UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #46  
banned

I think slimming is not a good way because it produces more diseases and creates more problems in our daily life.

Last edited by veggie; 08-05-2008 at 02:35 PM.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 182

Height: 5 ft

Hello all!I'm new here and I'm just about to go back to SW on Tuesday after a dramatic fall from the wagon!I look forward to hearing about everyone elses SW experiences!
redheaduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 10:24 AM   #48  

Hi, I'm back. I've been offline for a while. SW is going ok. I have just moved from my family home into a student flat as I am going to uni soon. I'm finding that being on a budget doesn't effect SW at all. It's been mostly green days for me. Has anyone made a fantastic meal that they would like to share? I'm looking for inspiration!

Does anyone know the syns of Asdas 'Nutritionally Balanced' Salmon teriyaki and 'Fresh Tastes' Salmon Niscoise meals? I have them in the fridge and one of them looks like dinner!
Bryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:54 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 298/289/192

Height: 5"8"

Hi! Hadn't realised there were slimming world threads. Cool!

Im down 3lb this week and got my stone and a half award at class.

Im 6lbs from my 10% so thats my little mini goal now

If anyones got this months mag - the 3 bean chilli recipe is to die for! Delicious, cheap to make and all free on a green day
debsarooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #50  
Thinking healthy!

S/C/G: 438/436/350

Height: 5'5½"

Hey all! I'm going back to SW on Tuesday (23rd) after a 4-ish year hiatus. I got a ways to go, so wish me weight loss!!

Can anyone tell me how many syns are in a MAGGI stock cube (tiny square cubes in foil)? It's an African cooking staple and I cook everything with it. They sell it in bags of like, 20 or so here in the UK.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Last edited by Amy Blue; 09-22-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Amy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:30 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 273/268/200

Height: 5.3

hello all, i started slimming world on monday i have a long way to go but determined to get there, well done on all the weight loss everyonefantastic inspiration. good luck amy

mich x
mich72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:33 AM   #52  

I got weighed fairly recently and was less than I thought but naughty naughty have not weighed myself since. Tryig to be good. I have and a tasty raspberry granola (shapers from Boots) this morning. A bit too sweet for me and not to be encouraged every morning. 188 calories - well, better than the huuuge veggie samaosa I was lusting after anyway.
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 298/289/192

Height: 5"8"

Happy to report Ive hit my 2stone mark and lost my 10% body weight
debsarooni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:26 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 266/242/168

Height: 5ft7

Hi all.....well thats me back again......after falling off the wagon rather dramatically last year I have finally decided to get back on track. Doesn't look like any of the 'old' gang is still here, but hey, looking forward sharing my journey with you all.....I lost 2 stone last year before falling off the wagon, and since then I have gained 3 stone back.

I have been diagnosed a few months ago with a severely underactive thyroid and have been put on medication. I am starting to feel better now but my weight is not going down yet. My doctor gave me reductil now and I'm starting to take it tomorrow. Hopefully I will see a change soon.

I have attended a scottish slimmers meeting yesterday, but I didn't really like it and find it very confusing, so I think I will re-joing SW next week.....at least I know what I'm doing lol......

Well my starting point is 20st 4lb.....hopefully by Xmas I will be down a stone.....
Moonchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:11 AM   #55  

Moony- Do I count as 'Old gang'?? I have been here for quite a while. I hope the meds help and good luck with SW.

Amy - Regarding the Maggi stock cubes - I think if you go to SW you get a password and so can go online to check the syn value. I would be very surprised though if it was more than say 1-2 syns. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Congrats Debs! That's a great loss
Old 10-27-2008, 07:22 AM   #56  

Peacock, didn't even see you there!!!! Of course you count as old gang lol......Well, been on the tablets now since saturday morning and I think I already feel a change in my appetite. Don't know if it's just my imagination, but I seem to be having less cravings.....my other half is on backshift this week, so this will be the true test....cause usually if I'm home by myself, I tend to eat a lot more.......or sneak in a Mc D's lol.....
Old 11-05-2008, 09:00 AM   #57  

Afternoon all. Hope all is well on the weighing scales!

I passed an accident this morning and was rather shocked that a mum was standing there with her two kids gawping! Obviously not anything to do with the crash. I really let rip and called her disgusting. She said I was stupid! Well rather that than spend my time gawping at a poor motocyclist and allowing her 2 young kids to view it all. Good grief!
Old 11-06-2008, 04:51 AM   #58  

Hey Peacock,

Absolutely shocking....some people really do need a reality check...it's disgusting!

Anyhoo, joined up again yesterday, and my new group seems really nice. Especially after the scottish slimmers desaster from 2 weeks ago. I weigh in at 20st 4lb, same as I was a couple of weeks ago on the GP's scale. But to be fair I have not really watched what I was eating, so I'm not surprised. I've been taking Reductil for a bit over a week now, and I think I feel less hungry.....but only time will show....will make my weekly plan during the day. But have a party on Saturday, so I have to wait and see what happens this week.....
Old 11-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #59  

Good lucky Moonchild!

I have not weighed myself for a long time and don't think the scales will work properly so that probably means a visit to Boots. Although i no longer go to SW I know (I think!) enough about it to know what to do (says she!). Of course all the no syn 'free' food may have changed now - sometimes that happens.....

I remember eating a tin of WW rice pud - foul! and about 13 syns to boot!!

However I believe the Quorn stuff is still low/free so I should be ok there and I eat mainly pasta and rice and always stick to green days as I am veggie.

Of course I do indulge in chocolate (wish I had some today!) and other -worse stuff but I am trying!

Does anyone know if those batchelors pasta packets are still low in syns - they used to be free - I got a load of the Mushroom and ? ones.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:43 AM   #60  

I think they are still free......, u just have to use some of ur A choice for the milk.....yeh, just checked, they are free on green.....and i love them....they do fill u up quiet a bit....and if u tart them up a bit, u can even have them as a full meal.....

Yeh, quiet a few things have changed since I fell off the wagon.....but nothing severe....mostly still the same.....