Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #46  
One pound at a time...

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/125

Height: 5'3"

Haha, yeah we are!

As for your goal...Labor Day is still 7 weeks away, which means if you lose 2 pounds a week (and one extra somewhere along the line), you'll be fine- that's totally doable! I started poking around the forums and noticed all the weight loss/exercise challenges there are...I think for added accountability I'm going to start taking part in some of those.

It's cool that you work out with your sister...are you close in age or weight? My older brother is training for a marathon so I went on a run with him the other day "for motivation"....worst mistake ever. I was dying and on the verge of tears and he was moving effortlessly (which makes sense- he runs like 18 miles every few days, and I think we ran 2, hahaha). He did say something that stuck with me, though. I wanted to take a break and we were near a hill and he goes, "If you stop at the bottom of a hill, you'll never get to the top. Keep going." I know he was talking about running, and I know this is totally cheesy of me, but I think that's pretty good life advice in general...

And speaking of things our family members say, your mom's "cheap speaker" line made me laugh out loud. I may have to use that from now on. I'm definitely a shot person too, I agree with you! It gets the job done quickly, hahaha.

VicSin- If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?
I've always been curious about those Carmen Electra videos...is most of the workout dancing? And does it ACTUALLY involve stripping? I'd be scared to try it- I have two left feet, which is the same reason I haven't tried zumba...
PlaygroundLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 203/147.8/135

Height: 5'4''

You're right. I've got time! My sister and I are NOT close in weight lol. Height yes, weight no. She's 5'4'' and 145. So she's only 10 away from my goal. She's cute lol. My husband is much more in shape than me so I can't keep up with him in exercise either. He's the same height as me too at is 160. Pretty muscley. I do think that is good advice and a guideline to go by in life. You have to keep pushing through when you want to give up or you'll never get anywhere.

My mom is freakin' hilarious. She comes up with some sayings sometimes that I'm just like...where do you get these things?

I would so love to be able to do a marathon at some point. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to with my knee, but who knows. Dancing will kick your butt though!! When we go out and dance I get tired and sore and sweat so I know I'm burning calories!

Close to weigh-in day!!! Excited!
Sunshinenmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:03 AM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaygroundLove View Post
Welcome, ladies!

Jj0383- How’s the food journaling going? I’ve been doing it for a bit now too…I think mostly it’s a good thing, but I’ve found myself getting a little obsessive- it throws me off when I eat something I don’t know the exact calorie count of (like if you go out to eat). I also understand what you mean about needing someone to keep you motivated…hopefully this site will help.
It's actually going really well..I'm hoping that with me writing everything I eat down that I'll eat only foods that are good for me and not bad ones since I'll have to write it down then feel as if I cheated myself or something like that. But yes, I've been lurking reading everyone's stories about their weight and it makes me believe that I can and will lose the weight over time.
jj0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #49  

I do a food journal as well. I think it's really helpful actually. I got one from Border's the bookstore and it has like daily tips and info and places for you to write what you ate and what time and your level of hunger.

It also had me write down in the beginning what emotion I was feeling when I ate and the eating environment. I found that sometimes I was eating because someone else around me was eating. Like, if they were having a sandwich and offered me one I'd have one just because they were even if I wasn't that hungry. Then it had me write down my post-meal thoughts. It's actually very helpful, especially if you're an emotional eater like me!!
Old 07-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

Hi there Sunshinemysoul,

I too am doing WW at home. I started last wednesday and have been doing pretty good. My sundays are hard. It'd be great to share...have you checked out the WW at home thread? There doesn't seem to be alot of action there though. It's neat to see the responses that you get on the main page here. Good luck to you and may we all be an inspiration to one another
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:49 PM   #51  
One pound at a time...

SO CLOSE to weigh-in day! I'm going crazy, hahaha...how do people seriously only do this once a week?

I have so little motivation to go to the gym today- it's stormy outside and all I want to do is curl up in bed and watch things I tivoed, haha. I guess I'll suck it up and go to the gym anyway...

Have any of you guys thought about starting weight loss blogs? I've been thinking about it, but I don't know if I'd actually write in it. I guess it can't hurt, right?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #52  
Motivated by Life/Love

S/C/G: 313/Ticker/160

Height: 5'5 1/2

I have thought about it but I think this is funner! Do any of you have a wii? if so i love wii fit and my walk it out and jillian michaels games, and they really do work I sit down at night during TV time and write out all my food for the next day to equal my points, right now I have 38 points! holy points right!!! haha i fee better about planning ahead and measuring and doing everything the night before so then tomorrow i know no matter what this i smy food and i portion it out throughout the day to last... i wanna weight myself too!!! I chose Friday mornings as my"pay day" i figured that is really my pay day for work but how rewarding it will be every frday to see my progress....
are you excercising on ww? I was told not to excercise the first week then read some posts on here that said wait until the 3rd week and try to get use to the points and food first, what are yalls thoughts?
i also was reading on here in the ww section about eating less points one day and more the next but still your same amount of points in a week...sorry i am rambling just trying to type everything i am thinking so i dont forget.
about the challenges lets on take one on and post our results
mzitalian25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:36 PM   #53  
Overly self-confident?!

S/C/G: 240/229/140

Height: 5'4"

Sunshine, have you tried yoga for your knee? While my knees are currently holding their own, a friend of mine who had a serious accident and who now has serious knee problems has gotten a lot of it under control with yoga. Now, I don't know what TYPE of yoga ('cause I'm kind of an idiot in that department), but it keeps her moving and living like she wants to.
SmilingAtTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:18 PM   #54  

Ahhh I know! It's tomorrow morning. I was feeling really positive about it all week and now I'm just nervous. If I don't see a drop I know I'll be seriously bummed. Grr. If I see a nice drop then I might keep up this one week weigh thing. Like...if I do it daily and see it fluctuate or don't see a drop I get depressed lol..but if you don't know what your weight is doing all week it keeps you on top of eating right and exercising so you DO see some results! For me anyways.

JJ yeah WW at home works for me!! I know how to do it all and the meetings are for support, which I feel I'm getting here on this site just fine and don't need to pay $12 a week for it!

I have been wanting to get a Wii but don't want to spend the cash!! The Wii fit looks so fun!! I'm doing the Labor Day Challenge. Lose a certain amount of weight by then. I chose 15 lbs. so maybe we can all get in on that in some way. Pick a goal and try to get to it and compare results at the end!

Smling: I was JUST talking to my mom about doing Yoga. She has super crazy anxiety lol so I told her we should try it together because it might help her stress and would be good for my knee. My knee is ok, but it's not great. If I do anything that has a lot of impact or even stand on it for a long time it starts hurting. Then it'll get better if I don't use it for a few days. But yeah yoga. I might be trying that soon.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #55  
One pound at a time...

I agree with you, I think maybe if the number tomorrow is significantly lower, I might switch to weighing once a week...I am a little worried about it, though- I decided to take tonight as my night off 'cause I brought work home with me and didn't end up finishing until a minute ago. So much for a last chance workout...haha. Still, I ate really well today, so hopefully the scale will show some sort of drop.

I like 15 pounds for the Labor Day Challenge...I think 15 is feasible- it's just about 2 pounds per week. I want to lose 15 pounds from whatever I weigh tomorrow by Labor Day. We can do this!

Hahaha, so I just made a ticker and got really excited, only to discover that I haven't been a member for long enough to post it yet. Booo.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 PM   #56  

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I'm worried too. Fo reals. I hope I didn't mess it all up this weekend. Sometimes though I've noticed that when you've been doing good and eat a lot of calories it kind of spikes your metabolism and you lose still. I'm hoping that will be the case. That's happened in the past.

Ok we ARE going to lose 15 Labor Day. We have to keep working out. How many times a week are you working out and for how long? I'm doing like 4-5 times a week for about 45 min. to an hour each time.

