. So I will now officially be the chief cook and bottle washer .

Angie it was Jay's b-day, it's not like you eat cake and ice cream or other kinds of junk food everyday---like me . Speakers for the Durango are a good gift, did you get the whole setup like amp and everything? or do you guys already have those? I'd like to get some new ones for my car since I only have the stock ones. And hey, nothing freakish about walking all over the town--I do it all the time!

Sandy, yup methinks we were thinking the same thing

Kempy is the yardsale this weekend? I wish I could have the patience and inclination to do that at my house. I'm too lazy and just give everything away to the Salvation Army or Goodwill--or even have some other charity come to my house to pick it up.

Well, Summer, Emily, Holly and Jen...and even Chris if you're lurking, have a great day. I'll check back later.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:22 PM   #167  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Well Noelle, Now that you mention it, He DOES like to get up early and deliver. (sometimes) I guess we have been married too long for sex every night. Sad huh?

Somebody help me, the kids are all outside with friends swimming oh so loudly. I can not stand the sound of screaming kids. Well, it is mostly Corey, I think he is showing off for the little girl that is here. Kempy, when you are ready for kids I have a couple I'll send ya. hehe

Noelle, You sound like me right now. I so want to eat and eat. I had some of Jays cake after lunch and he is going to buy some Lloyd's ribs this weekend to cook outside and of course I want Chinese,etc. I think it is just because there are so many birthdays though. Kinda like Christmas for me. At least I hope that is all it is plus my period is due next weekend. Yeah that is it...I wouldnt be numb enough to let myself gain the weight back..... Again would I? Gosh I hope not.

We need to declare July the official get back on track month.
Old 06-19-2003, 08:47 PM   #168  

Angie: I thin it's a marriage thing? I don't know...hubby and I been married for almost 14 years and we deff. don't do it like we used to.....but now we say it's the quality versus the quantity...LOL, that's my story. And for some reason we have become morning people?

Noelle: I think you and I are on the same wave lengths...hahaha, dirty little minds. Oh well, keeps us busy.

Kempy: hope it cooled down a bit for you? We are supposed to get some summer weather next week said the weather guy? But, I'm getting ready to bonk that man on top of his balding little head. He can't seem to get the report right lately.

Hello to everyone out there.....talk to you all soon.
Sandy
Old 06-19-2003, 11:21 PM   #169  
Domestic Engineer

Hello everyone!

What an exhausting couple days!! We had a great day yesterday: zoo, shopping, Olive Garden, more shopping...I would have been interested in knowing how far I walked! My feet are still hurting tonight (I've been running around today too!)
Today we had a little friends party for my son. Hotdogs, doritos and cake and ice-cream. I'm feeling so gross. I've been living on junk all week for no reason. Do I want to do this or don't I?!?!?!?!Sometimes I get so frustrated with myself.

Anyway, sorry for no personal replies, but I am so tired I can't think strait and have to keep blinking to keep my eyes from burning. I need to start taking care of myself better! (which I will starting now...)
Tomorrow night I have a "girlfriends dinner"- a group of us get together monthly and have a dinner- the host does the main dish and the rest of us sides and dessert. The devil I am volunteered to do dessert just because I want some cheesecake!! But just a piece (or 2) and then I am DONE DONE DONE with junk. The dinner will be pretty healthy- shish-ka-bobs with steak, chicken and veggies. Everyone else is doing summer salads so there should be some good choices.

well, I'm getting to bed. c'ya'll in the morning!
Emily
Old 06-20-2003, 08:58 AM   #170  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Emily, Dont feel bad. I fell off the wagon too. I have been eating junk all week and as of this morning I am back up to 141. I am going to eat what I want this weekend so that I can get that grossed out feeling and then I need to be good on Monday-Friday and then it is time for the last birthday party and dinner at Weathervane for the kids. Then I have NO excuses and I have to get my *** in gear and at least hit my goal weight. WE WILL DO IT!!!!

Sandy, I am so there on the quality versus quantity thing. We used to do it every day when we were younger but I wasnt always Ahem.... done when he was ,Now he makes sure I am done EVERY time. Definately better!!!!

I got in about 6 1/2 miles yesterday. Today I will probably only do the 3 because I need to go shopping tonight.

