Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #271  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

As for myself, I am back on the right track this morning! FINALLY!
I think it really hit me when I actually decided to brave the scale this morning.
UGH what a HUGE disappointment, as I knew it would be. It is unbelievable to me that you can work so hard to get the pounds off, yet they return so easily and in a lot less time! (and they bring friends!)

Hopefully by Friday, I will be less than what I am today, but with TOM around, I’m not so sure that will happen!

Headed to the market to stock up for the rest of the week on non-processed carbs. This is so much easier for me through the week, but if I even consider going out to eat or being around others who are eating whatever they want, it just throws me OFF!

Please tell me this gets easier. I need willpower, I think. Am I just being lazy to give in so easily to food? I think I may be an addict at this point, or have gone so long with eating a high # of calories. ((sigh))

K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #272  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Mornin'!

Nice surprise this morning, 202.2 on the scale! Might be a bit of dehydration, though, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. I cut the grass last night when it was about 85°, and I was sweating. Heat wave! Seriously, it just doesn't get very hot here.

I don't have time for personals, but I wanted to say: Congrats Berry! Such a huge milestone! And I have all kinds of "magic numbers" that I'm nervous about, so I know where you're coming from.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #273  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
As for myself, I am back on the right track this morning! FINALLY!
I think it really hit me when I actually decided to brave the scale this morning.
UGH what a HUGE disappointment, as I knew it would be. It is unbelievable to me that you can work so hard to get the pounds off, yet they return so easily and in a lot less time! (and they bring friends!)

Hopefully by Friday, I will be less than what I am today, but with TOM around, I’m not so sure that will happen!

Headed to the market to stock up for the rest of the week on non-processed carbs. This is so much easier for me through the week, but if I even consider going out to eat or being around others who are eating whatever they want, it just throws me OFF!

Please tell me this gets easier. I need willpower, I think. Am I just being lazy to give in so easily to food? I think I may be an addict at this point, or have gone so long with eating a high # of calories. ((sigh))

I think once you get in a groove, it feels more normal, but no, I wouln't call it "easier". It is really tough to get past the eat, drink and be merry mentality, but that is what you have to do. You have a good plan, you just have to stick to it. Try to think of it as taking one weekend day at a time, or workday off, or whenever it is that you struggle the most. Come report to us those days and tell us your plan. Then stick to it, one day at a time. It feels so much better on Mondays (or whatever day it is for you) when you have stuck to plan than not. I think you are just struggling due to TOM and hormones though, and this feeling will pass and you will get on with it. I always get down on everything around that time. Sorry, can't speak well today, need more sleep
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #274  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Jo OMG! I knew that! That's a quick way to take care of that weight!
I would definately have some gaining to do! Hmmmm, what would I eat first?
Old 06-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #275  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
I would definately have some gaining to do! Hmmmm, what would I eat first?
Knowing me, I would be back in a normal weight range within a couple of weeks at the most!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #276  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I broke past the 50 pounds lost today. I am so stinking excited! I am so close to onederland now I can taste it! In this past month I lost 13.4 pounds and lost an inch off my chest, waist and hips and 1.5 off my thighs (nothing off my arms).

I was going to make the rest of the brats for supper tonight. Now I'm thinking MAYBE NOT! I don't want to add sodium weight just as I got to under 50 pounds lost! I want it to stick! That 50 pounds lost is kind of a huge milestone for me since it's the weight lost when I started to fall apart 13 years ago. Though that might have more to do with the 185 pounds than the 50 pounds lost. I'll be nervous about that weight for no good reason too. (Notice I just KNOW I'll get there!)

My goal for this month is the same as always - exercising 6 days a week and losing 8 pounds.

OK, off for the day. SOOOOOOO happy!
Another awesome month for you! Green with envy Way to go on the 50 pound mark. You will blast past this and your 185 hiccup, no problem!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #277  

Quote:
Knowing me, I would be back in a normal weight range within a couple of weeks at the most!
Probably wouldn't take me long either!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #278  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. Hubby and I are "off" today, actually have clothes in the washer and dryer, made some orders for the shops, did dishes, he is cutting our grass plus the yards of 2 neighbors whom he does for free (he's really such a good man!) we got up at 5:30 am and did 3 laps around our street, it's not that far, but we could only do one lap not that long ago, so progess! Hope you all have a blessed day! Tammy
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #279  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Another awesome month for you! Green with envy Way to go on the 50 pound mark. You will blast past this and your 185 hiccup, no problem!
Eh, I know those big losses per month are about over (or are over). I dropped my calories this month to around 1250-1300. Not much more wiggle room. I can up my exercise, but the losses will start to slow down as there's less and less of a deficit in calories in and calories out - which is where you are. I think you loss for May is fantastic! 8 pounds and 90 miles of running and you are firmly in the 180s now! That is a GREAT month! Remember, I had more than 25 pounds on you starting out!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #280  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday wasn't that great... I was way under in calories for the day and what I did eat was kind of junky. Hopefully I can do better today. I'm still at 277 on the dot. I'm happy with my rate of loss so far. I just can't wait until I see a difference in more than just the number on the scale.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #281  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Mornin' Ladies & Larry

I have a good OP day planned today. Can't stick around for too long, just jumping in to check-in - busy, busy, busy.

Here is my plan Weds 6/1/2011 - Cals 1557 (inc. drinks)

B - Grilled Soy Cheese Sandwich on whole wheat bread w/ veggie bacon + 1 small banana

S - 1 cup raw broccoli + 3 olive oil & cracked pepper Triscuits w/ hummus

L - Whole Wheat Roll w/ veggie chik'n patty + soy cheese + tomato slices + spinach and veganaise + mixed green salad w/ tomatoes, cucumber and balsamic dressing

S - 1 cup air-popped corn w/ a little soy butter & salt + 1 small apple

D - Homemade Golden Crispy Tofu + 1 cup steamed chinese broccoli w/ splash of soy sauce & mirin + 1/2 cup brown rice

Drinking: + 100ml can of Coke + At least 2L water

Exercise: 45min walk with the dog in the evening

Have a good OP day!

Last edited by L R K; 06-01-2011 at 11:33 AM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #282  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Lauren I am so glad to hear that your back is better. Do you think those back muscles needed strengthening? Did they find something specifically wrong with your back?
Well what seems to be wrong is that the curve in my lower spine is too big (it's called lordosis I believe). So I need to strengthen my core muscles and correct my posture, which is what I have been working on with Physio. Since I started my posture has def. improved and the lordosis has reduced quite a bit. Happy with the results so far.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #283  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

I just finished reading all your posts and now I want to make a June goal, but I can't trust my body to comply and I don't want to feel like a failure if I don't make the goal, blah. I'm going to try for 5 pounds. There I said it! That pound I lost came back as I figured it would. I wish I could just get better so the weight will come off and stay off.
I love Goodwill. I donate and shop there regularly. I am not a big time spender and I hate buying name brand stuff for money reasons and because I hate to pay to be someone else's commercial. But in my neck of the woods the more well off people donate just as much as I do and I reap the benefit.
berry CONGRATS. 50lbs!!!!!!!! You are doing fantastic.
krystal I try not to think of this as a diet. I know so cliche, but really when you think about how eating proper helps our bodies function properly then it makes it important. Exercise to me right now is more of a gift. I'm just thankful I can walk so that's what I do. So when it's getting hard for you and you're looking down at that yummy food just say to yourself "with the weight I've lost and will continue to lose my body is getting healthier. My heart thanks me, my brain thanks me, every inch of me is getting healthier. I'm going to live longer because I'm taking care of me. Then look at that yummy food and ask it "what are You going to do for me?" It's only a moment of glory, but the right choice is a lasting choice. Keep positive and tell others look I'm doing this with or with out help because I love me.
jomatho nice job on running 90 miles, I wish I could run. No seriously. The other day I tried to run away (jokingly) from my family on the boardwalk. I think the people around me thought I was having a seizure. My husband told me stop before I hurt myself. And my daughter said sarcastically "no that wasn't embarrassing at all." I have no coordination. Job well done!

Last edited by mamakat; 06-01-2011 at 12:35 PM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:36 PM   #284  
CanadianVeggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
LAUREN: So glad to see you’re back and getting on track again. Enjoy the while he’s here!!!
WTG on the No pain, No gain, right?? You can do it!!
You got it! Have a fab day

Melissa - Congrats on the 3lb whoosh!

Last edited by L R K; 06-01-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #285  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Quote:
Morning all. Hubby and I are "off" today, actually have clothes in the washer and dryer, made some orders for the shops, did dishes, he is cutting our grass plus the yards of 2 neighbors whom he does for free (he's really such a good man!) we got up at 5:30 am and did 3 laps around our street, it's not that far, but we could only do one lap not that long ago, so progess! Hope you all have a blessed day! Tammy
Tammy great job on going around 3 times.

Last edited by mamakat; 06-01-2011 at 12:42 PM.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote