Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 10:05 PM   #46  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Sure! Welcome NeeshK, so glad you could join us. First off, a big congratulations on your pounds lost so far--looks very good! Are you following any specific "plan" ? or just winging it (like me) ? I just try to do low-fat and low-cal. I try not to restrict any particular food groups since that's not how I'll eat for the rest of my life. All of us great ladies that post on this thread seem to be about the same age (I think I'm one of the older ones though ) but we're at different stages of our weight loss. We go through so many of the same struggles and it helps to have a support group, like this one when things aren't going so well and to share the highs when they do go well. Are you in Washington state? Because if you are then at least we have another person in this time zone...sort of. Jen (Mark&Ivy'sMom) is from Colorado and long after Kempy, Angie and Sandy have gone to bed, Jen posts. I'm in HI so I'm the last to bed and the last to rise . Welcome aboard again and I look forward to getting to know you better.

I was feeling energetic this afternoon so I took a quick walk from my office to the bank and post office. It only took me 20 or so minutes to get there, do the errands and back so I know it's not a whole lot, but it's something. I'm going for my daily evening walk of 3.5 miles later on. For now I'm just counting my lucky stars that I'm having my 3rd OP day in a row. I'm looking to hit 170 by the end of this month--I've been there, but had a rough month and I've been up and down the scale since, not having had it STICK to the lower # .

Well, hope everyone else had a great day and looking to have an even better one tomorrow.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 06-04-2003 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:19 AM   #47  

NOELLE~
Thank you so much for your warm welcome! I am excited about this forum. I am doing the Weight Watchers program... It was so easy in the beginning, my husband and I joined together but he's lost his 50 pounds and I just can't seem to do it alone.
I keep telling myself" I'm a healthy eater, I can do this" then I see a piece of chocolate and it goes down hill from there! I was at 159 last month, and I've slowly inched up the scale again, so I thought I would try something new. I have bounced around the same 5 pounds and I am fed up. I should have been at my goal weight by now! My goal was by my 31st b-day...oh well maybe by the 32nd!

Congratulations on your third OP day in a row :CP:
I will try starting tomorrow.

I am in WA. I am glad to have someone to talk to in the same time-zone. Although I would LOVE to be living in HI right now!
We are in the process of moving. We are having a house built. It won't be ready until October 1st. We have sold our house and will be moving into an apartment for 4 months. It will be an adjustment!

How do you keep yourself motivated? I can get through the entire day at work, I just seem to forget about it when I walk in the front door. ~N
Old 06-05-2003, 04:27 AM   #48  
so close, yet so far...

Neesh, you shouldn't even feel bad about not losing as fast as your hubby...he is after all, a man. Men have more muscle mass which burns cals faster + women have an extra layer of fat, aren't we lucky? Anyway, you've done well in keeping off what you have lost, just look at it that way. I know what you mean about "playing w/the same 5 lbs". I've been doing the same thing in the 170's...I can't seem to get out of them. We can do this!!! We just need to keep on making the right choices, including exercising.

Hmmm, how do I stay motivated? If you'd asked me last week, I wouldn't have had an answer for ya, I was off track for quite a few weeks . When I am on track (like right now, thank gawd!) I exercise in the evening. My exercise just consists of walking 3.5 miles in about and hour and 5 or ten minutes. By the time I get home and eat dinner, it's pretty late and I don't normally feel the need to snack if I've just eaten enough dinner. But I try to keep "legal" low-fat or fat free foods around that I can snack on, I know how it is w/the evening munchies sometimes, esp. around PMS. I think Kempy and Angie are into Blue Bunny fat free yogurt or ice cream...it feels like you're cheating, but you're actually not, as long as you eat the recommended serving size...that's where I have a problem w/it. My other trick is to just go downstairs away from the kitchen and get online here at the website. Out of sight, out of mind works for me as far as snacks. Maybe the others can offer some more helpful words or advise. Well, it's getting late and I need to go to bed. See ya tomorrow.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:16 AM   #49  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Welcome NeeshK!! Noelle has great advice. If I am having a particularly bad week I will go and watch tv in my bedroom at night so I am not even near the kitchen or have an excuse to go near it. It seems to help me. You have had an awesome weight loss so far and you should be very proud of yourself. Wow you are having a house built right now.You must be so excited to get it done.

