Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #106  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/125

Height: 5'3"

Hahaha, JJ, that made my night. Thank you!

My name's Dani, by the way
PlaygroundLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 203/147.8/135

Height: 5'4''

That's cute though!! I've known my husband since we were 14 and he was my first love. We broke up a few times throughout high school and got back together for good at 18 and it's been mostly happily ever after ever since lol.

Well, I also have aspirations to become a singer lol. For realsville. SO I know that I don't have a marketable image at the moment. Therefore, I'm working on it. Everyone says you should do this and that and I'm thinking yeah that would all be good and well if I lost about 70 lbs. I'm on my way though and then I'm going to give it a shot. At least if I try I won't feel like I never attempted to follow me dream when I'm older. If it doesn't work then it doesn't work and I have a degree to fall back on. BUT I'm going to try my hardest to make this one come true.
Sunshinenmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

Well good luck to you both, and myself, I have been happily married for 14 years. Makes me sound really old...but i am only 34 and young at heart I'll be checking back in often!!
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:03 AM   #109  
Motivated by Life/Love

S/C/G: 313/Ticker/160

Height: 5'5 1/2

Hey ladies!!! Sorry I have not been around but I just read everything in the last week and WAY TO GO GIRLS!!!! See you were amazed at my 6 pound weight loss and look you did it too!!! Feels great right???
Tomorrrow is my second weigh in and im excited and nervous! I so bad want to be under 300 pounds for good! At the same time I didnt start excercising this week so if im not its my own fault. Being larger than you ladies I am more concerned with mastering the points with WW than toning up and getting in the gym.
I have a very solid build and am not flabby at all and did weightlifting for 4 yrs in HS so I dont need any extra muscle! lol. Once I get to 299 pounds I will start my wii fit then My first goal is 10% which is 31.3 pounds total. I think Halloween sounds like a great plan! Your birthday is the same as my aunt's! Next year on your bday I will be on my honeymoon!
Seeing your wedding dress got me sooooo excited. I wanted to buy my dress first however now that I am losing this weight it will be an even bigger reward to buy it last in a wayyyy smaller size My mom, grandmother, aunts and Maid of Honor will go to help me pick mine exactly for your reason, so they can all have that wow factor on one dress. The one I like picture wise is pretty similar to your bottom however the top is different and is a halter.

Enough about the wedding! Weekly weigh in's are great for me. I sooo badly wanna get on the scale every couple days but it is more rewarding for the larger weight loss I would say Well I know this was long as all mine usually are however its been forever it seems since I came on here since this week has been crazy busy!

Any exciting plans for yall's weekend?
mzitalian25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:33 PM   #110  
One pound at a time...

MZ- I'm sure the weigh-in will go great...and it sounds like you're pretty darn close to getting into the 200's. I'll have my fingers crossed for you!

Also, 31.3 pounds by Halloween sounds totally doable I'm hoping that if we stay on plan, all of us will reach our Halloween goals!

How far before a wedding does one buy the dress, anyway? Seems like you ladies know a lot more about this than I do...hahaha. All the wedding talk is making me wish I were getting married!

Courtney- That's such an awesome goal! Do you play an instrument too, or do you mostly stick with vocals? Also, what kind of music would you want to sing? I feel like that must be really good motivation!

JJ- 34 is NOT old! I find that the older I get, the older my definition of "old" gets...currently I think it's somewhere around 85, hahaha.

As for me, today was a super exciting day for THREE reasons:

1) I work for a fairly powerful, well-connected guy and I never thought he really noticed how hard I worked. Today he called me into his office and told me that I was the best intern he had ever had, and then offered to "make a call" to get me my dream job--he's close friends with the president of the place I was hoping to work at once I graduate college. HOLY SH**!! I think I almost hugged him.

2) Cute Co-worker Guy asked me out today! Ahhhh! I'm not sure I'll say yes (long story), but I'm still super flattered that he asked, hahaha.

3) My boss said she'd bring lunch to the office, but didn't say what it would be. Usually she brings pizza and salad, or a variety of sandwiches or something, so I didn't bring any of my own food and banked on just sticking with the "healthy option." Instead, she walked in carrying 3 huge boxes of pizza and nothing else. I freaked out--it was the first time I had eaten anything "bad" since I started eating healthily, and pizza's a major trigger food for me--but then something amazing happened: I ate two slices and....stopped. Because I was satisfied. And then I didn't want anymore. I know it sounds dumb, but it felt like a major victory.

Sorry this message was so long! Just had to share. How's your day going?
Old 07-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #111  

MZ- Thanks about the dress and I'm sure you'll have that moment too and don't settle on a dress until it happens! I was getting so sad that I'd never find anything that looked good and then there it was! I wasn't even going to try it on either. My mom goes what about this and I was getting so frustrated I just go FINE! LOL and it was the one!

JJ- 34 is def. not old however I turn 24 in a few months and I hate to say this but I'm freaking out. I know it's a random number and has nothing to do with anything, but it's just creeping slowly toward 30 and I don't know why that scares me so much.

DANI- That's so freaking awesome. I've been looking for a job for months now and have been on interviews and I'm getting nothing. :-( So for you to have that kind of hook up is a big deal. Trust me!!

SLAP YO BOSS IN THE FACE! I'm glad you have will power though!!! That's awesome.

I sing mostly country (just because it's what my voice is best suited for) but I can do some pop type stuff. I play the piano and guitar as well. Not nearly as well as my husband, but decent. Our children will prob. be musical geniuses lol. Jk jk. Anyway, yeah it's a great motivation and I'm really going to give this my all. I'm going to do a karaoke contest with my dad tonight. He's an amazing singer. He used to be the lead singer in an 80s hair band. Makeup and all. I have photos and it IS ridiculous lol. So it should be fun. I'm pretty broke so maybe we'll win some money lol.

My dad is hiring me a vocal coach to help me out and work on a few things and she's coming this Saturday to hear me sing and all that. Sorry I'm talking about it a lot, but it's my <3 and I can't wait to get started. Everyone tells me don't worry about weight blah blah blah but I know it matters and I'm not in denial about that. I'll make it happen.

I have a bit of news myself (it's going to sound completely stupid) BUT last night at the gym I worked out so hard on the elliptical that I sweated droplets. DON'T LAUGH! I've never done that! I like...don't sweat and last night I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror and was like AHHHHHHH OMG! Hahaha.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:37 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 276 / 259 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

Hi there and welcome! I'm doing WeightWatchers as well. I just joined this forum but I've been a WW member for a while and kinda fell out of it from the stress of school. I totally know how you feel on that one. I just got back on track with my points and I'm trying to find time to go to the gym as well. If you ever wanna chat WW or anything feel free to PM me.
ChubbyBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #113  

Dani & Courtney...I know 34 is not old and you are so right, the older we get the more our def. of old gets. LOL

Way to go both of you with your weightloss. I haven't done any exercising at all so you are a step ahead of me(unless chasing my kids counts)

I think I got my dress about 6 months before the wedding. Then I lost weight without even trying...oh why doesn't that happen now??? I think I canblame my age on that.

I also wonder if we are considered athletes since we carry around so much extra weight all the time? haha Just something I've thought about..it's quite a feat for me

Have any of you guys checked out the 20 somethings thread about vengeful thoughts or something like that?? What a hoot!

I was laughing aloud last night reading through some of them.

Take care, all!
Old 07-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #114  
One pound at a time...

Hahah, I love the thread about evil motivations. They're funny and, honestly, most of us can relate to at least a few of them. It's nice to hear that you're not the only one thinking those things!

Also, Courtney, let me know how the karaoke contest went! Getting a vocal coach sounds like an awesome step...how freaking great will it be when you've lost a ton of weight AND you've had the coach for a while? Haha, I feel like you'll be unstoppable.

And YAYYY SWEAT! I know the feeling--when you actually start dripping sweat from a workout it's like your body's confirming that you're working hard and doing a good job.

Today was my highest day (calorie-wise) in a longggg time, which is funny 'cause it wasn't actually very high at all (like 1500). Still, for some reason I'm feeling super guilty, and like I'm going to wake up 5 pounds heavier tomorrow. Yuck. Hopefully I'll still see some change by Sunday...
Old 07-30-2010, 01:43 AM   #115  

Whooooo! Just got home. I didn't eat dinner so that I could have some drinks tonight and man were they delicious lol.

I made it to the semi-finals in the contest which is a little less than a month away. Super excited! If I win I get 200 dollars. I'll take it!

I'm very excited about how everything is working out, but I had a mess up tonight. I think it's because I was drinking. My dad said let's get Taco Cabana!! (A drive through Mexican rest.) So I got quesadillas. I did split 1/2 them with Anthony (my husband) when I got home so that's better than scarfing the whole thing. I had such a blast.

Someone told me again tonight I should pursue a career in singing and I said yeah after I drop 60 more lbs. They were like nawwww, but I am a realist and I knooooow what I've got to do!

Hopefully, and I really mean hopefully I will be unstoppable. That would be a complete dream come true. You don't even know. I've wanted that since I was 10 years old.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:05 AM   #116  

Height: 67.7

Quote:
Ohh and I'm going on a 3 day vacation this weekend with my family to float down the river and stay in a cabin. In the past, when I go on vacation is always when I mess up really bad and then never continue my diet/exercise. I don't want to do that again so any suggestions on how I can do well on my trip?
Hi

How was your trip? Did you manage to follow your eating plan? Try buying lots of healthy foods and then packing a snack pack when you go out. Good luck with everything!

Last edited by Suzie Parker; 07-30-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Suzie Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #117  

Hi there!

Chubby- i'm doing ww at home on my own so I can relate to you. Not sure how to PM someone though... I'm quite computer illiterate...that's my age again...HAHA

Courtney-good luck with your singing competition. yeah I find drinks hard when you are trying to count points. About how many points would a few daquari coolers be? Or do I care after I've had a few?? Naah!!

Dani-So are you going on a date or what??

MZ-I wish I could do weekly weigh-ins...I'm on that scale every morning, in the buff, after my morning pee, and hardly daring to look...LOL But the scale has been good to me

take care for now!!
Old 07-31-2010, 02:16 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 276 / 259 / 150

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Canada View Post
Chubby- i'm doing ww at home on my own so I can relate to you. Not sure how to PM someone though... I'm quite computer illiterate...that's my age again...HAHA
Woo more WW at home people! And it's ok, you're not illiterate. New members can't PM someone during that 20 day grace period.
ChubbyBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:46 AM   #119  
One pound at a time...

JJ- I don't think so...I got out of a serious relationship kind of recently, so I don't know that I'm ready to get back in the game just yet. But it was still a huuuge ego booster that he asked!

Courtney- Ahh, I'm so proud of you! How many people will you be competing against in the semi-finals??

My eating was fine today, but my exercise was awful for some reason! I was just really sluggish and burnt like, 200 calories less than usual. I need to get it together and get in a good workout tomorrow, haha.

Sorry this post isn't longer...wanted to check in, but it's 2:45 am, haha.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:46 AM   #120  

LOL It's cool. I'm having my TOM. Awesome right? Ugh. I feel like a cow and I feel like I've been eating like a cow. For some reason it makes me 1000 times more hungry. So, I'm prob. not going to weigh in tomorrow. I want to wait til I'm off then I'll catch up on the Sunday weigh-ins.

I'll be competing against 21 people. Hopefully I'll beat all their butts. I'm broke lol! So you don't feel so bad about eating the pizza that day...I had a slice last night. Just one! It was a frozen pizza anyway lol. I didn't exercise last night because there was drama in my house. Blah. Going out again tonight and I am nervous about drinking. Last time I did that I ate a quesadilla at midnight. I need to be on my A game!