Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone,

I'm back from a long weekend probably about 10lb heavier! Had a great weekend with friends but any thoughts of being in control of my food went out the window. BUT thanks to the support here I'm back on plan today and determined not to give up.

I'll try and check in later for personals. Welcome back everyone!
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:45 PM   #242  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Berry You enjoyed yourself and back on plan today. That's the main thing. The worst case scenario about the 2500 calories is that you ate at your maintenance level. Nothing wrong with that.

Vixsin Hi Hugs back at you! Congrats on the 6.4 pounds for May! Great job!

Jomatho Congrats on the 90 pounds! Awesome!

Larry Great job staying on plan yesterday.

themilesawaygirl Welcome back! Some of that will be water weight. Just get right back on your plan. You can do it.

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-31-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #243  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Can I join?

I am off work today and searching the 3FC forums and came across this thread and it looked interesting and was wondering if I could join, I may not get to post every day but I will check in as often as possible. I guess a little about me would be in order. My name is Tammy, I have been married for 34 years, I need to lose about 110 pounds. I have just been put on crestor, metformin and am on high blood pressure meds for about a year or now and really want to get this weight off to get off all these meds and get healthier. My husband is also overweight. We own 3 Christian retail stores here in south Louisiana, we are Catholic but we handle items for all Christian faiths and have many customers from different faiths. Being very busy and always on the go, hubby and I are more or less following the Intuitive Eating "program", basically eat only when hungry, eat what you want not what you think you should, eat slowly and stop when full. We need some structure, so hubby came up with eating 1 cup of food just about every 3 hours, we eat more or less at 8am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm and 7pm (we close at 6 but 2 of our stores is an hour's driving time to get home). The 4pm, meal is more or less the snack meal of usually fruit. Thanks for "listening". Have a blessed day.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:24 PM   #244  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I just took a 3 hour nap. I haven't needed to do that for so long and now I feel so much better. I also weigh more than a pound less than I did this morning! Wow! But, doesn't count. Man... TIRED is an understatement I guess.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:34 PM   #245  
I am more than weight.

Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
I just took a 3 hour nap. I haven't needed to do that for so long and now I feel so much better. I also weigh more than a pound less than I did this morning! Wow! But, doesn't count. Man... TIRED is an understatement I guess.
I don't get to nap often, but when I do it feels sooooo good. Good for you for getting to get a nap!
Old 05-31-2011, 02:46 PM   #246  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone

Boy is it hot here in TO today 39 degress celcius with the humidity... at least the is shining

1st day of my learn-to-run program yesterday and holy cow was it a workout! I am not a runner, never have been so this was hard for me. My legs hurt a little today, not too much thankfully because I stretched properly afterwards, but I am feeling it.

Anyways, here is my plan for the day

B - 2 slices multi-grain bread w/ PB + 1 banana

S - Was hungry after breakfast so had 2 weetabox w/ almond milk

L - Homemade burrito (tortilla, brown rice, beans, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce and soy cheese) + green salad w/ tomato and cucmber

S - 1 apple + small amount dry-roasted un-salted almonds

D - Stir-fry w/ marinated tempeh, chinese broccoli & a tahini sauce on soba noodles

Drinking: 1 morning coffee + 1 pepsi + at least 2L water

Exercise: 10mins cardio + 20 core-strengthening + 30min walk with the dog later in the evening when it has cooled down a bit

Cya!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:01 PM   #247  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

CatholicCajun Hi and Welcome to the check-in and 3FC's.

Berry I'm glad you were able to get a nap and feel better.

Lauren Hi Good to see you. How is your back? It's hot and humid here, too. Right now it's 93* with a heat index of 100*.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:05 PM   #248  
I am more than weight.

Thanks Diana!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #249  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Lauren Hi Good to see you. How is your back? It's hot and humid here, too. Right now it's 93* with a heat index of 100*.
My back is a lot better, thanks for asking

I am still seeing my physio, dropped down to 1x every 2 or 3 weeks - soon will be moving to once monthly.

Last time I had any pain that required any pain killers was April 19 so things are looking up! Still get some minor pains but nothing that keeps me up at night anymore.

Last edited by L R K; 05-31-2011 at 03:08 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #250  
Jillian

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

okay, im officially back! Even though ive been on and off for the last almost 2 weeks, i did manage to lose another 2.3 lbs. My first month of my journey i lost a total of 7.7lbs. So considering i had a rough patch, i'm quite pleased with that! I took a picture this weekend while getting ready for a party too and i was shocked at the difference i could see already when i compared it to my starting picture! That was all the motivation i needed to keep this going.

I joined the CC 4th of July Challenge and i have a pretty extreme goal of losing 16.3 lbs!! I dont know if i'll hit that or not but im sure going to try my hardest! If all goes well i should at least be officially out of the 200's within the next month!!! Super excited about that!

The food over the weekend wasnt too bad, i made sure i moderated myself while at the cookouts all weekend. And burned some calories swimming yesterday! I avoided all cakes and sweet treats which is a HUGE deal for me haha. I also started my protein shakes today. I'm mixing a scoop of protein powder in some fat free lactose free milk with my instant iced coffee mix. It tasted so awesome!! and i'll be doing turbo fire for the rest of the week!

So happy to finally be back on track!
DTerminedOne1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:23 PM   #251  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone!

I had a post on here but I lost it. So, the short version:

Larry, you look amazing!

I had a great weekend, but totally ate my way into two more pounds. Not sure if its water weight (I drank almost zero water this weekend) or actual poundage, but I'm working hard to get it off again.

My iPod is broken, and that is how I count calories. So wish me luck as I try to so this without my calorie counter!
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 PM   #252  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! Loooong time no see!!

Larry, you look so much younger!! Great job!!

As for me, I've been hanging in there. We had a long weekend of good food and lots of fun with the family. My cousin came up and since he's been living off of Marine chow hall food we wanted to make sure he had lots of yummy things to eat.

I'm hitting things extra hard for the month of June. I want to lose between 5-10lbs. Heck, I'd settle for 2lbs!!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:51 PM   #253  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, glad to see you back happy and healthy. I didn't go away this weekend but for some reason it tired me out anyway :P Yesterday I had to search for my daughter on the beach so I had a long walk there and then up a huge hill to her friend's house. So no boardwalk but still walking. I weighed myself this morning and lost a pound! I hope it sticks. I bought new sandals, kind of like the walk fits from Sketchers and walking in them the last two days have worked so many stinking muscles in my backside and legs. I was and am stunned. Hey maybe it will help with the walking. I also did my last two walks without my cane. So theres a plus.
Hello to all the newcomers.
Larry you look fantastic and are truly truly an inspiration.
I want to wish everyone with June goals good luck. My goal is to keep walking and maybe have the courage to go to the basement and bike in the mornings. I haven't felt dizzy or faint in awhile. Well keep on trucking everyone
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:01 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

What an interesting day today!! It started out pretty normal with a 150 calorie breakfast of old fasioned oats cooked into oatmeal with a dash of cinnimon and imitation vanilla. It tasted great and had NO sodium.

I had a routine followup appointment at 1 PM with my cardiologist. My DW suggested we have lunch at CICI's Pizza Buffet as it is close to the doctors office. Having experienced the high sodium and potential for high calories I reluctantly agreed but did some advance internet research on CICI's nutrition. Wow!! I managed to only consume 646 Calories and 1244 MG Sodium. However the day was not yet over! After the doctors visit we went shopping for clothes that would fit me. Every thing I have is too big. So I chose to do my shopping at the Goodwill Super Store. I did not know Goodwill had super stores. Found some great pants and shirts and even got a well fitting, almost new suit. The total bill was $24 and change. Then my DW dropped a bomb, she said lets eat at Wendy's!! Oh no, Wendy's the same day as CICI's? I checked the nutrition poster at the door and selected 2 JR Burgers with just mustard and value size fries with no salt. 670 Calories and 660 mg sodium.

My daily total ended up at 1468 calories and 1921 mg sodium. Both were entirely within my plan!!

Wendy's and CICI's in the same day and stayed on plan. Smiling here, it was a great day!!

My weight is still at 235

Larry

Last edited by Larry H; 05-31-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #255  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Way to go Larry on the food and shopping. My two favorite shorts right now are from Goodwill. It's just a pain to sort through everything to find the right size and style, but yes, very budget friendly.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote