Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 03:24 PM   #196  
To love me is a privilege

Punkin:

I know how you feel. I work with 30 guys. All of who would walk right over me if I didn't stand up to them. Or worse yet act like them. You know what I mean. When they start those stupid man jokes you have to laugh along too. Even though you are thinking to yourself how stupid can one human being be.

I think working with all these men affects my weight.
They are such men. The gauk ( I think I spelled that right) at everything that comes in and comment about if for 30 minutes after she leaves.
My sister came in one day. (A size 4 all her life) They said some things I didn't take to kindly to so I had to "NIP IT IN THE BUD" as quickly as I could.

Oh well. Sometimes I wish there was another women here that I could talk to.

But I have you guys for that.

I was just thinking how good some penut & 's would be right now. But I am saving it for my strudel tonight.
Old 11-15-2002, 03:32 PM   #197  

MMMM i like M&Ms. However im much more of a cake person. Im glad we can admit when we eat poorly or not the right choice. Cause i had some cheese doodles today and feel guilty...oh well.

I dont think im going to lose any weight this month and i hope i dont gain...but i might. I am going to have to work on my mental attitude. Im getting frustrated with people in my life telling me that i have accomplished so much bye losing the weight and that i worked to hard to put the weight back on. And im just in such a struggle and i dont think i can keep the weight off. Maybe my will is just not there. However people think since i made it this far that its easier to keep the weight off when its not.

What are peoples favorite healthy snack?

Pumpkinseed i think its important to have a voice....far to many women dont have one. I know that sometimes i should have a bigger voice but to timid too. I admire u.

Tipper i know about nitemares.. i have them all the time. I really believe to dreams there are some deeper hitting meanings. Is someone in your life creating fear or anxiety for you? Could be work related or anything for that matter. After a bad dream i try to analyze it. Some times they are just to funky too.
I hope you have a better rest this weekend!

So anyone have good plans for the weekend?

Well post soon..have to head back to work!
Sheryl
Old 11-15-2002, 03:35 PM   #198  

I like working with all guys however my guys are computer programmers...different breed! Good guys...i work with one other lady but for years i worked with all guys. The men are older..like 35 however i dont hang out enough to see the guy side. Im sure i would get upset with that if i did.
Old 11-15-2002, 03:44 PM   #199  
To love me is a privilege

Scooby:

My favorite health snack are carmel rice cakes. They used to make blueberry ones that were great but I haven't been able to find those lately.

I am 35 years old. The guys are 35 and older. We are commercial hardware distributers and we sale to general contractors. And we all know how construction workers are not to mention Salesmen in the construction industry.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:25 PM   #200  

OH god tipper yea that sounds like the men would be burely *** holish men. I guess i used to work with women in the office...a different place from where i am now and they were so catty and annoying so when i found only men i was so happy!
Old 11-15-2002, 04:38 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

I have done the evil weigh in and have amazing lost 2 lbs...down 180...only 3 to go to get back to starting weight...Can I readjust my goal like we did in the Scary Halloween challenge? I'd like my goal to be 175...if' that's ok with all you pilgrims out there! Have a wonderful weekend folks!
Old 11-15-2002, 05:30 PM   #202  

Punkinseed could you please change my current weight to 198.6 sorry to be picky but every little bit counts. work has been busy this week and it hasn't helped that my grandson has been sick all week. I went out to eat last night with the girls from work and I manage to stay op I had the rainbow trout baked potato vegies and soup. Sorry got to run Im making dinner.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:57 PM   #203  
Is it Friday yet?

Progress o' the Pilgrims!

Scooby - 186 goal 180
Bobsgal - 251 goal 245
Dollar - 199.2 goal 193.2 (-.6) CURRENT 198.6
Amarantha - 165 goal 161
Anagram - 229.4 goal 225 (-1.4!) CURRENT 223.6
Punkin - 238 goal 232
Arabella - 217 goal 209 (-2.0) CURRENT 215
Hotsplash - 177 goal 175 (-2.0) CURRENT 180
Whisper - 187 goal 180
Jadcie - 180 goal 175
BoatingMommy - 169 goal 165
Eydie - 153 goal 145 (-4.0!) CURRENT 149
Wildfire - 178 goal 173 (-1.0) CURRENT 177
Tipper - 209 goal 200 (-5.0!) CURRENT 204

Onward and downward!!

Last edited by Punkinseed; 11-15-2002 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-15-2002, 06:02 PM   #204  
Hot Stuff

Okay, okay....I weighed this morning and I am definitely down one pound, wavering on two. So put it down as one pound, and can I have a banana, too?

I wasn't going to weigh until the 28th, but curiosity got the better of me. (Curiosity may have killed the cat, but satisfaction brought her back!!!)

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Old 11-15-2002, 06:10 PM   #205  
Is it Friday yet?

You may have a dancing banana my dear! I've also changed Babette to the new and improved Arabella, amended Hotsplashes Turkey goal and added current weights so that maybe we can see our progress better!

Ya likey??
(note to self - don't do updates late on Friday afternoon because brain is fried, making simple math near imposible)

Anywhoooo, time for me to go get changed for Curves . It looks like it's going to be a wonderfully rainy weekend - brake out the candles, throw blanket and good book!

Enjoy! See ya Monday!

Terri *snort*
(I am , because it is Friday)
Old 11-15-2002, 07:06 PM   #206  

Smile Still Friday!

Hello all!!

Glad to see so many stopped by !!

Had a long discussion w/ my boss today. I don't expect much to change but it felt good to know she was interested enough to listen.

scale looked very promising this am but seems like sometimes Friday's are a carrot to keep OP during the weekend so that the official weighin day on Monday will show the same lower weight.
Silly where our brains go isnt it?

favorite snack someone asked-- I still love a crisp red delicious apple but nothing tops Chocolate sugar free pudding. Its worth the points and has saved me many times.

I enjoyed Shawshank Redemption too and was pleased to find the quote.

just reading the word strudel makes my mouth water!!

Will be checking in later but need to move the laundry from one machine to the other- I love to start it on Friday nights-- Makes me feel like I'm getting ahead on things!! ( like I said, silly where our brains go isnt it!)

Old 11-15-2002, 08:54 PM   #207  
Hot Stuff

Punkin, I likey! Thanks for the

We are supposed to get SNOW here tomorrow! Not much, just enough to make it look cold outside. I'm off to the fabric store tomorrow....got the bug to make some long skirts I can wear with boots for the winter.

Kaylets, since you're so far ahead of the laundry game, why don't you drop by and do mine tomorrow?

Hey, we've collectively lost 16lbs so far. 16lbs....that's a good-sized turkey!
Old 11-15-2002, 09:12 PM   #208  
Empress/Queen

Default Night falleth ...

And Amarantha floateth away in a sea o' tranquility once again. (Translation: Good on-program day, feeling calm, though a bit depressed)!!!

Punkin: I love those bananas! Thanks for doing our roster ... it be fun to see everyone's progress, whether it be maintenance or banana time! Going to have a for myself come Sunday, so be thou on notice, I be hanging on for Monday and my update on the weight loss I KNOW is coming!!! If not, of course, I shall have to throw Demon Scale into the cactus where no one will ever find him again and he'll wish he cooperated.

HOTSPLASHIE!!! KUDOS TO THEE ON THY TWO- LOSSAGE!!! Woo-hooos be in order! Fantastico!

WILDFIRE!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THY PARTING O' WAYS WITH ONE PLUS MORE !!!! GREAT WORK!

Scooby: My fav snack used to be Slimfast ... now it has reverted to my all-time favorite food period ... just nonfat milk, the kind they put carrageen (sp?) in for extra flavor. I guess to make it a snack, I sometimes add nonfat powdered French Vanilla coffee creamer and shake it into a milkshake. Coffee creamer per se be not really very great for me ... the liquid kind I tend to want to drink straight, but the powder is controllable. But creamer has hydrogenated oil (thusly it has transfat), but the zero fat variety can only have a trace since it has only a trace of fat period.

My next favorite snack is (sigh) Cheetos. I've posted this silly thing before, but Cheetos remind me of a perfect day I had when I was five and I was eating one of these and the sun was shining, I had a friend, a family and a future and didn't appreciate any of these things, just knew I liked the way the Cheeto was constructed and its pretty orange color and crispy cheese flavor. Food obsession started early on with me, though I was a very thin child. I control Cheetoes ok now by buying bulk packages of the little snack size ... never the size in convenience stores and check-out counters that has 560 calories ... because if I did, I'd eat them all in the car between interviews. But if I have a 180-calorie tiny size bag at home or even in the car, that's satisfying. Please tell me, guys, why anyone needs a 560-calorie bag of fried, cheese-flavored, corn puffs? The good news is that Frito-Lay is going to take the hydrogenated oil out of Cheetoes soon, so no more transfat. I wonder if they'll taste different if they don't contribute to heart disease?

Oh, that was supposed to be about healthy snacks ... guess the nonfat milk qualifies. I adore milk and could probably live on it exclusively.

Dollar: Thou be doing great and are so right! Every bit counts as the s fall off bit by bit. Rainbow trout soundeth so good! Haven't had that in years!

Tipper: We still have the blueberry rice cakes in our stores here. I have to put peanut butter on rice cakes, though, as they be so high glycemic and maketh me hungry otherwise. I like the chocolate-caramel ones the best!

To all: Have a great night or weekend if thee (thou?) can't post until Monday! Verily, Amarantha hath much deadline stuff this weekend but will probably post anon!
Old 11-15-2002, 09:28 PM   #209  
deleted2

Love seeing all those bananas!!!! Congrats to Hotsplashes and Wildfire for releasing those pounds back into the wild!

Punkin, my husband works at a library and he loves to hook old ladies up with non-horror Stephen King, like 'The Girl Who Loved Tom Gorton' or "Shawshank"!
By the way, saw "Chamber of Secrets" today and it was....words fail me...GLORIOUS! I'm STILL waiting for my letter from Hogwarts.....

Scooby, my favorite snack this time of year are clementines---those little seedless tangerines that show up in the market this time of year; they're usually sold in little crates. They're sweet, seedless and easy to peel! And sublime with a couple of squares of chocolate on the side.

Old 11-15-2002, 10:08 PM   #210  

Talking NEW ON THE TURKEY PAGE!!

hELLO ,MY NAME IS SENAMAY ,AMARANTHA TOLD ME ABOUT THIS PAGE.THANKS TO HER. WELL IF THIS NOTE GETS TOO YA GUYS, I;D LIKE TO JOIN ALSO. RIGHT KNOW I WEIGH 247, AND SINCE THERES ONLY 13 DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING, I GUESS MY GOAL WOULD BE TO WEIGH 242. THATS DOABLE. THANKS GUYS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH I LOOK FORWARD TO MY TIME ON THE COMPUTER, BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT I DO. READ AND GET MOTIVATED. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL. LET ME KNOW IF THERES A CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE.HOHOHO LATER AND LIGHTER, SENAMAY
Closed Thread