Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 203/147.8/135

Height: 5'4''

LOL ok I forgive you. At least you didn't do what my mom did. She was prescribed Ambien to sleep and she took that after she drank and sleep walked into a speaker by the computer and crashed into the wall and woke up with bruises EVERYWHERE and didn't remember it lol.

I heard too that sleeping does that. I also heard it's best to exercise in the morning so try doing it after you wake up and maybe it'll give you a boost of energy for the rest of the day. I went out to a club with my sister last night (lol first time at an actual dance club) and so that was my workout! 2 hours of non-stop dancing and I was sweaty and tired! I've switched my weigh-in day to Sunday since Dani is weighing in on Sundays for the Alternachicks Halloween challenge. So, tomorrow. I am SO nervous. I feel like I've completely fallen off the wagon. I haven't counted my calories at all this past few days, haven't exercised, and have been eating crappy. I keep coming on here and saying that and it's because it's continuing. I CANNOT DO THIS. Damnit.

Since Sunday is my weigh day now it'll be the start of my new week of WW too. So, my points start over and I'm going to exercise EVERY day and follow my points. I have a feeling tomorrow will show a gain in weight, but that's ok I'll get it back off.
Sunshinenmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:41 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

I weighed myself this morning and was up 2 lbs...AAARGH! But today is a new week and I"m gonna start new. I have not been counting points at all for the weekend so I wasn't surprised.
I did get a workout in this weekend though. I was digging soil into a wheelbarrow and moving it to another area to fill in holes. I was sweating and getting blisters so it better have given me a good workout!!!
We are GOING to do this. No GIVING UP!!! Things wil get better and easier. That's what so many of the others have been saying. They say it becomes a way of life. I'm just wondering when that will happen!?!
But don't worry...I feel the same as you but we have got to encourage each other. Just you wait till Dani gets back, you are going to surprise her with how much you have lost!! You have been doing great, just keep it up
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:59 PM   #153  

Here's the big news. American Idol auditions are in Austin, Texas this week and I didn't know it. I don't know how I feel about that show, like if it's staged or what, but I do know that I've always wanted to at least try out. I really wanted to lose all the weight I needed to and THEN go...but with it being this week I'm not going to be able to accomplish my goals before I go. I've only sang in really small venues so I don't know if I can cope with my nervousness. I don't have a lot of money and I'd have to drive out there and wait in line four hours on end. I want to chase my dream...but am I thin enough? Am I ready for this? I don't know yet, but I have to give it a shot. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Say a prayer for me.

I gained a pound too! :-( I'm so sad. It's my own fault though. I got back on track though and I'm doing fine. I just have to stick with it. This weight loss will be about ups and downs I just have to remember that and to not give up!

Last edited by Sunshinenmysoul; 08-09-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:06 PM   #154  

Courtney!!! Go for it!!! I'm soo excited for you. You will have a great time! And there are overweight people out there who have made it big. Winona Judd, Rita McNeil(and I doubt you look like her) I am sure there are more but I can't think of any. You are beautiful and I'm sure you have great voice so give it all you've got. You can't say you didn't try then! I can't wait to hear how you do

I've been good today as well. I did 7 mins on the elliptical(boohoo) but I figure it's better than nothing and I will get on again tomorrow and try for 8 mins. My legs, just above my knees, hurt pretty bad(just that good burn i guess) but I gave up pretty quick since my kids needed their lunch and were waiting for me.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #155  

Thank you! My roommate from college lives near Austin and she said I could come stay with her while I went through the process so I don't have to pay for a hotel. So, that'll definitely help! I'm very excited and very nervous at the same time. It's a 3 hour drive up there, but that's ok. Nobody from my family can go with me. That's what makes me sad. My mom and dad and husband all have to work. I would ask my sister to go, but I don't want to impose on my friend by asking her if my sister could stay there too. I guess this is just something I'll have to do on my own!

I've done amazing to day with eating. I'm very proud and I'm going to the gym tonight with my sister to work out. I'm hoping that pound will have disappeared by the time I get back from Austin.

It would be so surreal and a dream come true if I made it through to Hollywood lol. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but that's hard you know? Here goes nothing!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #156  

When are you leaving? And how long does the process take? Maybe you'll have really good news for Dani when she gets back! what type of activities do you do at the gym? I'm wondering if I should get a workout DVD or not since a gym membership is out of the question for me. Any recommendations?
Old 08-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #157  

I'm leaving in the morning at around 7 a.m. and it was EXTREMELY short notice. I haven't been able to rehearse that much and I'm scared if I start really rehearsing now I'll lose my voice or something. UGH! I go tomorrow to get a wristband to try out then I come back at 5 a.m. on Wednesday morning to line up and get separated into groups to do the preliminary auditions. I've never done this before so we'll see. I would love to hope that I have good news for her! There are thousands of ppl auditioning though and Austin is one of the big music capitals of the U.S.

I do the elliptical at the gym, then I do the bike, then I do arms and back, then I do the abs machine. I had to build myself up to all that, but I spend about an hour there. I was doing the biggest loser workout vid and I loved it but I couldn't do it because there were a lot of squats and lunges and it was hurting my knees ( I have a bad knee )
Old 08-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #158  
Lori

S/C/G: 280/280/180

Height: 5'7"

welcome to 3FC. I am new to the site too. I have checked in a couple times today to read the great stories and goal accomplishments and it definitely feels like it will be a great place to be a part of for the friends and for the support. If you need anything, i am hear to listen. :-)
lori8809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:09 AM   #159  

I wondered about hand weights and if they are beneficial for a home workout. Also pilates has always interested me(not sure why, but maybe I should look into it) Is it a Jillian Micheals Vid?,The Biggest loser one you have?
Anyways I'm thinking about you out in Austin...all the best wishes to you !!!!You WILL do great!!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:51 AM   #160  
Motivated by Life/Love

S/C/G: 313/Ticker/160

Height: 5'5 1/2

GOOD LUCK!!!! You will do great! My friend just did the Orlando Idol competition and he is one of the 4 finalists, he finds out tomorrow who out of the 4 wins and the news station who hoted the competition is paying for them to audition for American Idol He is very excited! His name is Tim Eason, look him up
We went to the gym for the first time the other night and my thigs are on FIRE!!!!! haha like you said a good burn, it hurts I did the Eliptical for 10 minutes and the treadmill for 5 miles...I burned 350 calories in a little over an hour but i feel it. Then yesterday we got all new furniture for the whole house and moving doubled my pain. I fractured my knee twice when I was younger and am paying dearly now
So weigh in is tomorrow and I am excited and nervous! But tomorrow will make a month that I have been on WW with NO CHEATING!!! but only one day of excercise I will be pleased if I reached my mini goal of 10lbs a month...Talk to you ladies tomorrow! GOOD LUCK AGAIN!!!
mzitalian25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:31 PM   #161  

WOOHOO!!! I weighed in this morning at 238.8 lbs!!! So excited to see this number again! Uugh...it's TOM coming soon and I hope it doesn't throw for a loop! Last time that's when I gave up! Can't wait till you are all back

Mizitalian...I know what you mean about the burn...oooh. It's been two days since I went on the elliptical...don't tell Courtney! Haha!

Last edited by JJ Canada; 08-12-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #162  

missing you guys!! Come back soon
Old 08-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #163  
Motivated by Life/Love

S/C/G: 313/Ticker/160

Height: 5'5 1/2

Hey JJ! I dont know where the other 2 are And I work soo many hours its hard to get online at times..We just bought all new furniture which was exciting! I got my excercise for sure...My weigh in on friday was 302.6 !!! SO i met my first mini goal of 10 pounds (which is what I would like to lose every month) I am soooo excited and even more motivated. I still cant believe how this month has breezed by.... Once I get under 300 I can start my Wii Fit again which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
mzitalian25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #164  

I'm back!! I didn't make it all the way through on American Idol, but hey there were thousands of people there so it doesn't hurt my feelings! It doesn't mean I'm not a good singer, just not what they're looking for and there are plenty of other avenues I can take!!

I went out while I was in Austin of course and saw a friend I haven't seen in a really long time. It was a blast, but I'm glad to be back home now and on 3FC!! I just got a gym membership with a friend and it's only 10 dollars a months. AWESOME! I went with my friend today and let me tell you she kicked my ever loving butt. We were there for over 2 hours and I'm not going to be able to lift a toothpick in the morning!!

I haven't weighed myself since I've been back, but I'm going to go to the gym all this week and keep up with my Weight Watchers and weigh this coming Sunday to see how I'm doing.

Excited for you MZ!! Keep it up and we'll all get there. We'll all reach our goals eventually as long as we don't quit.

By the way....JJ GET ON THAT ELLIPTICAL!! LOL!
Old 08-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #165  

It was too quiet when you were gone, and I'm so glad you are back!!

Great attitude Courtney! Your talent will someday be heard all over. I was hoping I would be able to hear you on Youtube or something but I'm not sure how many they actually post on there.

I joined the 30 lbs by Christmas challenge ans sure hope I get there with all the others!!

It's been a little slow going on the poundage here but I better get on that elliptical SOON!!! like tonight!!!

Hope Dani comes back soon too!