Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-27-2010, 07:25 AM   #91  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/125

Height: 5'3"

Quick update 'cause I have to run to work: I randomly woke up really sick and I look all puffy and gross...no weigh-in 'till I look like a human being. Good luck with yours!!
PlaygroundLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 203/147.8/135

Height: 5'4''

LOL well hey you know your body better than anyone else! Wait until you're comfortable! I was terrified to weigh in this morning. I just knew I had gained 2 lbs. or something. BUT I am 195.3 so that means I lost .3 lbs. I'll take it! SO total from last Tuesday I've lost 2.4 lbs. That's awesome! I'm so happy! Going to the gym today and I'll talk to you this evening!
Sunshinenmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #93  
One pound at a time...

First off, congratulations!! I knew it was going to be a good week. And I'm still super impressed that you managed to lose while you were in San Antonio...I think most of us wouldn't have done nearly as well. Also, how are you feeling about once weekly weigh-ins....are you keeping, or switching back to daily? I actually think I like it, BUT I just joined a challenge (the Alternachicks Halloween challenge) that requires you to weigh in on Sundays, so I'm changing my weigh-in day from Tuesday to Sunday.

Okay, now for my update....disclaimer: TMI

Sooo right after I wrote that I randomly threw up....and then felt totally fine afterward? I have no idea wtf happened. I ate a frozen meal last night from a brand I'd never tried before (Amy's), so I'm thinking maybe it made me sick? Anyway, whatever happened, I was 100% normal afterward. So I weighed myself just now, after having eaten breakfast and lunch and rehydrated and whatnot, and....196.4! That means I'm down 6 pounds from last week--holy sh**. Where did it go?? Hahaha. I feel like I eat a lot, but I guess I've been working out really hard too...Still, I know you only lose this fast at the beginning of a diet- I'm sure my weight loss will slow soon.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:17 PM   #94  

Thank you!!! I'm pretty stoked about it myself. I can't believe you've lost 6 lbs in a week! The most I've ever lost while dieting in a week is 5 lbs. so you got me beat! I am surprised that I actually like weighing in once a week as well. You get to see that bigger gap in your weight and feel better and more confident!! So, I'm going to stick with once a week.

What do you do for the Halloween challenge? I like that we're doing this together and it's really helping me stick to this more than you know!! So, since you're switching to Sundays I'll go ahead and switch too.

That's super weird about you getting sick, but at least you felt fine afterward. When you feel sick throwing up usually helps. I've found that I can't take vitamins because they make me sick. I tried taking One-a-Day Women's and it made me soooo nauseous and throw up. I thought maybe I was just sick so I took them again the next day and it happened again. Needless to say, I stopped taking them.

As for your weight loss slowing down...live in the moment and enjoy the 6 lbs. a week while you got it!! That's soooo awesome. I worked out at the gym today and did double the time on the elliptical that I usually do. It feels good. I burned 350 cals. on that one machine alone!

I only need to lose 8.7 lbs. to reach my 15 lbs. before Labor Day goal! How bout you?
Old 07-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #95  
One pound at a time...

Sooo I'm an idiot and forget how much I weighed when we "officially" started the Labor Day thing, but I think it was 202...which means that as of today, I need to lose 9 more pounds to make it to my Labor Day goal.

As for the Halloween challenge, there are 14 weeks left until Halloween (well, 14 weeks minus 1 day--it's on a Monday this year). My goal by then is to be "overweight" instead of obese (ugh, I hate saying that), which means I need to lose 27 pounds by then--totally doable, that's less than 2 pounds a week. You're welcome to join if you want! Go to the Alternachicks subforum...it should be one of the first threads.

It's funny that you mentioned getting sick with one a days...they made me SUPER sick too! Now I eat gummy vitamins (hahaha, don't judge me, they're adult formula!) and I never get sick at all. Maybe it's just something about one-a-days....

Also, I'm glad to hear that sticking together is helping you! It's realllly helping me, too. I haven't told any of my friends (or even my family) that I'm trying to get healthier, so without you I would pretty much be doing this alone. You have no idea how much I appreciate the support and motivation
Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #96  

LOL that's ok. Sometimes when I post on other threads I forget what my weight was that day so on some it says yay I way 195.3 and others it's 195.4 or something. That's awesome though. 9 is doable too.

I think I will jump on the Halloween challenge. My birthday is October 24th so it would be nice to be out of the obesity category by my birthday! My friend from Illinois is coming to Texas to visit me then too for her vacation. So that would be cool too to have lost weight and she'll be like wtf?! For me to be out of the obese category by Halloween I need to be 174. So I need to lose 21.3 lbs. If I keep doing my WW and keep exercising I think I can accomplish that. I kind of what to accomplish that goal by my birthday. That is more motivating for me.

What is the brand of gummy vitamins? I need something! I'm not ashamed to take gummy vitamins! I used to LOVE the Flinstone's Vitamins when I was a kid lol.

For some reason I got that urge back today to want to weigh in really bad. I'm not going to do it though! I think it's because I know I ate really well yesterday and kicked my a$$ at the gym. I'll be waiting til Sunday though. That's only 4 days.

It REALLY does help me. Fo sho. My mom, sister, and husband know I'm trying and I update them on Tuesdays (now Sundays) on my progress. Seriously though this is the longest I've ever stuck with it. I usually HATE exercising. I'll start out exercising then I'll just be like F it. I know I can't do that though and can only be successful (in the time frame I want) if I exercise and eat right and you're helping me stay on track! When I hear you kicked your a$$ at the gym and I didn't go I feel guilty and I'll go and work hard haha.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:38 AM   #97  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinenmysoul View Post
yay I way
Uhhh. That's not how you spell way? I'm an idiot. Hahaha.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #98  

This is a test to see if I can figure out how to add photos to a post!!

This is at a St. Louis Cardinals game with my best friend Katy. This is me at my heaviest. BLAH! (I'm on the right)

courtneyandkaty.jpg

This is my and my friend Chelsie on New Years of 07. That's the thinnest and I was around 145-150ish

courtandchels.jpg

This is our engagement photos. I was like....188. I always go up and down. GRR.

below arch.jpg

Finally this is my wedding dress! It was a corset back dress so it sucked me in! LOL.

frontviewofdress.jpg

Hope this works! I think you click on them to make them bigger.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

Well Sunshine, it worked. You are beautiful and look so happy in all of your photos. I keep following your posts since we joined the same day and your posts are uplifting and very easy to read. It's great that you found a weightloss buddy right away, it keeps you so motivated and goal oriented(or so it seems in your posts to each other) Keep up the great work!

Last edited by JJ Canada; 07-28-2010 at 04:28 PM.
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #100  
One pound at a time...

Haha JJ, it's funny that you mentioned that you've read all of them- JUST before logging on I randomly started wondering whether or not anyone else is actually following this thread. Thank you for answering my question

Courtney, your wedding dress was absolutely stunning! And I second what JJ said, you look beautiful and happy in all of the pictures, regardless of weight.

I think 21.3 pounds by your birthday is completely doable...that's still less than 2 pounds a week, which you can definitely do if you stay on plan. I'm super excited for us!! I would kill to wear a cute Halloween costume and not look like a giant blob in it.

My big motivator for the time being is actually pretty far off--I'm setting my sights on the week of Thanksgiving. I leave for school next week and then I pretty much won't see my family (or anyone from my hometown, really) until I come home for fall break, which is the 3rd week of November. My town hosts a bigggg football game every Thanksgiving, and EVERYONE shows up (that's what I get for living in the middle of nowhere, haha). I want to show up at the game and give people something to talk about. There are 17 weeks between now and then, which means I can healthily lose 34 pounds. I *need* to stay on plan between now and then!

This is the longest I've ever stuck with it too...and I totally hear you on feeling guilty when you read the other person's posts, haha! If I read that you're doing really well with your videos, I feel compelled to go out there and do my best, too. It's nice to have someone to share the victories with when we both do well I think eventually I'll tell my family and friends, but as dumb as it sounds, I want to lose more weight first. I feel like I always TELL them I'm losing weight, then fall off the wagon-- and then I feel like I've let them down. This time, I'm not going to say anything until I've proven to myself that I'm in it for the long haul.

Oh, and I checked the brand of gummies- they're Vitafusion Multi-Vites. SO GOOD. I secretly look forward to eating them every day, hahaha.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #101  

Thank you sooo much! I loved that wedding dress. My family (the girls anyway) went with me to pick it out and it was one of the moments ya know like....I tried all these other ones on and we were like aw that's cute or ohh pretty...but when I came out with that one on everyone went nuts and was like THAT IS THE DRESS! Such a fun experience. I am disappointed that I was my heaviest when I got married, but hey it's ok.

I seriously lol'd at your costume blob comment. I always call girls who were skimpy outfits slutty lol but I'd kill to look hot in one too. The time will come! don't you worry!

I was actually going to ask you today if there were any motivators for you to lose weight other than health and looking cute...like is there anyone in particular you want to show "HEY LOOK WHAT I DID!" I know I do. It's my mother in law. She's always so evil (was in the past anyway) I'd tell her I would be losing weight and she'd say well you keep saying that but it just seems like you keep getting fatter. No joke!! SO I want to get thin (thinner than her) and be like BAM BIOTCH!

I always tell everyone too and do the same as you. I get all excited and tell the world how good I'm doing then I screw up. I ALWAYS do that...even though I'm doing better this time I just can't keep my mouth shut lol. I'm really surprising my husband this time though. I always tell him "I'm really gonna do it this time!" He's always supportive, but after 40 times of saying that he's getting a little apprehensive. He's surprised I've stuck with it this long and is excited for me. I'm excited too and I just feel it this time that I'm going to do this. That fact that I keep losing each week doesn't hurt either with the motivation lol.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:45 PM   #102  

By the way, thank you JJ! I'm very happy. I am unhappy about my weight, but I try not to let if get to me too much. After all I am working on fixing that issue! Thanks for the encouragement and compliments. :-) I'm glad I found Dani too! She's the shiz.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:55 PM   #103  
One pound at a time...

Wow, your mother-in-law sounds like she can be a bit of a witch. I can't wait to see you prove her wrong!

I have lots of motives...some are good, some not so much. A big one is actually the Peace Corps- I'm just finishing my application now, and I know that there's pretty rigorous medical check-ups involved before they let you go...they don't want anyone who could potentially pose ANY kind of health problem to go. Obviously, being overweight might be a significant problem, so in order to make my dream come true I have to lose quite a bit.

As far as "evil motivations," I don't really want REVENGE against anyone, but I don't want to be the fat friend anymore. I feel like whenever we're getting ready to go out, my friends are always like "ahhh that looks so hot...can I borrow that dress sometime? Man, you look AMAZING!" to each other, then they turn to me and they're like "oh...yeah....that's...cute," in a really patronizing tone of voice. They're gorgeous girls, so whenever we go out they end up with guys all over them and I...become invisible. I guess I just don't want to be invisible.

That, and I've secretly had a thing for my brother's best friend since I was 11 (yeah, a full DECADE), and he kind of has a thing for me too...but I think the weight thing has always stopped me from doing anything about it. He just moved away so I won't see him until around New Year's, so secretly I'd love to have a slammin' body and make his jaw drop the next time I see him. Maybe then he'll finally get up the guts to kiss me...

Oh my god, I sound like a 14 year old. Pretend that didn't happen, hahaha.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:10 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 181.9/174.5/150

Height: 5 7"

Hey, you said you like chocolate. I'm on weight watchers as well and I found a great smoothie recipe that fills my chocolate cravings and it's fairly low in points. I take 1 banana (2 points), 1 cup FF milk (2 points), and 2 tbs Hersey's sugar free (not light, the light actually has more points) chocolate syrup (0 points), and a small handful of ice and throw it in the blender. The whole thing is only 4 points and it's pretty filling and plus you get a fruit serving and a milk serving in while satisfying your chocolate craving. Give it a try and let me know if you like it. If you don't like bananas then you could just make a plain chocolate shake for only 2 points! I have a banana thing so that doesn't quite cut it for me .
Mandaloef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:22 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

Hey Playground,

YOU GO GIRL!!!and turn that guys head around a few times when you see him again!!!
I'm rooting for ya!
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote