Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #166  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melly83 View Post
Echo this is such a cool idea! Where do you do the model at??
awwwwwwwwwwwww i'm so happy you like the idea!!!!

you make your own model at this website. you have to sign up etc.

http://mvm.com/cs/
Old 08-24-2009, 05:31 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Well it's nice to know that I have someone to relate to....but it also makes me feel sad that you're in the same Boat of Guilt as I am, lol.
I try to stick to around 1,100 calories a day....but man, yesterday was easily a 2,000 calorie day. I am so disgusted with my lack of self-control.
Not sure if you've tried a high fiber diet at all....but that USUALLY works for me. I eat probably two cups of Fiber One, and it keeps me full for quite a while and is only a couple hundred calories. I'd heard the same thing about eating lots of protein, but even protein would fill me up for maybe an hour at most. I need an intervention. I have seriously thought about hypnosis. lol
Old 08-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #168  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Fresno - 26 - i hope my earlier message didnt scare you - i know it's abit long, but if you have any further questions i'm happy to help!

Last edited by Echo; 08-24-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #169  

Echo - No! You're wonderful!
However, for someone like me (i.e., no self control) I think it might be bad advice to eat whatever I want if I'm hungry....since I'm always hungry, and even when I eat slowly (which I did alllll day yesterday!) and drink a TON of water....I am still not satiated, and I go back for more an hour later. That would add up to a LOT of calories, lol. It's like a drug addiction.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #170  
Lose the holiday lbs!

My confession for today:

Exercise - 1 hour X stretch (p90x - day 7)

total number of steps = 3250 steps. (today was my p90x scheduled rest day, so i took it easy today hehe

no breakfast today, I was too tired to get up in the morning (before sunrise). (btw i'm fasting (ramadan - where you fast (abstain from water and food- from sunrise to sunset), so hence why i'm only confessing 2 meals these days ).

Dinner:
1 date, 1 large glass of water.
1/4 cup of fruit salad.

5 onion pakore (homemade by my parents today bless them, they saw a new recipe on tv) with some ketchup. 1/4 roti. Salad, one serving spoon of brown lentil soup.

dessert - 1 scoop of sweet carrot pudding (homemade - my mom made it - indian/pakistani sweet dessert - gajar ka halwa), with 1 scoop of cornish vanilla ice cream.

the meal sounds very decadent i know, but it's totally fine, cause I followed the 4 golden rules.
I took 40minutes to eat the entire meal, and s-l-o-w-l-y. and I stopped when I was comfortably full.

Last edited by Echo; 08-24-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #171  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresno26 View Post
Echo - No! You're wonderful!
However, for someone like me (i.e., no self control) I think it might be bad advice to eat whatever I want if I'm hungry....since I'm always hungry, and even when I eat slowly (which I did alllll day yesterday!) and drink a TON of water....I am still not satiated, and I go back for more an hour later. That would add up to a LOT of calories, lol. It's like a drug addiction.
awww that's so nice of you to say
oh erm i'm not sure what to advice then. i know Paul Mckenna has these hypnotic cds aswell. but they cost abit.
sorry i cant be more help. it sounds like you're already eating slowly. which is really great!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #172  

Well it's true. I appreciate your support!
It's ok.... I think I need a miracle at this point, lol.
Thanks for your help! I have just gotta learn to be more strict with myself.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #173  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresno26 View Post
Well it's true. I appreciate your support!
It's ok.... I think I need a miracle at this point, lol.
Thanks for your help! I have just gotta learn to be more strict with myself.
Thank you That's really nice of you to say
I just watched that youtube video link, did you get a chance to watch it? I liked what she said, that you should just be in a state of being NEUTRAL, neither hungry nor full. and thats the feeling you should go for.

i never thought of it like that before.

haha if that was the case, i would reach that state, after 2 bites lol. and be eating every couple of hours haha. i might try it though, and experiment hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRz8BEJLpi8

ps well done on you losing 17 lbs so far! that's really super!!

Last edited by Echo; 08-24-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Suniii!!.. lol I hear you bout the whole never thinking you would be a calorie counter.. me ethier.. never! but I am so ready to do it.. lol I joined Spark.. earlier and I find it is really good.. there is even a place where you can put in your own recipe and it will break it down into calories per serving and nutritional value.. so, so far so good.. it says i should be having between 1,200 and 1,550 calories a day.. and today I had about 1,462 calories and i am completely satisfied.. so if I stick to making sure i get my water in each day and if a craving really hits to just eat for no reason i will chew on a piece of gum.. it so works for me! I have finally set a goal... by June 24th, if I lose 2pnds a week i should be down to 135.. so I am going to shoot for 140 and pray for the best! Wish me luck ladies...!!! I have been overweight for a few years now... when i was younger i was always active and in great shape but then well life happened and i let it..lol I have tried before to lose and well.. ha that obviously didn't work right? so here i am.. thing is it just feels different this time a round...I feel like God is guiding me and is giving me the strength to do this this time and be the woman that he created me to be..FINALLY! lol
Sunni thank you so so much for the advice and the help! Was o useful and motivating.. yes.. I will probably be calling on your experience again one of these days .. lol and i am going to add my calorie count to my daily confessions lol HUGSSS All!!

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 08-24-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #175  

Well.. Here is my confession for today! ...
(1,200 - 1,550 calories)
Breakfast - 1 large scrambled egg
1 pc. of whole wheat bread
3 clemintines
Snack - pineapple and mangoes
Lunch - a meal replacement shake (Slimfast)
Snack- 14 wheat thin crackers, a cheese string and an apple
Supper - Chicken Sandwich on multigrain with a glass of cranberry and 7

Total Cal. - 1,462
I have only had 2 glasses of water so far today, but I have filled my litre water bottle and will sip on that throughout the evening...

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick; 08-24-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:17 PM   #176  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
Well.. Here is my confession for today! ...
(1,200 - 1,550 calories)
Breakfast - 1 large scrambled egg
1 pc. of whole wheat bread
3 clemintines
Snack - pineapple and mangoes
Lunch - a meal replacement shake (Slimfast)
Snack- 14 wheat thin crackers, a cheese string and an apple
Supper - Chicken Sandwich on multigrain with a glass of cranberry and 7

Total Cal. - 1,462
I have only had 2 glasses of water so far today, but I have filled my litre water bottle and will sip on that throughout the evening...
Yay! Glad to know you're in the same boat as me! Now we can support each other!

I'll give my calorie rundown too.

Breffix: 3 figs (111 cals)

Snack: Cali pizza kitchen flatbread melt (5 cheese&Spinach) (390 cals)

Lunch: Healthy Choice Steamer Chicken Marsala (250 cals)

Snack: Popcorn (100 cals), 2 figs (74 cals), 1.5 slices of low fat/cal blueberry cake (210 cals)

Dinner: 2 halves of 2 diff homemade pizza (765 cals)

Total cals: 1903 Dang. Guess I went overboard today. It was those damn pizzas. I make one batch of dough. It's made from 1.5 cups of flour, 1 tbsp olive oil, 3/4 tsp yeast, 1/2 cup warm water. The total cals of the crust is 720 cals. I had leftover chicken jalfrezi (curried veggies and chicken, totally yum!) and wanted to use it as a topping, but it wasn't enough to cover all the dough, so I decided to split the dough and top 1/2 with the jalfrezi and the other half with the usual veggies (onions, broccoli, mushrooms and my homemade ghetto tomato sauce). The one batch of dough rolls out to a thin crust 10" pizza, when I split them into two, it turned into two 8" pizzas with thin crusts. I don't know how this happened. All the magic of the universe collided in my kitchen tonight. Blah. Needless to say I was full.

Exercise: Calisthenics. Stretching, push ups, situps, jumping jacks, leg exercises for 30 mins.

Later gals. Congrats to all who made it through another day!!

Fresno - I'm just like you. I'm still learning how to eat slowly, but it is taking a lot of conscious effort on my part to eat that slowly and to control how much I eat. I also get hungry 30 mins after eating a meal but so far I've learned to be strict with myself and just drink water. If I MUST eat, I usually eat some grapes, watermelon, figs or blueberries. I only eat a 100 cal portion because I don't have good eyeballing skills. These are just coping mechanisms I use. Hopefully, they can help you too! Good luck!

Last edited by Sunnigummi; 08-24-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:32 PM   #177  

Hey Sunni... thats okay! Sometimes you just need to go that lil bit extra...get rid of the craving and carry on... i have heard sometimes having a higher cal. day here n there helps as well.. I am obviously no expert here..lol Don't let it discourage you.. it really is not that bad... and tomorrow you will get up and be ready to jump into another day... I am so excited to have someone to support the calorie counting with and encourage as well as what we normally do in our daily confessions lol.. thanks again!! hugs!
Old 08-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #178  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

coffee with creamer
water
banana

ham and cheese on a bagel
two pears
peach yogurt
milk
water

water
one bite of my son's pizza hoagy, sshhhhh

50 waists twists, 100 waist stretches

I am just not hungry for dinner and it is now past the time that I said I would not eat a meal or snack. I take a couple of medications and they often make me nausous, so some days I skip a meal. I know I should not be doing this on a regular basis but I just could not seem to come up with anything to fix tonight that would not further upset my stomach.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:56 AM   #179  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Chick View Post
.. so I am going to shoot for 140 and pray for the best! Wish me luck ladies...!!! I have been overweight for a few years now... when i was younger i was always active and in great shape but then well life happened and i let it..lol I have tried before to lose and well.. ha that obviously didn't work right? so here i am.. thing is it just feels different this time a round...I feel like God is guiding me and is giving me the strength to do this this time and be the woman that he created me to be..FINALLY! lol !! [/B][/FONT][/COLOR]
Good luck!!! I love your positive attitude!! you can do it!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:59 AM   #180  
Lose the holiday lbs!

great job Sunni, Cape and Hydra.

aww Hydra sorry you didnt get time to have dinner. but good idea on not eating when you werent hungry.

have a super day girls!
Closed Thread