UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 11:48 AM   #406  

Its bucketing down here too - remembered about half an hour ago that the bunny is out (DH put him out before work this morning, altogether now 'aaaahhhhhh') not a happy bunny!!

Carol - if you can't cook it in one pot then don't bother - your on holiday and the kids love it. We went camping about 10 years ago and DH cooked breakfast every morning in one pan - it was delicious (now my mouths watering).

Joined WW this morning and a bit baffled by the points system - I have to stick to 18 for 1 week and then I go up to 22 after that. If anyone's got any good points advice then I'm all ears.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:50 AM   #407  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

sounds great sarah!
i am going to rely on ready meals and prepared salads,or eating out .
Old 05-28-2002, 01:06 PM   #408  

All you need to eat whilst camping is corned beef and mash or sausage and mash served in a bowl thats all I used to eat as a kid anyway! Best meals of my life!

Delaney good luck with the points thingys
Old 05-28-2002, 01:25 PM   #409  

Ooh guess who starts work at 7am on saturday (if she makes it that far which is debatable)
Old 05-29-2002, 03:22 AM   #410  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Sausages?? Corned Beef???? Veggie... are you turning in to a carnivore?
Old 05-29-2002, 01:02 PM   #411  

No I was a child then and a non veggie.

Have I missed all the fun then? Not fair why do I have to work I wanna retire.
Old 05-29-2002, 02:14 PM   #412  

I liked that guy who was voted "boss of the year" - he gave all his people a 9 day fortnight. Basically they could have one extra day off per fortnight as long as they made up their hours through the days they were in, and they made sure the office had enough cover.

My place gives you a basic 20.5 days leave, but you can "buy back" up to another 12 with your salary. Surprise surprise, I take the maximum leave!! But there are people who are happy enough with the bare minimum and woud rather take the money. Takes all sorts ...
Old 05-30-2002, 02:49 AM   #413  
Consistency + Balance

What a nice bloke to have for your boss! Kevin's ex employers were the opposite - how about this for unfair.... Kevin's last employers have offered their workers a 'productivity incentive' which is that they will get paid monthly for the overtime that they have been forced to do. They don't have an option, they HAVE to do the overtime or get the sack and what their contracts say should happen is that they get paid for it on 31st October of each year - but in reality they get rostered off as and when the management see fit, but never whole days, so for the last three years they have never actually ever got paid any overtime

We couldn't believe it when we heard about the 'productivity incentive' - to get paid their rightful overtime (and no extra) they have to increase their productivity by 10% per week for four consecutive weeks!
Old 05-30-2002, 04:39 AM   #414  
Theres no stopping me now

My own office does the 9 day fortnight - you work an extra 45 minutes one day and 3- for the other 8 and you get the 10th day of. It is amazing even though I don't the days very often at the moment due to work load.

They don't do it in the Glasgow office though - tis a local arrangement only
Old 05-30-2002, 05:20 AM   #415  

What a great idea, I wish my company would adopt something like that. Here we work flexitime but we are not allowed to use any time we have worked over our normal working hours for either a half day or a full day off.

Is anyone else getting really fed up with the constant raining? I can't remember a morning when I didn't walk to work in the pouring rain.

I have been doing really well on my diet for 4 weeks now and on Tuesday evening I slipped up and overindulged on wine and salty snacks. I feel really bloated now and not looking forward to weigh in tomorrow

Sorry to sound so negative, I feel really down at the moment, like a really bad case of PMS but lasting longer.
Old 05-30-2002, 05:46 AM   #416  
Consistency + Balance

Phoebe, that could be either the salt content of the snacks OR the wine - they both make you retain fluid. I can actually watch my fingers and ankles swell up after I've had a glass of wine nowadays.... boo hoo!!!!!
Old 05-30-2002, 11:13 AM   #417  

feel like death warmed up = Steve was up most of the night being sick so I skived off work today - Steve was better this mornign and went to his nursery this afternoon- was too much for him so now he's sleeping on the couch and I am surviving on about 2 hours sleep. Plus TOM started this morning - what happened to my good week !!!

Just want to go to sleep - wonder how early I can persuade my 7 year old into bed ??????
Old 05-30-2002, 11:15 AM   #418  

meant to say my fingers are all swollen up with PM water retention and lack of water drinking today - doesn't make any sense does it ????
Old 05-30-2002, 01:38 PM   #419  

A mean man asked for the supervisor today when I couldn't get a schools number for him and HUZZAH the super couldn't either I was so happy about that obviously this caller bloke is stoopid not me I'm dead clever me Just got my first nightime duty for two weeks time working until 2am!
Old 05-31-2002, 05:28 AM   #420  

2am - nightmare Veggie !!!
Closed Thread