Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 226/197/135

Height: 5'2

I am Going Crazy Trying To Figure Out What Went Wrong On This Belly Fat Cure Diet From Jorge Cruise It Looks Totally Awesome I Own The Book And Follow It To A tee but in one weI Actually Went from 202-204 While everyone else from what I read everywhere else including people on here keep saying all the weight their melting off. Check It Out On Here Search And type belly fat cure or also google it or go to amazon. It seems totally awesome just not working for me.

Jamilah
lilweezycarter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:10 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 203/147.8/135

Height: 5'4''

Yeah I've been toying with the idea too. I need to actually set up some mini goals though lol. So far I've just been diving right into it and losing weight, but haven't set any goals for myself. Today I said that I want to lose 15 lbs. by labor day so that's going to be one of my mini goals. We should both set some up and let each other know and post them on here so we can help keep each other accountable and motivated as we work toward them. We probably should reward ourselves too...so I'll think of some rewards for the mini goals and the put that in parentheses next to my mini goal. I'll come up with it and post it later this evening!

How is your day going btw? Struggling at all? I'm trying to find the motivation right now to go do my exercise vid...ugh.
Sunshinenmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #18  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/125

Height: 5'3"

15 by labor day sounds good! My first mini goal is to hit 197, which will officially put me in a lower BMI class (I'll go from obese II to obese I...yikes). I haven't really planned much beyond that, but you're right, we totally should! I'll post mine too once I decide on them.

Also, any idea how many posts we need before we're allowed to PM and have tickers and whatnot?

My day was going well until my boss sprung a lunch business meeting on me. I tried to make good choices, but it still ended up being way more calories than I would have eaten otherwise. On the bright side, I think that's just pushing me to work even harder at the gym tonight, and my eating was great otherwise!

How's your day going? With regards to struggling with the motivation to work out...I can totally relate. What helps me is to just keep picturing how great it'll be when I get to goal. That, and you've already worked so hard- what's one more night? You can do it!
PlaygroundLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #19  

I hate it when unexpected stuff like that happens. Eating out is one of my worst enemies. For a while, when I was gaining all the weight, I was eating out EVERY DAY. It's so sad now that I think back on it. What was I thinking?! I wasn't apparently. Anyway, I just have to steer clear of fast food all together and most restaurants. What's good though about WW is that there's a website that tells me the point values for food at various restaurants. So that helps a lot. Some things you'd think would be low in calories just aren't. Now when I go places too I ask them if they have any pamphlet or board with the nutrition facts for their food. Sorry I'm rambling lol.

I don't know how many posts to PM but I know that you can have a ticker after 25 posts.

My day is good. I almost gave up mid-workout and started crying haha out of frustration and fear of failure AGAIN. I went to my husband and go "Please tell me to go finish the video" so he did and came in there with me. My eating for the day has been great though. So at least I'm proud of that.

I don't even know what my BMI is so I should probably check that out. I know I'm obese :-( I always hate saying that because I don't feel like I look obese, but health wise I am. I'll get back to you with the other mini-goals too. Going to go eat dinner!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:35 PM   #20  

Ok I think I got this

Mini-goal #1- Lose 15 lbs. by or before Labor Day, so get to 186.6 (pedicure and manicure)
Mini-goal #2- BMI no longer in the obesity category at 174 lbs. (10 songs from itunes lol)
Mini-goal #3- 165 lbs. (massage)
Mini-goal #4- 155 lbs. (new purse)
Mini-goal #5-BMI no longer in the overweight category at 145 lbs. (My lowest weight I can remember) (new dress...and shoes lol)
Mini-goal #6- Reach my goal weight of 135 lbs. (vacation with my husband)

It's hard for me to think of rewards because there's not much I really want. So that's what I came up with haha. Goal 3 and 4 are just 10 lb. marks so they don't really signify anything.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #21  
One pound at a time...

Aw, you sound like you have a really sweet and supportive husband I'm really glad to hear that you finished the video!

I just got back from the gym too...hopefully I compensated for eating out at lunch. Do most restaurants actually provide you with the nutrition facts when you ask for them? I usually just google them in advance, but today I couldn't since it was so last minute...ah well.

Anyway, your goals look great! Here are mine:

Mini-goal #1: 197 lbs, move from Obese Class II to Obese Class I
Mini-goal #2: 189
Mini-goal #3: 179
Mini-goal #4: 169 lbs, move from Obese to Overweight
Mini-goal #5: 159
Mini-goal #6: 149
Mini-goal #7: 140 lbs, NORMAL WEIGHT!

I decided to stop at 140 for now, since I know I won't have any idea what my body will look like 'til I get way closer to goal. I'll reassess then and try and figure out what my ACTUAL goal should be...anywhere between 108-140 would put me in a healthy BMI.

I also decided not to include rewards in my list because

a) rewarding myself every 10 pounds will get expensive fast (what about every 20?) and
b) there's not that much I want, like you said.

Instead of setting it in stone, I figure if there's anything I reallllly want (like a bag I've been eyeing or new makeup or something), I'll let myself get it when I hit one of those goals.

I have one more goal that I wasn't sure where to place, haha. I really, REALLY want a pair of Frye boots, but my calves are too big for them at the moment! The second my calves are less than 14" around (I have no idea how long that will take), I'm going after the boots.

I agree with you about the word "obese"...I don't FEEL obese. I don't think I LOOK obese. What an awful word.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #22  

Yeah he is definitely sweet and he has seen me start diets and fall on my face over and over. I told him I want this to be the absolute last time I do this. He will help me and if I go to take a bite of something bad he's like um no haha.

You reminded me though that I want to try that Bare Minerals makeup so I might switch out one of the rewards with that lol! I've been trying to think of a reason to buy it and try it out. Now I have a good one.

I don't know what Frye boots are, but I know what you mean about the calf thing. Luckily, my legs are like the smallest thing on me haha. So, when I get a pair of boots they BARELY zip up and are uncomfortably tight. It's very frustrating. Ok, so now that we have our goals let's start working toward them and let each other know how we're doing along the way.

I have a craptastic right knee that is killing me from working out so I'm going to have to do the light version of my video from now on so I'll prob. be burning less calories. Trying to think of something else to do now to supplement that.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #23  
One pound at a time...

Yikes, what happened to your knee? You could always just go for a long walk, if that wouldn't hurt it too much- it certainly puts less strain on it than a workout video. Also, what about just doing arms/abs tonight and leaving the stress off your knee?

Frye is just a brand that makes reaaally nice (and out-of-my-budget expensive, hahah) leather boots....I tried posting a link, but apparently I can't do that till I have more posts either.

I'm experiencing some MAJOR scale frustration- I've been eating perfectly and working my butt off at the gym and it hasn't budged a single ounce in a few days. I know that's more normal after you've been losing for a while, but usually at the start of a diet you drop a lot of pounds reasonably quickly...which I'm not doing. I can't figure out what's going on!

Ahh, Bare Minerals is SO GOOD. I definitely recommend it as one of your rewards How's your day going?
Old 07-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #24  

Well, I've had weak ligaments in my knee since I was a kid. My doctor made me drop out of my 8th grade dance class in middle school lol. So it has always been a problem if I do any workouts with a lot of impact so like running, jumping, etc. I am going to go back to the gym with my sister for a few weeks I guess and do the elliptical and bike until my knee starts acting better then go back to the video but do the low impact version.

Yeah this site is weird about letting you post links and stuff.

I am experiencing scale frustration too!! I'm getting pissed. This is what my weights have done for the past 4 days

It's STUPID! I'm used to losing quite a bit at first too and I'm doing perfect on my diet. I'm not cheating, I'm exercising...so I too don't understand what the effin deal is. GRR. Ok so are you weighing everyday? Cause I am. Maybe we should both try to not weight again until next week. My weigh-in day is on Tuesday..so if you can make it I'll try to make it too until then without weighing. THEN maybe if we see a larger drop we'll be happier and less frustrated lol. I'm down to try if you are.

I went in once to get them to do a "makeover" basically just to see what it looks like and I loved it. It's just a bit expensive, but perfect for a reward :-)

My day is going great. I went and bought a bathing suit today (ugh) for my trip this weekend. My family and I are going to the Guadalupe river this weekend to a cabin to stay and float down the river and on tubes. I always feel though when I get a bathing suit I'm stuck get the grandma ones. It's like they only make cute suits for size 6 girls. Super annoying. Let me know if you want to try the not weighing til Tuesday thing.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #25  

I just noticed I have 9345309485039845 typos in my last post so forgive me haha. I'm a little tired!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:34 PM   #26  
One pound at a time...

Haha no worries, I didn't even notice the typos...I guess I'm a little tired too!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one whose numbers are doing bad things. The last 4 days my weight has literally just been

I'm totally willing to try not weighing til Tuesday! I think it'll be hard for both of us (since weighing daily gets kind of addictive), but wayyy worth it if we actually see the numbers go down. I vow not to get on the scale before Tuesday if you don't, haha.

I agree with you about swimsuit shopping...super frustrating! Is it just me, or are a lot of clothes for "bigger girls" designed to look like something my mom/grandmother should be wearing? Hopefully you found something cute
Old 07-14-2010, 09:51 PM   #27  

Ok it's a deal then! No weighing til Tuesday. It's going to be hard because I'm definitely addicted to hopping on the scale as soon as I wake up. Tuesday we'll compare loss and then go from there. Hopefully it'll be something to be excited about! Just keep it up, keep eating right, and exercising and we'll see a loss. No worries!

I tried to find something cute. It's a one piece though. (not brave enough for a 2 piece yet) I agree about the clothes though and especially bras and undergarments. I still want to have a cute bra and underwear even if I am bigger! All the cute lacy bras are for the teeny tiny chicks while I get stuck with something ugly. Luckily I found Fredrick's of Hollywood and they make cute bras and lingerie and such for lots of sizes. It's awesome. Before I found that I was wearing the ugly grandma bras from Wal-Mart lol.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #28  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:51 PM   #29  
One pound at a time...

How was scale-less day #1? I'm not going to lie, I've been having a staring contest with mine all day- I REALLY want to know what that number is! Hahaha, hopefully a few days without weighing will help us break the habit before it gets obsessive.

Also, is Frederick's of Hollywood a store, or do you have to order online or something? I don't think I've ever heard of it...Victoria's Secret actually carries a surprising amount of sizes, BUT it's also super expensive.

I experimented with avocado today (which I had never really tried before), and I decided I love it! It's high in calories (for a fruit/veggie, anyway), but it's "the good kind of fat," I think.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:10 PM   #30  

Well, it was VERY hard for me too. This morning I almost forgot, went to the scale went through my routine of undressing haha and was like oh wait. I want to know too, but this is going to be good for us!

Fredericks' of Hollywood is a store. It's a lingerie type store and they carry my size 40F lol. At Victoria's Secret I can fit into a 40DD but I pop out the top a little, which I'm not a fan of.

I absolutely LOVE avocado and you're right it is the good kind of fat. That makes me think of this thing I read in my weight loss journal I bought at Border's. It says:

Adding a little fat can give you a lot more nutrition. When lettuce, carrots, or spinach were eating with avocado, test subjects absorbed 8 to 13 times more antioxidants, including beta carotene, linked to cancer and heart disease reduction.

So yeah it's good on a lot of different levels. I've been experimenting with baby spinach leaves lately. They're more nutritious than regular iceberg lettuce. So today I put some on my sandwich instead of lettuce and last night my husband made tilapia and white rice and I added in some baby spinach leaves and it was amazing.

I'm going out of town tomorrow until Sunday so I won't be replying for a bit. Just wanted you to know so you didn't think I dropped off the face of the earth lol. It's a good thing we're going out of town too I guess because I won't have a scale there to be tempted by!