Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #301  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Lauren Good job on getting to the gym!

Alaskanlaughter I'm sorry to hear about all the stress and pressure that you are feeling. Is there an option to find a job that's not as stressful?

Alyssa Good job on keeping track of your daily foods.

Katydid Have a safe trip and have fun at the wedding. I just got an email from Panera about the pasta dishes you mentioned.

HungryHungryHippo Glad you are enjoying the Walden Farms products.

Misti Congrats on scheduling your surgery. How long are you going to have to take off for recovery?

Nzgirl Enjoy the new sneakers! When does your Summer end?

Psychic Congrats on your weigh in. I'm glad you enjoyed the fajitas. You did well with your calories.

Radiojane It sounds like you have fun working at the mall and you are constantly busy. Good job on your weigh in.

Syckgirlsfv Your breakfast sounds good.

Novangel Congrats on being able to take the exam for your Cosmetology license. Why did you get out of that field?

Niagaragrl Thanks for the info. My hair seems to be in better shape, condition wise now. Next week is my scheduled hair cut. I always have issues with it on the last week. I wish I could let it grow out, but I don't do well with the transition. Also, I just have the crappiest hair on the planet.

MzjuicyD Hi It's good to see you. I remember you from last year. Congrats on the 12 pounds.

Silversky Congrats on the .8.

Silver sky Good job getting your exercise in and staying in a good calorie range.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:04 PM   #302  
Trying to live below 200

I forgot to drink my juice this morning, so the calories for breakfast are not correct. Total Approx 1395 calories +

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Mediterranean wrap w/added ricotta cheese 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
JM's 30 DS Day 5 Level 2 w/#5's
KCM's 30 MTF TLC Coffey Fit Blend w/weighted gloves (alternates both workouts)
Old 03-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #303  
Warrior Princess

Diana, I don't know why your hair has gone from curly to straight but other than using a good shampoo and conditioner for dry/thin hair there's not much you can do when your hormones are working against you. Once you get that leveled out your hair should improve greatly.

Why did I leave hair in the first place? I thought taking an opportunity offered by my Endodontist step-father to learn dental assisting would be another trade under my belt, and a more respectable career. It was also more money at the time. I was very excited! ...Come to find out (in my experience) being a DA is a VERY humiliating profession; but I only became aware how bad it was within the last few years. When I was young my parents taught me to "put up and shut up" when it came to work ethic and employment and I did just that. Looking back I can't believe what I have tolerated for a paycheck and can honestly say I have been emotionally/verbally abused by some of these doctors. Good thing I never spent 20k on DA school.

I decided I'm going back to the career I originally pursued and put my mental well-being above money. Crazy? Perhaps. I take my exam 4/10.

As far as exercise I admit I am completely slacking...I have NO energy. None. I will get back on track ASAP. You know I always do.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #304  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

My goal for the year is to lose 1-2 kgs per month so that I will have lost between 12-24 kgs this year. (I'm a Virgo lol) Agreed, I should probably lighten up on the goal, but it's what keeps me on track and motivated.
So far this year, since I started losing weight since New Years, I've changed a lot about my diet and I've become aware of what I'm eating. I still have a way to go in regards to enjoying the taste of vege's, but it hasn't slowed me down with the amount I have. (I don't take medication other than vitamin supplements.)

Since the week is almost over, I will count today and the weekend into my next week's goal: to slow down the amount of exercise I've been doing (doc's orders) and step away from my obsession with losing weight fast! (Also, to find an effective raindance to get rid of this heat wave in NZ.)
Old 03-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Misti – APRIL—too cool!! Congrats!

SilverSky – Nice!!

Alaskan – That really does sound like a lot.

RadioJane – Shamrock Shake!! You, like me, sound like a girl who makes a point to celebrate the holidays!!

Diana – You are impressive doing Shred with 5-pound weights! (And, I think, the other day, you used 8?!) I did 3 pounders.

Today I tried Walden Farms Caramel dip for the first time. Sooooo good. Even though it’s 0 calories (actually like 2 per serving, but anything under 5 and they’re allowed to call it 0), I can tell I’m going to have to set limits!
Went to a store today and tried on clothing for a project. It was so gratifying to fit, and look pretty good, in everything! What a huge difference, and how many YEARS in my life where I would walk in a store, and not be able to find a thing.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:32 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 205/175/105

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

3/14/13
coffee: 76
1 bowl pecan honey bunches of oats with silk: 150
1 packet maple brown sugar oatmeal: 120
3 oz house special lo mein: 300
1 gala apple: 74
5 dark hershey kisses: 128
1 serving ruffles: 140
1 serving dried vegetables: 120
1.2 breaded chicken breast: 124
1/2 cup buttered corn: 75
1/4 cup dried fruit and nut mix: 140
1 carnation breakfast drink: 150
total: 1597
exercise: fell asleep again.
notes:
Old 03-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #307  
Jesse

Location: New Jersey, but have also lived in Hawaii, California, Florida, Maryland, Virginia, DC and Massachusetts, and oh yea, GREECE

S/C/G: 222/175/160

Height: 5'7

HI
just wanted to introduce myself, I am brand new to this site and relatively new to weight watchers, I've lost 22 pounds in about three months and very happy to see a slimmer face and less of a belly but I am still about 40 pounds from GOAL (160)
This seems like a great website and I'm psyched to read and learn from what so many of you have posted. Thank you and good luck and yay, SPRING is almost officially HERE ~ my favorite time of year!!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #308  

S/C/G: 282/271/165

Height: 5'7

Hello, well its Friday night and for a treat i got a 100gram bar of chocolate and some hummus and rice crackers. And even after all that my calories for today are only 1266

oh and I can't believe how much more money I have since I've stopped drinking wine and buying bad food.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:45 AM   #309  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello everyone

to the newbies... so glad you have joined us!

I just woke up in the night but have to force myself to go back to sleep because I have to get up early for work. I don't go in early on Friday so can sleep until 5 AM instead of 4.

Diana, I will be off at least two weeks -- they leave it open ended as it depends on how I am doing and it also might be part time at first. The surgeon has his own surgery clinic so I won't have to go into the hospital. A nurse friend is going to stay the first two days and nights with me, yay, and I'll get other friends to help out after that and probably a home nurse at times.

And a few years ago my hair went from straight to curly too but I love it because with a good cut I don't have to do a thing to it -- just straight out of the shower and a bit of gel. I love it! I had a thyroid tumor removed so I think that might have been what changed the hormones. I hope you find a style you like and that works for you now.

Well LOL had best force myself back to sleep.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #310  

S/C/G: 160/152/120

Height: 5'2"

Well, I seem to have lost 5lbs since I saw my doctor last week. I'm taking it as a good sign, but I think of lot of it was the swelling from the surgery. Also, my ovaries have kicked back into gear, no more hot flashes, and sleeping better, and that pesky crying during commercials has finally ended.
This morning I had fat free vanilla yogurt, and have cut my coffee down to 75 calories (thank you Tim Horton's wake up call). Dh has been supportive in making coffee at home and not stopping by Timmies on our way to drive him to work.
I think I may be vicariously eating through my family, I keep buying them treats (ice cream a few days ago, flaky's yesterday). While buying flaky's I got myself some salmon (DH doesn't like seafood, but I love it). I make the meals for the whole family, so I just have to figure out the most efficient way to cook myself something leaner than what they are eating.
Mind you, I fully enjoyed honey garlic sausage with a big salad last night. Total calories for yesterday 1256. But I didn't do any exercise yesterday, other than shopping for my new bathroom
Anyone have good recipes for salmon? Also, is that something I can make a whole bunch of and freeze individually to make life easier?
Old 03-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #311  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF! I am so glad the weekend is here! I hope you have a great one!

Calories for yesterday: 1395 +
Weigh In: 158.4 (TTOM)
Down: .4

I have finally gotten rid of the water weight from the unplanned get together on Sunday. I also had a gain from Saturday night but I think that was because I ate some sausage for dinner on Saturday night. My calories were good, but I always react to excess sodium. So, now I need to work on getting back to Saturday's weight. Weight loss and maintenance is a never ending drama.

Rhiko and wanna2lose Hi and Welcome to the check-in!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #312  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

I am super hyped this morning! I got on the scale and it said 243.6!!! That means I'm .4 away from losing 50 pounds!!! I am sooo happy. This has been the first time i've been able to break through this terrible cycle I've had for over a year. I would get as low as 247 and then I will lose control and motivation and gain weight back. I would usually end up around 260! Then I would lose the weight again and I would do the same thing over and over again. I have no idea why I do this to myself but this last time I was determined to break the cycle. Now I am 243.6 and I feel fantastic! I don't ever want to see the 250s or 260s ever again and I am very motivated this time around!

Next month is my birthday and i am treating myself to a trip to Hawaii to visit my best friend. I had set a goal to be in the 230s before I leave on April 18. I have been averaging a little over 2 pounds a week. I am confident that I will be in the 230s before the end of March. Now my goal is to get to 233.2. That will be 60 pounds lost! I know it's ambitious but I'm up for the challenge!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #313  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I don't know what's up with these sudden weight drops, especially since its my TOM, but I'm not going to complain. Lets hope this keeps up.

Yesterday's Calories: 1511
Today's Weight: 181.8
Old 03-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #314  
banned

Height: 5'3

Yesterday's weight: 140.2
Today's weight: Holding steady at 140.2

Probably TMI, but I've been having some irregularity problems, so that would explain why there's no loss.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #315  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I tried making that pumpkin smoothie today. No real measuring. I included unsweetened vanilla almond milk, chobani plain greek yogurt, organic canned pumpkin, vanilla extract, flax seed, nutmeg and ice. I must say... It was pretty gross. It needed some sort of sweetener. Maybe honey or splenda would have made it taste better.

Other than the gross smoothie, I must say I like the single-serve "blend-and-go" smoothie maker my mom got me. Just throw everything in the bottle, screw on the blade lid, blend it, and put the other lid on.
Closed Thread