Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #466  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Lauren I'm not sure if I mentioned about Magnum being sick recently. This has been since the first of the month. We changed his flea med. The Vet wasn't going to be carrying the product we had been using due to slow sales of this particular product.

Anyways, we switched him to Comfortis. We give him his fea and heartworm meds on the 1st of the month. We gave him Comfortis on July 1 and everything was fine. Then I gave it on August 1 and things did not go well. Magnum started vomiting.

I'm not sure if Kammi's nose situation is the same as what happened to Magnum. Magnum would bark for me to let him out when he was going to be sick. He would find a place in the yard where he wanted to vomit. He would dig a hole, vomit in the hole, take his nose and push the dirt back on it and pat it down. His nose was literally bleeding. After the first time and I realized what he was doing, I would go out there and help him cover it to save his poor little nose. Poor baby.

Anyways he has recovered from that situation. I will not give him Comfortis ever again. He was taking another medicine earlier in the year for his severe allergies. He had a bad reaction to that, too. We changed him to Zyrtec and that has worked really well. It looks like Magnum is getting really sensitive to meds.

Have you changed any of Kammi's medicines? Is she taking an anti-inflammatory for arthritis? The anti-inflammatories can cause them to be sick, too. We took Magnum off his anti-inflammatory and now he's on a regular pain medication.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:11 PM   #467  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Hey guys :Waving:

Funniest thing happened today and I've been tracking this the last 2 days but my weight is down by 6 lbs since Sunday. I know I was stressed about being broke and not able to eat too good over the weekend and I shot up tp 309 from 306. Tuesday I went for a run started drinking more water and I felt great! So Tuesday and wednesday my weight stayed steady at 306 It's been there for about 2 weeks. Well this morning and before I went to sleep last night I got on the scale and it is staying steady @ 303.2. :O I'm extremely happy about this one and eating clean and healthy so that I can continually lost but this sudden loss is really tripping me out. I have been running and walking and pretty much staying hydrated as well as eating really healthy so I'm glad about it

Seriously I cannot wait to not weigh over 300 lbs! It's almost there.

Last edited by MrsDawsondn; 08-19-2010 at 04:12 PM.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #468  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Blueridgegirl thanks that makes me feel better

Springjacka
Glad you and your husband decided not to take them and I agree with Lauren also.

Thanks Lauren, I just keep saying I've come too far to mess up now. I know that it I slack off without a doubt that will be it. I don't want to get comfortable at this weight when I know I can do better. Hope Kammi gets better soon.

Diana, I tried to find that ice cream but I guess I need to drive a little further north. I went to one grocery store and they had every Lean Cuisine you could think of except for the orange chicken. So I'll try two others.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #469  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

Diana - Wow that is interesting. I have been giving Kammi Sentinel for heartworm and fleas for 2 years and no problems at all. She is dur to take it again on the 23rd. I'm not sure that is what it is because it has been almost a month since she last took one and no problems with her until yesterday. But the nose thing makes it seem possible. I will talk to my vet about it. She isn't taking any other meds. She only just turned 2 this year and the only real problem we have had with her is a reaction to her annual shots, she seems to be sensitive to them, but other than that never any other health problems. Thanks for the info, something to take away and ponder. Everytime I let her outside I will watch her and see what she does.

MrsD - That is awesome! You are doing so great!

love2b150 - Thanks, it's hard when your dog is sick because they can't tell you what is really wrong. I hope her nose gets better quickly - I don't want it to mess up her pretty face
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #470  
~Rennie

MrsDawson, that's great.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #471  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Thanks guys

laurem I'll say a praye for your furbabe hope she gets healed quickly and wtg@love2b on the Hard work
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #472  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone! We are so close to the weekend!

Total Approx 1605 Calories

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz olive oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 cal
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
high fiber english muffin 100 cal
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream
juice 75 calories

Lunch: (360 calories)
EarthGrains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
4 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 60 Calories
Romaine Lettuce Leaves
Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
Sliced Apples 40 Calories
Cape Cod 405 Reduced Fat Chips 100 calories

Dinner (880 Calories)
1 Cup Broccoli Cheddar soup 190 calories
Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich on Whole Grain White Bread 510 calories
Fruit Cup 60 calories
Later at home Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt 120
(I really like the new Yoplait Greek Yogurt better)

Exercise:
~TF Fire 45 EZ
Old 08-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #473  
Trying to live below 200

Good Evening, Everyone!

I think TTOM is starting. It's a few days early. I have been using a Progesterone cream to balance my hormones. They got out of whack with my weight loss. Anyways last month was a perfect TTOM. I have never had that before. I switched over to using the individual packets of Progesterone cream. I divided each packet up between AM and PM instead of using a packet for each. Well it didn't work out as well as last month and TTOM is coming a little early. When I start back up with the Progesterone, I will follow the directions. I don't know why that's so difficult for me.

Has anyone else noticed that the boards are kinda slow to load today? I'm only having that problem on here.

Penguin, Jendiet, Quietstorm, Mister, Fashin, Paradise, Blueridge, Dream,
Sacha, Abidabbi
Hi

Love2B Ha! Isn't it funny that whatever you want/need, the store never has it. Of course everyone else can find it. That just makes it more aggrevating.

Keeplookinfwd I hope you are feeling better. People frustrate me, too, for not taking care of their pets. Our little one (he's a black lab) is spoiled rotten. Everyone says he gets better care than they do and they are human. I say, Hmm and your point is?

KCX Even if you don't feel you are doing well early in the day, please try to stay focused and get back on track immediately. It does makes a difference. Take care of yourself.

Vixsin Have fun tonight with your friends. Great job on the .4!

Gettinfit Let us know if you find Calorie Explosion. I was kinda interested in one of the new Tae Bo's, too. I have held off on that one for now. I kinda got tired of Billy a few years back.

Spring I don't think I would take the children to the funeral. That is a tough decision. I'm so sorry everyone is going through this.

Lauren I hope everything was better for Kammi when you got home.

MrsDawson We are cheering you on!

Waving Hi to all! Enjoy your evening.

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-19-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #474  
~Rennie

Diana I think it's worse when you drive some place to get it and it's not there. But that's my fault. I figured I was far enough north to go to any whole foods, NOT. But I will definitely find everything I'm looking for

Old 08-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #475  
~Rennie

Today's eats 8/19/10

Breakfast (391)
skim, V8, boiled egg, light mayo, 1/2 grapefruit, Activia light, 4 strips bacon

Snack (245)
1/2 apple fruit & grain bar, 9 organic tortilla chips, rice cake

Lunch (402)
1c broccoli and 2% chicken from Hong Kong restaurant, diet cranberry

Snack (260)
100 cal keebler pack, 17 Special K crackers, Activia light vanilla

Dinner (430)
homemade chili, w/ half svg of shred cheddar and 5 saltines

Total calories 1728, oh my goodness over by 128 . Please don't let me have a bad weigh in in the morning
Water 112ozs plus 16oz decaf green tea
Exercise - did better with Level 1 of 30DS and 2.38 miles track

I had a great day. Didn't get what I wanted at the stores but I did get 4 new Healthy Choice meals, two new snacks, and some great broccoli and chicken that I don't know what the calories for it are so I'm gonna double what it would be normally and keep my . I did almost all of Level 1 30DS I just couldn't do the sit-ups and the last exercise at the end. But there is always tomorrow. I got my walk in too. Yay!!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #476  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

umm, hope all have had a good day.

spring, that is such a hard situation. I am glad you decided NOT to take them to an open casket funeral. If it was closed casket, it would have been better. I went to my Uncle's funeral when I was a little girl and I didn't understand at all, combine that with an active imagination--i swore I saw his eyes move. He was so young--36. I was very young, but smart--just not wise. my dad ended up carrying me out of there kicking and screaming cause i wouldn't accept Uncle Johnnie wasn't alive.

I also endured a funeral of my little sister when i was very small. She was only a couple weeks old. It was closed casket. All I remember is HOW SMALL the casket was, and the setting. I remember having a profound sadness, but I never questioned where my sister was after that.

The last funeral i have experience with kids and a funeral is my own dad's. He died at 52. My sister was 9 years old when he died. It was very heart wrenching for everyone. She understood. It was important to let her grieve. I couldn't handle it all that well myself. She had to grow up without out him, i just knew he was gone from my world at a distance. I had to fly back home, so i didn't experience my sister moving through the grief.

closure is important though. I was IN COMPLETE denial up until i saw him in that casket. I Literally HOPED and thought it was a VERY SICK prank on the part of my family. But the first step is denial.

It is very important to watch your kids as they move through the stages of grief. the Why question is going to be huge. First it is Denial. Then anger. The anger is where the why comes in. Some do better with a rational explanation. Then comes the bargaining. Then depression--where the actual loss is felt hard, Then acceptance--and the continuing of function without the other person.

if your kids were really close, you really need to hit this hard, so you are not suprised by the weight of it. The 3 year old has some understanding of "where is my friend now?". The eight year old will probably move through slower as there is more understanding.

I pray for strength for you for this awful time, and I really PRAY for comfort for the parents. This is so tragic.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #477  

S/C/G: 227/Ticker/147

Height: 5'5"

Vixsin, woo hoo down .4 that's awesome! Have fun tonight, let me know if that Kashi pizza is any good! I always see it at the grocery store but have never tried it.

blue, I definitely find that drinking more water helps me feel much fuller especially right before, during, and right after I eat. And good luck on losing before seeing family, I know what a huge motivator that can be!

kcx, what did you end up having for lunch?

spring, I think your husband made the right decision. As for the questions, I was 8 when my dad passed away and I didn't ask many questions. I remember having this "gotta be strong" type attitude. I wonder if your son is similar? But in case there are those difficult questions, I'm sending strength and prayers your way.

Lauren, I'm glad to hear Kimmi seems to be doing better. I hope she gets totally better very soon!

Diana, thanks I did well yesterday even though I was thrown off track. My bf forgot to thaw out the chicken like I asked, but luckily we had some veggie lasagna leftover so I made it work. And I'm sorry to hear your TOM is coming early, what a pain. Maybe he will leave sooner than normal?

MrsD, you are doing so great keep it up!!

love, I'm sorry you didn't find what
you were looking for but at least you know where you have to go now!

Down some water weight this morning, so almost back to the weight on my ticker! I hope everyone had a good day, it's almost Friday!!

8/19/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (335)
large cup of coffee w/ 3 tbsp ff Coffee Mate cinnamon creamer- 75
2 pkts blueberries 'n cream instant oatmeal made w/ water- 260
H2O- 0

Lunch (455)
tuna mixed w/ 2 tbsp light mayo, celery, and onion on 2 slices whole wheat low cal bread- 245
1 small bag of baked cheddar & sour cream ruffles- 140
1 cup vegetable soup- 50
H2O- 0

Smack PM (130)
1 cup vegetable soup- 50
1 string cheese- 80
H2O- 0

Dinner (600)
6 small pieces of homemade thin crust pizza made w/ grilled chicken, "Alfredo" sauce (garlic & herb LC and skim), 2% mozzarella cheese, red onion, and broccoli (yum!)- 600
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,520 calories

Last edited by fashinjunkie09; 08-19-2010 at 11:35 PM.
fashinjunkie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #478  
kcx

S/C/G: 212.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I'm SO glad to be home. My friend picked me up from the train at about noon and I got home at about 10:45 pm. She and I moved all her stuff in two trips, just the two of us girls, and believe me when I tell you we are both just over 5 feet and not known for being in great shape! Luckily she didn't have big furniture, just her mattress and box spring. But both where she was moving from and moving to are on the second floor, so I burn AT LEAST 15 points doing that. I think it's probably more like 20, but I didn't keep track of time very well. All I know is I was drenched in sweat and thought I was gonna pass out when I took my last load up the stairs.

I'm just not doing very great this week with healthy eating, even if I am staying within my points.

For lunch, we went to Jimmy John's and I had a BLT (no mayo and I put it all on 2/3rds of the bread) and 2/3 bag of the reduced fat chips for 10 pts.

That was before we even started moving, so after our first loading and unloading we stopped at McDonald's for bottled waters and diet cokes and decided to each get a small fry (5) and a reduced fat cone (3).

After out second loading, we went and got sugar free redbulls (0) and split a bag of Peanut M&Ms (~5).

After finally unloading everything (and like 12 hours after our day started), we drove by the most amazing hotdog place that is open late (Superdawg if anyone is from the Chicago area), so we stopped. I got a cheeseburger and fries. No idea how many points that is since they are not a chain and don't have their nutrition info posted.

Basically, everything I ate today before the hamburger and fries was 28 points, which is my daily goal. So, in the end, it could have have been better, but it could have been a lot worse, and at least I worked out most or maybe even all of that late-night indulgence!

Tomorrow and for the rest of the weekend it is back to low cal foods, more veggies and fruits, more WATER, etc. NO MATTER WHAT!! Plus I'm gonna go in the pool to get some exercise (ok ok and just to enjoy the pool since summer is almost over )

Last edited by kcx; 08-20-2010 at 01:25 AM.
kcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:33 AM   #479  
~*Sara*~

S/C/G: 332.8/293.6/175

Height: 5'8"

Okay.. quick post tonight. I'm very tired! I drank a lot of water throughout the day. Could have drank more, but I drank a good amount. I stayed within my points, barely.. but I'm within. I did not workout today. I'm still having some pains in my thigh, but it's not as often. TOTM set me back a couple days, but I'm starting to feel better. tomorrow shall be a fabulous day for sure!
KeepLookinFwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:29 AM   #480  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone! TGIF! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Love2b I wouldn't worry that much about being over. I think you were under the other day. That is a natural zig zag.

Fashin Great job on working your way back down!

KCX It sounds like you made the most of your situation. Great job!

Keeplookinfwd Ha Ha It's funny you mention TTOM being a set back for a couple day. I see it the same way.

Jen Losing someone you love is rough. Tomorrow is the anniversary of my Dad's death in 2007. I am so glad I had him as long as I did. I could not imagine losing him at a young age. You mentioned last week about your Dad making snow balls. My Dad loved a good steak. (my Dad loved to eat in general. Thank you Dad for the appetite, but why didn't you give me your metabolism, too? ) Around my Dad's Birthday or when he passed, DH and I will go out and enjoy a good steak in honor of my Dad.