My name is Angie. I am 30 but I will turn 31 on July 1(Kempy's B-day too!!)I am a married mom to 3 kids...Brittany age 11 and Corey and Alicia age 9(the twins turn 10 on July 1 too.). I am a baker for a living.I too follow my own plan of low fat low calorie like Noelle.

I hope you like it here. These girls are great and I give them all the credit for helping me get so close to goal. It has meant a lot to me to have them here for support everyday.

Noelle, YEAH for having 3 op days in a row. Did ya get your click back?

Sandy, How have you been doing this week? Are you back on track too?

Kempy, Did you save your cone for later last night? Mine tasted so good that I wanted to bring the whole container in!!

I hope everyone has an awesome day. I am waiting for the new accounts to get in touch with us. Oh yeah, it is POURING outside today. I really cant wait until it warms up for the season and stays that way.

I weighed in yesterday and the scales said 140.5. Not bad I thought. Then I weighed in this morning and they said 139!!! Can that be possible? I would love it if it were but that would mean that I lost 3 pounds this week so far. I would have thought that would have been impossible since I am so close to goal. WEIRD!!! I will HAVE to check them again in the morning.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:45 AM   #50  

HI Neesh and welcome to our little corner! You are going to love it here. The guys are true friends!

I ended up eating the ice cream at around 7 but then I hopped in the shower and tried to get my mind off of eating more of it. By the time I layed back down on the sofa I wasdog tired. I wonder if it is b/c I have been gettin up 30 mins. earlier than normal. I ended up going to bed at 9:30. I feel good today though. I am a little soare for the wegihts but I knew it was going to be like that. I am even taking it slow and lighter than I am used to lifting. I can only imagine what I would feel like if I hit them like I used to.

I have a respect for you guys that walk outside for 2+ miles. It is one mile from my house to the front of the subdivision and back and I can't even think about walking through again. I think that most of it is b/c it is so hot.

I wonder if Jen will check in b4 she leaves tomorrow?

Sandy what's going on in your world today?

Neesh I used to live in Wash when I was 4. What part are you in? I would try to spell the name of the town we lived in but I think I might misspell it.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:53 AM   #51  

One more thing...... ANGIE!!!! YOU!!!GO!!!GIRL!!! That is great about the scale. Who cares if it is possible. It looks like it is. You are almost there. Don't give up !
Old 06-05-2003, 02:15 PM   #52  
so close, yet so far...

Hey chickies. Just a quick check in before I leave my office...I just got here, it's 8:08 am, but I'm going to sneak away and try to get my hair done--cut & colored. The amount of grays I have is getting ridiculous and the amount of time between colorings is getting shorter and shorter . Sheesh, I remember the days in high school (which wasn't THAT long ago) when my friends and I would dye our hair just for kicks--sometimes going jet black or reddish brown. Now it's a necessity and I wish I didn't have to! But I refuse to go gray at 31!

Angie! AWESOME! Believe it. Oh my GAWD you're so close I gotta do the happy dance for you. That's so exciting and I'm proud of you. We're supposed to get some afternoon thunderstorms here for the next couple of days. Oh well, I guess I haul out the umbrella .

Kempy you keep working w/those weights and soon enough you'll have to change that heading by your avatar to "muscle woman" . You go girl, work it!

Neesh, a brand new house huh? That's so exciting. Have fun living in the condo in the interim--just remember when things get a little hairy that it's only temporary. What part of the state do you live? I have a friend in Federal Way.

Jen how are you holding up?

Well ladies, I'm gonna rush on out of here. I'll check back later.

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 06-05-2003 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:36 PM   #53  

Happy late morning everyone!
Its hard to get to the computer in the middle of the day at work, just a quick note to let you know I'm reading posts

I havent figured out how to work the smileys yet!

I live in Federal Way right now( Noelle~ thats strange your friend lives here too!) We will be moving to Snohomish. about 20 miles north of Seattle. We are very excited. I turn 31 on June 28th. I have 2 boys... Alexander 6 and Sebastian 3.

Angie- Congrats on you loss this week! That is great, almost to your goal.

Kempy- That icecream sounds yummy!

I'll check back in later. ~N
Old 06-05-2003, 03:36 PM   #54  

Nees I just looked up how to spell that town it was Suquamish. Have you heard of that?
Old 06-05-2003, 04:21 PM   #55  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Neesh, The 28 is my dads birthday.

As for my weight, I think it just might be right. The black dress I bought at the Good will store, I tried it on today and could get more of the buttons done up and I couldnt do that last week. That is so weird though, gosh I hope it stays for my official weigh in.

It stopped raining for a minute so I probably should go get a walk in. I havent done anything for exercise yet today and Brit has a D.A.R.E. graduation tonight.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:25 PM   #56  

What happened with you accounts today? I am dying to find out.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:09 PM   #57  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I didnt get a call and we couldnt get ahold of her so I am hoping she is just waiting to get final word from the corporation and she will call and tell us to start on Monday. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I know that they move slowly because we had one of them while they were opened in our town and it took forever to get in and then they closed that store a few months later anyway.

I got in 1 1/2 miles just now and it misted on me the whole way. I am going to try to walk to Brits graduation tonight and that will give me just over 3 miles for the day. Tomorrow is supposed to be 80 degrees out so I know I can get my full 6 miles then and lay in the sun for a minute because all the base tan I had a few weeks ago is gone.

Jen, I hope I can catch ya before you guys leave on vacation. HAVE FUN!!!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 05:15 PM   #58  

Hey chicks,
I'm here, just late today. I had a big day at work. We are closing the company on June 30 and reopening it on July 1.......we have to change the name and get INCORPORATED......long story....lots of paper work, but gives me a paycheck .

Angie: YOU GO!!!!!! LETS ALL HAPPY DANCE WITH ANGIE... I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU. AND YES!!!! With all that walking you've done it is possible. You are still my inspiration. Did you get the accounts? Hey, Evan did D.A.R.E. too this year at school.

Neesh: Welcome to this little corner of the 3fc site. These are some of the best people you will find. By the way, I think I am the elder here???? I'm 33 will be 34 in Novemeber. I have 2 kids, 1 boy who is 11 and one girl who is 5 going on 16!!! And to get the smiles to work alls you have to do is to click on them and they will insert, or click on the get more tab thing and it will list a ton of them and then click on them to insert. You will learn as you go, I did.

Kempy: Lot's going on right now at work, at home all is good. And as Angie stated, IT is raining today....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Noelle: Did you get your hair done? How did it turn out? I know all about the grays.....but I kinda have a dirty blonde hair color anyway so it seems to blend well (thats my story and I'm sticking to it!!)

Jen: Where are you, how is your day going?
Old 06-05-2003, 06:12 PM   #59  
Domestic Engineer

Default hoping you have room for another newbie

Hi everyone!
I would love to join your group here- I just love how chatty you all are! My kind of girls! I need some serious support and am ready to get serious myself again...

Just had my 3rd baby 6 weeks ago-- have lost that pregnancy weight, but am still 15 lbs *over* my previous delivery weight with my other boys...YUCK. AM hearing that "click" (even if it's a bit faint) and ready to start this journey again.

Look forward to getting to know you all!

Emily
Old 06-05-2003, 07:19 PM   #60  

Of course you can join in Emily! There is always room here. We do like to chat alot don't we.

I hope that we can help you like all of these girls have helped me.
Closed Thread