UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Hi everyone!!

I have been considering it for a while and have come to decide that I'm joining SW tomorrow. I'm not too scared about the weigh in after I got on the scales just the other day, lol I just hope I haven't put anymore weight on!!!

So I guess I'll be a regular from now on I've got a long way to go but cant wait to see all the changes.
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 194/174/133

Height: 5.2

Great! Did you go today?
Super Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #183  

Hey,

I went today I left there feeling inspired and motivated to stick to this, it's an amazing feeling to hear about everyone else's success or even if they were finding it hard. I guess it made me feel normal.

My weigh in showed me I weighed even more than my scales had said before but at least I know my starting point! My leader even said, that realistically I won't have to see those numbers for much longer as long as I'm focussed. It all clicked, I'll definitely be going back next week!

Has anyone else weighed in???
Old 08-01-2009, 05:11 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

I'm another who has decided to join SW. I need the discipline of being on a plan, and having researched various systems this one seems the best choice for me. My first meeting will be next Thursday but couldn't see the point in waiting until then to join this supportive thread.

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:10 AM   #185  

Oooh! Let us know how it goes, I really enjoyed my first session, I felt at home and it was motivational to see everyone elses losses! I wonder if I've even lost a pound this week lol I'll see how much of a success it has been.

take care!!
Old 08-01-2009, 05:19 PM   #186  

Hi SoulSurvivor I see that you're another newbie on this site as well as to SW.

As you've been to a meeting already maybe you could help. A friend is trying to put me off going saying that the plan is very complicated and difficult. Is it?

Thanks in advance and I hope you see a favourable result when you officially weigh in next.

Nicki
Old 08-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #187  

Hey Nicki,

To be honest I haven't found it hard at all, it's pretty self explanatory. I've found the cooking and eating really easy this week and haven't particularly struggled!

The only bit that is hard to understand is how on earth you can eat as much of the "free foods" as you want..(fruit,veg, lean meat etc) But it's all to do with food density and fat. It's just got me eating proper balanced meals and the food tastes great! You can season it how you wish and fry your foods with Fry Light instead of oil to make it less fatty.

I'm not fully clued up but I can say that I'm happy to go back on Monday and I hope to keep on going, providing I've lost something lol

It's definitely worth a try! Is there anything in particular that your friend said made it complicated and difficult?

xxx
Old 08-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #188  

No SoulSurvivor she just told me that another aquaintance of hers at her workplace had been told that it was difficult. I've just given my friend a call and asked her if that workmate had told her why it was difficult and the only answer my friend had was that her friend had been told that by someone else. Can you see a pattern here? A lot of people being put off and nothing concrete to back up what they're saying.

It will take a lot more than silly rumours and Chinese whispers to stop me from attending on Thursday.

Would you say that this is a good eating plan for those of us who binge? I'm really hope so, because I'm out of control with my eating right now.

Nicki
Old 08-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #189  

lol Nicki, that made me giggle... I love Chinese whispers!!

I can't vouch for everyone but I do appreciate the way it's set up. I haven't found myself in a situation where I binged this week, maybe it's because it's just the beginning or something. But there are perks, I've ended up substituting my binge foods with fruit and low calorie yoghurts. I don't eat anywhere near as much of them as I would with my junk food but it really has helped me.

It's given me a sense of discipline and a hierarchy of food that I have been ignoring for a long time. I'm on the Extra Easy plan , theres 3 other ways you can do it but supposedly (and as the name suggests) this is the easiest one :P
So you have 3 types of food, the first being the most important, the last being optional.

1) Free Foods - foods you can eat freely during the day that you needn't weigh (e.g. Vegetables, pasta, noodles, fruit, grains, pulses, fat and skin free chicken/meat/bacon , fish quorn, tofu)
2)Healthy Extras - you have 2 choices, an A choice and a B choice and you make one choice from each category every day.
The A choice is dairy content (e.g. 42g mozzarella, 3 babybel light cheeses, 250ml semi-skimmed milk)
The B choice is high fibre (e.g. 2 Alpen light cereal bars, 28g honey nut shredded wheat, 2 slices of wholemeal bread)
3) Syns - These are optional, you can eat between 5-15 syns a day. Each food has it's own number of syns, so it's up to you to decide whether you really want the syns or if you could do without , or if you can find an option that has lower syns. ( e.g. Magnum Ice cream = 11 syns, Mini Milk Ice cream =1.5 syns, 2 Finger Kit Kat = 5.5)

The idea is to fill up on the Free Foods and then on the Healthy Extras and then if you really want to , have some Syns. I have had hardly any Syns simply because my meals have really filled me up and having the option of 2 cereal bars and 3 baby bels keeps it feasible for me , in the sense that I don't only have to eat at meal times.

I hope I haven't confused you!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #190  

My god, I got weighed and I've lost 7.5lbs!!! I'm so happy, I'm definitely going to keep going! Hope everyone else has had a good week!!

Last edited by SoulSurvivor; 08-03-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:26 PM   #191  

CONGATULATIONS!

7.5lb in one week is fantastic. Good for you.

I rang up the local leader to make sure it would be ok for me to take my daughter and there will be no problems.
Nicki
Old 08-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #192  

I can now have a signature! I'm going to have a tracker, but I'm waiting until I've been officially weighed in at SW. I've a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be higher than my bathroom scales. In fact I already know that I'm 2lb up from my starting weight here, which proves to me that I can't do this on my own and that I need help.

Nicki
Old 08-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #193  

Aw thanks Nicki!! I was really gobsmacked when I saw my weight! I wonder if I'll lose anything, alot of people tend to not really lose in their second week but I'm going to stick to it and just see! My target is to lose 2lbs,I won't be sad if I don't lose it, I'll just keep going!
What day's your weigh in?? Good luck on your first day, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
xx
Old 08-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #194  

I went to my first meeting tonight and everyone made me feel welcome. Only one downside to the whole thing. My starting weight is 18stone 6lb, my bathroom scales were showing me just before I left to go to the meeting (fully clothed) 17stone 8lb, nearly a stone difference. So I have a choice get some new bathroom scales or forget about weighing at home. It's obvious that something is wrong with the scales I've got.

I plan looks quite complicated at first but then the penny drops. Eat healthy, cut out the crap, fill up on the free foods, make sure you eat your healthy options both a and b. Then add in your syns up to a max of 25 but if you're like me you will have your 5 minimum. Thats to make sure you never feel deprivied of the so called naughty nibbles, or if like me you like a little bit of gravy on your Sunday dinner.

I'm starting my first food tracker tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Nicki

Last edited by Nicki54; 08-06-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #195  

Hey Nicki!!

I'm glad you went, I know the whole scale thing - that's exactly what happened with me so I'm investing in a new one tomorrow... lol I know I probably shouldnt because it will only make me more paranoid but the ones I own are absolutely terrible!

I didn't understand the plan till I was on my way home and decided to go shopping , at which point I realised that I could pretty much eat "normal" meals and it's not tasteless, boring food. I don't use up all 15 syns (yet), I have my Hi-Fi bar as a b option healthy extra, which seems to take away my craving for chocolate. But I love having the syns there if I want them! It's wicked for when I want to make a nice sauce for my noodles or an ice lolly on a hot day.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll jump right onto the right path! You are motivated and seem to have got to grips with the basics of the plan! If you have any midweek questions feel free to ask me!!
xxx

Last edited by SoulSurvivor; 08-06-2009 at 08:26 PM.