UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-25-2006, 06:24 PM   #391  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Just a fly by post, the photo shoot was fun but it went on for ages and the trains were a nightmare on the way back. Must go to bed soon because I've got a 10k at 9.30 in the morning, I'll be the one turning up with professionally straightened hair and fancily done nails...

I've posted a picture on the photo thread, they let us all have a polaroid. I'll fill you in on all the gory details (in particular the instruments of torture they made me wear on my feet - not only high but 3 sizes too small!) tomorrow after the race.

Right, bedtime for me.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:58 PM   #392  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Poor Helen, looked at this after seeing your glam photo...I really love those shoes, I'm a bit of an Imelda myself, but making you wear them three sizes to small... that's not right, hope your feet are ok for your run.

Sarah, hope things aren't to weird for you. Sounds like that psycic business is really making you and hubs think, don't let things get to you too much luvey

HM. Sounds like you do need a change of plan with the weight loss, give WW a go, changing plans or types of food and such seems to work better for most people, we all get in a rut, trying the same thing every day... good luck.

CG, trees up, light on, nothing else... Dave put the lights up outside this morning, they look nice, lit this old dark end bit of the road up a bit

How was the movie? Did my little one like it? I want to see it. We have a little cinema here you know...
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:25 AM   #393  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I have size 10 feet, the biggest they had were 7s... I'd taken some of my own along but they weren't deemed glam enough. Because they were open they weren't too bad, you can't see my feet bulging out of them too much. Only problem was I had to take them off every so often so they didn't cut off the blood supply to my toes! My feet seem to be OK now, at least I didn't have to stand for long in them.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:37 AM   #394  
biggaitherfan

S/C/G: 246/194/150

Height: 5"4'

I am so new to this I have no clue where this post will even go. Not sure how to even work this site but wanted to try to meet fellow "weight losers" not diets like myself.. thanks and have a great weekend!
biggaitherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:22 AM   #395  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Biggaitherfan - well done with losing those 52lbs!

Helen - you look great in that picture - its amazing that the pain from the too small shoes didn't show in your face. Did you get to keep the dress?

Chris - I'm fine - dinner in a house where they have two sets of twins under six and another one on the way put my life in to perspective. Lovely chaos. The food was nice and simple - loads of it - but no heart burn this time.

HM - Why are you worrying about her feelings - she certainly doesn't give a about yours??? You are being too nice. TBH, if someone behaved to me that way I wouldn't bother with emailing her because that sort of person never accepts that the problem is with them. If I were you I'd just break off all contact with her by blocking her emails and phone calls. If you really feel that, for your own personal closure, you have to tell her what the problem is then perhaps email her (keep it short) and say that you were very hurt at her attitude towards you because true friends don't behave to each other that way. Good friends are supposed to be both supportive and careing and, as she obviously feels neither towards you, you therefore feel your friendship has come to an end and you don't want any more contact with her. THEN block her email and phone number.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 04:59 AM   #396  

I had a similar problem after 6 months at SW I lost 1.5 stone then got stuck. I put on or maintained more weeks than I lost. I switched to WW 2 mo nths ago and have had one maintain and no gains so far
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:55 AM   #397  
Consistency + Balance

I'm just back from walking the dogs and I met up with a woman who has just moved in to the next road. She's got three dogs - a beautiful and VERY elegant liver and white Dalmation called Diana, a rather motheaten looking Cairn Terrier called Camilla - and a very sad looking pug called Charles. Charles kept yapping at Ellie's ankles so she picked him up by the scruff of the neck (like he was a puppy) and he loved it! I think he's got a thing for very big women!

Thats got to be the most fun walk I've had in ages!
Old 11-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #398  

SarahAnn - you do cheer us al up with your tales of the doggies. I would imagine Camila and Charles were named after you know who. Good call to name a motheaten dog after her!!

Hmersmummy- SarahAnn had some very good advice about your friend. I have a toxic freind but she cannot go on about my weight cos I weigh less than her. She used to tell everyone at work how stupid I was then would ask my adivice on things and ask how to spell words - you don't ask a stupid person do you? She does not do that now but does have a very nastry streak. The only reason I still see her is cos I am Godmother to her son.

Anyway I think SarahAnn is right in what she says - you do not need that 'friend' around you. SHe is not helping you is she? Oh and don't ever skip meals - it really does not work and then you binge. You are doing fine. Everyone was complementary about your photo so you are on the right track!!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #399  

LOL....Sarah makes me laugh, now I want a video of all of these dogs in action.

I made a promise to myself that I would clean my condo in depth over this school break, like move furniture type of cleaning. Well I go back tomorrow, have I done it NOPE. I wish I wasn't a slob, my house is clean but cluttered, like I am physically unable to take a jacket and put it in the closet when I come in. Instead I put it on a chair. Why? Now from my spot on the couch I can see 2 running jackets and a baseball hat on the ottoman, another jacket on a dining room chair, and 2 sweaters on the dining room table. I don't understand myself.

I'm making myself clean for a couple of hours this morning, then I'm going to jump in the car and take a ride to the beach to go for a run. I'm feeling the need to see and smell the ocean and it's supposed to be a beautiful day. My friends will be holed up in a bar watching the football game but I can't do that when it's this nice out, seems like a waste. Don't get me wrong if it was raining I'd be right there with them

HM I would just stop contact with her too, why put the pressure on yourself to express yourself properly to her? This is her doing and if she's bothered by it she can ask you what the deal is.

I'm clearly procrastinating so off I go to clean, have a great day everyone.
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #400  
Slow and steady

Sarah, dinner sounds fun, two sets of twins and onother on the way... pure madness I say... Good for them, must be fun to go and see all the chaos...nice to go home as well The dogs sound hillarious... ELlie soon sorted Charles out then..good for her, sounds like he's fallen in love.

RSG, you must be related in some way to my hubs, he can't hang a jacket up either, he always put one on the back of a chair, drives me nuts., Especially when he was in the military, he used to come home, take his coat (camaflage) off, hang that on one chair,, then take his main **** off (also camaflage) and hang that on another...then he'd go upstairs and change and if we went out anywhere, when we'd come home, he'd add that coat to another chair...grrrrrr. Hope you got your cleaning up done and enjoyed your run on the beach

We;ve got a rubbish run this morning and a walk planned as well, don't know if we'll head for the beach or the little walk area in the woods as yet, we've been to one part of it, which reminded me of Blair Witch project, but there's another area too, we have to drive to it first, but I'd like to see what sort of trails there are.

I got loads of deccies up last night, all around the house, none on the tree yet though... will tackle that today, annoy Hannah by playing my Christmas music while I decorate, so it's starting to look a lot like Christmas around here Had to dust first though, take some things down to put stuff up...so it's clean as well. Watched the UK induction to the hall of fame, they inducted Bon Jovi.....he was as gorgeous as ever....

Right, hubs is being a pain now, wants the computer as I decided to use this one downstairs as I changed laundry over... have a good Sunday all.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:53 AM   #401  
Consistency + Balance

Chris - what was the word that got asterisked out???? The suspense is killing me!

The people we went to dinner with last night are hoping the new baby will be a boy - both sets of twins are non identical girls - but they made me laugh when they told me they've been putting off the early scan in case its another set of twins. Like... not knowing makes a difference to the end outcome??

My DH is pretty good on the whole - although he does have a blind spot when it comes to the laundry basket (tends to put stuff at the side of it) and the dishwasher (tends to put dirty stuff on the counter above it). In this house you don't put jackets on the backs of chairs unless you want them to be used as a dog bed.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:03 AM   #402  

BritNJ - I am intrigued by the woods you mention being like in the Blair Witch project. If you go there - do you have to put on a woolly hat and scream yourself raw and have watery eyes?...not a good look I fear.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 09:27 AM   #403  
Slow and steady

Sarah. the word asterisked out was 'shirt' maybe I missed the 'r' out...?

Peacock, I haven't worm my wooly hat in there yet, but I could today, it's chilly enough, and my eyes are watery at the minute, so I could fit the description...just found my nice new gloves I bought a few weeks back too, as I dug through a bag with a new blanket in it, for the spare bed, have to keep my Mummy warm and snuggly while she's here... so more washing to be done now, to prepare bedrooms and such... and I just got the flannel sheets, with snowmen on them on my bed.... warm and snuggly here tonight.

Talking of warm and snuggly.where's Frus? Being a newlywed warm and snuggly?
Old 11-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #404  
Consistency + Balance

I think Frus posts mainly from work - I dunno if she's got the internet at home.

Oh shirt! I couldn't figure out what it could be. I wonder what other words get asterisked out.

Blair Witch-like or not, I'd still love to live near some woods. There are a few trees on the Moor but the soil is poor so they are very stunted and only get to about 10ft high - then, of course, someone like me comes along with a chainsaw. We took the dogs to the pleasure park at Clumber Park recently and there was something very cathedral like and peaceful about walking through those very tall trees. (Oh listen to me being all mystic! )

I've just had my workout for the year - I SCRUBBED all the floors downstairs and the stairs and landing with a weak solution of detergent and bleach to get the floorboards back to as they should be (kind of pale stripped wood/sea-sidey/ driftwood looking) - and I washed the rugs (blummin Ikea why do they make rugs that can only be washed 'by hand'????). I'm asterisked now and ready for a shower!
Old 11-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #405  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I love the sound of those dogs!

I've had a lovely day today, I did the 10k a bit faster than I was expecting. Not a PB, but better than my "getting my speed back after the marathon" target. I met up with people off the Runners World forum for lunch, then did a bit of shopping, had a bit of a sit in Starbucks with the paper and then went to the cinema. I'll sort my stuff out for tomorrow, then I might do another yoga session to stretch those muscles out a bit and relax before bed.