Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #61  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/125

Height: 5'3"

Hey, sorry! I had to work late today.

So I weighed in at 202, meaning I'm down 3 pounds! I'm a little grouchy that I'm still in the 200's, but I'll take it, haha.

And I'm super glad to hear that your weekend didn't have any negative effects on your weight loss. A pound is great-- I'm proud of us!

So now that you've done your first week scale-less, what do you think...stick to weekly weigh-ins, or go back to daily? I can't decide...on the one hand, weekly is probably more rewarding. On the other hand, I'm super duper impatient! I think I won't weigh again till next Tuesday and I'll reassess then. Maybe slowly I'll become less scale obsessed.

I also like the "progress pictures" idea. Maybe I'll do one once every 10 pounds or something...

Also, going back to what you were saying last night about cravings- I'm obsessed with chocolate too, so I've been finding ways to incorporate it and still lose, haha. My 2 favorite things so far are Quaker's Mini Delights in Chocolate Mint (they're like, rice cake bites drizzled in mint chocolate) and Skinny Cow Double Fudge Brownie ice cream. A bag of the Mini Delights is 90 calories, and a whole container of the Skinny Cow is only 150. Mmmm, there's also chocolate pudding...

...okay, I have to stop talking about this, I'm getting too hungry :P
PlaygroundLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 203/147.8/135

Height: 5'4''

3 lbs! Holy cow that's awesome! We are pretty awesome I must say lol. Ok..so, we'll try one more week scaleless and see how we feel about it next week? I'm down for that again. I can't decide either right now. We only tried it once so doing it again is prob. the best idea.

A pic every 10 lbs. is a great idea. Which means I should prob. take one now so I can have to compare at 187. I'll have my husband take one tonight.

I love the 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzels too. Those are amazing. Today my husband came home from lunch and wanted fried okra....DUDE! I made him some and didn't eat ANY. I couldn't believe my will power haha. I freaking love fried okra. Ohhh chocolate pudding is good too. If I get the sugar free kind it's only 1 points on weight watchers.

Well, I'm going to my dad's house for dinner tonight. He's making shrimp and chicken alfredo...I don't know what to do lol! I'll have a small small small plate I suppose. WHAT DO I DOOOO?
Sunshinenmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #63  
One pound at a time...

I'm proud of you for saying no to the fried okra! It's 90x as hard to say no when it's right in your own kitchen.

Hmm...as for dinner at your dad's, what about a whole heap of veggies and a little bit of the alfredo? Also, would you feel comfortable telling him you're trying to watch your weight so he'll have food on hand that you can eat more of in the future?

I'm on a mission to figure out how to eat as much as is humanly possible and still stay under 1400 calories per day. The sandwich I'm eating right now was a great success--it's f*@&ing huge! Avocado, chicken breast, tomato, cheese, and veggie bacon...yummm.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #64  
One pound at a time...

Hey, also, I was just thinking...if you don't mind answering (I completely understand if you don't want to), what size are you? I'm a 14 right now, but I was reading stats for other people around my height and it amazed me how much variation there was! One of my best friends is pretty close to me in height and weight (maybe an inch taller and 10 pounds heavier) and we can share shirts, but she wears size 22 jeans-- go figure.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #65  

Well. The dinner was a success. I only had a small plate of food and he had the option of cheesecake (of course) and watermelon so I went with the melon. I think I did fine. I'm also going to the gym in a little bit so if I did go over my points I'll just burn it off.

I don't mind telling you at all! We are on a weight loss forum after all. I'm currently a size 16, and that's comfortably and a little baggy. I can fit a 14 but it's a little bit tight. I'm sure after I reach my Labor Day goal a 14 will fit just fine. That's what I've worn for as long as I can remember, but once I went up to 203 I went up to a 16 and I'm just not having that. Sizes def. do vary! I was reading on here about some people who weigh more than me, but wear a smaller size. It's crazy.

Here is something really sad. I was shopping at Kohl's and found a cute grey skirt for a job interview. I could have SWORN it said 16 and it was a little baggy, but fit ok. It was on clearance so I went ahead and got it and when I got home I noticed it was an 18. I almost had a full on nuclear melt down. I've also been looking at my photos of me in my bathing suit this weekend at my river trip and I look so TERRIBLE. I can't wait to lose weight now...it makes me sick.

I do that too with getting the most food for my points. Bananas are really filling and they're only 2 points. Also, there are some frozen smart ones meals that are only 3 points!! For a whole effing meal. That's pretty amazing if you ask me. I know I'm talking in the whole point lingo but you get the idea.

I seriously lol'd about the f***ing huge sandwich hahahaha.
Get it girl! LOL.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #66  
One pound at a time...

Hahahahah for some reason the "Get it girl!" after my sandwich comment made me laugh out loud.

I'm glad dinner went well, and I'm super proud of you for choosing the watermelon! I don't know that I would have been strong enough to turn down cheesecake, haha.

As for your Kohl's skirt, sizing can vary a lot by brand. I'm a comfortable size 14, and one of the tightest, most ill-fitting pairs of pants I own is an 18! I have no idea what's up with them. Still, I know it's hard to see a higher number than you're expecting. Man, I think it'll be the best day EVER when I buy a pair of pants in a single digit size.

Bananas don't fill me up for some reason...they're one of my favorite goods, and they're kind of dangerous for me- I sit down to have 1 and end up eating like 3. I agree with you though, the Smart Ones meals are great! Don't worry about speaking in points lingo- one of my housemates is on WW, so I'm pretty used to it. I just mentally convert- 1 point is usually roughly 50 calories.

How do you figure out points, by the way? Like, if you're out to dinner or somewhere where the number isn't readily available, how do you know?

Last night I ran myself into the ground at the gym, but it felt so good! I had taken the night before off, so I think I ran twice as hard. Hopefully my workout tonight will be equally good, although it's storming outside and it's killing all my motivation! How's your day going?
Old 07-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #67  

LOL. Well today is turning out to be a pretty crappy day. I do really great yesterday and have a total mental lapse today for some reason. I baked these brownies....hahahaha that's prob. all I need to say. They were out of the weight watchers cook book and are 3 pts. per brownie. Not too terrible for a brownie and all, but I've had 2 and ate a slice of pepperjack cheese....I don't even know where that craving came from. Anyway, so I have 5 points left for the day and so I guess all I get now is a Smart Ones and that's that.

NOW my dad invited me and my 2 sisters to go with him this weekend to San Antonio lol for a 3 day weekend. GEEZ. I'm getting invited to go on vacations left and right. He's paying so I'm cool with it. I'm just worried about screwing up again. I'm sure there won't be any drinking on this trip though so that will save me some stress.

For going to restaurants I use dwlz.com and it has like 2094380293840219834098 restaurants on there and you can click on whichever restaurant and it shows you the menu and how many points each thing is. So I take my iphone with me and connect to the website while there lol. If the rest. isn't on the site I go with a salad and baked potato that way I know what I'm getting.

I went to the gym last night and burned quite a few calories. So, that was good.

I should've never made those effing brownies. Fml.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #68  

The dwlz.com website also shows the calories for each item too. So, that's something you might be interested in. When you go to the site on the top click restaurants and then scroll down. They're all on there.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #69  
Motivated by Life/Love

S/C/G: 313/Ticker/160

Height: 5'5 1/2

Hey ladies! Congrats on your weight loss!!! WAY TO GOOOO....any loss is a loss, so be proud! I do my first weigh in tomorrow morning, im excited and nervous! My cousin said that at her WW meetings they say its important to weigh the same time and day of every week, i am impatient like you as well. This was my first week and i weighed everything out to a tee and ate all my points. I will be starting excercise tomorrow but just my wii fit and bike riding for now. I am makeing a goal for this first week to get up earlier and do 30 minutes before breakfast and then 30 minutes after dinner
I have not tried biggest loser but love regualr wii fit (especially the hula hooping) (talk about a workout!!!! haha) and i was laughing too about your sandwich, for my breakfast i have a wheat bagel, 3 egg whites, 3 strips turkey bacon and a slice of fat free cheese YUM!!!! its 9 points BUT it is soooo filling so it lasts me longer.
Another trick I have learned is for example baked lays chips(i never ate chips before WW really) says serving size like 18 chips or 1oz, if you weigh out the 1oz you get more chips haha
pictures is a good idea monthly! i copied and pasted pictures of me and my fiancee, dog and little cousin (because i want kids) and put motivation in big letters and have put them in my binders for WW and on my mirrors and let me tell you IT HELPS!!!!
Sorry this is long! had to catch up, Im Tiffany by the way
mzitalian25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #70  
Motivated by Life/Love

why doesn't my picture show up and darn it i want a ticker!!! lol
Old 07-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #71  
One pound at a time...

Courtney- Thanks for the link to dwlz.com! It looks super helpful...I always freak out before going to restaurants 'cause I feel like I don't know what I'm eating, haha.

Don't guilt yourself too much about the brownies. You satisfied the craving at least, right? And from the sound of it, you didn't even go over your points. It's okay to have "mental lapses"--we're still relatively new to this. I think the important thing is to keep going anyway This week's been weird for me too..I swear, last night I was borderline fantasizing about high-calorie foods, hahaha. I was watching Food Network at the gym (okay, not the best idea I've ever had) and at one point it occurred to me that this is probably how 13 year old boys feel about the Playboy channel. Sigh.

Tiffany- I bet your weigh-in is going to go great! It sounds like you've done a good job of staying on plan, and you totally already HAVE been doing exercise. "Just wii fit and bike riding" still counts, y'know! I would bet that you're burning more than you think you are Your breakfast sounds so good! I'm not a morning person, so I'm pretty much perpetually running late to work and never have time to make anything...I usually end up just scarfing down Greek yogurt (mmm, Chobani) somewhere between tracking down my other shoe and applying eyeliner.