Yeah I figured out the trick to putting your ticker up earlier than the 20 days but last time I posted how I got in trouble by someone. :-(
Old 07-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #57  
One pound at a time...

Haha, that's intense- I didn't realize it mattered too much if you weren't a spammer. I guess we'll just have to wait a couple more weeks...

As for working out, I'm doing about an hour 5-6 times a week...most days I go to the gym and run on this weird machine (not an elliptical) that I don't know the name of. It really hurts your thighs (in a good way) and it's kind of like the love child of an elliptical and a stairmaster...haha, sorry for the ridiculous description. I think that if we both keep working out and eating well, the 15 pounds should be easy!

Today for the first time since I started eating healthier, I started reaaaallly craving unhealthy food- I'm embarrassed to admit that I've basically been daydreaming about mac n cheese all day! Good thing I don't have any in the house. How are you doing food-wise since you got back from your trip?
Old 07-19-2010, 09:57 PM   #58  

I know right? I didn't realize it was such a big deal either, but that's ok. I'll wait my turn.

Hmm. I have no idea what machine you're talking about, but calling it a lovechild is no worse than my cheap speaker description haha. I want sooo bad to lose that 15 lbs. I'll be in the 180s!! Holy crap!! That would feel so amazing. I just asked my husband if I could have a body bugg for my anniversary present next month instead of a Coach purse...I think this means I'm really serious about this weight loss thing hahaha. He looked at me like I was crazy, but said ok.

Ahh! I know how cravings go. Chocolate is my weakness. I was soooo close this weekend to walking down to the little shop and buying a candy bar, but I didn't. I've been doing great on eating since we got back. Didn't go over my points at all. Tonight I cooked Meatloaf out of the Weight Watchers Cookbook and it was absolutely delicious. OHHH and I found the BEST loaded mashed potatoes. They're instant and only 80 calories and taste amazing. They're Betty Crocker loaded mashed potatoes. SO GOOD. I bought another Yoplait Smoothie bag today too haha. Us talking about it got me craving them.

Glad you're resisting temptation!!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:35 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinenmysoul View Post
I do a food journal as well. I think it's really helpful actually. I got one from Border's the bookstore and it has like daily tips and info and places for you to write what you ate and what time and your level of hunger.

It also had me write down in the beginning what emotion I was feeling when I ate and the eating environment. I found that sometimes I was eating because someone else around me was eating. Like, if they were having a sandwich and offered me one I'd have one just because they were even if I wasn't that hungry. Then it had me write down my post-meal thoughts. It's actually very helpful, especially if you're an emotional eater like me!!
I bought mine from boarders too, I had to write my stress level and hunger and all that plus I put an updated picture every month.

Everyone is so motivated and I love it...and willing to give advice and support.

I think I'm going try to lose the 15pounds by labor day also...just to see if I can push myself to do it and I'll have the support of everyone of you in here doing it to.

Oh has anywho tried the biggest loser for the wii...I've been thinking of buying it but I don't wanna spend the 40 if it's not worth it.
jj0383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #60  

Yay! That's three of us now doing it! 15 lbs. let's go!

I think that's a really cool idea to put an updated picture each month to see your progress. I might start doing that. :-) I haven't tried Biggest Loser on Wii, but I have tried the videos and I love them.

OK sooooo today was weigh in day! I weighed in at 197.6. So I lost almost 1 lb. from last Tuesday. Wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it'll do. Especially after my weekend trip. I'm hoping to have lost 2 by next week! I haven't decided yet if I'm going to do the once a week weigh in thing yet. What do you think Dani? How did you do? I'm so curious! Get home so I can know haha!

6/30/10-203
7/6/10-201.8
7/13/10-198.6
7/20/10-197.7

I really need to step it up though. If I lose 1 lb. a week it's going to take me a year to lose all the weight I need to lose! I don't want it to take a year that's for sure. I'll keep my mind focuses on the 15 by Labor Day and go from there. 11.1 lbs. to go!