Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

Great job, NorthernChick and Tuscany!

I was at 172.8 this morning, but I know that it won't stick. I was dehydrated from drinking too much last night. DH's band played out, and You would think I'd be old enough not to do stuff like that, but we were having such a great time that I didn't pay attention to how much I was drinking.
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Yayy NorthernChick, Tuscany, and Stephanie!!!

Rubidoux- Hope you're feeling better! What did you mean 10-15 lbs lower when you don't exercise? Do you not eat as much when you dont work out? It's been getting really hot lately in Socal and I almost feel like cutting my cals so i dont have to run or go outside in the heat! it makes me overly exhausted!

Jennifer-I think weekends are hard!! I ate so much ice cream this week I just know I'm going to be paying for it this week! UGH! I was also 175 this morning.....and I thought the 180s weren't forgiving!

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the rest of the weekend!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/130

Height: 5'1.5"

Thanks, hhm!

I started exercising about six weeks ago and when I exercise it is much much harder to avoid insulin reactions. When I have an insulin reaction, I *need* to eat something sweet and sweets are really my downfall. I have been trying to always have skittles bc they aren't as likely to set me off as real food. But yesterday when I woke up w that 35, I had the cereal as I mentioned, but then I just could not stop. I don't think I ate a TON of food. Like, it wasn't a classic binge situation. But I just kinda grazed on crap food all day, which I never would have done with out that low. And the low would not have happened if I hadn't been exercising.

So, I guess my feeling about exercise and weight loss are not really applicable to anyone here but me... BUT there is a serious and reasonable school of thought that exercise has a negative effect on weight loss, and I think it's right. On average, people do tend to eat more when they're exercising. One way I see this is that on those days that I have a low and get pushed off the wagon, if I've been exercising hard, it's much harder for me to get back on track. I just don't have the energy. Sometimes I can tell it is my energy and enthusiasm that keeps me on track (or gets me back on), but I don't have that if I'm exhausted from exercising.

I gotta say I have been love, love, loving this warmer weather for walking! I am worried, though, that it's gonna be too warm soon.

So... I was at 176.4 this morning. Three pounds up. That's actually not as bad as usual, but I think sometimes I don't see a rise on the next morning but on the second morning, so I'm a little scared. lol I'd really like to see these extra pounds gone, but I'm feeling solidly on plan, so I know I'll get there...
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
Thanks, hhm!

I started exercising about six weeks ago and when I exercise it is much much harder to avoid insulin reactions. When I have an insulin reaction, I *need* to eat something sweet and sweets are really my downfall. I have been trying to always have skittles bc they aren't as likely to set me off as real food. But yesterday when I woke up w that 35, I had the cereal as I mentioned, but then I just could not stop. I don't think I ate a TON of food. Like, it wasn't a classic binge situation. But I just kinda grazed on crap food all day, which I never would have done with out that low. And the low would not have happened if I hadn't been exercising.

So, I guess my feeling about exercise and weight loss are not really applicable to anyone here but me... BUT there is a serious and reasonable school of thought that exercise has a negative effect on weight loss, and I think it's right. On average, people do tend to eat more when they're exercising. One way I see this is that on those days that I have a low and get pushed off the wagon, if I've been exercising hard, it's much harder for me to get back on track. I just don't have the energy. Sometimes I can tell it is my energy and enthusiasm that keeps me on track (or gets me back on), but I don't have that if I'm exhausted from exercising.

I gotta say I have been love, love, loving this warmer weather for walking! I am worried, though, that it's gonna be too warm soon.

So... I was at 176.4 this morning. Three pounds up. That's actually not as bad as usual, but I think sometimes I don't see a rise on the next morning but on the second morning, so I'm a little scared. lol I'd really like to see these extra pounds gone, but I'm feeling solidly on plan, so I know I'll get there...

Ohhh ok that makes sense!! Can you eat something like fruit? I know it's just as sugary but maybe if it's something you won't crave you'll eat less?

Btw you're doing awesome with all that walking! I just did some walking today and I was out of breath within 5 min (seriously I probably walked 40 ft-ridiculous!) of walking uphill. I think my body got used to the elliptical since I dont feel as tired or "worked" when I'm on it anymore.

Oh yes, I remember days in high school when I would run I would eat a TON when I got home but still wouldn't gain the weight I do if I did the same thing.

I hope I lose 1 lb this week, just one!!!! I'm expecting to be up a little bit tomorrow though..keeping my fingers crossed.

Oh and one other thing I wanted to ask you all, I've noticed if I allow myself 1500 cals for a day but eat clean I can usually see a small drop in the next few days but when I cheat and eat a donut or something (still within my range of 1500) I'm up on the scale again!! I mean is there that much sodium in a donut??? I can only contribute it to water but is there something else I'm missing??

Yikes sorry for that loaded question! been meaning to ask this for a few days and kept forgetting.

Thanks guys!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

I've been feeling so down all last week because of the weight gain but I tried to eat really really well all week. This morning I was 174, so down one pound. I'll take it! I've now lost 10% of my body weight, good riddance! Now I need to keep working hard so I can get to the 160s in May!
Angelic Fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Angelic!!! 10% is a big deal!

I over did some celebrating this weekend. A little more red wine and dip than I meant to have but it was totally worth it. I haven't really indulged in almost 4 months so I really enjoyed it and 100% do not feel bad. Just one night I've gotten right back on track. I may not loose this week but I'm alright with it
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #142  

dehtripper: Red wine is always worth it Seriously, I have a couple of glasses a week and I still lose. It's a good thing too because I'd be sad if I had to give it up.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Everyone seems to be doing great! I am so excited to get out of the 170s--maybe in about 3 weeks?

Angelic; Congrats on 10%!

Dehtripper: I totally understand over-indulging! I did the same Saturday night when DH's band played our, but it was totally worth it! I'm going to try to drink a ton of water this week and flush out my system!

Rubidoux: I kinda agree about the exercise. I just try to walk although I know I need to add just a little strength training. I do not like to do strenuous exercise though because I overeat!

Hhm: i hear you about the donut! The carbs make me hold onto weight, but it does come off. I try to eat clean-ish, but I like to be able to eat whatever I want as long as it's not a ton of calories.

I was at 173.4 today, which I knew would happen since Sunday's loss was mostly dehydration from the beer. I also carb loaded pretty heavy yesterday and I drank a huge Gatorade! I am right back on the wagon today! DD's high school grad party is May 19, and I will have more than 150 people at my house! I really want to be in the 160s by then!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #144  

Height: 5"6

176.9, baby! WOOO!!!! Two days left of the 30 Day Shred! I am waaaaiting for an inevitable stall but cheers to it not happening yet! I want to see 170 by the first week of June. Have a great day, everyone!!!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer1966 View Post
Everyone seems to be doing great! I am so excited to get out of the 170s--maybe in about 3 weeks?
I'm hoping for three weeks too, though I'll need to have some great weeks for it to happen! But I really want to see the 160s! Funny it wasn't that long ago that I was in the 180s wanting to see the 170s but now I can't wait to get out of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 View Post
176.9, baby! WOOO!!!! Two days left of the 30 Day Shred! I am waaaaiting for an inevitable stall but cheers to it not happening yet! I want to see 170 by the first week of June. Have a great day, everyone!!!
You're my hero! I never was able to do more than two days of 30 Day shred! I really want to try again someday!
Old 04-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Made my May 3rd goal early! I'm 174.8 this morning!
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 277/ticker/135

Hello, ladies (and gentlemen, of course)!

I weighed in at 179.4 this morning -- just barely in the 170s, but I'll take it. Glad to be joining you guys and I'm looking forward to a week full of healthy choices.
allieballiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:16 PM   #148  

Height: 5"6

hhm6, sorry for not seeing your question! I wanted to acknowledge you but sorry for not having an answer! My weight fluctuates like crazy. To keep myself sane, I tell myself that once I see a low number, it's still there so long as my calories are in check! Sometimes it's just cloudy!

Man, guys, I've developed a bad habit this week! lol I am within my calorie range but eating CRAP! I just had a lunchable for dinner! lol mmm so good but why?! At least the calories are on track...but I've gotta reign it in!!

Keep 'er going, girls!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 View Post
hhm6, sorry for not seeing your question! I wanted to acknowledge you but sorry for not having an answer! My weight fluctuates like crazy. To keep myself sane, I tell myself that once I see a low number, it's still there so long as my calories are in check! Sometimes it's just cloudy!

Man, guys, I've developed a bad habit this week! lol I am within my calorie range but eating CRAP! I just had a lunchable for dinner! lol mmm so good but why?! At least the calories are on track...but I've gotta reign it in!!

Keep 'er going, girls!
No worries girly! haha I'm glad I'm not the only one! I wish the crap food would actually start tasting bad lol, I feel like I haven't gotten to that point yet! or if I ever will since there are some things I just refuse to give up!

Btw just jumped on the 30 day shred bandwagon today! and OMG I'm exhausted!! Those 20 mins were intense and much harder than my hr on the treadmill! Seriously my arms hurt as I'm typing this post, but finally took some before pics and hopefully I keep you guys updated on how it goes!

For those of you doing it, is that your only exercise or do you do something else on the side?? I wanted to do some jogging afterwards but I didn't have the energy!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
Made my May 3rd goal early! I'm 174.8 this morning!
Congrats!!! That's awesome!! Btw I've seen your posts on SDN for awhile and you're doing fantastic! and not to mention so close to goal!!! I'm excited for you!!

Any tips for us?!