Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-18-2010, 08:41 PM   #451  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinFit View Post
[Diana - Today I did TJ Cardio Party. I admit that I am an exercise video addict. Now I just need to put them all to use. I have 40 or more FIRMs including BS1, BS2, BS3, TransFirmer, TransFirmation, Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, WATP, Rockin Body, Jillian Michaels, The Biggest Loser. Now I'm thinking about getting Zumba.[/FONT]
It does sound like you have a collection! Are you familiar with Video Fitness? Maybe I already asked you that, I can't remember.

http://www.videofitness.com/
http://forum.videofitness.com/

Have you gotten the newest Firm, yet? It's called Calorie Explosion. Most people are getting it from Target right now.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #452  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Love2B Great job getting that walk in!

I have decided that I like the new mustard that I just bought. It's called Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Sometimes strong mustard bothers my stomach. This one is not strong at all. I have used it for two days and it hasn't bothered me. Keeping my fingers crossed. http://brands.kraftfoods.com/GreyPou...tards/mild.htm

Total Approx 1585 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (390 calories)
EarthGrains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
4 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 60 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Yoplait Strawberry Greek Yogurt 130 calories

Dinner (830 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi Tacos 600 Calories
Sauce 100 calories
Greek Yogurt 130 Calories

Exercise:
~Standing Abs from Exercise TV
~100 Jump Ropes
~Incredible Abs from Exercise TV
~100 Jump Ropes
~Ab Jam From Turbo Jam
~100 Jump Ropes
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:52 PM   #453  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks GettinFit, I hope so too.

Diana I was determined, I had to trick the kids. They thought we were just dropping their sister off at work But they were fine once we got there. I have great kids. I'll have to try the mild. I didn't get the L/C orange chicken today but I will tomorrow, along with that Artic ice cream. Going North where the good stores are .

Well I wasn't hungry before I went to Bible Study but of course it's 10 something and I am hungry Laughing ... Go figure.

Breakfast (335)
Kashi heart to heart, skim, V8, 1/2 grapefruit, *I made an omelet with egg beaters spinach and swiss, I think I may have eaten 3 bites and I was done.

Snack (200)
Slim fast peanut butter crunch bar, Fiesta dip with 5 chips

Lunch (352)
T/S Potato cheddar soup with a cup of broccoli and 1/2c corn, 1/2 grapefruit and 1/2c grapes

Snack (150)
Fit & Active peach yogurt and 38 oyster crackers

Dinner (240)
Slim Fast chocolate shake and V8 fusion

Total calories 1277
Water 96ozs plus 32ozs decaf green tea
Exercise 3 miles track and an attempt at the 30 day Shred

Well I'm pooped gonna call it a night. Have a wonderful night's rest. See ya in the morning
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #454  
~*Sara*~

S/C/G: 332.8/293.6/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjacka View Post
Thank you Vixsin, LaurenA, fashin, Diana, love2b150, quietstorm & penguin. I appreciate your support ladies! I really, really do.

Its going to be another rough day. I've got to go see our friends today. I couldn't bring myself to do it yesterday. I don't know what to say to them when one of their 3 year old twins is gone and I still have my 3 year old to hug and hold every night. How do I comfort them during this horrible, horrible time? Our entire community is grieving. Our town is small enough that everybody knows everybody else. There is this heaviness over the town and nobody knows what to do. I'm just so sad...

A positive in the midst of all this sadness was I won my fight with the pantry/frig tug-of-war that I had going on yesterday. I didn't binge at supper or after my son's football practice when we all had a little ice cream. I was OP the whole day and finished 3 points under budget. I haven't been drinking enough water and I am going to do my best to get that back under control today.

If anyone has an extra thought or prayer they could send my way, I would greatly appreciate it.

Daily Points: 30
Breakfast: hot tea ~ 0 points
Dinner: chips & salsa ~ 5.5 points
Supper: tortilla w/ 1/2c mozzarella, 1c zucchini, 1/2c onion, 1 lg potato (all grilled veggies), 1 can dr pepper ~ 14 points

Water: 60oz
Total Points: 26.5

Thanks again ladies for the support! I don't know what I would do without this outlet.
I saw my friend for a while. I couldn't stay too long. It hurts too much ... and I'm on the outside looking in. I can't imagine her pain. The funeral is set for Saturday morning. Its going to be a long week. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers - I appreciate it and I know my friends family does as well.

I am hoping tomorrow I can find a little extra energy and get on the treadmill. I haven't walked this week and I am feeling it. Who knows, maybe it'll help improve my mood a little as well...
I wish there were words to say that would help with all the pain the community and everyone is feeling and going through. I'm so sorry to hear about this...it breaks my heart. This brings up an excellent topic of trying to lose weight and make your life healthy is hard enough on it's own, then to add life tragedies on top of that (or even daily obstacles) it makes losing weight so much more of a challenge. Stay strong and allow time to take it's role in helping everyone grieve and move along. I don't know how you would move on, but you do continue to move along..It's so hard , though.
KeepLookinFwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:16 PM   #455  
~*Sara*~

Another busy hectic day for me.. dealing with people's animals they will not take care of.. having to choose to spay and neuter some stray cats, take care of kittens as well. It's emotionally hard for me to deal with people that won't take care of their animals.. I can't take care of them all, and it's so sad to me. I have more to deal with tomorrow, and possibly the next. I have been having pains in my thigh and hips today, TOTM issues.. I'm feeling very hungry all the time ( I know it mostly psychological, but still doesn't make it any easier). I went over my points today. Honestly I just stopped keeping track. It's so hard when I know I'm having a mentally bad day to keep working on my food journal. What I felt like today is "It's already ruined..I'll start fresh tomorrow".. which is a bad outlook, I know. But I am being accountable and writing all this to hold myself accountable! I really am going to try and drink a good amount of water tomorrow.. I have not been thirsty or really in the mood for drinking anything the last few days. I feel very blah and still having pains in my thighs and hips (almost feels like growing pains, but I know I'm not growing! lol).. Well off to do my blog, then going to try and go to bed early. I have to have an abandoned cat at the vet by 7 am to get spayed, hopefully she shows up tonight again so I can put her in the carrier. Well.. off to do my blog.. I could use some encouraging words tonight for sure.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:05 AM   #456  
kcx

S/C/G: 212.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

KeepLookin I'm having the problem right now. For me, it's also hard to get back on track in the middle of the day. If I'm already doing poorly, it's so easy for me to just say "whatever, I'll do it tomorrow," or "I still have X days til weigh in to get on track".

I'm really stressed too. I have been moving between my parents house and my grandma's house because I moved in with my grandma but to help my old work out, I decided to work weekends there until the beginning of september. It's a 1.5 hour bus ride each way and I constantly feel on edge from being up rooted. I worked Friday-Tuesday this week (37 hours), and now a friends is going through drama (she always is) and asked me to help her move tomorrow. She also wants me to stay over tomorrow night at her place but I just can't. I need a full night and day at my home and I have to go back to work on Saturday!

Anyway, back on topic...

Today was better than the past two. Just 4 flex points over target.

I really need to plan tomorrow ahead of time cause when I am out with people it is harder for me to stay on my points.
kcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:41 AM   #457  
~*Sara*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcx View Post
KeepLookin I'm having the problem right now. For me, it's also hard to get back on track in the middle of the day. If I'm already doing poorly, it's so easy for me to just say "whatever, I'll do it tomorrow," or "I still have X days til weigh in to get on track".

I'm really stressed too. I have been moving between my parents house and my grandma's house because I moved in with my grandma but to help my old work out, I decided to work weekends there until the beginning of september. It's a 1.5 hour bus ride each way and I constantly feel on edge from being up rooted. I worked Friday-Tuesday this week (37 hours), and now a friends is going through drama (she always is) and asked me to help her move tomorrow. She also wants me to stay over tomorrow night at her place but I just can't. I need a full night and day at my home and I have to go back to work on Saturday!

Anyway, back on topic...

Today was better than the past two. Just 4 flex points over target.

I really need to plan tomorrow ahead of time cause when I am out with people it is harder for me to stay on my points.
It is so challenging when things in our life lay even more stress on us. It was so weird, though (I came back on to share this), I was upstairs and all the sudden I was saying to myself in my head "get your ipod, and get on your eliptical for awhile".. and Usually I can talk myself out of it (especially after a poor day of eating too many points and not enough water), but the voice to say "Nah, you can work out another time" wasn't there. It was so weird, I wanted to say no, but felt I couldn't and I felt okay with that lol. I had to come back online to see if anyone was thinking about sending me positive thoughts or something! =). I grabbed my ipod, and on the eliptical I went for 30 mins! I am already feeling focused again. Thanks everyone for all the support! Kcx, I hope you can move past all the stress in your life enough so that you can focus on "you time"! Keep in touch! Good luck..
Old 08-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #458  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I didn't do much yesterday but sit and listen; I went to training at my church to lead a class at an adult Bible study for women. I'm by nature an introvert so being in a room with 60 other ladies for hours on end leaves me exhausted even if I am having a good time, meeting new people and renewing friendships. So I came home, collasped on the couch and didn't do much for the rest of the day. Not sleeping well the night before didn't help the situation either.

August 18,

iced coffee 100
muffin 160

Moe’s chicken salad. 300
choc chip cookie 170

apple 75
cheese 100

chicken 300
corn 150
quinoa 130

peaches 50
Reddi-whip 60
carmel icing 300

I had a little melted leftover icing on my peaches then ate the rest out of the container...

Total = 1,890

Exercise
Ped = 4,287

Weight,

Spring, I agree, sometimes being there is all we can do. I'm sure your friend appreciates your presence. Praying for you and your friend.

KCX, Very nice of you to help your Gma and your old job. Stand firm with your friend, don't spread yourself too thin.

Forward, I hope today goes better than yesterday.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:32 AM   #459  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am 242.0 today. Down .4 from yesterday!!

Getting together with friends tonite. Looking forward to that. Luckily the friend's house that I am going to eats really healthy so I am looking forward to some Kashi pizza tonight!

Stayed up too late last night so I didn't get my full 7-8 hours of sleep. so very tired. I am expecting a crash this afternoon, so I brought an extra bag of apple slices and an extra plum so that I can have other things to snack on today. rock on for planning ahead.

Hoping you all have a wonderful and OP day!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #460  

Love - I think most of us that have tried 30 DS find that it kicks our butt the first time, even level 1! It's wicked intense, so the fact that you found it tough doesn't mean that you're not in shape...just that the workout is wicked intense!

Vixson - rock on for planning ahead, which is the key to making this work.

KeepLookin - it's so true that so much of this is mental. I've found that if I'm feeling negative/stressed/crabby about other situations in my life (work, relationships, etc) that it's easy to let that negativity affect my eating/exercise habits. I think recognizing that it is happening is the first step, and then consciously telling ourselves that just because there is emotional stuff or stress or whatever in this area of my life, doesn't mean it needs to be present in all areas of my life. A huge challenge, right? At least it is for me...

GettinFit - congrats on making the choice not to buy the ice cream!

Wednesday:

breakfast - 2 slices whole wheat toast with almond butter, small fruit salad of 1/3 banana, a few strawberries, and some cantaloupe.

snack - a few prunes and pecans, 2 homemade rice krispie bars that someone brought to the staff meeting.

lunch - pinto beans and homemade salsa with garden tomatoes and peppers over a baked potato, with some shredded cheese and a bit of ground peanut on top for protein. Kind of a weird combo but it was tasty. My treat of one spoonful of peanut butter and dipped in chocolate chips afterwards

dinner - 2 small slices homemade pizza from a weight watchers cookbook recipe (about 1.5 serving). Homemade whole wheat crust, a bit of sausage (from my friend's farm nearby that raises pigs free range), red pepper and onion, cheese and canned tomato sauce. A bit of arugula and tomato on the side. Slice of watermelon for dessert. Iced herbal tea to drink (red zinger is my fave).

snack - popcorn, while I watched a movie. Not a huge portion - shared it with two other people. I was pretty hungry by 8:30 again. I prefer to not eat after dinner, so I guess I need to have a larger dinner, or have it a little later (though yesterday ate at 6:15 pm) in order to make that happen. Or go to bed at 9 pm when I get hungry, which is not likely to happen!

I feel like I am eating a lot, but, gosh darn it, I'm hungry. I'm making a concerted effort to drink more water...keep a big glass on my desk, maybe that will help.

didn't exercise - I was still sore in my inner thighs from my Monday workout, which apparently kind of backfired...I mean if I work out Monday hard, and then am too sore Tues and Weds to exercise, well, kind of shooting myself in the foot. Still feel it a bit today in my legs but feel good enough to get a run in today - which is nice because it is a cool, overcast day.

because of salt on popcorn last night, not weighing today as I know it will only bring me down and any weight gain registered isn't 'real.' In one month I am traveling to a family wedding, and already have a beautiful dress, so focusing on that. I've lost about 15 pounds since I last saw my parents, and more than that since I last saw other family, would be great to increase that number a bit in the next month!!!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #461  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all are having a great Thursday so far.

KeepLookin great job on getting that workout in yesterday and glad you're feeling focused again. You will be in your groove before you know it. Stay stong.

Diana - Thanks for sharing those links. I didn't realize Calorie Explosion had hit the market yet. On the Firm Believers site they said it wouldn't be out until Sept. 1. I will definately be stopping by Target today. I am considering doing a TransFirmation rotation. I completed this rotation last year and I took a before and after pic and I couldn't believe the changes I got in the 1 month.

Today's journal:
B: 2 slices light wheat toasted w/ 1 oz RF cheese, plum, skim latte
S: pop chips, grapes, almonds
L: grilled chicken, peas, WW Ice cream cone
D: Sandwich (tomato & 1 sl RF cheese) WW 1 pt bar
Exercise: FIRM Burn & Shape

Last edited by GettinFit; 08-19-2010 at 06:12 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #462  
kcx

S/C/G: 212.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Just popped in to wish everyone luck today

I'm going to help my friend move today, but I put my foot down when she asked me to stay overnight. I need that one full day to myself before I go back to work.

I MUST stay on my points today, so if she offers to buy me lunch--which she has said she will, I will say it has to be somewhere healthy!

I'll check in later
kcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #463  

S/C/G: 260/244.8/190

Height: 5' 8"

The sun is shining...that makes the day seem a little better. My kids are both in good moods this morning and that really helps my mental state out.

I have a question that hopefully someone can help me out with...My friend asked me last night if I am bringing my kids to the funeral. My husband and I aren't sure if its the right thing to do or not. I don't mean to be graphic here, but I kind of have to explain so you understand the situation I'm facing here. This little boy was crushed by an irrigation sprinkler tire. His parents have made the decision to have an open casket. My kids are 8 and 3. They are close with the family, just as my husband and I are. I told my friend that I wasn't sure if I was taking them or not. Is it wrong to take them? Is it wrong not to? How tramatic is it going to be for them if they do go? We've never dealt with the death of child before, so I have no idea what to do. I'm not sure I can handle all the questions I know my kids will have if I do take them. But at the same time, I don't want to seem rude or inconsiderate for not taking them. Ugh.

Daily Points: 30
Breakfast: coffee w/ creamer & splenda, scrambled eggs w/ cheese ~ 10.5 points
Dinner: chicken enchiladas ~ points to be determined when i can get on the WW site again
Supper:

Water: 40oz...this number could be a little better considering the time...i'm working on it
Total Points:

Thank you Lauren. I think we've decided that we are not going to take them to the funeral. My husband and I are planning on sitting down with them, we just haven't decided the best way to break it down for our 3 year old. Our son, who is 8, knows what happened but he hasn't asked questions yet. I'll do my best when he does. Thanks again for the prayers.

Last edited by springjacka; 08-19-2010 at 02:43 PM.
springjacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:17 PM   #464  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - HaHa! Yep! You are definitely right! Love me the weekend

love2b150 - You are awesome! I love your determination!

GettinFit - Well done on resisting that ice-cream. I bet you feel great knowing that the new you knows exactly whe she wants! Well done!

KeepLookin - I totally agree with you. I can't stand to see people mistreating their animals. I see obese dogs sitting at doors every night just itching to go out for a walk, people feeding their animals to death, and people buying animals that just do not fit their lifestyle and blaming them for ripping up their carpet. It just makes me so sad and mad. I saw this lovely Border Collie being walked the other day and the poor thing was being yelled at by it's owner because it was pulling on it's leash. A Border Collie needs to run! Every day! Not walk around the block. It saddens me that people by their dogs based on looks and not what they SHOULD have.

kcx - Wow, that is a lot of commuting! But you are doing it for a good reason you i'll you. make sure you find some time for yourself.

Penguin - I'm glad you included that little icing slip-up - don't feel too bad about it, re-group and move on

Vixsin - Great job planning ahead!

blueridge - Your family is going to very excited to see your big loss! Yay!

Spring - That is a tough decision. If I was in the same situation I would not bring the kids to the funeral. However, I would take the time to explain to the kids where there friend is now. I think it's important that the kids understand what has happened and let them ask questions if they need or want to. Again, it's not a nice situation to be in and I can only imagine how hard it is for the family and friends. I hope that helps Sending more thoughts and prayers to your little town.

Last edited by L R K; 08-19-2010 at 12:17 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #465  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone!

Almost the weekend

Kammi is still feeling under the weather unfortunately. Lot's of things to clean up last night. She had made a mess on her self and thrown up a few times. We took her off her usual food and switched her to our Vet approved food for when she has the yucky poop and throw up and that seems to be helping. I checked her gums and they were a little pale so I have been trying to get her to drink a lot of water, which is tough because, as you probably know, if they don't want to drink they won't. We have G2 Gatorade at home (the one with less sugar) so I tried to get her to drink some of that, she did but not much. I checked her gums again this morning and they were still a little pale but better.

I also noticed that at the end of snout close to her nose the area looked very red. I took a closer look and the area kind of looks raw, like she has scraped a large portion of it off. I know this is not the case because it happened during the day yesterday, in the morning she was fine - we noticed it when we got home from work, and there was no where she could have been to have hurt her nose that badly. It doesn't seem to be bothering her too much. She isn't licking the area excessively and she is her usual crazy self.

I sent an email to my vet this morning with pictures of her nose and told him about her little sickness and he thinks that maybe she had an allergic reaction to something. He told us not to come in just keep feeding her the Vet approved food, keep an eye on her poop and make sure she keeps eating and drinking. If she gets any worse or loses her appetite we will need to take her in. He said just to apply polysporin to her nose 2x a day to help it heal but again if it gets worse we'll have to take her in.

Poor baby. I hope she's feeling better when I get gome this afternoon and her nose is a little better too.

Here is my plan for the day 8/19/2010

B - 1 cup bran flakes w/ flax and 1/2 cup soy milk + 1 peach

S - Carrot sticks & Edamame

L - Homemade Portobello Penne (mad with whole wheat pasta) + 1 cup mixed veggies

S - 1 Apple

D - Shrimp w/ broccoli sprouts, avocado and old school marie rose sauce

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water throughout the day + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: Not sure, if the dog feels better and her poop is normal we'll take her for a walk before she goes crazy! (it just takes one day of a missed walk!)

have a happy, healthy and OP day
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote