Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 02:46 PM   #166  
To love me is a privilege

Scooby:
(Can you tell I don't feel like working today?)
Anyway, I don't want to brag, but I am almost through.

I am stuck on my brother. I can't think of a thing.
For one of my sister, girl friends, and sisters-in-law I bought monogramed note cards and mailing labels. They are always writting thank you notes. My other sister is getting pajamas with golden retrievers on them. She loves her dog. Her husband is hooked on the show The Saprano's (who isn't), so he is getting their cookbook. My neices and nephews are getting pencils with their names on them along with personalized sleeping bags.
This one I hate to admit. I bought my boyfriend a union suit. If you don't know what that is, it is a one piece long underwear suit.
It's what he wanted.

Probably a little more than you wanted to know. But I am so bored I want to head to the cracker machine.

Thank God I don't have any change.
Gotta go.
Tipper
Old 11-13-2002, 03:02 PM   #167  

Hi Tipper
Wow it sounds like you have it all done. Then you dont have to go thrugh the mad rush! I think i know what you mean about the union suit. Actually never heard it called that but sounds interesting!

Do you know what people are getting u? Did you get yourself anything. When ever i go shopping for others i always wind up buying stuff for myself. I know its naughty! HOwever thats always when i find the best clothing..ironically.

Yea i know about hte cracker machine oh to well. I am eating a salad however i just had some pretzels.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:16 PM   #168  

Scooby:
I have hinted to what I want. I have left catalogs open to the page with the item circled. But I really don't want to know. I like the suprise.

Yes I did buy some note cards and labels for myself.

I see you are from Boston. My sister flys to Boston atleast twice a year. She loves it up there.

Has anyone got any ideas for my brothers? They are 32 and 38 years old. They like to fish, but I think they own every piece of equipment there is. I considered golf outing certificates. So they could play together. What do you think?

Tipper
Old 11-13-2002, 03:28 PM   #169  

I like that idea ...golf outing certificates...

Yea i live in boston. Where do you live Tipper? Well i hope u get everything on your list...thats funny that you leave out catalgos with things circled. What is one thing you really want?

why does your sister fly out to boston?

I all of a sudden feel exhausted...im sure its cause all the tears. Often around 3 that happens and then once 4 hits time flies.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:41 PM   #170  

Scooby:
I feel like we are hogging this thread.

My sister is a flight attendant for USAir. Ironically I hate to fly.

I live in Charlotte, North Carolina. I love it here. The beach and the mountains are each 3 hours away.

The one thing I want is not in a catalog. I want to fit into my size 12 jeans again. I bought them three years ago, and they were actually lose. Now I am lucky to get my foot in them.

3 is a hard time for me to. I think it is the anticipation of getting home. I find if I eat a piece of fruit then I usually pick back up.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:25 PM   #171  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Talking Yeah, the week is half over!!!

Hi All! Looking forward to the weekend already! The past couple of days have been a rush since we were off Monday. I love this month. I only have one week where I am working all five days thanks to elections, veterans, and pilgrims!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Scooby, I truly feel for you. Grandparents are a precious thing. I lost all of mine when I was too young to realize what a blessing it is to be able to spend time with someone who has lived so much of life.

Tipper, Christmas is coming fast...so you'd better watch out, you'd better not cry...unless you really overpay for your gifts! There are so many bargains out there right now. My hubby and I did almost all of our shopping on Monday. We do a $1000. Christmas club every year (Our families are huge into Christmas).I advise anyone out there to do one of them. It saves you from putting anything on the credit cards. For your brothers...you said they like to fish so you might check with Bass Pro Shops online. You could get them gift certificates and have a catalogue sent to them. If you are not familiar with them, they have equipment for every outdoor sport you can imagine. I bought my sweetie a bunch of boating stuff from there.

I am trying to salvage my day. My mother-in-law sent dream bars home with my hubby. Chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, graham cracker crumbs, butter, coconut!!!! HELP!!!I hear them calling my name. I am going to sign off and leave to go get my kiddo!

Talk to you gals later!
Boating
Old 11-13-2002, 04:47 PM   #172  
Is it Friday yet?

Scooby, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. I bet if you asked, they'd allow you to bring in a cat for a little bit. Spend the time that you can, and be there for her when she needs you - she may eventually not want you there - be prepaired. My step-father's Mom (my Gaggie) waited until everyone had left the room before she'd let go and finally passed. My thoughts are with you and your family. Please keep us posted...

I lost my only blood grandparent (Grandma, she was 84) almost 4 years ago. She was in the hospital for a slight case of congestive heart failure and was about to be released the next day when she had what they think was a massive stroke - the nurse came in to ask what she wanted for dinner, left the room, came back with a tray and she was gone. After watching my uncle die of AIDS, which took 5 years to finally kill him, I'll take a sudden death any day. Not that it's easier to take - you don't grieve any less, but it's so much easier for those that are suffering.

As for Christmas (*sigh* already!) yea, I've got some done. I need to do a LOT more and soon since I have to mail most of mine to friends and family in CA.

Again, big hugs, you have the right to be in an emotional handbasket. Take care of you!

Terri
Old 11-13-2002, 04:59 PM   #173  

Scooby Im sorry to hear about your Grandmother. My grandparents died years ago. I however have had to deal with the death of my mother and father in law. My mother passed away 1 yr almost to the day of my father in law. We had some warning and I was able to be with her holding her hand the day she died, I had spent the night in the hospital with her holding her hand, she came to for a few minutes not opening her eyes just long enough to tell me she loved me and then she passed a few hours later. It was the best thing that could have happenedbeing ith her till the end. with my FIL it was so sudden no one got to say good bye. The grandchildren had a hard time understanding his death. with my mom she had hada heart condition since I was 15 and we knew that anytime could be her time but she lived a happy full life for 29 more years. She got to see all her grandchildren and was able to enjoy my grandson for 5 short months. When we were told she was going to die we brought all the grandchildren in to say their good byes and when I put my grandson on the bed with her she said the only thing she regretted was that she would not be able to see him grow up. Me I believe she will because I know she is watching him everyday. Sorry to go on, just brought up some memories good ones. Spend as much time as you can with your grandmother now you won't regret it.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:29 PM   #174  

Smile Still Wednesday!

Scooby- this is a very emotional time - I remember many times during my mil's long illness, how while she dozed, someone would say something silly and the rest of us would get the giggles. The nurses understood but sometime other family members would come in and we'd get the "look"- But honestly, mil would doze happily hearing us chatter, if we got quiet, she'd stir and look around- asking anyone if they needed more water or what have you-- The hostess w/ the mostess to the very end--
Sometimes the giggles would bring tears rolling down our faces but it is a release---

And this I can guarantee you-- this time w/ your grandma, you will never regret. Reminding her of happy times, singing to her, even telling her knock knock jokes or what the lotto numbers are- they say that hearing is the last sense to leave us--

And these older women in our lives, they teach us right up to the end-- Its hard to say goodbye but its a gift to be able to share this with them--

as for shopping-- we come from big families so we only exhange w/ a few friends. Most of the "children" are at the age where they are only interested in money-- although I do have 2 tiny nieces who are fun to shop for! and DH of course too- and my folks- this year, I have some thankyous for people who have gone above and beyond at my new job. I have some very nice Aromatherapy votives I plan on placing in a clear votive glass and tie the whole package up w/ tulle-- Am thinking about colored sand or tiny pebbles to "float" the votive in-- and a few girlfriends will get candles too w/ loose green tea, infusers and a special sugar scrub I saw a recipe for. ( Got to do something w/ the sugar I won't put in my mouth anymore!!)

Punkinseed-- Your day mirrored mine except I didnt yell at a mechanic- In fact, wound up apologizing to the person who was more at fault than me and I managed to hold the tears in. One
of those situations where you had to get along to get along.

take care all!
Old 11-14-2002, 12:15 AM   #175  
Empress/Queen

Scooby, I am so sorry about your grandmother. It sounds as though you are making this a gentle time for her and I agree with Punkin that I'd bet they'd let her have a kittie. That'd be nice.

Please don't worry too much about thy eating ... at this kind of time, it's strange but the weight maintenance seems to take care of itself if thy heart is at peace with acceptance.

Amarantha hath enjoyed the shopping discussion on the thread today ... shopping be her favorite sport ... remember, the faster thou shoppeth, the more calories thou burneth!

Very busy week but great caloric control and on target for exercise. Maybe Amarantha will finally lose that pound this week?

Avanti, !

Good night all!
Old 11-14-2002, 12:31 AM   #176  
Empress/Queen

P.S., Hag o' the Hut hath gotten back to Amarantha about Arabella's question and she sayeth that if Arabella (and all others who wish to be a certain age again) THINKETH THEY ARE 34, THEN THEY ARE!! She sayeth, "Thou be as old as thou feeleth!!"

P.S. again, Punkin, I be about three hours drive from Yuma, sigh. Actually, I had a job offer in Yuma about a year ago, so if I'd taken it, there I'd be when thou visiteth. Sorry thou had a bad day ... it can only get better, methinks!

Anagram, congratulations on thy loss also!!! I saw Dollar's this a.m. (congrats again, Dollar!) but misseth thine this a.m.

To all I missed, again, have a wonderful night!
Old 11-14-2002, 05:40 AM   #177  

Smile Thrilling Thursday

Hello all!

as you might imagine, since yesterday was so awful- I am dreading the job today- and even wondering if taking "already sheduled Friday off" should be rethought.

In fact, have come to the realization that I need to rethink this job as well. Don't get me wrong, I know there's are a reason its called work but I need to evaluate. But enough "woe is me", I am probably still tender from yesterday, at least, I have a job and should keep that in mind.

Aramantha- please pass the message thru as I don't remember which E asked about the "whine thread"- I was going to let it drop because my original idea was mostly a "play on words" - we had been talking about "wine country" and I took it a step further. Then, after reading the responses, I realized I was the only one who saw the humor. and that's ok too, that's not the first,( 100th,!) time that's happened to me either. As for a whine thread? I'm not sure- what were your thoughts?

Received my membership materials for Toastmasters yesterday.
Need to pick a topic for my first 6 minute talk which tells the audience about me. Everything I read about effective public speaking says to find a common ground w/ the audience and know your topic. Was wondering if perhaps I 'll discuss my "Fear of Public Speaking" - In fact, wonder if the copyright police would come knocking if I called it "Fear Factor".

Today's thought is:
" We do not know what the future holds, but we do know WHO holds the future"

Old 11-14-2002, 08:08 AM   #178  

Happy Thursday.

I have good new to report. I have lost another 2 pounds. It is now 207. Seven more to go before Thanksgiving.

I am nothing but smiles today. :d:

I think my metabolism finally kicked in from the week of constant exercise.

Gotta go. Work calls.
Tipper
Old 11-14-2002, 09:07 AM   #179  
Empress/Queen

Wooo-hooooo!!! It be Thursday and Amarantha be so focused it is weird!!! Haven't been much off program all week and have high hopes for the sea cow metabolism.

TIPPER!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THY TWO (COUNT 'EM, TWO) s LOST FOREVER!!! THEE BE TERRIFICLY ON THY WAY TO TURKEY TIME!!! HAVE A BANANA: !!

Kaylets: Amarantha saith she did understand the humor and was only kidding in her whining for the whining!! She did think we were talking about having a Wednesday Whinefest thread, though, just for everyone to post things they felt like whining, er ... venting, about! Kind of like some people make an appointment with themselves to worry at a certain time so they'll stay worry-free the rest of the time!!

Good luck with Toastmasters. That's a great activity for building poise, social skills and logical thinking ... not that thou appeareth to lack for any o' those attributes that Amarantha hath ever noticed!! Fear not the copyright police ... Amarantha never does!!! (joke, of course Amarantha always concerneth herself with matters o' copyright!! )

TO ALL TURKEYETTES, BE CAREFUL OUT THERE! THE ARCH-EVIL CALORIE CRIMINAL BOB BLOB BE ROAMING THE STREETS IN SEARCH OF FIT FOLK HE CAN ENTICE TO GO OFF PROGRAM!! YOU SEE, BOB HAS NEVER STAYED ON PROGRAM A DAY IN HIS LIFE AND IS INSANELY JEALOUS OF THOSE WHO FOCUS ON THEIR GOALS AND SUCCEED IN THEIR CHALLENGES!!! RUMOR HATH IT THAT HE HAS NOTICED HOW POSITIVE AND SUCCESSFUL THE GREAT TURKEY TIME CHALLENGE FOLKETTES ARE IN STRIVING FOR THEIR TURKEY OBJECTIVES AND HE IS DETERMINED TO CHANGE THAT!! AMARANTHA HATH SEEN HIM THERE IN THE SHADOWS LATELY, DULCE DE LECHE IN HAND, PEANUT BUTTER CUPS IN HIS POCKETS, A BAD-ATTITUDE SMIRK ON HIS FACE!!! IF ANY TURKEYETTE CITIZEN SEETH THIS BAD BOY, PLEASE ADVISE THE CALORIE POLICE (OR THE POINTS POLICE DIVISION) BUT DO NOT APPROACH BOB YOURSELF!! HE IS ARMED AND DANGEROUS WITH TASTY TIDBITS!!! RUN AWAY!!! SAVE THY PROGRAM ANOTHER DAY!! YAY!!!

Over and out, Turkeyettes!
Old 11-14-2002, 09:07 AM   #180  

Oh, Kaylets, I had gotten the play on words. In fact, had planned to post (but never got to it) that ventfest just doesn't have the same panache.

Hope those that had TERRIBLE days yesterday are blessed with better today. And Tipper, I'm smiling for your loss too.

Scoobs, I too am sorry for your pain. Stay close and touch. When my MIL had her final strokes, she could move only a toe and her eyelids. But when dh stroked her arm, we could all tell how much pleasure it gave her. At least at first. Her skin was so deteriorated by that time, it became irritated and he had to stop.
But at least she had the few moments of pleasure. These are not easy times but usually they are accompanied by much personal growth.
Closed Thread