Oh yeah Funny story!!! My girls are invited to a sleep over tonight so I called to talk to the mom and told her that I had to finish the twins birthday shopping tomorrow so did she want me to pick them up before I leave or would they be alright there for the day. She strated talking about when the twins were born so I was sitting there trying to figure out who she was so I went to my closet and grabbed the kids birth announcements.....The kids mom is Jay's ex girlfriend from when he was like 15. I laughed so hard. I told Jay so how do you feel about your ex girlfriend babysitting your kids while we go out? hahahahaha
Old 06-20-2003, 11:06 AM   #171  

Still not feeling great, but slowly getting there. I have still be unable to exercise . But, I haven't been very hungry either. I stepped on the scales this morning, just to see if there was any change (doubted it cause I hadn't exercised in a week), and it read between 152 and 153, so I will say 152.5. WOO HOO!! I finally broke 155. I still haven't eaten any junk food, it has been 12 days now!! It is getting difficult though. My husband made a homemade vanilla ice cream shake and those yummy mint oreos last night, and asked if I wanted some. I HAD to say no!! Really, I was thinking, yes, but it had to be mind over matter. I am not really excited about the 152.5 yet cause I was down to 149 last year, and went back up to 158 this year. But, so long as I can stay away from the sweets I should be ok. Although I have decided that when I hit 145 I ABSOLUTELY NEED a really yummy sweet treat, not any fat free stuff either, lol. So, 7.5 more pounds to go and I get a treat, hehe. Ho hum, seems like forever.

Angie,

Don't get too discouraged! You have come a long way. I would LOVE to be at 141 right now. That is hysterical that one of your husband's ex-girlfriends watched your children. What a hoot!

Noelle,

I feel like such a lazy butt myself cause I haven't exercised in a week due to being ill! I hate the jiggles

Kempy, Summer, Sandy, Emily...hope I didn't miss anyone...I hope you are having a good day, and the weather is better than here (rain, rain, rain).

Holly
Old 06-20-2003, 11:34 AM   #172  

Holly you and I seem to be at the same weight right now. I want to be to 148 but I can't seem to get past 150. Right now I am at 155 at I am dying!

Sandy it wont get any cooler here until October so I guess I will be an inside person for awhile.

I will be eating junk tonight too. We are going to my sisters for my nephews b-day and all she is having is chips, dips and cake. What a healthy dinner!

Noelle you guys kill me with your dirty mind. Don't get me wrong I have one too but sometimes I forget about how things can be taken.

Sorry if I missed someone. I have to run to the bank so I will be back later.
Old 06-20-2003, 03:34 PM   #173  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I'm at work and get this! I'm actually working! I'm going to be doing half days until my folks get back so I have to keep busy in the mornings since I'll have the afternoons off. I'll check back later on when I've got more time. Have a great day!

Hehe, with all this "dirty" talk going on, I hope we haven't scared Summer away...yoohoo, Summer, we're just kidding around here... come back
Old 06-20-2003, 06:31 PM   #174  

I could probably find this out if I looked back far enough, but I decided to ask instead:

How tall are we/you??

I am kinda short 5' 5 1/2...so 153 really sits on me

How long have you struggled with your weight??

All of my life. I weighed 189 at age 13. Had a severe eating disorder from age 13 to 23, and lowest weight was an unhealthy 119. Thank god I have been recovered for almost 3 years now! Just battling the sweets and junk food now.

Are your parents overweight?

My mom is overweight, and so was my dad. So, I guess I have the fat genes, but, I am determined not to be fat anymore.

Why do you want to lose weight?

I know appearance is a reason, but, will it really make me feel better about myself, or, will I always be trying to "fix" something? I think I need to find a way to be happy (anxiety/depression/anger issues have always loomed over me), even at my current weight, and realize that losing weight will not fix everything, but, may enable me to feel better physically.

I thought maybe this would help us to know more about each other's feelings, while also thinking about what we are really trying to achieve.

Holly
Old 06-20-2003, 06:59 PM   #175  

This is a funny one..... My new name is Boobie Bubble Buns, lol

We all have our names. Now, it's your turn to get yours. Good luck!
>
>
>
Have a Great Day!!
Children laugh 146 times a day, adults laugh only 4
times a day...no wonder we're so unhappy... What's your new
name?
Sometimes when you have a stressful day or week,
you need some silliness to break up the day. Here is
your dose... Follow the instructions to find your new
> name.

The following in an excerpt from a children's book,
> "Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor
> Poopypants" by Dave Pilkey. The evil Professor forces everyone to
> assume new names...
Use the third letter of your first name to
> > > > > determine your new first name:
> > > > > a = poopsie
> > > > > b = lumpy
> > > > > c = buttercup
> > > > > d = gidget
> > > > > e = crusty
> > > > > f = greasy
> > > > > g = fluffy
> > > > > h = cheeseball
> > > > > i = chim-chim
> > > > > j = stinky
> > > > > k = flunky
> > > > > l = boobie
> > > > > m = pinky
> > > > > n = zippy
> > > > > o = goober
> > > > > p = doofus
> > > > > q = slimy
> > > > > r = loopy
> > > > > s = snotty
> > > > > t = tulefel
> > > > > u = dorkey
> > > > > v = squeezit
> > > > > w = oprah
> > > > > x = skipper
> > > > > y = dinky
> > > > > z = zsa-zsa
> > > > >
> > > > > Use the second letter of your last name to
> > > > > determine the first half of your new last name:
> > > > >
> > > > > a = apple
> > > > > b = toilet
> > > > > c = giggle
> > > > > d = burger
> > > > > e = girdle
> > > > > f = barf
> > > > > g = lizard
> > > > > h = waffle
> > > > > i = cootie
> > > > > j = monkey
> > > > > k = potty
> > > > > l = liver
> > > > > m = banana
> > > > > n = rhino
> > > > > o = bubble
> > > > > p = hamster
> > > > > q = toad
> > > > > r = gizzard
> > > > > s = pizza
> > > > > t = gerbil
> > > > > u = chicken
> > > > > v = pickle
> > > > > w = chuckle
> > > > > x = tofu
> > > > > y = gorilla
> > > > > z = stinker
> > > > >
> > > > > Use the fourth letter of your last name to
> > > > > determine the second half of your new last name:
> > > > > a = head
> > > > > b = mouth
> > > > > c = face
> > > > > d = nose
> > > > > e = tush
> > > > > f = breath
> > > > > g = pants
> > > > > h = shorts
> > > > > i = lips
> > > > > j = honker
> > > > > k = butt
> > > > > l = brain
> > > > > m = tushie
> > > > > n = chunks
> > > > > o = hiney
> > > > > p = biscuits
> > > > > q = toes
> > > > > r = buns
> > > > > s = fanny
> > > > > t = sniffer
> > > > > u = sprinkles
> > > > > v = kisser
> > > > > w = squirt
> > > > > x = humperdinck
> > > > > y = brains
> > > > > z = juice
> > > > >

Just a little humor...

Holly

Last edited by chikitababe; 06-20-2003 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:20 PM   #176  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Mine is Fluffy Hamster Face.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:25 PM   #177  

Angie,

It's sooo funny!! My husband even cracked up. Here's our family: Boobie Bubble Buns (me and Caleb), Crusty Bubble Buns (my husband), and the cutest, my daughter who is almost 2, Dinky Bubble Buns, lol!!

Holly
Old 06-20-2003, 09:26 PM   #178  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I am 5' 2" tall. My weight is really noticeable.

My weight has been an issue since I met my husband at 16. I weighed 128 pounds then and his parents have a bakery so I weighed over 180 by the time I graduated high school.

My mom can be over weight but she hasnt been for a really long time. My dad has a soda belly but that is about it. I know I have a fat gene probably from my graqndmother. me and my sis are both big.

I want to lose weight for my health. I dont want diabetes(my grandmother had it) and it doesnt hurt to look good either.

I feel like a hypocrit writing all this as I am eating chinese food but as I said Sunday I am back on track until the birthday party and then there are no excuses I am getting the rest of this weight off.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 06-20-2003, 09:27 PM   #179  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Oh my god, I almost spit my food out at the Crusty Bubble Buns one. Good ones. I'll have to do the kids. hehe
Old 06-20-2003, 09:35 PM   #180  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Alicia and Brit are Chim-chim hamster face and Corey and Daddy are Loopy Hamster face
Closed Thread