Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 03:23 PM   #76  

I'VE GOT WATER. Never thought I could be so excited about a little thing like water,you just don't know how much you will miss it until it is gone. It is the little things like washing hands and wiping faces. The water was turned on just before I left for work so we could check the pipes for leaks everything is ok. We had a fair bit of snow last night, it warmed up a bit during the day but we still have some on the ground.
It was a busy day at work today soim going to go put my feet up for a few minutes before I start doing the dishes and the laundry that didn't get done yesterday.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:27 PM   #77  
Hot Stuff

Busy little pilgrims!

Kaylets, tell your DH I hate to disappoint him, but I don't usually bowl that well. My average this season is only 156, and those scores included handicap. I throw a straight ball, and when I hit the pocket, I get a strike every time. I have bowled a perfect game once. Some nights I'm really, really bad, and other nights are exceptional, like this week. The guys on my team call me their "secret weapon" because when you least expect it, I'll have this incredible game and we'll sweep the opposing team. This is the fourth year I've been in the company league, and never bowled before that. All I do, every time I'm up, is try to throw my strike ball and stay out of the gutter. For the last three years, I've been on the winning team!

Amarantha, give bowling a spin! It can be a lot of fun, and there's nothing like throwing around a 12lb ball to give your arm a workout! Save me a seat in that spa...sounds heavenly. Non-dairy creamer? Maybe a SlimFast would have been less evil in this circumstance? Some of the LC dinners aren't bad. I prefer the Healthy Choice Bowls, though, when I'm stuck for something quick.

Anagram, glad to hear you're in better spirits. Don't beat yourself up over some indulgence with a friend. Life is going to present these situations, and sometimes we're going to give in and enjoy a treat. Realizing that it should only be an occasional occurence and getting back on track is the important thing, and you did that!

Babette and Eydie, I hope you are both feeling better! It's so nice to see you both again! I've been hanging out on the Alternative Forum lately. Babette, isnt NF a wonderful place?

dollar, glad you got your water back. Water is a good thing.

Tipper, you're going to win this & challenge! One little treat bag is never enough, so why give in?

Must go call the landlady about the stove that is dying. I fear it's bad wiring and I want it replaced before we go up in smoke!
Old 11-07-2002, 05:59 AM   #78  

Smile Terrfic Thursday!

Hello All!!

Is it just me or has this been the longest stretch from Monday to today? Maybe only if you've been working -- !!
Imagine those on vacation thought it went by quickly!

Wildfire: Havent told DH yet but he'll be sure to ask for a map to the "pocket" - My average is only 130 and that's trying my hardest so 156 looks good from here-- DH's noticed his average climbed nearly 15 pts since season beginning once he became more fit. Another NonScaleVictory!!!!

Tipper and Aramantha- you both are very brave to have temptation staring back at you-- Good luck- I can't do it- my hat's off to you!

Dollar- Isnt it true how our perspective can so quickly change?? what we take most for granted? I can relate - everytime there's a power outage I always am suprised at how dependent I am but so unappreciative unless its 'off'.

Babette- Now really, was there ever a doubt? Anybody here would've told you the same thing-- Definitely PREFERRED.

Anagram: Suprising your metabolism may be exactly the right thing!

Thanks Boatingmommy!! With that vote I'll be glad to share today's thought as well:

"It is funny about life: if you refuse to accept anything but the very best you will very often get it." -- W. Somerset Maugham

Old 11-07-2002, 07:42 AM   #79  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry recovering

I'm going to take it easyish today, because I can! I suggested some less arduous work for myself to my editor, and he, splendid fellow that he is, went for it. So I should be able to hit my work target this week (really trying to avoid that end o' month ****) despite being ill and it being the first week of the month. I've been getting 1 1/2 hours of exercise a day, but most of it is very gentle: yoga, tai chi, qi qong, and some walking. I did circuit training this morning and felt better afterwards. Today I plan to work for a bit and then take a break, and repeat as necessary. Ended up doing a lot of housework yesterday, so I don't have to really do much of it today.

Kaylets, aren't you the sweetest! And thanks for giving us the "thought for today" - always makes the day start out better!

Wildfire, you got it! Nfld is knock your socks off, make you yell and screech FANTASTIC! It was a real revelation to me, coming from domesticated little PEI. So wild! And I've always been struck by the atmosphere. I remember feeling in Europe that you could feel the weight of history, that all the centuries of civilization in densely populated areas, everything that had happened left its mark. Very neat. And then in NFLD it felt the opposite, that the atmosphere was so wild, full of this crazy energy. I want to go back, to both places.

Amarantha, I also want to get to the Southwest. It seems like a place where spiritual energy gathers, for some reason. What an amazing world we live in!

Dollar, so glad you've got water again! I know that luxurious feeling of having all the water you need after going without - enjoy!

Tipper, I like your idea with the M&Ms. Makes them so symbolic! I've known people to do the same thing with cigs when they quit smoking.

Anagram, congrats on the .6 -- nice start on the challenge! I'm definitely a "slow but steady" loser (when I'm losing ) I guess I could say it's my body's policy

Boatingmommy, glad you found us again! We should have left a trail of candy wrappers leading from the Halloween challenge

Eydie, hope you're feeling better!

Let's get out there and make this a great day. Love to all!
Old 11-07-2002, 08:01 AM   #80  
To love me is a privilege

Good morning to all. Today is day two for me. I have actually droped 3 pounds since yesterday. I figure it is all water. My husband and I jogged a mile then I did 20 minutes of pilates. I am finding out that pilates is a lot harder then I thought. My lower stomach aches. But that is a good thing.

Good luck to all you bowlers. The one time I tried my ball went flying backwards. Luckily no one was injured.

Wildfire: I hope you got your oven problems fixed.

Anagram: Way to go on the .6 drop. You are well on your way.

Make to best of today.
My m&m's are still there.
Tipper
Old 11-07-2002, 09:19 AM   #81  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Default Planning turkey dinner, YIKES!!!

HOWDY!!! Beautiful morning here in Illinois. It's supposed to get up to 60 degrees today. It has been in the upper forties for the past two weeks, so a little extra warmth is a blessing. I'm going to get out there this afternoon and put the patio furniture in the tool shed. My trees are still full of leaves in a variety of slendid fall colors. I love the way it looks around here in the fall!

I was a good girl yesterday. Watched the intake and did my excercise tape. I have started eating more fiberous foods. I had a bowl of Kashi in the morning, and changed to 10 grain bread, increased fruit and all. I seem to be at a weight stand still. Can't get that scale to move! I guess I will just have to try harder. Don't want to do the starvation thing, so I will try and do an hour of aerobic and weight training tape.

I'm with Babette today. I am going to take it easyish because I can. I am working at home today. I have about 6 must do tasks, but should have some time in the afternoon to get a little housework done and carry my Dept. 56 collection down from the attic. I have the New England Village series and can put it up a little early since it doesn't look too Christmasy.

Well, everyone have a great day!

Boatingmommy
Old 11-07-2002, 09:46 AM   #82  
deleted2

Wow! I'm gone for one day and just look at all the posts! I can relate to the water being out because my electricity was out for 10 hours yesterday. No lights, heat, water, phone or anything! Today, though, I'm feeling alittle sheepish about how frustrated it made me. Oh well.....I blame it on feeling sick.

Speaking of that, I'm feeling somewhat better. Did a Pilates tape this morning, that is, I tried, and my heart just wasn't in it. Head's still stuffy and I wasn't catching all the cues so I think I was just flailing about! I've got to be more gentle with myself when I'm not feeling well....

I've decide that I'm going to weigh myself every Thursday. I did this morning and I weigh 149 pounds!!!!! How'd that happen?! I even recalibrated the scale and it's right. So there's a drop of 4 pounds. Not because I've been sick--my appetite hasn't been affected. I was talking to a friend yesterday about how distressed I was that I couldn't keep my calories down. The body is so weird---you just never know. Not that I'm complaining!

Old 11-07-2002, 10:20 AM   #83  

HI
Well im back from nj. Mom my had her breast removed. I saw my mom and she looks really good. The hospital said she was going ot be in there for a while...and that they will take good care of her. So im so thankful. Thanks for all your prayers and wishes.

My diets been bad but i am working on getting back on it. I worked out last nite and this morning. However the eating is a little off. I will have to work on that.

I hope all is doing well with there diets and i have been reading your past posts...very cool

Sheryl
Old 11-07-2002, 10:25 AM   #84  
To love me is a privilege

Scooby:
I am glad to hear your mother is doing well. Take care of yourself so that you will be healthy for her.
Tipper
Old 11-07-2002, 11:04 AM   #85  
Is it Friday yet?

The amazing Pilgrim Participants!!!

Scooby - 186 goal 180
Bobsgal - 251 goal 245
Dollar - 199.2 goal 193.2
Amarantha - 165 goal 161
Anagram - 229.4 goal 225 (-.6!)
Punkin - 238 goal 232
Babette - 217 goal 209
Hotsplash - 177 goal 169
Whisper - 187 goal 180
Jadcie - 180 goal 175
BoatingMommy - 169 goal 165
Eydie - 153 goal 145 (-4.0!)
Wildfire - 178 goal 173
Tipper - 209 goal 200 (-3.0!)

Get outta here fluffy!!!
Old 11-07-2002, 11:23 AM   #86  
Is it Friday yet?

I have a spiffy new kitchen sink! No new counter though, which is fine, he was able to fix mine without replacing. I was thrilled, anything to get him outta my house fast. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but "sexist opinionated redneck" is an understatement!! Well, sometimes I have to remind myself I *do* live in hick-ville...

Scooby - I'm so relieved your Mom is doing good. I will keep her in my thoughts for her continued recovery.

Kaylets - No, it's not just you. It's been a looooooong week (which is almost over!! )

Anagram - Congrats on the loss - now will ya throw out that scarlet P????? Ya don't need it, we won't allow it and it doesn't match a thing you wear. There!

Babette - No new news, we've always "preferred" you and didn't think you were "regular" Congrats on the healthy upgrade!

Dollar - Coooool, cleeeear water (water, water....) Ok, so the cowboy poetry is still going though my head over a month later...
Glad your water's back on!!

Wildfire - Don't forget those bowling butt muscles!!! If it's been a long time since I've thrown a ball, my butt, hamstring and quads huuuurt the next day! Good exercise!

I better get to work... back later!

Terri
Old 11-07-2002, 12:00 PM   #87  

Good morning everyone well it is almost the afternoon. I to have the chance to take it easy toda, just finished the errands i neede to run and it is almost time for my grandsons nap and I will do so housework while he is napping but not much. Tomorrow im taking him to the sitter and Im off to enjoy the day with a freind, I may even go looking for a new outfit for an up coming Christmas party, don't want to buy it just yet because Im still losing and I don't want it to be too big by the end of the month, i will probably go the week of the dance to buy it but at least for now i can shop around. Well time to get the little guy some lunch. Glad everyone is starting to feel better.
Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? I felt very bad for those ladies with the addiction to food and it makes me more determined to reach my goal. All of us here should be very proud because we have all taken things into our own hands and being responsible for our weight in doing the right thing to lead healthier lifestyles. BIG CHEER FOR US ALL!!!
Old 11-07-2002, 12:59 PM   #88  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Unhappy Damn addiction to food!

Why is it I never catch the Oprahs and Dr. P's that have good weight-loss stuff? Just figured out that it's because i almost never watch the shows anyway. I'm going to have a look to see if that episode is on again today somewhere.

Addiction to food: That's what I'm up against for sure. So like any other addiction, except that we can't just give it up!

Fighting the good fight and seem to be on top at the mo!
Old 11-07-2002, 01:55 PM   #89  
Empress/Queen

Yikes!!! Determined to get through all the school BORED writing before posting ... halfway there, at any rate!!! Quickie post and feel bad because I can't reply to all the great posts here right now ... but that's good because we've got all this great spirit going and WE WILL SUCCEED!!! Eydie, Anagram and Tipper are on their way and the rest will follow!!! Yay to the THREE BANANA WINNERS WE HAVE SO FAR ... Punkin, I love the way you've marked them with bananas ... thanks for all thy efforts on our behalf!!

I saw some of the Oprah (sp?) weight loss show yesterday also ... fell asleep or I'd have watched it all. Found what O had to say very good and wish she'd have this topic on all the time. I remind myself that (as O said) I am medicating myself with food to feel better but being overweight feels worse than what I would suffer without the food ... I think, anyway.

Got to continue working or I'll lose focus!!!
Old 11-07-2002, 04:14 PM   #90  
deleted2

Scooby, I'm so glad your mom's doing well. We were all wondering!

Hey, I just have to go all touchy-feely here for a minute and say how much I love our group's focus. With all this juicy motivation we can't fail!

Closed Thread