Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
Congrats!!! That's awesome!! Btw I've seen your posts on SDN for awhile and you're doing fantastic! and not to mention so close to goal!!! I'm excited for you!!

Any tips for us?!
hhm, what is SDN? I am thinking of all the forums I post on and I can't figure it out :P

As far as tips go, my biggest tip is to ask yourself early and often if you are really doing the best you can- before you're slicing into the coffee cake, or going for the chocolate chip cookies at a potluck, or ordering at a restaurant. We'll never be perfect but if you try your best every moment, every meal, every day, you'll do that much better than if you weren't

Last edited by Underwater; 04-30-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater View Post
hhm, what is SDN? I am thinking of all the forums I post on and I can't figure it out :P

As far as tips go, my biggest tip is to ask yourself early and often if you are really doing the best you can- before you're slicing into the coffee cake, or going for the chocolate chip cookies at a potluck, or ordering at a restaurant. We'll never be perfect but if you try your best every moment, every meal, every day, you'll do that much better than if you weren't
Omg wow, I meant to type 3FC! SDN is medical school forum I'm always reading stuff on, so I must have been in that mode when I typed the message oops! But def meant 3fc!

Awesome advice! I really do need to do that. I sometimes snack on things just to get rid of the urge, and I know that's my biggest downfall with weightloss, but thanks for the tips! I can't wait until I can say I'm 10lbs from goal!
hhm6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Underwater!

Oh emm gee, I hurt today. My c25k plan yesterday got derailed in a good way yesterday when I got to join a couple friends in their workout. I've never done free weights before by we did some back squats which were fun. Also some agility but I think what I'm feeling most today is the gazillion pushups, straight leg sit-ups and squats we did. Yeeeeouch, but it hurts so good.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhm6 View Post
Btw just jumped on the 30 day shred bandwagon today! and OMG I'm exhausted!! Those 20 mins were intense and much harder than my hr on the treadmill! Seriously my arms hurt as I'm typing this post, but finally took some before pics and hopefully I keep you guys updated on how it goes!

For those of you doing it, is that your only exercise or do you do something else on the side?? I wanted to do some jogging afterwards but I didn't have the energy!
I'm currently doing C25K every other day but I'm thinking of doing 30 day shred on the days I'm not running. I could never do 30 day shred in 30 days, I need a break from the evil that is Jillian Michaels (I do love her, really I do).
Angelic Fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #155  

Height: 5"6

Hey guys! I am pumped! I weighed in at 177.9 this morning- a pound up from Sunday, but that's FINE! I am now consistently weighing in under 180 and I love it! I am finishing the 30 Day Shred today and omg...I might have a long-awaited rest day in my future!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

So I was wondering if I can join you peeps a bit early? I am still in the 180's. Weighed 185.0 this morning. But I have been lurking and dreaming about when I am working on getting out of the 170's. That and I cant find any recent 180's threads in this section of the forum. I have to say you are all very motivating to me!
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #157  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Fruitcake View Post
I'm currently doing C25K every other day but I'm thinking of doing 30 day shred on the days I'm not running. I could never do 30 day shred in 30 days, I need a break from the evil that is Jillian Michaels (I do love her, really I do).

Hahahaha this made me laugh! The whole time I was working out when she says "you can't get a rest in a 20 min workout" all I was thinking was ohh sure just talk and expect everyone to work out!! She's great though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 View Post
Hey guys! I am pumped! I weighed in at 177.9 this morning- a pound up from Sunday, but that's FINE! I am now consistently weighing in under 180 and I love it! I am finishing the 30 Day Shred today and omg...I might have a long-awaited rest day in my future!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
woot woot!! Have you noticed a difference before and after 30DS??! I hope I can keep up with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBfitnessbuff View Post
So I was wondering if I can join you peeps a bit early? I am still in the 180's. Weighed 185.0 this morning. But I have been lurking and dreaming about when I am working on getting out of the 170's. That and I cant find any recent 180's threads in this section of the forum. I have to say you are all very motivating to me!
Of course you can! Most of us were in the 180s thread awhile back! and I agree the ladies on this thread are pretty amazing! You'll be in the 170s in no time!
Old 04-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #158  

Weighed in at 174 today! half a lb but I'll take it
Old 04-30-2013, 05:18 PM   #159  

Height: 5"6

Hey hhm6, I have! i lost almost 15 lbs in April and I have lots of definition! I want to post a pic of my abs but I am afraid I'll be deemed the inappropriate teacher! lol still thinking about it!!
NorthernChick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #160  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 View Post
Hey hhm6, I have! i lost almost 15 lbs in April and I have lots of definition! I want to post a pic of my abs but I am afraid I'll be deemed the inappropriate teacher! lol still thinking about it!!
No wayy!! That's a lot! and just what I'm looking for! I'm kinda slacking on the level one like those sways she does (I literally feel like I'm going to die lol) Omg you should post a pic without your head! I finally took my measurements today so hopefully I see them go down. How about your arms?? Thats the one place I want to see go down!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

NorthernChick and hhm: You guys are doing so great that I want to check out the 30 day shred! It sounds awesome (and awful-lol)

WannaBfitnessbuff: Welsome!!

dehtripper and angelic fruitcake: Great job on the work outs! I really need to up my exercise--you guys are so inspiring!

Well, I was up to 174.4 today and felt really bloated. Not sure what's going onm but I drank a ton of water today. Hopefully I'll see a little whoosh over the next few days.

Anyone I missed: Have a great evening!
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #162  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

I lost a little of my bloat today. I'm back down to 173.4. I am so ready to see the scale go down and stay down.
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 212.6/Ticker/137

Height: 5'5"

Wow, everyone's doing sooo well! Absolutely inspiring. Northernchick - 15 pounds in april?!?!?! Ahhhhh-mazing. I hope upping my workouts gives me similar awesome results cause I'm always afraid it going to slow my progress to really work on muscle tone.

Speaking of workouts - my legs are on FIRE. Could barely make it down the stairs this morning. No gym for me today, just [hopefully] light skating at derby tonight.

This morning was my weigh-in. Even though I went off on the weekend, I still managed 0.8 lbs, which I am truly thankful for - I'm at 40lbs lost right on the dot!!!!! Its great to consistently weigh below 174 as well - so glad to not be bouncing back to obesity. I think I'm gonna go to the grocery store and hold some 10lb bags of potatoes to soak it all in

Last edited by dehtripper; 05-01-2013 at 07:34 AM.
dehtripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #164  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

yea!! i've been looking forward to joining y'all as a bonafied 170something and this morning....i'm 178 !! Everyone is so interesting on 3FC and i enjoy reading your words while we fight the good fight. =D
Sun
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #165  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

Seems it's about time for me to join this thread! I was at 179 last time I checked, and I'm hoping to be down to 170 or below by the end of the month.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote