Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2002, 02:51 PM   #31  
Empress/Queen

Ok, Elbertine can come in, but she has to stop saying, ... as Pilgrim Amarantha is only saying, "YES!" to life from here on out!

Anagram: Your dh's plan sounds great to Amarantha as chocolate means nothing to her (it's ok, but vanilla be where it's at!!). Couldn't find pumpkins but an odd thing came out o' the NOT challenge, Amarantha hasn't bought any candy at all since way before Halloween.

Tomorrow, also, is the 21st day of my No Slimfast Initiative! Just don't need that caloric trigger food (for me, not meaning to discourage others) in my life. Was drinking way too much of it to the exclusion of variety. No longer want any, but occasionally have Ensure as I like it but so far it hasn't acted as a trigger.

Today I started working on my Super Walmart shopping trips. Everytime I go there, I park close to the entrance, shop, buy a vanilla triangle donut and a dulce de leche and shoot my calories up too far for the day. Today, I parked way far away from the entrance and walked fast to the store, shopped and did NOT buy a vanilla donut ... did buy a dulce de leche and some little teddy bear sandwich things, of which I ate one. Calories much improved and a little more exercise. I will continue the ban on vanilla donuts and the longer parking distance for any trips during this turkey time challenge.

Flee s, flee!!!
Old 11-02-2002, 04:28 PM   #32  

Congratulations on passing up the donut, Pilgrim. I "tricked" me into a healthy walk today too. Was very cold outside so went to mall, ostensibly to shop. I walked the length of mall and back (first time in many moons though I did it regularly at one time), walking into at least three shops as well. Spent no money after all but came up with a potential Christmas idea or two and searched out an item I'm looking for for the house. So feel I did well enough for a cold day.

I'm not a chocolate eater either if there's any other choice but of course have been known to "force myself" on occasion.
Old 11-02-2002, 06:33 PM   #33  

Smile wow

Hello all!

Just had to post and say Aramantha !! -- I remember how much you enjoyed your Slimfast and am so impressed that you haven't had any in 21 days!! Did you think you could go this long?? Has it been easier the longer you do without?
GOOD FOR YOU!!

I was at the mall today too Anagram! and Walmart! and BJ's and Lowe;s-- hee hee- guess everyone 's shopping!

Old 11-02-2002, 07:09 PM   #34  
Empress/Queen

Me, again! Not a low calorie day by any means and my weigh-in chances for a pound down are about nil but hoping for the best. If I'm up, then I WON'T let it get me DOWN!

Good job on the mall walk, Anagram! I head there for my hiking pleasure when it's super hot and can get a really great workout if like you I don't buy anything. Thanks for the donut congrats! My love affair with that particular vanilla triangle donut is OVER!!! Yahooooo! Bye-bye donut, bye-bye!!!

Nope, Kaylets, I'd never have thought it'd be this easy to say to my ol' slimfast pal! Thought we were bonded forever. But there's nary a pang in my heart for those little cans. Thanks for the bravo!!!

Guess I'll go back to work yet again! An hour or so should do it and THEN I'll finish my walk ... at 45 minutes so far.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:31 PM   #35  

good evening,
went out for the evening with my hubby, we went out for dinner and played about 12 games of pool. I must say I ate what I wanted and even had dessert. I don't feel guilty one bit which is a break through for me because usually I feel really guilty about eating out. We had a great time, I can truely say i feel like Im 10 years younger these days. I will make up for my dinner tonight in the next couple of days. I did eat light during the day so as not to make it too bad of a day. Well got to go. Oh Pilgram congrats on the no donut and the extra walk to the store.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:55 AM   #36  
Empress/Queen

Yay, Dollar!!! WTG on feeling 10 years younger ... and if you feel it, you ARE it!!! Your evening out was a real accomplishment as you were able to maintain a good attitude about having a little break and plan for it ahead of time with a light menu!

Thanks for the congrats! Didn't have a really good caloric day yesterday but hoping for the best when I finally get to the planned time for weigh-in. We'll see.

Up early to search for beading forums! Be back!!!

Please excuse excessive posting, but as I said way back there, for every page we put on here, we'll all lose a pound!!! I saw it in a vision! Ok, a half a pound? A quarter?

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF MY AUTHENTIC LIFE!!! Woo-hoo!!! I'm gonna do it.
Old 11-03-2002, 08:02 AM   #37  
deleted2

Hi Everybody! I wanted to get in on the challenge--would've checked in earlier but I've been sick with some sort of crud that just won't let me go. I'm sooo looking forward to feeling better!

Current weight is 153. I'd like to set my Thanksgiving goal weight at 145.

Old 11-03-2002, 09:05 AM   #38  

Smile Scrumptious Sunday!

Hello all!

still battling this sugar hangover- only been awake 3 hrs but feel like I could take a nap! That thick taste is on my tongue that brushing and mouthwash doesnt touch.

I 'ran' thru the grocery store this am but I guess that wasnt enough to kickstart anything- As I said, if I let myself, I could take a nap- !

This is certainly a good lesson to remember!!

anyone have any ideas on a 'gentle' internal cleaning?? My two cups of coffee are drunk, I have the water bottle here next to the keyboard and may even put on a pot of green tea--

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2002, 09:52 AM   #39  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Sugar begone!

Hi Kaylets! I was just thinking yesterday how awful food hangovers are. Sugar is horrible in my body too. I only had a sliver of cake at a party last night, but I also had some wheat items, which I don't do well with either. Re: cleaning out the sugar, the best things that I've found are extra water, vigorous exercise, extra vitamin c, and a peppermint/green tea mix.

Amarantha, I agree: yes to life, no to those things that impede life!

Boatingmommy, I see you are a motivational guru wannabe - I am available to be practiced upon at your leisure!

Dollar, you're doing FANTASTIC! Your evening out sounded 100% positive WTG!

Eydie, hope you're feeling better. The change of seasons in the fall is hard on the body, I think. A lot of people get sick in the autumn.

Anagram, funny about "forcing yourself" to eat chocolate on occasion. I know sometimes when my diet's going badly I feel like I'm forcing myself to eat when I don't even want to. Not good!

Well, I am officially zonked. Worked like a demon all last week on very little sleep. Friday night I made the big mistake of letting the cats stay in. My big orange guy kept coming up and walking on my head, while the little one attacked my feet. And I was so tired I just shooed them away and hoped they wouldn't come back. Of course they did. Won't do that again soon!

Then yesterday morning, I had my granson delivered to me at 6:45 and had him all day and all night. We were up at 11:00, 2:45, and 6. He's down for a nap now, and his mom will come and get him soon. Plan for tonight: sleep

I'm going to take a walk this afternoon, tidy up the house, and -- oh, yeah, I remembered I promised self some R&R. So I won't add "paint the bedroom" like I was going to. But I can relax a lot better when the house is tidy, so I will do that. And the fresh air will do me a world of good.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Arabella; 11-03-2002 at 11:05 AM.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:51 AM   #40  
Hot Stuff

Room for one more?

I need a kick start, and seeing some old pals like Eydie, Amarantha, Babette, Kaylets, Punkin O'Friday, AND all the new enthusiastic challengers all pumped up and ready to lose some pounds....I wanna too!!!

Unfortunately, I have gained three pounds over the last few months. I did really well on the 21-day challenge, and am working on getting those three pounds and more gone for good! So, put me down for five pounds by the American Thanksgiving. That will put me at 173lbs.....and the next five will put me in the 160's!!!

Now, off to guzzle my water and chase away dust elephants.
Old 11-03-2002, 12:46 PM   #41  
Empress/Queen

Well, ok! Amarantha didn't lose her weekly pound, but did maintain current weight, so her Transformation Challenge stats stayed the same and she's not changing her Turkey Time Challenge OR her pound-a-week concept either, though they are now inconsistent with each other, she's figuring she'll have a two-pound loss sometime (though she doth have the metabolism of a sea cow, so it'll be a stretch)! Since her weekly calorie average was more than 2300, she thinketh her challenge to herself for the week should be a weekly average of 1700 to lose a pound ... since a 500-drop is theoretically a seventh o' a pound and another 100 for good measure since as mentioned, she hath the metabolism o' a sea cow. She also pledgeth 60 minutes of exercise per day for a weekly exercise caloric burn o' 1680 at her sea cow rate o' four calories per exercise minute. Amarantha again thinketh o' joining Weight Watchers but not yet. All in all, this Pilgrim be still on the path and not unhappy with her progress.

More about me!!! My daily challenge is as above PLUS a trip to Walmart to buy a cat carrier and said trip shall beith even BETTER in healthy behavior than yesterday's! (No triangle vanilla donut, no dulce de leche, no candy, park far from door!)

Ok, enough about Amarantha! (Thank goodness, Amarantha, you just go on and on! ~ Elbertine Pep)

Eydie! Glad you be here!!! Thou hast set an ambitious goal but THOU SHALT SUCCEED!!! (It's in the crystal ball! ... not sure the Pilgrims would have approved o' crystal balls, so Amarantha be accessing it in secret in her little pilgrim hut!) Feel better.

Kaylets: Thou maketh a good point about the food hangover thing. Moderation in all things, especially food, seems to make the body AND spirit feel better, methinks! Thanks for reminding me! Methinks also thy water bottle be the best cleansing therapy around ... love Eydie's image o' "oceans of water" ... kind o' goes with thy avatar!

Wildfire!!! Thy be in the room, too! Thy enthusiasm is a welcome sight this a.m. ... guzzle away ... BTW, are dust elephants like dust bunnies?! Amarantha hath those, too!

Babette/Arabella: YES!!! Life IS worth everything and while we are at it, we might as well enjoy it in a fit and healthy body! I'm ready to say NO to NEGATIVITY, EXCUSES and all the NONSENSE that keeps me from my AUTHENTIC SELF!!! Wooooooo-hooooooo!!! Just call me, Pollyanna Pilgrim!!!

Amarantha be very glad thou hath cancelled plans to paint the bedroom, though! What WERE you thinking!

To All: Woooooo-hoooo! Gobble, gobble, gobble! NOT!!!
Old 11-03-2002, 01:09 PM   #42  
Hot Stuff

Amarantha, yes, dust elephants are very much like dust bunnies...except much larger and require much more effort to clean away....they inhabit spaces that one has neglected to clean for several weeks....like under beds, behind toilets, etc. Once they start trumpeting and announcing that they live in my home, I must chase them away. I much prefer dust bunnies...they're quiet and they don't scare my cats.
Old 11-03-2002, 04:17 PM   #43  

Smile Still Scrumptious

Big thanks to all who offered advise regarding the sugar hangover- I did both the water and the tea, and then DH and I went to the storage bin "to just get a few things". But I carried trash bags w/ me and we were inspired when we realized it had warmed up to about 50 degrees-- we tossed and sorted and filled the van. Came back home and imeadiately, reassembled the shelves and put things in place- Keep, Yardsale, Ebay, Charity-- We are impressed w/ ourselves because we are prone to "finishing it later". Amazing what you can find when you look in boxes you havent been into in awhile!!

Oh my, am I chatty now that I'm feeling better!

I am hoping that is the end of it- At least I know I don't want to go thru that again soon!!

So, what do you think, I am counting that as a NonScaleVictory-- fell but crawled back up to the drivers seat of the wagon--

!!!!!

Wildfire, boy oh boy, am I happy those big ones are elephants- I thought the ones under my beds were from a horror movie!

Last edited by Kaylets; 11-03-2002 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-03-2002, 06:41 PM   #44  

Good Evening all,
My weekend of work is now over my house is a little emptier then it was at the start of the weekend, one daughter and boyfriend gone to his house and the other daughter and boyfriend out for dinner and may also change houses tonight. so I just have son, grandson and hubby here so now I can get in the bathroom when I want. It is pretty hard with 8 people and one bathroom.
Im still taking today and keeping my points low but I do feel satisfied and not hungry. I have the day off tomorrow so I can get some stuff done around here, not too much to do though my hubby cleaned the house and my oldest daughter did tons of laundry while I was at work.
I heard a mention of green tea I think it is time to go make some, I really do enjoy it. Have a great week everyone.
Old 11-03-2002, 06:51 PM   #45  

Working on my third fairly good day in a row. Unbelievable. Went leaf peeping again today. Sounds like we're all ready for a good start again Monday morning.
Closed Thread