UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/144/133

Height: 5'6''

Default OMG - Need a kick in the bum

Hi Ladies,
I just weighed myself and today i am 12 stone 7. This time last year I had slimmed down to 9 stone 7.

I really can't believe I have let myself gain back all that I lost I think I have been in denial.

So today I am starting from scratch. I think I need to forget how slim I was last year and make a new start. Looking for some support to keep me on track . It just seems a little hopeless right now!
hopefulchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #2  
Seafood and eat it :D

Hiya.. This time last year i weighed 9 stone 8. I now weigh 13 stone. I never really noticed id piled on the pounds until my partner commented ona picture of me. 'wow, your skinny there!' men eh.. So. