Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 01:57 PM   #181  
Is it Friday yet?

The ongoing Great Pilgrim Progress Report!

Scooby - 186 goal 180
Bobsgal - 251 goal 245
Dollar - 199.2 goal 193.2
Amarantha - 165 goal 161
Anagram - 229.4 goal 225 (-1.4!)
Punkin - 238 goal 232
Babette - 217 goal 209 (-1.0 - or an unofficial 3.0!)
Hotsplash - 177 goal 169
Whisper - 187 goal 180
Jadcie - 180 goal 175
BoatingMommy - 169 goal 165
Eydie - 153 goal 145 (-4.0!)
Wildfire - 178 goal 173
Tipper - 209 goal 200 (-5.0!)

Onwards and downwards!
Old 11-14-2002, 02:14 PM   #182  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello lovlies...

(a little self eye-opening semi rant...)
Well, as Kaylet's quote o' the day dictates, I will acknowledge that I hold my own future... my mood has been poopy for about two weeks now, and I'm amazed at how it affects my eating! Today I decided that how I've been reacting to things affects my mood. Bad, stressful, annoying things are going to happen - it's a part of life and I'm thinking it's also becoming my job requirement to deal with them. In the past (like just a few weeks ago) I've never had any problems with managing these things but I've become overwhelmed and started to slip underwater - I realized today that I don't have to swim in the emotions that these things make me feel - Stressed, angry, desparate, helpless... They just are - feel them and let them pass and continue on my way. Doing the same great job I've been doing since I was 15 - nothing's changed so why should *I* change?
Today's been a MUCH better day

Ok, other than the fact that I now have a sinus infection (complete with cheek and tooth pain ) - which is probably why I've been so tired, emotional and short fused. I cancelled my plans for tonight so I can go home and play "sick person" (read, drink tea in bed). Actually, the realization that I'm sick explains a LOT about the last few days...

Scooby - How are you holding up hun? How's Grandma doing today? Sending you a big ol'

Kaylets - Ya know, we giggled during my Grandma's funeral. Some of her friends looked at us like we were crazy - but my eldest cousin did her eulogy and well, Grandma was just so funny that he couldn't keep it all that serious - and I'm sure she wouldn't have wanted us to!

Dollar - I wouldn't doubt for a minute that our loved ones that've passed still watch us - maybe not always, but they keep tabs on us. I still talk to my Grandma's all the time...

Amarantha - Bummer, 3 hours is far... I haven't decided yet if I want to fly into San Diego or Phoenix - which would you suggest?

Tipper - Congrats on the loss!!! You inspire... keep it up and maybe I'll catch on!

Hugs to you all - happy Friday eve!

Terri
( Punkin o' Friday)

Last edited by Punkinseed; 11-14-2002 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2002, 02:35 PM   #183  
To love me is a privilege

Punkin and Kaylets: We also got a good laugh :LOL: at my grandmothers funeral. We celebrated her life instead of wallowing on her death.

After the actual burial everyone was still standing around and all my brothers, sisters, and cousins were together. We started laughing because my cousin had gotten a speeding ticket on the way to the cemetary.

We laughed because we could just her my grandmother say that the police read the obituaries and they were waiting for him at the boarder. It made us all feel better. :smile:

Scooby: I was wondering where you are today. Let us know.

Tipper
Old 11-14-2002, 02:57 PM   #184  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Just popping in for a second. I was chasing DGS all day and it's time to get dinner ready. Reporting: 1 more gone!

Scooby, so sorry to hear about your grandmother. Remember to take good care of yourself through this time.

Update:
The ongoing Great Pilgrim Progress Report!

Scooby - 186 goal 180
Bobsgal - 251 goal 245
Dollar - 199.2 goal 193.2
Amarantha - 165 goal 161
Anagram - 229.4 goal 225 (-1.4!)
Punkin - 238 goal 232
Babette - 217 goal 209 (-2.0 - or an unofficial 4.0!)
Hotsplash - 177 goal 169
Whisper - 187 goal 180
Jadcie - 180 goal 175
BoatingMommy - 169 goal 165
Eydie - 153 goal 145 (-4.0!)
Wildfire - 178 goal 173
Tipper - 209 goal 200 (-5.0!)

Onwards and downwards!
Old 11-14-2002, 03:31 PM   #185  

Hi Turkeyettes. Want to report that I avoided the Sugar Sirens yesterday. Water sure can be my friend. That was despite doing some early holiday baking. I am SO proud of yesterday. Now if I can keep today productive....

Just brewed some tea. Should be able to get a walk in after that. So nice today though cold.

Punkin - indulge your sick little self. You can't possibly handle all life's stresses when you're not feeling well. There are times when crawling in a cave is the best we can do for us.

Dh said he'd bring something in for dinner since I was at the dermotologist and she did a few unpleasant enough thingies. I really can and probably should cook. But it's nice to be indulged a bit too. Oh, conscience, conscience, all these big decisions.

Hag, hope your string of good "diet" days continues.
Old 11-14-2002, 03:38 PM   #186  
Is it Friday yet?

Arabella - Congrats!!! I do need to change the roster to show your new, most improved name and now your new, most improved shrinkage!!!

Anagram - thank you, I will take care... of course right now I'm so angry I could spit...

-anyone interested PM me privately and I'll explain - I'm not gonna start a stupid 3FC war over this garbage.

Amarantha - dahling, since this whole holiday challenge was originally your beautiful baby - I've sent you the details - please check your 3FC private messages.

Ta' for now!

Terri

Last edited by Punkinseed; 11-14-2002 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2002, 07:26 PM   #187  
deleted2

Scooby, how are you holding up? And your grandma? I'm sorry that you're going thru such a difficult painful time now, but know that it has its gifts too. My MIL recently had a mini-stroke and it's difficult to see her changing and becoming weaker. Life is such a fragile thing.

I've enjoyed hearing about Xmas gifts. I usually do something food-oriented. Gee, what a surprise, huh?!

Tipper, congrats on the weight loss!

I've been close to binging lately---don't really know why. Maybe just that time of the month?
New Harry Potter movie tomorrow! WooHoo! I'm a big fan! Anybody else going to see it?

Old 11-15-2002, 01:26 AM   #188  
Empress/Queen

Default Night falleth ...

Amarantha be foggy minded from nappie time but reporteth a very good on plan day once again ... well, 100 calories over and 20 exercise minutes short, but in the main a good day.

Punkin o' Friday, I just PM a reply to you!! Suffice to say thou handleth things in a mature fashion!!! And, Amarantha (genius though she be) actually copyeth the holiday challenge idea from a myriad of forums that have holiday challenges including our old Christmas Lite thread on this exactomundo one! Sorry thou hast a sinus/cheek infection ... Amarantha getteth this malady also and it beith no fun. Elberta Crone saith to rest and be serene ... block cortisol! Re Yuma, off top o' Amarantha's head, SD soundeth like the best bet from where thee be, but it's likely six o' one and half dozen o' the other. Hast thou been to Yuma before? It's nice but developing at a very fast pace. The one thing thou MUST do is drive to Dateland and have a date shake ... saveth calories, though, as this is VERY rich (but dates are healthy, right?). Also interesting in Yuma is the old territorial prison.

ARABELLA!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THY SEVERING RELATIONS WITH ANOTHER PESKY !!! Thy be on thy way to Turkey Time Goal Glory!!! Good work!

Anagram!!! Congratulations on thy succesful avoidance o' Sugar Sirens!! Those are tough cookies to beat and thy hath reason to be proud. Water IS a miracle in helping us stay on track. Everytime someone posts about water, I realize I need some, so thanks!

Eydie: How great thy posted words are: "I been CLOSE to bingeing ..." the operative word being "CLOSE!" ... this means thou hast successfully identified the problems and shortcircuited the binge response. Congratulations!!!

I love the Harry Potter books but haven't seen the movies ... other than a trailer here and there ... it is my intention to wait until all the books are written and I've read them all before viewing the films. Might break down before then, though!

Tipper: That was a sweet story about your family. It's odd how funerals bring families together and clarify things between them.

Scooby, thinking about thee!

To all whomsoever Amarantha hath not addressed, likewise she be thinking o' thee and hoping all is well!!! She seeth so many on the roster and hopeth that she hath congratulated all the losers and if she hath not, she hopeth thee know she be spacey and doth indeed congratulate all of thee ... she hopeth to JOIN thee in thy losing soon!!!

Bye-bye! ...
Old 11-15-2002, 01:31 AM   #189  
Empress/Queen

P.S. Amarantha refuseth to go back and correct multiple style and grammar errors above! That would be compulsive!
Old 11-15-2002, 06:18 AM   #190  

Smile Fantastic Friday!

Hello all!

Am relieved my work week is close to an end- Originally had scheduled today off but just didnt work out- too much happening --desk is in too much of an uproar-- I know many would disagree with me but I would rather go in than wonder -- It very well might end up that no one would call or need to look for anything but since we moved seats last Friday, just havent had a chance to finish unpacking--

Was looking at moon last night expecting it to be big and round considering the way the week has been-- Its not--

We have another rainstorm coming in- high winds-- "sheeting rain" for the weekend. More wet dogs !! Maybe get some soup and bread made too.

DH emailed at work yesterday- He was in the computer room and heard the dogs 'screaming'. He was sure they had gotten trapped behind something in the bedroom, possibly hurt.... He went running-- Instead, what he found was one beagle perched on the edge of the bed, leaning up against the window, with the other beagle piggyback the first-- both of the dogs furiously sounding the alarm at a big, tabby cat peacefully washing herself under the tree in our front yard. The cat was not even bothered by the racket ( Must have heard it-- I'm sure the next block could hear it) and was having the time of her life.
Must be a moral in that story somewhere--

Today's thought of the day is:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies." ---Shawshank Redemption

Here's to the best choices all day!
Old 11-15-2002, 08:20 AM   #191  
To love me is a privilege

Fabulous Friday.

I have a general question for anyone who might know. I have injured my back, and my doctor put me on muscle relaxers.
The question is, does anyone think that the muscle relaxers will slow down my metabolism?
Just a thought.

I didn't sleep very well last night. I kept dreaming that someone was chasing me and trying to kill me. I woke up saying "Thank God that was just a dream". I went back to sleep and had the same dream again. Wierd huh?

Well I am going to the Southern Christmas Show tonight. If anyone doesn't know what that is. It is 3 large buildings full of Christmas decorations, gifts, art, they have carolers, and ofcourse food. It is a tradition down here that you go and you get cherry strudel that is made on site. It is great. I hate to break tradition so I am going to split a piece with someone else.

But the up side of this is if you walk trough the whole thing you have walked about 3 miles. So I get my exercise in as well.
What more could a person need.
The feeling of Christmas, strudel, and a 3 mile walk.
LIFE IS GOOD!

Everyone be safe. I heard there is a new terror warning. Those things make me so nervous. With my sister being a flight attendant and her usual route is Washington to San Fran. it makes the stress worse.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:33 AM   #192  
Is it Friday yet?

Thanks everyone... for being so supportive, listening to me rant and tolerating the temper that I will probably have a handle on by the time I'm 50...

It's Friday!!!!

I hit the pillow at 7:30pm, then was back up at 9pm, wide awake for an hour. I need to learn how to shut off my brain - anyone know where the switch is?
I weighed myself this morning and I'm almost back down to where I said I was starting this challenge! Needless to say, I don't think I'm going to loose 10 pounds by 11/28, but I can honestly say I *am* proud of my Curves attendance - 3 times a week for 4 weeks!

Tipper - I'm not sure if muscle relaxers will slow down your metabolism, but they're most likely the cause of your weird dreams! I hope your dreams are better this weekend.

Eydie - Me! Me!! I'm speed re-reading the second book so I can go see Harry Potter either next week, or right before Thanksgiving. I heard it's another long one - almost 3 hours!

Amarantha - Nopers, never been to Yuma. My Dad moved there about 5 years ago. I'm looking forward to seeing the sights and going to Mexico for the first time - he lives about 15 minutes from Alcadones.

Kaylets - I love the Shawshank Redemption! The best Stephen King books/movies aren't all about blood n' guts...
How much you wanna bet that tabby cat was bathing in that spot on purpose??

Well, time to go pay some bills...

Terri
( Punkin o' Friday)
Old 11-15-2002, 11:24 AM   #193  

HI Woman!

Well my eating has gone down hill. I had a binge, but i wanted to however i did feel awful afterwards. I forgot that feeling..not so much fun! I am sure i have gained weight just dont want to check cause i dont feel like being upset about it right now.

So my grandma is still alive.however i wish she would pass..its really hard to see her so hurt(even though im still happy she is alive). She is not feeling anything...morphine and all. My older sister came up and is staying with her during the day. Im thankful for that! I am just praying for my mother and her sister right now. If its hard for me i cant imagine what its like for them.

Thanks for all your support it means so much to me. I feel as if i have a family on here! Its really nice.

As for harry potter...i live with a kid and she cant wait to see it. She is a harry potter nut! I havent read the books but i did see the first movie. It was very sweet and creative! My sister saw the premier..she said it wasnt as good as the first one but the kids will still love it!

TOday is bagel day which is always so hard for me to pass up. However i had my bran shredded wheat and its almost salad time. I would like to eat healthy again since i have been so off lately.

Well talk to you all later and once again all your support is so apprecaited!

Sheryl
Old 11-15-2002, 11:58 AM   #194  
Empress/Queen

Postie from Elbertha Peace, cousin to Elbertine Pep: Good-morning, Turkeyettes. Know everyone is going to have a simply fab day. Thy official poster here, Amarantha, be focused tight on a work deadline and we are all so proud of her for vowing not to post until she is done. Yea, verily!

Kaylets: Amarantha's Old Dog must be a relation to thine own. Right now she be barking at neighbors peacefully pursuing their daily occupations. We be worried this will distract Amarantha from her focus on task, but so far she's doing well. "Thankee for the Thought o' the Day."

Tipper: Methinks it be moot whether muscle relaxers will slow thy metabolism. I sayeth this because if thee be injured, thee cannot exercise and since exercise be a boon to metabolism in the ordinary course o' events, it be to thy metabolic advantage to get thee well as soon as possible, so if the relaxants be called for, then in the long run, they will help the metabolism, thinkest thou?

Punkin: Amarantha sayest she doth not think thee ranteth without cause and ranting be sometimes the road to tranquility. Ranteth on. Amarantha doth not think thou should stop, even when thou reacheth the age o' 50 ... wait a few more decades after that and see if thou wantest to stop then.

Scooby: Amarantha relayeth that she doth NOT think one binge would have put on any actual ... maybe water weight but that's all. Binges happen but it is consistency over time that matters and thou be doing wonderfully. Hang in! Pls keep us up-to-date on thy grandma's situation.

Well, peace be with you all, Thin and Tranquil Turkeyettes!!!! Have a supersmooth day on-program day out there and watch out 'cause Ol' Bob Blob (who loveth to tempt with yumsome treats) be lurking about!
Old 11-15-2002, 02:19 PM   #195  
Is it Friday yet?

I'm sorry... but have I mentioned that IT'S FRIDAY?????

So, I'm sittin' here, eating M&M's (yea, I know...) and just feelin' the love... You guys are the bestest!

Wildfire - Yes, I agree, jealousy is most likely the source of it all. Oh well, as my brother always says when things don't work out for someone he doesn't care for - "sucks for them" (gee... wonder where he got his sarcastic sense of humor?? )

Anagram - Yes, I'm feeling better - thank you! Nose drops and decongestants are the best inventions in the world - ok, next to M&M's...

Scooby - We're here for you whenever you need it. Amazing how nasty binging feels isn't it? Even more amazing is WHY we continue to do it when we feel so lousy afterward... Hang in there and keep us posted. Your family's in my thoughts.

Amarantha - Maybe by the time I'm 70, and have my PhD in Rantology (minoring in Technical Tangent of course) I'll feel the need to quit... Well, at least I can say that my rantings (and crabbing in general) are 99% of the time not an overreaction to something but legitimate.

Actually, I had a huge laugh this morning. I was telling my stepfather (he's the owner) about my fight with our employee (verbatim including all cussing involved) and all he could say when I was done was "that's my baby" - I was shocked! He was PROUD of me for standing my ground and not taking any b.s. from this guy. Normally I put up with a lot - and a lot of times I get semi-trampled because I just let things go - he was happy to see me stand up for myself. He's always told me to get respect from "the guys" that I had to act like one. And that one employee has been really cooperative since our "discussion"...

last lengthy post of the day, I promise!!!

Terri
Closed Thread