Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-23-2010, 12:41 PM   #541  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

MisterMisfit - Take a

I always find if I am feeling down or tempted to go off plan a walk really helps. It helps me clear my mind and it takes me away from all that evil tempting food in the house.

I always feel soooo much better after a long walk.

Hang in there
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 PM   #542  
kcx

S/C/G: 212.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My second official weigh in today, and I was really worried I wouldn't lose anything (just based on weighing myself throughout the week), but it all came together this morning I guess and I am down .6lb. It's not my ideal, but I did do quite a bit of indulging this week and used a lot of my flex points so I'm glad I'm down at all. Edit Ugh, I'm so stupid... I thought I only lost .6 lb, but when I went to change my ticker, I realized I was 205.8 last week, not 205.2 like I thought! So, at 204.6, I actually lost 1.2! happy mistake

Now, I've got a new start this week!

Points goal: 28

Slept in today, so I started with lunch: Lean Cuisine Fettichini Alfredo (6)

Snack: 1 cup blueberries (1)

Lunch: Big salad with croutons, RF cheese, ranch dressing, and grilled chicken (6)

At work munchies: 2 Fiber One 90 calorie bars (2), 1 cup cherries (1)

Dinner: Lean Cuisine Chicken Florentine (8)

Dessert: Pretzel M&Ms (3)

Late Night Snack: Vitamuffin (1)

Last edited by kcx; 08-23-2010 at 12:58 PM.
kcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #543  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

abidabbi, I am with Lauren 100%. Please don't go back to unhealthy things. You are doing so well. I have the same issue with working out but it's because I want results now. The one thing I am learning with all of this is nothing comes easy (even though it's said quite a bit here, until I get it doesn't matter). It seems no matter how hard we work things just don't come fast enough. But with all you've done and all you are doing, your rewards will be great just give your body time. Like you told me I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT

Andy again I am with Lauren. It makes me feel good to walk. I really do feel so much better while I'm outdoors and when I come in. You know when you are starting to feel down you should really think about coming here. You will feel better talking with people that understand your moods and no judging. Hope you feel better.

kcx great on the .6 down. Yay to new weeks and new starts

Last edited by love2b150; 08-23-2010 at 01:05 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #544  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Abidabbi Are you sore from working out so much? If you are, you could be holding on to water weight. I have personally done this before. I don't think you should drop your calories.

Vixsin I'm glad your date went well. Great job on the 3 pounds!

Jensmith 1.4 pounds is not bad. I can guarantee that mine would be higher than that! Congrats on scoring a treadmill and elliptical!

Love2B Maybe you can make goals without setting a date to them. I don't set goals to date because if something goes wrong I don't want to feel like I failed. I don't want to have to compromise losing weight the right way just to meet a goal. Everyone's psyche is different. I don't even know that I would feel like I failed if I didn't meet the deadline. Some months I lose more and some months less, so I wouldn't really know how to put a date to a goal.

Blueridge Great job in getting closer to you ticker weight. You always eat so well/healthy.

Lauren How is Kammi?

KCX Ha Ha I wish I could make those mistakes. Great job!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #545  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

LaurenA and Love2b thanks, I worked so hard (on my own) to break the habits I had formed. And I did it. I've had occasional blips but I used to throw up 3x a day, sometimes more. I was so tempted today to say screw it, I'm buying biscuits and chocolate. But I didn't. I won't go the gym today but I have formed my decent habits with food and I won't break them. Thanks for your kind words

Diana I really hope it's that, because I worked so hard! And I hurt all over! I'm getting quite fit now but even 3500 is going some for me, thats a total of about 6 hours cardio this week and about 2 hours weights and situps (which I don't count in cals)....here's hoping. I think you're right, I can't really reduce my calories any more xxxx
abidabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #546  
~Rennie

Diana I like the goals it gives me something to look forward to. Trust me I know there is no quick way for me to drop the weight or I would be thinner, . I'll continue to do it the way I'm doing it. I actually like my new life style change. And every time I learn something new it makes it even better. I can't believe I actually love going for my walks. And still with all that said, you will hear me scream from VA to SC if that scale doesn't read 170 on 9/6 {{{{BIG BIG GRIN}}}}. I'm OK, I know I must stay on plan to achieve my goals. I don't know if you noticed my ultimate goal use to be 150, then I changed it to 144 now it's 136. (not going any lower) I just want out of the 70's

Last edited by love2b150; 08-23-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #547  
~Rennie

abidabbi, since you are sore, maybe just take a walk for a few days. I'm glad you are sticking with the great habits you've formed.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #548  
Trying to live below 200

Love2B See you know what will work with your Psyche. I have thought about setting goals to date, but it scares me. I do have a couple goals, but I don't like the date thing. Maybe it's because I have been working on my "lifestyle" change, this time, since Jan '08. I went through a time of trying to get my thyroid meds adjusted again. For a while there, no matter what I did, I could not lose any weight because my meds were too low.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-23-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:25 PM   #549  
~Rennie

Diana this is the first time I have ever called it or considered it I should say "a lifestyle change". It was always some diet to lose weight fast that never worked. I learned the Lifestyle change here. I have been on this up and down weight roller coaster forever it seems but I never stuck with anything. I also thought that if I got close to 200 or just under that I looked better and would stop. I played my own mind games. Even when I got up to a size 22 which I refused to buy and could fit into a 20 I would still stop whatever I was doing. My DH never once said anything to me about weight so I always thought I looked good. I do know for sure, without a doubt that if it weren't for you all and 3FC I would have given up at the first stall. I know I keep saying that because I need to remind myself sometimes that I am not done and when I think I want to stop, yes I have thought about it. I can still come here and see how far I have come, how I've arrived at this point and know that I may help someone along with helping myself.
I love helping myself <--- personal achievements I think what is getting to me with the Labor Day thing is that I have had since 7/5 to make a difference and if I didn't mess up I could be closer. But that's one thing about weight loss, just because you see 174 today if surely does not mean that you will see 173 tomorrow or the next day or next week ... OK I'll stop talking now thanks Diana and everyone for being you. I love talking to you everyday.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:49 PM   #550  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

kcx - Well done on that 1.2lb loss!

Diana - Thanks for asking. She is doing a lot better, we have started getting her back onto her normal food and her nose is healing

abidabbi - I am so proud of you, chocolate and biscuits are hard to resist but you did it! If you ever need to vent you go ahead and do that here, we'll always be right here - ready to offer you any kind of support or motivation you need I'm with love2b150 glad to see you sticking to your healthy lifestyle choices

Diana & love2b150 - I am scared of goals related to timelimes. I don't want to be dissapointed if I don't reach goals in a certain period of time and then turn to food for comfort and out of frustration - back to old habits.

Last edited by L R K; 08-23-2010 at 04:50 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #551  

S/C/G: 260/244.8/190

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks Ladies. Sorry I missed you all over the weekend, it was a tough one. We had the funeral on Saturday and that was pretty hard. I'm glad we opted to not take the kids. It was good to go because it made it real. All of last week seemed like this horrible joke someone had played on the town. I'm glad that it is over so that we can all start to heal. My kids started asking questions yesterday after not seeing this little boy in church. We explained that he is in heaven now. My son is mad and my daughter just agreed with what we said. Everything always has to get worse before it gets better....Lord, give me strength...

I went to the Dr today. Its a monthly thing because I'm anemic. She put me on an anti-depressant so that I don't fall too far into a funk. I'm actually kind of grateful that she did. At least now I know the days will be a little easier to handle. She also gave me a script for Phentermine, to aid in the weight loss. Anyone ever taken this? The scale just isn't moving they way she said it should be all things considered. I've changed my diet, I've been moving more and I don't really have a whole to show for it. We'll see how it goes. She wants me in the 1400-1600 calorie range, so I guess I'm doing calories instead of points for a while.

Today's calories: 1600

Breakfast: 8oz sweet tea, stick of gum ~ 58 calories
Lunch: 2 1/4c grilled veggies, 12 cherry tomatoes, water ~ 271
Snack: 1 no-bake cookie , 8oz 1% milk ~ 296 calories
Supper: 3oz grilled chicken, 1 1/2c grilled zucchini, 1c mac & cheese
Snack while movie watching: PB & J

Water: 100oz
Total Calories: 1772
Movement: none ...tomorrow will be better

Last edited by springjacka; 08-24-2010 at 07:34 AM.
springjacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #552  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Thanks for all the support guys, I love this thread, it makes me realise you don't have to live in the same country as someone to make a friend

Today was ok...
B - Fruit and fibre and a banana (350)
L - Quorn sausages x 2 (120) and half a tin of beans (150)
D - WW soup (90)

Total - 710 :/ not too high I hope it's ok...Was trying to have a 500cal day today...never mind I also had a hot chocolate too, but I tend to not include drinks because I mostly have water and tea with sweetener...

Hope everyone's ok, happy helathy and OP x x x
abidabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:32 PM   #553  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1575 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber English muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (360 calories)
Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
4 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 60 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Cape cod reduced fat chips 100 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
Fried Crawfish 150 calories
Salad w/ranch 150 calories
Bread w/butter 150 calories
Steamed veggies 100 calories
Grilled Pork Chop 300 Calories

Exercise:
~TF Fire 55 EZ
Old 08-23-2010, 08:41 PM   #554  
Trying to live below 200

Spring I hope you start feeling better. I know you have had a rough time.

abidabbi If you are sore you are probably holding onto water weight. I hope you feel better tomorrow. No we don't have to be in the same country. We are all good, decent people, dealing with the same issues.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #555  
~Rennie

Lauren I don't know if I have ever turned to food for comfort. I just ate to eat. When I was upset I wouldn't eat at all. I do have to follow some kind of schedule otherwise I will eat all day. This I know. On another note if I don't make my goal I'll just come here, vent to you all and you'll pick me up and put me on my feet and prepare me for the next day Glad Kammi is better.

Springjacka, glad things are getting better. Maybe your daughter could explain it to your son. Kids tend to take things better coming from another little person. Our children are really great at comforting one another and me Blessings to you, your family and the town.

Abidabbi, I've heard anything under 1000 calories a day isn't healthy. I have done it a few times but not intentionally it just happened that way because I wasn't hungry. But I sure make up for it the next day. I count all drinks that have calories. I'm glad we are all friends also and from all over the place is great.