Also, to answer your question about the ticker, I think you need to have been a member for at least 20 days and have at least 20 posts. I can't wait to post mine, either!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:36 AM   #72  

No problemo. I think it's super helpful too! I used it today because I had lunch with my mom and she wanted to go to Golden Corral. A freaking buffet of all places for a dieter to go to lunch. BUT I did amazing. I had a piece of rotisserie chicken, green beans, steamed broccoli, and a SMALL serving of mashed potatoes (couldn't help myself on that one lol)

THEN I go to hang out with my 2 sisters so we can get pedicures and eat sushi(which is tasy and low in cals) and then I ended up at my dad's house singing all night lol. We're a musical family haha.

I leave tomorrow afternoon for my San Antonio trip. I think I'll have internet access at the hotel this time so I'll get on and keep you updated on my eating habits so I can stay accountable lol. They have a pool there so I plan to get in and swim laps for exercise.

ALSO I wanted to ask you something. I kind of want to weight before I go on this trip and then when I get back to see the diff. Do you mind if I break the Tuesday weigh and check it tomorrow? It's purely for experimental purposes lol to see if I gain on the trip.

I was supposed to go to the gym tonight...but like I said...singing at my dad's house until like...11:00 p.m. So I screwed myself over there. Once we get started though there's no stopping us haha.

Btw, that's why I made those brownies the other day cause I was daydreaming about chocolate hahaha. So I got the WW cookbook out and started going mmmmm and made them. I only had one today LOL. So, much better!!

Are you going over your calories at all? You need to get on my a$$ about the gym thing too lol. I need to GO every day and no excuses. Not even my favorite thing in the world (singing) can get in the way.

OHH ok I know I'm writing forever, but tell me if you agree. One big milestone for me will be when I can wear Forever 21 shirts and pants/skirts. They only go up to a large so I can only buy shirts from there that are stretchy :-( I want to be able to buy the cute stuff and not be stuck with stretch shirts that are ill fitting. Any stores like that for you?
Old 07-23-2010, 09:02 AM   #73  
Motivated by Life/Love

So my first weight in was this morning, and I have not started excercising yet (today will be day one ) and I weighed in at 307.00!!!!! YAY!!!! and I lost a point, haha So I am down 6 pounds. This next week my goal is 8 pounds to be uder 300. I know that I have a larger goal than you gals BUT its just as hard and doesnt just melt off As far as sweets, I have the apple cinnamon rice cakes which are delish every day, 8 of them is 1 point ad the i made a WW recipe of no bake pumpkin spice cheesecake- OMG its 4 points but is sooo good and I dont eat it everyday (shawn does lol)

Have a great weekend on your trip and remember this little quote when eating

"There is nothing you can't have tomorrow so there is no reason to eat it all today"

If you ladies like meatloaf try WW Mexican Meatloaf, its to die for!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #74  

I'm glad you've lost 6!! Congrats!! I didn't know those rice cakes were 8 for a point. That's awesome. I'm for sure getting some. I freaking love pumpkin anything so I bet that cheesecake is awesome. Unfortunately, I don't trust myself enough to make one yet after my bad experience I just had with the brownies. Once I feel like I have my eating under control a little better I'll make one and you'll have to give me the recipe.

I'm sure this weekend will be phenomenal! I'm just worried about all the eating out we'll prob. be doing. I'm going to take my own snacks and such to try to help that out.

I love the quote! Thank you! I tried the WW Spicy Meatloaf the other night and it was really delicious. My mom didn't like the thyme in it, but I thought it was excellent and only 6 points for a big ol' piece. Good luck this week losing more! I know you'll reach your goal!

Dani, since I'll prob. be gone before you get off work today I went ahead and weighed before my trip and I'm 195.6. So 2 lbs. since Tuesday! Like I said, I'm only doing this to see if I gain over the trip. I'll have internet access this weekend so I'll talk to you later this evening I think!! Bye and if I don't have internet keep up the good work! :-)
Old 07-23-2010, 10:49 AM   #75  
Motivated by Life/Love

Thank you! I am very encouraged! however I just realized my wii fit says it has a wegith limit of 300lbs (this is the biggest i have been and only in the last month) so shawn brought up a great idea, we are going to do the dancing with the stars workout video all week then wii fit next week
Do you have a WW calculator? Bring it everywhere! And suggest appleby's because they have WW items on their menu
something i read in my WW stuff is that if you go out to eat then automatically ask for a to go box when they bring your food and cut everything in half hey leftovers for later!!!
my cousin also suggested writing down things you typically eat out on a index card ahead so you have an idea of portions and points
have a great weekend and talk to you later and I have PLENTY of WW recipes and find more everyday...

tonight i am making broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken (i can have 2) then i am going to mix macaroni(1 cup), broccoli (1cup)and butter (2tbs) together and then 1 cup of apple sauce YUMMO!!!!