UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:53 AM   #376  

OOh yes happy Birthday Katie.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:02 AM   #377  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Happy birthday Katie

Another lovely day here. I didn't get up early to go shopping this morning. I'll get some done later. Chris did you get any bargains?

Had a lovely dinner yesterday. Leftovers today. I made a big pot of soup last night.

I'm off to Curves to work off yesterday's feast.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:02 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 222/197/132

Height: 5'4"

God, somebody slap me, I just ate my boyfriend's advent calendar chocolates. All by myself (he wasn't going to eat it BTW). Then I had bread and butter, cos I seem to have this weird sweet/savoury cycle - when I have one, I crave the other and it's just endless.

Why am I so weak?! I weighed this morning and hadn't lost (no surprise), I looked at pictures in which I'm disgusted with myself, I've recently discovered new stretch marks, but still I can't give it up. I'm feeling like I'll never get past being a food junkie.
wana wear a bikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:07 PM   #379  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

happy birthday Katie!

I've just spent the afternoon bribing myself not to each chocolate. Tonight I want a bit of a pampering night (photoshoot tomorrow ), and promised myself I could get some nice bath smellies and scented candles etc AS LONG AS I DIDN'T GO TO THE CHOCOLATE MACHINE DURING THE AFTERNOON.

I've been getting into a nasty habit of popping down there too often recently, and I really need to break the cycle. So on the basis I was probably going to do it anyway I decided that any weakness would lead to me taking the treat away from myself. This technique could get expensive though...
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #380  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Wana - sorry - I can't find a slap smilie - this is the best I can do: or - but I think would be a bit more useful.

I think I'm going to get to be the board bore on this subject today..... but.... have you tried keeping a diet diary (yeah - see - I said I would be boring AND I know I'm repeating myself - I'm even making myself yawn!!!! ) Certainly when I get in to that mindless grazing mode (and we all do sometimes) it really helps me to write down everything that I eat in my diet diary before I eat it.

If writing it down doesn't stop the craving then I try and work out why I need it, i.e. is it an emotional thing (comfort eating) or is it because I'm really hungry. If its because I'm really hungry then I take a good look at the whole way my diets going - am I eating enough calories / the right kind of calories at mealtimes - I usually find that my previous meal wasn't big enough or wasn't particularly low GI or didn't include any protein.

If I find I'm eating for emotional reasons then I try and find another way of dealing with the emotions - go for a walk, bath a dog - anything that takes me away from food. One thing is guaranteed - whatever the problem is, it definitely isn't going to be resolved by eating.

Then... if after all that you STILL think you need the 'unscheduled snackette' eat it - but sit down at the table and do it properly, napkin, cutlery, etc and enjoy every mouthful - then immediately make a fresh start.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #381  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Yum, after the success of the BBC's recipe for veggie lasagne, I tried a stuffed pepper recipe today, which was even nicer than the lasagne I think. I had it with green beans as a side dish and it was lovely. I do like surfing for recipes at lunchtime without having to take my cookbooks to work...

I've got all my stuff for a nice relaxing evening, I'm planning to do some yoga and then have a nice relaxing bath (and shave my legs just in case there are skirts involved!). Then tomorrow it's another fairly early morning so I can get down there in time to be made up and have my hair done etc. I'll take my camera and even if I don't get photos of me tarted up, I'll try to take a face shot when I come out before all the make up comes off!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #382  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Happy birthday Katie have a wonderful trip.

Hommersmummy there are such horrid girlies about. You have done fantastically well. Hope your feeling ok this evening. Only last week one of the other girlies on here had been upset by a so called friend making horrid comments. It really must be some kind of insecurity on their part but it never fails to amaze how nasty and spiteful some people can be. As I always say bollocks to her.

Bikini you will get there its sometimes hard to get into the right mindset to get going losing weight. Food has such a power sometimes to make us feel so lousy. Try and forget your little feast and move on you can do it. I've done it many times before I've felt like absolute crap but once you get over it you will soon feel your clothes become looser.

There were so many posts to read I love to hear everyone's news.

Take good care

Michele

SW 14 stone 10lbs
CW 9 stone 7lbs
SW 8 stone 13lbs

Height 5"
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:05 PM   #383  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hello all,
I;m knackered! Have been shopping and was up very early... got lost on the way, no surprise there really...

Darling dave has the tree up and lights on, snowman out front, and new reindeer, that he went and got this morning, because I mentioned that I'd really like some... deccies will go up tomorrow through the day, by moi...too tired tonight, off to bed in a mo.

See you all tomorrow.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:12 AM   #384  

S/C/G: 222/197/132

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the kind words guys. Last night I had a complete blow-out (decided that as I'd already had chocolate, I went ahead and had a Chinese takeaway too). This made me feel worse and I got a bit depressed, went to bed and had a really good cry. Since I'm so fed up of being miserable about it all, it's made me want to get back into the diet to cheer me up. Hopefully I'll do better now that all the chocolate is gone - I can easily avoid buying it, but can't not eat it if it's there. Only 4 weeks till Xmas so I need to get my skates on. Literally.
wana wear a bikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 04:30 AM   #385  
Consistency + Balance

OMG - Helen - you find the nicest recipes. I've saved that one as well.

Life's strange - I've got the chav neighbours from **** on one side who fight constantly but who always kiss and make up - and the neighbours the other side (the ones that we share a party wall with) are so quiet and have always seemed to be 'all loved up' with each other - but they are the ones who split up last night. Big surprise - very sad

CG - my neighbour has loaned me the James Van Praagh book 'Talking to Heaven' and the John Edward book 'One Last Time'. You could see her biting her lip to stop herself from asking why I wanted to borrow them. I don't need anyone else to know me and DH are both going nuts.

Well - we're off out for dinner tonight at some friends' house. I'm very much looking forward to the company but kind of dreading the food - last time we ate there the whole meal was very rich - beautiful home made pate, the main course was chicken but with a butter, cream and brandy sauce, then there was cream in the dessert and... of course... cheese and bikkies - and I ended up with INCREDIBLE heart burn - my system can't seem to take those kinds of food any more. This time I've got my Zantac ready in advance rather than waiting until I think I'm having a heart attack at 3am then getting DH to get out of bed and go to the motorway services to get me some!
Old 11-25-2006, 06:40 AM   #386  

3 lbs gone today, YAY for water weight. I did realize that I need to flip out a bit less about these gains it kind of ruined my day yesterday even though in my head I knew most of it would drop off in the next few days.

Helen I hope you are having fun at the photoshoot being all glamorous.

Sarah have fun at dinner, maybe it will be a bit lighter tonight. My stomach has been iffy since Thanksgiving so not used to eating that much.

Beautiful weather all weekend
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:49 AM   #387  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Morning,
I'm all rested and recuperated from yesterdays shopping spree. Will be heading to curves shortly, and a nice walk when I get back, at least it's dry out and the wind has finally dropped. Yay, RSG, a nice weekend...hubs is going to put the outside lights up. So at least he won't get wind battered or rained on while out there.

Sarah, that food sounds very lovely but like you say, rather rich, funny how our systems can't take it anymore. I find when we have a rather rich meal, usually if we've been out (which isn't often) I'm running straight to the loo on our return home.. seems to run right through me. I take it as a good thing though

You'll love that James Van P book, it really seems to make sense. It helped me deal with a lot of closure after losing Dad, and it was about six years after he'd gone. I'm sure not everyone would get the same thing as I did, but I was impressed.

HM... that friend (NOT) is horrible...you say you don't stand up to people and that's an ok thing, maybe if you just pretend she doesn't exist any more and ignore any contact she makes, it will make her think of what sort of drivel comes out of her mouth...remember though, it's a known fact, people who put other's down are compensating for something that's missing in their own existance....:hugs:

Ok, must get to curves...and then talk to Mum and clean anad get the rest of the dccies out, shall be a busy day here today.

helen, hope you're enjoying all your glamour moments...hope they're not harrassing you too much and you have a wonderful experience.
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:15 AM   #388  
Consistency + Balance

Ooh yes, I forgot about Helen's photoshoot - good luck Helen and I hope it all goes well. Don't let them bully you! (I hope they are paying your expenses.)

RSG - great about the 3lbs!!!

Chris - I've got an open mind on this - but I'm feeling a bit 'weirded out' (as DH described it on the phone to his Mum) by the whole thing at the moment. That session with the psychic the other day seems to have stirred things up a bit here.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:54 AM   #389  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning everyone. Another gorgeous day here. We put up the lights outside yesterday as it was so mild. The colder air will be back by mid-week.

Chris you're way ahead of us haven't done the tree yet Probably do that next week.

We're going to see "Flushed Away" today with our youngest. Last time we took her to a movie she went to the loo 4 times.She really wants to see this one. I might even go shopping after the movie

Sarah I hope you like the book. It is very interesting. It's been a while since I read it, I might dig it out again.

Enjoy the day.

Meant to say good luck Helen on your photoshoot. Will we be able to see your pics?

Last edited by Clydegirl; 11-25-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:33 PM   #390  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for all your supportive comments... now if I only knew how to word the email/letter without adding to her list of things to get at me about... i'm a tad useless at wording things! She did it last time I saw her in September, the first time in a couple years... it's like she was saving it up! I was the same size as I was when I last saw her in 2003 as when I started the diet, give or take a few lbs... so I thought she would've seen a loss, but it seems to me as if she thinks i'm bigger?! Hmm... I was 30/32 then... i'm 24/26 now... Surely there is a difference??!!

Oh well...

Sarah Ann... Yup, SW... and yup, I am sticking to it, but i'm now putting on more often than taking off! I might try weight watchers or something for a while... but I like the stickers at SW, it gives me something to show people! But, it's not working anymore. I'm practically starving myself on some days because I've just run out of ideas of what to eat! I have one week meat, one week green, then one week both alternate days... but it doesn't work anymore. I lost 4lb a few weeks ago, but do you know what I was eating mostly that week? Chocolate! I didn't have time to cook or make anything... so I had a chocolate or two to get me through the day. But I am now regularly going without meals. I put on if I eat... I put on if I don't... but i'm too damn depressed to eat now. I never thought i'd get obsessed with food.
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote