Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #76  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey guys, I'm about to head out so I don't have time for a long response right now (I'll respond sometime later tonight, I promise!) but I just wanted to say:

1) 6 pounds in a week is freaking awesome, Tiffany!

2) Hahaha, no need to apologize for weighing yourself, Courtney! I would've wanted to know before I left for a trip, too. And speaking of trips...

3) HAVE FUN!
PlaygroundLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:26 PM   #77  
One pound at a time...

Courtney, I completely agree about Forever 21 shirts! I think it's not so much a specific STORE I'm looking forward to...it's more like having the ability to buy something because it looks hot, not just because it fits. I am kind of obsessed with the clothes at Modcloth (I still can't link 'cause it hasn't been 20 days, but you can google it), though. They do carry bigger sizes, but I'd rather not wear it till I'm closer to goal.

Based on your last post it seems like you're really close with your family, which is awesome! Are they a good support system for you when it comes to losing weight? I'm super close to my family as well, but....kind of lacking in support from them. I'm totally the black sheep when it comes to health- my brothers are both training for marathons and my dad's got solid abs at age 57. Instead of them being supportive, it's been more like "why did you even get fat in the first place? and why isn't the weight coming off faster?" They mean well, but those comments aren't very helpful.

So I brought home a TON of work from the office this weekend, so to break up the monotony and compensate for the fact that I won't get to go out at all, I decided to cook a different healthy recipe for every single meal. I'll let you know how the culinary adventures go!

To answer your question about exceeding calories, that hasn't been a problem *yet*, but in the past what seems to happen with me is that I'm super on-plan (and not even craving bad food) for like the first month and then, out of the blue, I cave. And once I cave, somehow "just one Hershey's bar" turns into a prolonged bingefest. I've noticed that that always happens at almost EXACTLY the same weight- 189 pounds. 189 is the lowest I've been since the beginning of college, so once I hit that point I get cocky and stop pushing myself. That said, my biggest goal for now is to just break through the barrier and get down to 188. If I can make it past 189, then I'll know that I can stick with this. What usually makes you fall off the bandwagon?

Also, how are you doing with exercise? Are you still doing the video, or have you been going to the gym more?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 203/147.8/135

Height: 5'4''

Yeah my family is amazing. I actually just moved back to Houston from St. Louis in May. I lived in St. Louis while going to college for 4 years so I've been missing them! We've been spending a lot of time together to make up for the last 4 years!! I only got to visit maybe twice a year so it's nice to be home!

They are completely supportive. Mostly because we are just a family who has to watch everything you put in your mouth or you'll gain 20 lbs. over night. My mom recently lost 20 pounds on Jenny Craig and is lookin' smokin' lol. My dad also has lost weight. So, they know how it is and are helpful. My step dad did order pizza tonight and I only had one slice (6pts) cause that's all I had left!!

I understand about the clothes thing. I know girls who are like this is sooo cute! I'll get it in a small and they don't even try it on. They just know it'll look awesome on their body. I want that kind of convenience and security lol.

I have the EXACT SAME issue as you!! I lose a bunch of weight and go die hard in the beginning and then I slip a little...and a little more...until before I know it I'm not exercising or eating right and I'm back to eating chocolate bars every day and fast food every day. I think I said this, but not so long ago I was eating out for every meal. It's shameful!! When I say every, I mean every. Then late at night when I got the munchies I'd go to the convenience store and get a candy bar and a bag of chip and a regular soda. NO WONDER I GOT FAT! DUH!

Well, the exercise vid was amazing, but it started hurting my knee so I'm taking a break from it and doing low impact machines at the gym like the elliptical and bike and etc. My sister is the one with the gym pass so I'm on her schedule which sucks. We were supposed to go tonight, but she was too tired so now I can't go. So when I get back from vacay I'm going to sign up for my own membership I think.

I am so going to push you past 189! You are not stopping this time and neither am I! We are going to look amazing.
Sunshinenmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #79  

By the way, I've seen the Modcloth site and some of their dresses are so freakin adorable and vintage! I'm checked them out too, but their biggest size has the measurements and I know it wouldn't fit. Especially the chest area.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #80  
One pound at a time...

Sooo I caved and weighed myself today too (sorry! I got curious after yesterday...hahaha) and GUESS WHAT?

I'M OUT OF THE 200S!!!! I weighed in at 199.4

The bad news is (uhh, sorry this is way TMI) I also started my TOM today, which means that I'm going to be gross and bloated and probably not lose any weight for the next few days. I think that means I won't weigh myself on Tuesday--I'll weigh myself sometime later next week, whenever it ends. Is that okay? Hahaha.

Re: eating fast food every day, I COMPLETELY understand. Last year I lived on my own for the first time, and I was

a) too lazy to cook and
b) knew no one would see me eating a ton (because I lived alone), so I would just bring home obscene amounts of fast food and eat that for pretty much every meal. I'm kind of disgusted when I look back on it...you're right, it's like "well no WONDER I'm fat!"

Also, I agree with your statement- we ARE going to look amazing...and no way in heck are we stopping. Have you noticed any changes in your appearance yet, or not really so far? I don't think my belly looks any different, but suddenly I have collar bones and wrist bones that I haven't seen in a longggg time! I guess that's a good sign...

Hope you're having fun in San Antonio!
Old 07-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaygroundLove View Post

To answer your question about exceeding calories, that hasn't been a problem *yet*, but in the past what seems to happen with me is that I'm super on-plan (and not even craving bad food) for like the first month and then, out of the blue, I cave. And once I cave, somehow "just one Hershey's bar" turns into a prolonged bingefest. I've noticed that that always happens at almost EXACTLY the same weight- 189 pounds. 189 is the lowest I've been since the beginning of college, so once I hit that point I get cocky and stop pushing myself. That said, my biggest goal for now is to just break through the barrier and get down to 188. If I can make it past 189, then I'll know that I can stick with this. What usually makes you fall off the bandwagon?

Also, how are you doing with exercise? Are you still doing the video, or have you been going to the gym more?
I know EXACTLY what you mean about that number! It seems like when I hit 230/229 (the lowest number I remember being in recent years, though I know 9 years ago when I started dating my husband/was in highschool I was about 215) epic fail happens. In all my efforts I've never gone below 228 without creeping back up. I recently completed a loss program and got to 233, and with healthy eating, regular activity, and getting sick in the last week I weighed in at 229.2 this morning. I am NOT letting me creep back up. I am pushing myself below it! When I see 225, I'll be stoked and know I've broken the 229 hurdle.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:28 PM   #82  

Hi Courtney! Good luck with your goals.. I'm new here also and always looking for inspiration buddies, I'd be happy to exchange emails
Old 07-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #83  
One pound at a time...

Wow, congratulations, Amanda! Getting down to 229 is awesome...and I KNOW you're going to push way past it this time. That's what we're here for
Old 07-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #84  

Thanks! While I was replying in various places here, I realized one more pound will put me at 30 pounds lost from my highest last October! Most of it was in the last couple of months though.. If I can hit that milestone, I have all faith in myself to keep going.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:17 PM   #85  

Hey I'm in San Antonio so this is going to be short until I can fully reply tommorow night but I want to say I am so proud of you for getting out of the200s. Talk to you soon!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:53 PM   #86  
One pound at a time...

Thank you! Enjoy the rest of your trip
Old 07-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #87  

OMG! I had the best time ever. I'm sad to be back lol. I found the coolest effing store called Del Sol. You buy their shirts and they look plain and black and white inside and when they are in the sun they change colors. It's so cool. I bought 2 and a flower for my hair that's white inside and yellow in the sun. I don't know how they do it but I'm hooked now.

I did AMAZING on eating well. We went to the Six Flags theme park and ate there and I got a salad and green beans lol. For snacks I had low cal beef jerkey and fruit. Then we ate at IHOP and I ordered 2 pancakes and a bowl of fruit. The only bad thing I ate was last night at Dick's (a restaurant) and had steak and shrimp and 2 margaritas.Yikes! :-( If you haven't heard of Dick's you need to. It's hilarious! The waiters are mean to you and are literally dicks lol. They have to be. This one waiter was moving through the crowd of people and said to this lady, "Hey! Move with your ugly purse!" THEN they put hats on you that say things that make fun of you lol( I know this place sounds humiliating but after you've had a few drinks you're crackin up. My sisters said "future hooters girl" and mine said "I've made more home movies than Paris Hilton" I couldn't stop laughing lol.

Anyway, I had a great time and it's totally cool if you wait to weigh yourself. I would and will do the same thing when I have mine. I'm so happy you're out of the 200s! That's so awesome. I'll be weighing myself Tuesday to see if I gained or lost any weight since my trip. I hope that me doing well during the day and only eating one bad meal will help me out. Plus we did a crapload of walking around the city and at the theme park.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #88  

By the way, I can't really tell a huge difference appearance wise, but I did notice that my clothes are fitting a little better now. So that's good.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #89  
One pound at a time...

I'm so glad your trip went well! We don't have any Dick's around here, but now I really wanna find one...it sounds hilarious, haha.

I'm also super proud of how well you ate! You're definitely stronger than I am when it comes to "real world situations." I don't trust myself much at restaurants, so now I'm that annoying picky eater who packs their own food whenever possible. Eventually, hopefully, I'll be able to make good choices without needing to neurotically weigh everything out first...

Remarkably, I don't feel bloated or gross at all, so I decided to go ahead with our Tuesday weigh-in tomorrow...I have a good feeling about it! I think it's going to be a good week for both of us.

Also...I don't wanna jinx it, BUT I think next time I go shopping I'm going to try a pair of size 12s. My 14's are literally falling off of me....even with a belt. This is definitely a new thing, haha. I guess maybe I'm making more progress than I thought! I bought a tape measure, so I decided to start tracking inches too. I don't know how often you're supposed to measure really, though, do you? I imagine inches come off slower than pounds.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #90  

LOL yeah Dick's is interesting to say the least! I tried to post a picture but nothing was showing up.

I was being very conscious of what I was eating that's for sure and mid-meal at Dick's I was like aw crap. I shouldn't have had those fried shrimp. Oh well. One bad meal on vacation isn't the worst that could have happened.

That's awesome your 14's are falling off! I wish mine were! I think I must lose weight in my stomach the slowest unfortunately. Dude have you thought about the fact that you've lost 16 lbs.! Makes much more sense you'd go down a size when you look at it that way! That's amazing. I'm kind of dreading weighing tomorrow. I haven't exercised at all, except the whole walking around for hours in the Texas heat thing. That might have helped me out.

I've never been a measurer, but I would say maybe every 2 weeks or something like that. That makes the most sense in my mind anyway, which isn't saying much lol.

It's so crazy for me to go from having to weigh every day to being scared to weigh in lol. I need to find some equilibrium here! I do have to remember though that I shouldn't be looking for a difference from Friday, but a difference from last Tuesday. That way if I haven't lost much from my Friday weigh-in in won't be bad because I can look at my OVERALL weight change from the whole week. Let's cross our fingers for some good numbers!!