Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #436  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Springjacka

I just said a prayer for you and yours and your friends family in this tragic time.

I'm so glad that you won the battle yesterday and stayed strong. You should feel so proud.

Good luck with your friend. Don't worry about what to say to her...sometimes being a good friend is just sitting there together. Let us know how it goes.

As for myself, I am doing great so far this week!! I weighed myself this morning and I am down .4 from yesterday!!!!!! I am super excited and I have already achieved my weight loss goal for the week!!! Everything from here out is bonus!! Woo hoo!!!

Hoping everyone has an OP day!!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #437  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

love2b, how was your weigh in this morning? I love that anticipation when you know it's going to be good! And I think you will like that orange chicken- it's a little sweet and a little spicy, yum!

quiet, good for you for not being a slave to the scale! You are doing great!

KeepLookin, congrats girl you are doing awesome keep it up!!

Thanks Penguin, it's good to be back!

spring, I have a 2 year old and I cannot imagine what they must be going through. Your post made me tear up, but I agree with Vixsin that just being there will show your support, there really are no words. But, congrats on resisting the urge to binge, that is an amazing accomplishment!

Vixsin, congrats on meeting your goal you're doing great!!

Today's WI was pretty bad, but I haven't really been OP. I'm going to wait to move my ticker until next week when I've been OP and hopefully I can move it down instead of up!

8/18/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (335)
large cup of coffee w/ 3 tbsp ff Coffee Mate cinnamon creamer- 75
2 pkts strawberries 'n cream instant oatmeal made w/ water- 260
H2O- 0

Lunch (350)
Lean Cusine chicken carbanara- 270
1 medium gala apple- 80
H2O- 0

Snack PM (255)
4 tbsp chipotle hummus- 140
3 oz baby carrots- 35
1 string cheese- 80
H2O- 0

Dinner (525)
6 oz baked chicken w/ shake 'n bake- 220
1 cup 2% velveeta shells and cheese- 180
3/4 cup green beans w/ 1/2 tbsp light veggie oil "butter"- 55
1 tbsp ranch dressing- 70
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,465 calories

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 08-18-2010 at 02:40 PM.
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:16 AM   #438  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Very funny thing happened. I went running yesterday and then sat awhile outside cleared my head up a little bit and I feel like ALOT better! Even went to bed last night got up this morn and got on the scale and my weight is back down to 306.2 lbs?!?! Weird eh? Anyways I'll take it. I am DEFINITELY making exercise my new stress reliever. I haven't been logging meals lately as you all can see but I am doing really good with eating. couple of choices have been sugar laden I will not lie but I haven't gone over board. Last week the lowest I got was to 304 but i didn't want to jinx myself so I never recorded it I wanted to see that number consecutively and I hadn't. I want to thank you guys so much for all of your support your messages and your help it is greatly appreciated. My financial situation hasn't changed but mentally and physically I feel so much better.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #439  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Man it's been a tough week for a lot of us. Mistermisfit I'll be sending some prayers and :willpowerdust: your way.

Springjacka sending prayers your way as well sorry for your losses.

Last edited by MrsDawsondn; 08-18-2010 at 12:19 PM.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #440  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

omg, Spring. My heart goes out to the families. I am so sorry about your horse! You are defnitely in my prayers. I have to remind you of my motto.

"The only problem food solves is hunger". It's not going to help with weight loss.

Mrfit--don't you dare go get food to make yourself feel better. refer to motto above. Is it worth feeling stinky with one more day of being at a weight you don't want to be? You are NOT unliked, NOR unloved. it sounds like the D bug is trying to bite you. Has it been raining alot? Get out of the house or something.

Love, great job on moving that scale. And equally great on getting the exercise in.

Vixsin, .4 down is great---but remember the scale fluctuates.

storm, and penguin, i'm the exact way, soreness does not hit me for a few days later. It is called Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness--or DOMS. I believe.
I'm not sure if that means good or bad.

getting fit, you are doing awesome!

Diana, TTOM is such a pain, I usually go into despair once my weight starts climbing after ovulation. I am determined to ride this out. I usually give up close to TOM when i FINALLY get to the 170s but i fluctuate so much, i get so disheartened, NOT this time. I hope you make it to ONEderland by that time, but if not, you will whoosh right into it I am sure!

Keeplooking, stay with it. I actually think a week break from dieting is awesome. As long as you don't go too crazy.

MrsD, unless you have been really hitting the food, that 4 lbs is most likely from stress, drink water, water, water to flush it. And you will be coming back down. Also stress constipates you--so that may be an issue with the weight climbing too.

afm: i aim to still be accountable and FINALLY get past this HUMP of making ito the 170s and falling back in FRUSTRATION.

so here is my log with the weights, I'm going to spare the food details, and just give you the break down of nutrients.

sat 14 wt: 179.4
activity: sedentary

calories: 1502
water: 8 glasses
fat: 75g
carbs 146
Protein 65
trans fast 0
sat fat 33
chol 161
Sodium 1833
Net Carbs 139
Fiber 8
sugars 81
calcium 145

Analysis -171 cs

sun 15 wt: Not Taken

calories: 1875

activity: cleaning 30 min 214
dishes: 30 min 98
walking w/ friend (slow): 1hr 256
laundry: 171

water 8 glasses

cal 1875
fat 88g
carb 180
protein 97
trans fat 1
sat fat 33
chol 316
sodium 1903
net carbs 163
fiber 17
sugars 90
calcium 139

analysis: + 195 calories left

mon 16 wt: NOT TAKEN

CAL 1281
activity: sedentary

WATER: 7 glasses

cal 1281
fat 51
carb 170
protein 41
tran fat 11
chol 101
sodium 1360
net carbs 154
fiber 16
sugar 97
calcium 75

analysis: 50 cal left, BUT alot of junk food.

Tuesday 17 wt: 182.6 huh?

cals: 1896
activity
carpet cleaning: 1 hr 217 cs
cleaning: 1 hour 304 cs

burned: 521

water 8 glasses

cal 1896 (blame hardees)
fat 80g
carb 228
protein 72
tran fat 0
sat fat 15
chol 152
sodium 2359
net carbs 212
fiber 16 (GOT TO DO BETTER HERE)
sugar 79
calcium 35 whoops.

analysis: overate expenditure by 44 cs.

Wed 18 wt: 180.8 HOW????
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #441  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - Kris of course! She had posted early in the month - I hope to see her again soon.

love2b150 - What is this "Box of Tastefully Simple Items"? Sounds good.

Quietstorm -mmmm Eggplant Lasgna. Did you make it yourself??

KeepLookin - Yay! TOM is evil :evil:

springjacka - Lot's and lot's of prayers headed your way and to your town

Vixsin - Congrats on reaching your weekly goal! That is awesome

MisterMisfit - Awww Don't ever feel like that. There are definitely people here that like you for you and are always here if you need them. Be strong! If you need to talk more about it, and I think that would help, let us know - you can always send me a PM if you need to vent, or if you need extra support or if you just want someone to listen. Hang in there.

Fashin - Moving the ticker down is definitely the right direction! Stay OP and I bet you can get it done!

MrsD - Awesome! I find exercise def. helps with stress and just to clear your head you know.

Jen - I love your motto. It just makes so much sense. Thanks for sharing
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #442  
CanadianVeggie

HAPPY HUMP DAY!
3 days down, 2 to go!!! Countdown to the weekend is on!

Was a little late for work this morning as Kammi (my dog) was a little ill last night it seems. When we got up this morning she had made a little mess in her bed and on herself so I had to give her and her bed a quick clean before I had to go to work. Poor baby. She semmed fine otherwise, was hungry and her usual crazy self so I gave her some pepto to stop the yucky poop and settle her tummy and left her to rest. Hopefully she will be feeling a little better later. Had a 9 AM meeting with my entire team and got to work at around 8:50. Was soooo hungry, I had to eat my breakfast so I ate pretty quickly and did get to the meeting on time.

Again last night dinner plans changed. I completely forgot that Rob had soccer last night so instead of the salmon I had 1/2 veggie burger on a small whole wheat bun w/ cheese, chicken bacon, spinach, tomato, grilled onions, mustard and ketchup. On the side I had a mixed green salad w/ tomato and cal.wise balsamic dressing.

Here is what I plan to eat today 8/18/2010

B - 2 slices WW multi-grain bread w/ natural peanut butter and no-sugar added blueberry jam + 1 choc.vanilla soy pudding

S - 1 cup mixed blueberries / strawberries + handful of edamame

L - Homemade Vegan Curry on rice(chick peas and a ton of veggies + spices) + 1 cup mixed steamed veggies (green beans, wax beans and carrots)

S - 1 Banana

D - What I was supposed to have last night (again!) Miso glazed salmon w/ rice and sugar snap peas

Drinking: At least 2 cups green tea + 2L water throughout the day + 1 diet pepsi

Exercise: 30min brisk walk with the dog

Have a happy, healthy and OP day

Last edited by L R K; 08-18-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #443  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

omg, lauren that sounds so delicious, i must be hungry.

Someone a while back posted that saying and I just LOVED it!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #444  

Hello all!

Spring - as everyone said, my heart goes out to you. I have to say that for me, when life is crazy and there are all kinds of difficult, unexpected things happen, it's empowering to remember that food and exercise are things I CAN control. There's so much in life we can't, that we can only deal with and respond, but our health habits are 100% within our power to create, maintain and change.

MrsD - I am glad to hear your are making exercise your stress reliever. That is awesome! I've also found that when I'm stressed or upset a good run definitely helps.

Diana - I am so impressed at your steady, persistent progress. Can't wait to see you in onederland...keep up the great work!

Vixsen - congrats on your success!

My Tuesday:

woke up hungry, which is a good sign that I didn't overeat yesterday.

breakfast: 2 slice whole wheat toast, almond butter. Coffee w/ splash of milk

snack: almonds and prunes (brought them in a ziploc baggie because I had to go to the DMV and of course never know how long one will have to wait and didn't want to let myself get too hungry - score two points for planning ahead!)

lunch - small apple with peanut butter, leftover brown rice and veggie salad, some leftover homemade cole slaw (easy on the mayo)

snack - whole wheat toast with homemade baba ghanoj (just got our first eggplants from the garden -yay!) and a chunk of mozzarella for protein

dinner - egg noodles with canned roasted veggie tomato sauce and fresh tomatoes, shredded mozzarella (I was in a hurry)

I was hungry by 9:30 pm, so went back to the kitchen and had some leftover pasta, as well as a spoonful of natural peanut butter with about 20 semi sweet chocolate chips. This can be dangerous, but if I keep the portion small, it's the perfect way to satisfy a sweet tooth with some protein and it is so tasty.

exercise - nothing official (sore from Monday's big workout) so planned to rest today. But did house cleaning and walking, so was active even if I didn't break a sweat.

scale: 202.5 Down a pound from yesterday. Oh, yeah, movin' on back down. In some ways it's depressing b/c I've been here before, but just glad to be back on the wagon and knowing I'm making good choices, and inching on back down to onederland.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #445  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

QuietStorm I pulled my book out this morning. Still haven't looked at it no more than to turn to the menu section

Sara, great job

Hi Penguin and GettinFit

Springjacka I am with Vixsin again. Don't worry about what to say, I'm sure just your being there gives them strength. Ask God to give you all strength in this time of grief.

Vixsin, Congrats on meeting your goal.

Andy when feeling lonely? Come here, you will never feel alone. You have to come on as much as you can post often. We'll lift your spirit.

Fashin, I'm picking it up today Weigh in this morning was great new low of 174.0 down .8 I'm happy I hear you on the ticker move. I'll have to see if this stiicks. I so want to make my 170 goal for Labor Day

Jen you have the sodium in red. I read that sodium is 2400mg a day, is that too high? Fiber I shoot for 25 but usually only get around 15-17 also.

Lauren Tastefully Simple is a food brand. My neighbor had a tasting party and I ordered a few items from her. I am actually hosting a tasting party in October. Hope it goes well. I like quite a few things and I have figured out how to make what I ordered healthier . Glad Kammi is feeling better.

Blueridgegirl congrats on the 1lb
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #446  
kcx

S/C/G: 212.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Another less-than-awesome day yesterday.

I used 9(!) flex points. Damn this period and the bottomless pit of a stomach it causes! And of course, it doesn't want veggies...it wants corn dogs and grilled cheese!
kcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:20 PM   #447  
CanadianVeggie

Jen - It was delicious! ( assuming you are talking about my veggie burger dinner last night )

blueridge - Another pound down! Yay!

love2b150 - Ok, thanks for letting me know, sounds fun And yes, thanks I'm glad she feels better too

kcx - TOM is evil!!!! I will say that again and again! Hang in there.

Last edited by L R K; 08-18-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #448  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Love2B I'm glad you enjoyed your walk last night. I try to beat my own time when I do my mall walk on Saturday. Do you have a mall near where you live? They may have a walking program there. We have them here, but I don't participcate. I only walk on Saturday afternoon. The good thing about mall walking is that of course it's indoor and you don't have to deal with the elements and the temp. is normally nice and cool.

Quietstorm It looks like yesterday was a great day for you with your food and exercise. Great job!

KeepLookinFwd Great job on the 5 pounds!

GettinFit Which Turbo Jam did you do? I have moved on to TurboFire, but TJ will always have a place in my heart.

Penguin Great job staying on plan.

Springjacka Sending Prayers your way. Stay strong!

Vixsin Great job on meeting your weekly goal!

MisterMisfit Stay strong you can pull through this. I like Jendiet's post "The only problem food solves is hunger". It's not going to help with weight loss.

Fashin You have a great plan for the day. Stay focused and on plan! You can do it.

MrsD Great job on getting your run in! It sounds like it helped you to get refocused.

Jendiet Thanks for sharing your motto. I think it can be of help to all of us.

Lauren I think you, me, and another lady from my fitness check in enjoys the weekends more than anyone on the planet. I hope Kammi is feeling better when you get home. It's so frustrating when they are sick. They can't talk and you don't know what's wrong. Very frustrating. Wishing you two the best.

Blueridge Thank you so much for the support. This is such a great community! Great job on the pound! You always have some of the healthiest menus. Great job!

KCX Ha Ha Yesterday and the day before I was craving a Been & Cheese or Chili Cheese Burrito and TTOM hasn't even started, yet. Today I am no longer craving the burrito, thank Goodness. I have never, in all my years, craved a burrito. I hope your cravings quickly pass.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #449  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Diana, we don't have much of anything here LOL. We moved from an area with everything you could think of. There is one mall that has a walking program but I'd have to get up super early to get there it's about 35-40 minutes away no traffic. We aren't far from I-95 but with the traffic on our one main road it can take 25 minutes to get there so I just hit the track. I hope to have a treadmill as DH promised soon after school starts because I won't be able to use the track then due to sporting activities and then our kids activities. I'll have to figure out something.

I'm having one of those days where nothing is satisfying me. Nothing today taste good so I really don't want to eat but I have eaten anyway. I know better. I have already had 944 calories so I'm working on it. I popped in Jillian's 30 day shred that I purchased today and I must say level one is no joke.
I found out ...
~I can only do 10 jumping jacks before I feel like my heart is coming out of my chest.
~I can't do push up's at all (I did try to do 3 before I gave up)
~I can't jump rope because I can't jump up and down with my feet together.
~I have a problem with the constant up and down.
My goodness, I thought I was doing good and getting in shape. She definitely proved me wrong. I will definitely try again every day until I can complete ALL of Level 1. I am gonna go back to that that I used the first two weeks with 3FC. I also finally got my 3 miles in before the rain came again. YAY!!
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:42 PM   #450  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Blue Ridge - Congrats on getting rid of another pound You are so close to Onederland.

Diana - Today I did TJ Cardio Party. I admit that I am an exercise video addict. Now I just need to put them all to use. I have 40 or more FIRMs including BS1, BS2, BS3, TransFirmer, TransFirmation, Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, WATP, Rockin Body, Jillian Michaels, The Biggest Loser. Now I'm thinking about getting Zumba.

Stay stong kcx, you can do it.

Love Be strong and you'll get through today. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. I've had 30 Day Shred for about a year and I've never done it. I have to give it a try soon.

Today ended okay for me but I did have the urge to buy some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream earlier today. I was in the supermarket and saw that it was on sale and for a split second, I flashed back to the wonderful feeling I used to get from having a large bowl of it. I came to my senses and passed it up and decided that being thinner and healthy will make me feel much better than bingeing on Ice Cream. It felt really good to be able to resist it.

Have a great evening everyone.

Last edited by GettinFit; 08-18-2010 at 07:44 PM.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote