UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 11-30-2006, 03:04 AM   #1  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Default Drop a Dress Size by Christmas Challenge Weigh In Thread No. 5

My goodness - 1st of December tomorrow - these weeks are FLYING past!
No change for me this week. Not sure why because I haven't eaten any differently and I've been trying to drink more water. Ah well... I thought it was going too smoothly!

How's everyone else doing?

26 days to Christmas!

Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:13 AM   #2  

161...so I dropped the Thanksgiving lard but still 1 lb up from my start Hopefully on the right track now though, sort of a quiet weekend planned so hopefully I will not fall apart and undo any good work.

I feel like I'm writing the same thing every week

I've been upping the intensity of my workouts so hopefully that will pay off in next weeks weigh in.
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:53 AM   #3  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

RSG - well done for getting back on track. Isn't it scary how easy it is to put a pound or two on? It doesn't seem fair that its such a struggle to get them back off again.

I was looking forward to lightening up a bit with the diet over Christmas but the struggle I've had to lose this most recent 7lbs (on this Challenge) has made me think again about what and/or how much I'm going to eat.

I started this diet in October last year and I gave myself a year to get the lard off but I still haven't finished. So now I'm aiming to shift these last 16 pounds to get down to my goal weight (the top end of a 'normal' weight for my height) by my 10th wedding anniversary at the end of February which is only 12 weeks away. I think its just about do-able but only if I don't go silly over Christmas.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:38 AM   #4  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Two pounds back on I'm not changing my ticker this time though.. all that faffing about. I seem to be on a horrible yo-yo with this challenge...mind you, Thanksgiving and pizza this week, didn't really help me. That's not right, it was nothing to do with Thanksgiving and pizza... I could have said no to pie for afters and had fruit instead.. and I didn't have to order pizza this week, because I was a lazy cow and couldn't be bothered to cook.. so I'm not blaming anything else but me

Well done on staying the same Sarah, and RSG, you did well shifting your Thanksgiving... you'll lose nect week, just watch and see.

How's everyone else doing?
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:46 AM   #5  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

154 today. I've been up a pound or two for the past week. Nothing to get too worked up about, but I'm keeping an eye on it. Today it was heading back down though.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:07 AM   #6  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I'm up half a pound. I'm lucky could have been worse.

Here's to a better week.

Stop buying mint M&M's. They're too much of a temptation.

Last edited by Clydegirl; 11-30-2006 at 09:29 AM.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 08:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 222/197/132

Height: 5'4"

My official weigh-in is Sunday, but this morning I was too tempted. I'm down about another half a pound (and I weighed on a full stomach after breakfast) - that's nearly 2lbs since Monday. Hopefully the trend will continue, and I'll post my final loss on Sunday! Really struggling to do any exercise this week though, I'm fine with food, but usually nothing happens if I just eat better, I have to slog my guts out at the gym. Walked the 3 miles to Uni in the pissing rain today, and plan to go to the gym tomorrow.
wana wear a bikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:04 PM   #8  

Half a pound off. I went to ww even though I'm ill, then wished I hadn't bothered. I'm normally anti social but that and being ill isn't good in public.

I'm happy though, I got confused and thought I'd gained. I never want to see 19 st again.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:23 PM   #9  

another 1 off!!
sarahgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

Well I'm up as expected - now I'm only 5.5lb up (oh no - a bag of spuds!!) whereas earlier in the week I was 9lb up. Got to get back on track, this week hasn't been the best for me, was feeling really urghhh and self-defeatist yesterday and ate 2 small galaxy bars and tonight I've been for an Indian with two of my closest friends which to be honest I don't feel too bad about as we all live about 30 miles apart from each other so don't get to meet up more than once a month for our mad chatter nights.

Please somebody kick me up the backside

Well done everyone on their losses and stay the sames, specially to Veggie as losing when you're not well is a very good thing to do and better hugs to all those who've gained

CG - yours made me laugh as when I saw the mint m&m's (sounds heavenly) I automatically looked at where you live to just check that it was in the States as I thought so that I could hopefully not get access to them
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:22 PM   #11  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Katie they also have mint kisses which are to die for. They always bring this stuff out at Christmas.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:20 PM   #12  

They also just came out with truffle kisses. Crazy good.
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:32 AM   #13  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

hello everyone, seem everyone is finding it harder at the moment, i blame the stupid weather its TOO COOOOLD
i had an odd week, last friday i had choc fondue,(hoping to avoid it but just couldent) then i had a better day sunday but had a curry which was most my food allowence for the day, i weighed 225 (17lb loss) on monday which i was a bit dissapointed with because it was my anniversary and i reeeealy think if i hadnt endulged both the days before it would have been an 18lb loss.
but today, finally, after a very carefull week im onto my 18lb loss YAY....
im gonna aim to loose another 6lbs by christmas, so i will have lost 24 lbs, whuich will be well on my way into smaller clothes...

the size 20 jeans i bought 3 weeks ago, hang off me now, and look stupid. Im now waring a pair which didnt fit at the start of the diet, there not the most comfy jeans, but i have no other choice,.....hopefully my job interview today will go well and ill have money to buy new clothes LOL.
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:34 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 271/252.5/164

Height: 5'2"

FTT - Good luck with your interview, hope all goes well for you
katie_oxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:56 AM   #15  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

goOD LUCK ON THE INTERVIEW ftt.....Oh, sorry caps lock on....well done on the loss, throw the jeans awy that look horrible and are to big...or donate them or sell them...don't keep them! I just packed up a pair of 18's that I bought as I couldn't wear my 16's comfortably, so sent the 18's to a friend in Germany as she say's she's now in that size, they were uncomfortable on me, the crotch swung around (well that's how it felt) and the arse was all baggy... and the legs... well I could go on, anyhow, even though I felt that I needed that size, and bought that size, I'm more comfy in my 16's having yo- o'ed the couple of pounds but I've lost inches, so there's the comfort I suppose...I'm waffling...I'm stopping......Goodbye
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote