UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #406  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann View Post
HM - Why are you worrying about her feelings
Cause i'm stoopid? I just wish now I said something there and then, but I just took it... I will definitely take your advice...
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #407  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Hello there.

Just got back from dropping off oldest daughter at Uni after Thanksgiving break. We're having the last of the turkey tonight for dinner. I'm dreading getting on those scales on Thursday.

Chris went to see the movie yesterday and the wee one sat through the whole thing It was a fun movie lots of British jokes. The next one she wants to see is "Charlotte's Web" which comes out just before Christmas. It looks lika a good one. The tree will wait until next week-end.

Helen you look great in that photo. Many congrats on your weight loss.

Sarah your doggie story made me smile today. Royal family of dogs. Poor Camilla.

Coats all over the house maybe it's a military thing, sometimes one on top of the other!!

Bye for now.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:43 PM   #408  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

I've got a gippy tum Hopefully it'll get the pounds off that I've prob gained from eating some naughty bits over Thanksgiving.

Am all done with the deccies, I'm pleased with my attempts. I even (with help of Darling Dave) made my own lighted swag for over the fire place, it looks lovely. Had some Christmas music on while I decorated, so will go without listening to that for a few days, had a local radio station on, and I must have more selection than them, RUdolph the red nosed reindeer, was beginning to get on my nerves.

I'm going to go and have a nice soaky bath in a bit, and maybe an early night. But maybe not, I'll probably get in front of the telly and it'll be eleven before I know it.

Glad the movie was good CG, and that little one sat through it, definitely a buy on DVD when it comes out then Talk to you soon, we've missed our chatting this week

Hannah's making cookies, again..... trying different recipes to make for the fella's at Dave's work...I've already cleaned the kitchen from dinner....
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:10 AM   #409  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello! I'm here!

Had a nice weekend, kickboxing on Saturday and then out for drinks in the evening, then on Sunday DH was out doing his police thingy so I stayed at home and washed and ironed and watched about 4 films!

My ribs hurt I've been to the docs this morning about them and some other stuff, then I went to the physio! I've been completely MOT'd!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:16 AM   #410  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

to Frus - I hope your ribs calm down soon. Was it the kickboxing wot dun it?

Chris - Is your tummy okay today? (Your avatar picture is lovely)

eBay has gone totally nuts - was this last weekend the November payday weekend? I thought it was at the end of this week.

I can't believe what I just did! Every year for the last five years I have baked stuff for the kids next door's school Christmas fete/fayre thing and I really, really, REALLY hate doing it. So - starting about September - I planned it all out in my mind exactly how I was going to say no. I've thought through the various different possible scenarios (who would ask, would they ask DH to ask me, blah, blah, blah) - I wasn't going to apologise - I was going to be calm and firm - and I was going to feel SO in control afterwards.

So the little 'un came round and told me that she's written me down for six cakes... and I said 'Okay, what flavours?'

Why??? WHY?????????? I am such a dozy twerp!
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:25 AM   #411  
aka Superwoman!

It was a dozy twerp at kickboxing what done it. I will hit him HARD next week! Frikkin idiot! He was repeatedly told to GO LIGHT when we were sparring and I took a beating since he is a newbie and thinks it's all about hitting hard.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #412  

He and Sarah Ann are to sit in the naughty corner then. NO, Sarahann - turn around, we don't want to look at you! 1,000 lines from you, Miss - "I will say no to cake making".....
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:52 AM   #413  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Ah well.... I just hope the older one doesn't ask me to do the same for her Christmas fayre thing. I wish their blummin Mum would learn how to bake - or even get the kids to do it for themselves - I'm fairly sure I could bake a cake by the time I was eleven.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:46 AM   #414  
aka Superwoman!

I could definitely bake a cake by the time I was 11. I think that was my downfall really!!!! Mmmmmmmmmm cake

Ick! I'm really wanting to eat junk today! I've already had half a Mars bar and a whole Picnic bar. Well I will be teaching soon, so I'll be home late and there'll be not much opportunity for snacking. I'm going to have turkey for tea with sugar snap peas. I don't think there's anything too naughty in the house!
Old 11-27-2006, 11:05 AM   #415  

S/C/G: 222/197/132

Height: 5'4"

I've never learned to bake - my mum would never do it cos she knew she'd just scoff it all, it would be too hard to not make yourself something if you were good at it. I see her logic.

I was talking to a friend today and I'm a little confused. Either she's lying (which I don't think she is) or something very weird is going on. She is the same height as me, and weighs only 5 or 6 pounds less, yet she is wearing size 14s and I am at the upper end of an 18. I know it varies depending on where you shop, but she buys all her clothes from Next and I have size 16 stuff from there that I can't get into.
wana wear a bikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #416  
Slow and steady

POor Frus... poor ribs, hope they feel better soon. We missed you at the weekend.

Sarah - at the word dozy and twerp, I've not heard them in a while... ok, so you didn't say 'no', so instead of you making the cakes, seeing as they don't seem to have a clue how to, why don't you offer to help them... have them shop for ingredients and such, and then be in charge of them making them, themselves. I would think they'd love to do it, and aren't probably given the chance usually, hence asking you...and I reckon it would be quite nice to help out and watch their enjoyment as well...what do you think?

That's a picture of my Christmas tree in my avatar... the star hits the ceiling as these ceilings in this house are a lot lower than out in AZ.

Tum is still a tad gippy...better than yesterday though, although it's still morning here and it hit me worse during the afternoon and evening. The nurse sent Hannah home from school not half an hour after she got there, as she feels rotten and queasy, so I'm really hoping it's not a bug. She's tucked up in bed, fast asleep.

@ Peacock and those lines... did anyone ever have to write lines at school? I did, once... 1000 times, of ' I will not talk in class'. Funny how nearly every report also said, Christine is very capable of doing more if she would just use her time better in class, rather than talking to her neighbour.

I'm off out for a walk in a mo, it's lovely and sunny out, not to cold...and hopefully nasty furry husky dog has long gone by now, so we won't run into him.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:20 AM   #417  

My friend and I have just had a laugh together (to stop ourselves from crying!) we have decided we are really old now and talking just like pensioners.What are we talking about? Doctors, hospital appointment, aches and pains etc. I said to her we sound just like those old dears on the bus that are always discussing their health (or lack of). I said we are no longer 'peter pan'. Ah well I spose we have to grow up some time (why?).
Old 11-27-2006, 11:23 AM   #418  

BritNJ - that reminds me of my little neice. She and her best friend (5 years old) spend most of their time flitting around the classroom like social butterfiles giggling and chatting. She does it as home as well - just a little whirling dervish of pink (usually)! Her school reports said as much.

However on the plus side she is reading well and enjoys art.

When she grows up she wants to be an artist, then a nurse, then an artist again and then a nurse again. Phew!
Old 11-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #419  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone, well I'm back from Amsterdam in one piece - but with very very sore feet as they've almost been walked off me. Tis a good thing too as when I got on the scales before I'd put on about 8lb while I've been away so if I hadn't been walking it could have been a lot worse. Got to say though that the restaurants there were gorgeous, had Mexican on Friday, Indonesian on Saturday and Thai last night .... so I'm definitely not wondering where the lbs have come from. I was good though and didn't drink hot chocolate every time we stopped for a drink, I stuck to bottles of water with an odd orange juice every now and then. Now I've got to hope that the scales improve by Thursday!!

Chris - your Christmas tree looks beautiful ... and I'm so jealous of you having yours up now

Helen - you must be over the moon with the photoshoot - you look really beautiful in that photograph, and you wouldn't know that you're in pain.
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 01:40 PM   #420  
Slow and steady

What's this? I came home Friday afternoon after Christmas shopping and this was by my stairs...any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8353.jpg (38.6 KB, 18 views)