Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:08 PM   #196  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

coffee with creamer
banana

stir fried veggies and chicken over white rice
2 small baked eggrolls
fruit cocktail in juices
yogurt
milk

chili with turkey and beans
large salad, reduced fat dressing
water, water, water

alas, no exercise unless playing with my granddaughter counts
Old 08-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #197  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnigummi View Post
I sliced my finger while chopping veggies so I'm having a little pity party for myself. I didn't want to go for a walk. It's not like I walk on my thumbs, so I don't know what my problem is. GRRRR @ myself.
ouch!! you poor thing!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #198  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Gosh, Echo. You're on my list of heroes because I would not be able to control myself after having eaten nothing all day. Good job!!
awwwwwwwwwwww that's such a lovely thing to say! you totally made my day!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 AM   #199  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra View Post

alas, no exercise unless playing with my granddaughter counts
hehe any movement of the body counts as exercise in my book
Old 08-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #200  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Hey hey hey every-baaadeee (courtesy Dr. Nick of the The Simpsons)!

Mornin'. My finger is doing a little better but I'm afraid to unwrap the kleenex (whatever, we're po ) and see the real damage. Ew. Anyway, if I can't cook, there's healthy-ish frozen meals in the freezer, so we have a backup. I can't think of frozen meals as healthy for some reason. No matter how much they plug the low-sodium, more veggies angle (and I even see it for myself on the nutrition label), I still think of it as crap, will-do-for-now food. Hm.

I haven't eaten or exercised yet, blah. I need to stay on plan today. Planning on lots of fruits to tide me through snack times and I'm experimenting with a new breffix - plain NF yogurt mixed with fresh blueberries and a tsp of brown sugar. I hope it's not yuck.

Talk to you ladeez later on!

P.S: Echo - never heard of Sabaz chai so I looked it up. It's so pretty looking! I would be fascinated by green tea that turns pink, hehe.

Hydra - awww, playing with your granddaughter totally counts! How cute!

Cape - glad to hear you had a good day with the calories! Good job on sticking to your range! I don't know if it's just me, but I feel fresher and more energetic throughout the day when I stay on plan.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #201  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Hey hey hey every-baaadeee (courtesy Dr. Nick of the The Simpsons)!

Mornin'. My finger is doing a little better but I'm afraid to unwrap the kleenex (whatever, we're po ) and see the real damage. Ew. Anyway, if I can't cook, there's healthy-ish frozen meals in the freezer, so we have a backup. I can't think of frozen meals as healthy for some reason. No matter how much they plug the low-sodium, more veggies angle (and I even see it for myself on the nutrition label), I still think of it as crap, will-do-for-now food. Hm.

I haven't eaten or exercised yet, blah. I need to stay on plan today. Planning on lots of fruits to tide me through snack times and I'm experimenting with a new breffix - plain NF yogurt mixed with fresh blueberries and a tsp of brown sugar. I hope it's not yuck.

Talk to you ladeez later on!

P.S: Echo - never heard of Sabaz chai so I looked it up. It's so pretty looking! I would be fascinated by green tea that turns pink, hehe.
I totally get what you mean about frozen meals, as its still processed food.
Glad to hear your finger is getting abit better.
good idea on the fruit snacking, very healthy indeed!

and hmm that breakfast does sound interesting!!

aww that's so cool you looked it up. hehe yeh my mom only makes it occassionally, as its a long process.. to get the colour and taste out of the leaves, lots of long pouring and scooping with a ladle, i dont know what the adjective would be for that. its not stirring, but pouring it from a distance every so often while its cooking. but the taste is oh so delicious when my mom adds milk and sugar. but yeh its so cool that its pink! but you can only get the tea leaves from pakistan/india -i think.

lol at simpson quote. you're a funny girl!

Last edited by Echo; 08-26-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

AGHHHHH!!! ha.. sorry botu that ladies..but it had to be done.. I am so fighting the urge to go gets snakc right now.. it is really hard! I am coming up to TOM.. and this PMS busniess is proving to be hard on me right now...I have no no noooo idea what I am going to do... trying to think of somethign "low-fat" I could get jsut to satisfy the craving... but i dunno... wish me luck....AGH!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #203  
Here we go again...

Hi Cape! Try not to give in to those cravings! Either make an alternative or make sure you find something that keeps you preoccupied until the craving passes.

Dessert alternatives:

A. Instead of a donut - One slice of whole grain bread with a thin layer of your favorite jelly.

B. Instead of icecream - 1/2 cup of plain NF yogurt, 1 tsp brown sugar and your favorite berries/fruit.

C. Instead of cake - make the low cal/low fat option. I was craving cake the other day, and I found this recipe. Just google search low calorie X, where X is your favorite dish and try it out if the craving is really bad.

Good luck!! We're all rooting for you!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey Echo,
Hope your day is going well!
I sure do try to drink a ton of water every day....so I don't think it's thirst, but I could be mistaken.
And yes, I am sticking to 1,100 calories a day, at least for a while. I am just trying to get into the 160's, then I'll relax a little.
I am so sick of being fat! Ugh.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #205  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

coffee with creamer
blueberry lite yogurt
water

2 open face tuna sandwiches using gluten free bread
1 cup veggie gluten free pasta salad
water

handful of raisins and dried cranberries
water, water, water

steamed broccoli sprinkled with reduced fat mozzerella cheese
2 eggs scrambled in Pam with several slices of onion
1 glass tomato juice
1 homemade large iced coffee with 2% milk and tbsp. of honey

water
herbal ice tea, unsweetened

100 waist twists, 100 waist stretches

I was able to keep under 1500 calories today and feel satisfied. I got major hunger pangs shortly after lunch and eating some dried fruit and drinking water helped out. From keeping a detailed journal and posting the food portion here I am seeing patterns and areas I can improve in. And I am also seeing decent and good choices I am making.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #206  
Here we go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
I was able to keep under 1500 calories today and feel satisfied. I got major hunger pangs shortly after lunch and eating some dried fruit and drinking water helped out. From keeping a detailed journal and posting the food portion here I am seeing patterns and areas I can improve in. And I am also seeing decent and good choices I am making.
That's what I love about this thread (other than the fantabo chickies ). I see the laundry list of food I ate and it either opens my eyes or makes me feel pleased with myself. Good job today!

Food confession:

Breffix: 1/4 cup cream-of-wheat with veggies, 1/4 chopped cooked onion, spices, 1 slice of low cal/fat blueberry coffee cake

Lunch: 1.5 cup homemade fried rice, 1 slice blueberry coffee cake

Snack: 1/2 cup plain NF yogurt, 1 tsp brown sugar, handful of blueberries
1 banana

Dinner: 1 california pizza kitchen ind. bbq chicken pizza
2 slices 12-grain bread with ketchup and a sprinkling of feta cheese (I don't know why but I was uber hungry)

If I'm still hungry, I know some grapes that are calling my name.

Exercise confessions:

45 min tennis - felt good! Hubby had to kick my butt to get me out there, but I kept him for 45 minutes, he was ready to come in at 30. Ha! I win.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:38 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Well...Ladies, I did it.. I gave into those cravings, and while I am not happy about it nor am I very proud of myself, I am happy that I did not go overrrrrr over board and I remained concious and counting the entire time..I only went over my daily calories by 164cal. yes i know i never should have but I am looking at it liek well.. it could have been worse.. secondly.. I am back to "confess" all lol.. before..I would have thrown in the towel as soon as I took that first bite..but i didn't, i remained concious and as well I came back.. before i never would have due to embarressment and shame... but here I am.. I even threw out the remains of my snack attack this morning.. so yay me lol

So here is yesterdays damage... lol

Breakfast - 1egg and 2 egg whites scrambled with 2 pieces of multigrain bread and 3 clemintines

Snack - 1 sml. container of raspberry yogurt and 1/4c. harvest crunch

Lunch - Slimfast Shake

no afternoon snack... hmm i wonder if this could have helped lead to my evening demise...?

Supper - 2 slices of Wabos(local pizza place)Pizza w/ donair sauce, 1/4 of a serving of onion ring chips, a 3 Muskeeters Mint choc.bar and 1 bottle of Jones Strawberry Lime Soda

Allowed Daily Caloric Intake -> 1,200 - 1,550 Calories Eaten -> 1,714 Overate by 164 calories

So yes,, I overdid it.. but this morning I got on the scale out of sheer curiousity.. I knwo what a self distruct move after a downfall liek that right? ..well...I am down 3 pounds this week already!! I know once last night catches up with me that will flux a bit but it was enough to tell me hey what you've been doing WORKS!!! so YAY!!! So instead if having a pity party and feeling upset with myself..I am over it and so ready to move on with this calorie counting!! woo hoo ME!

Well, I better go get some things done.. I am on a min vacation from work till Monday and today is an out of town shopping day.. as we are a small town the local grocery store although well stocked and impressive, takes advantage of the fact they have no competition and really jack their prices so whenever I can get out of town to Sydney (bout an hour n half from here) to get my groceries I go.. and of course I will have to do some other shopping as well lol.. so also since I will be out of town all day i am thinking pack all my snacks and Subway for Supper if need be.. we shall see.. bt no matter what I will be counting lol ha!
have great day Ladies! HUGSSS

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 08-27-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #208  
Here we go again...

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
I am happy that I did not go overrrrrr over board and I remained concious and counting the entire time... secondly.. I am back to "confess" all lol.. before..I would have thrown in the towel as soon as I took that first bite..but i didn't, i remained concious and as well I came back.. before i never would have due to embarressment and shame... but here I am.. I even threw out the remains of my snack attack this morning.. so yay me lol
YAYYYY!!!! Well done Cape! Actually, for giving into the cravings, 164 calories isn't that bad. I'm sure you'll be creating a deficit in no time because you're back on plan. Don't you just love having a loss even though you think you overate? That only happens sometimes for me, most of the time it shows up right away, but it goes away in another couple of days. I guess cause I'm keeping track and nipping it in the bud.

Where's Echo? Haven't seen her posting much lately...Yoohoo! Echo!? It's your stalker!

Will log back in later to post my confessions. Yesterday wasn't that bad (calorically) for me, but I just broke even with food and exercise so boo. On to today, my goal is to burn more calories than I eat. Have a good day, ladies!
Old 08-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 195/115/115

Height: 5.0

Dropped off my "baby" at college this week. Trying very hard to not indulge in emotional overeating. Went out to dinner at an Italian restaurant last night, steered away from pasta and enjoyed grilled calamari and lovely summer salad. Forced myself onto the treadmill with a comedy in the DVD player this morning, and later I'm going shopping at the Farmer's market for some healthy treats--raspberries, peaches, tomatoes, salmon. Going to distract myself with a long-delayed work project.

Last edited by Teachyrchildren; 08-27-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #210  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
AGHHHHH!!! ha.. sorry botu that ladies..but it had to be done.. I am so fighting the urge to go gets snakc right now.. it is really hard! I am coming up to TOM.. and this PMS busniess is proving to be hard on me right now...I have no no noooo idea what I am going to do... trying to think of somethign "low-fat" I could get jsut to satisfy the craving... but i dunno... wish me luck....AGH!
oh i can so empathesise! before I get my period, i get cravings for all sorts of things! just before your perion, your metabolism does slightly increase.
Closed Thread