UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #241  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Cops weren't hot, didn't make me drool or anyhthing, but it was dark out too.

I'm cross with the girlies across the road, that's where we sent the cops as the boy they were after is boyfriend to the eldest one...their Mum was out, and they told the cops that they didn't know where he was, and he was in the house...so they told fibs...I just saw the Mum and chatted with her and neither girl had told her about it, so she's mad. This kid is a right loser and has his girlfriend wrapped around his finger, hence her not turning him in, Mum doesn't like him, so I'm sure they'll be some words going on over there later.

If I see him around, I may just call the police and turn him in myself, I don't want them to keep coming round knocking on the door looking for him.

OOOOOO nine o'clcok hey, how come you got to watch CSI Miami that early? It doesn't start up this way until ten, used to be nine in AZ...see what a raver I am too, I stayed up past eleven... and then got into bed with my new book, Lew, and a huge storm that rolled in, the lightning was fantastic..

Stopped raining here now although we've had some good downpours on and off and more thunder rumbles (no it wasn't my bottom) so hopefully it'll stay dry for a few more hours while I go out when Hannah comes home from school...later taters....
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Had a great day today. My father and I went to the hospital today for the results of his bone scan and MRI. Thank god his cancer hasn't spread to his bones and although it has come out of the prostate it is treatable and the consultant thinks probably curable too although nothing is definite where cancer is concerned it is still very good news. My father will see the oncologist on Tuesday to discuss his radiotherapy. He couldn't wait to get out of the hospital for his pint of guiness though.

I have already been to the gym but didn't I forget my earphones and I hate exercising without music but I had a run and used the wave machine but couldn't face the cross trainer in silence.

I had a big subway when I came home from the hospital and I've just had a yoghurt with frozen raspberries and nuts and seeds and stuff thrown in. Will eat something else but not sure what.

Lovely to hear all your news as usual

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #243  

Glad you've got some good news Michele.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:00 PM   #244  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Michele - glad that your dad got some good news.

Chris - A&E are reshowing CSI:Miami, it's on every evening from 6pm to 9pm.
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #245  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

That wonderful news Michelle... what a good day for you, your yog sounds nice too

Oh yes, A&E... do sometimes catch it there, just got a bit confused with you saying you watched before going to bed at nine

Hi Veggie

Where is Sarah?
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:46 PM   #246  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneA View Post
Homersmummy - you and your sister look fab with Pink, how did you get to meet her? Competition win? Your face is showing lots of weight loss and your cheekbones are to die for.
Thanks, and thanks all! Our local radio station ran a competition to win tickets for her show here in Plymouth last night all week from Monday to the Thursday, my sister won a pair of tickets. One of the winners had their tickets upgraded to include backstage passes and she won!!
The first thing my mum said is how my face is thinner than my sisters now! And everyone in work said it today too hehe.
Cheekbones? I have cheekbones? *goes to check photo*
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:50 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Thank you for your kind words.

It is a lovely picture Homersmummy you are getting a perfect little heart shaped face.

The yoghurt was lovely someone mentioned frozen raspberries on here I think it was Sarah but I am not sure. Anyway whoever it was gave me the idea.

Must get going to work.

Have a good day everyone hope the sun shines on you all

Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:17 AM   #248  

What wonderful news, Michele! An early Christmas pressie!!!

Your dad will enjoy his guiness!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:17 AM   #249  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Oh Michele - I'm so glad you're Dad's had some good news.

Yesterday turned out to be really fairly awful day - we spent a three miserable hours sitting in a small room with locked windows and no air conditioning at the local Cop Shop with a dog suffering from dreadful wind! We took Ellie to the Vet because of her upset tummy and its their standard procedure to scan a dog for a microchip on their first visit/registration - of course, Ellie's chip showed up as being registered to someone else. (Yes, I know, as the Police said - we and Ellie's owner should have thought this one through BEFORE we agreed to take care of her!)

Anyway, after the nurse rang through with the result of the chip scan, the Vet left the room and phoned the Police without telling us - and then gave Ellie a thorough medical check until they turned up. We were then given the choice of letting them take Ellie on her own or all of us walking back to the Police Station to sort it out. Not having anything to worry about we chose to all go to the Police Station not realising that it would take them an hour for them to get a call back from DH's friend and another TWO hours for him to produce her microchip documents at his local police station - which, as far as the Police are concerned are the only proof of ownership they'll accept if a dog is chipped! It seemed to take forever for his local Police Station to ring the one where we were to tell them everything was okay.

I was furious. We've told him that either he has her transferred in to our ownership or make other arrangements because I'm not going through that again. It was awful, we really felt like we were being accused of having stolen her. He said it wasn't his fault - he hadn't been told the full circumstances and the Police didn't mention it was urgent. Arghhh!

Anyway, here's a couple of pictures of the girl herself - one with Fred - doesn't he look small up against her - and he's a good size for a Lab. Sorry about the quality - DH took them with his mobile phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ellie1.JPG (44.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg Ellie.jpg (26.7 KB, 17 views)
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:34 AM   #250  

Sarah ann - that is appalling but at least I suppose they were vigilant about it. Mind you - it takes them longer to deal with a missing person!!!!!

Round our way they would be kept very busy with all the staffies that can change owner overnight!

Never a dull moment in the SarahAnn household!!!

Well I have just left the dr. Althoguh my BP is high the result of my blood and urine are good. I do NOT have diabetes or high Cholesterol!! Whooppeee!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:50 AM   #251  

YAY for a good Dr. visit.

Fred does look little by her, is he the one that she has a crush on? Is Ellie better now?

Finally going back to the gym today but I'm still coughing I may just do a pilates class and come home we'll see. I do suggest getting a cold for core fitness, my abs have been sore because I've been coughing so much

Have a great day everyone the rain finally stopped!!!
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:31 AM   #252  
Consistency + Balance

Peacock - Great about the results of your tests. What are they recommending for your BP? Tablets or 'life modification'? I'm still trying the 'life modification'.

RSG, have a word with your instructor before starting the class, she might recommend that you wait until you're fully fit. I know my aerobics teacher wouldn't let us take a class if we had anything wrong. (Which is why I've given it up now.)

Yes, Fred is Ellie's love object. She goes everywhere that he goes. She's still got an upset tummy and this horrendous noisy smelly wind. It kept us awake most of last night. I've got to go back to the vets to pick up some kaolin for her - after all the hassle yesterday I forgot to bring it home with me!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:36 AM   #253  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

A new doggie? I must re-read the bits I missed!

2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 06:39 AM   #254  
Consistency + Balance

Well... a temporary new doggie - although going by the owner's attitude I have a feeling that she might end up being a permanent new doggie.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:40 AM   #255  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Fred looks a bit worried in that pic! Maybe because she's much bigger than he is and has a crush on him .
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote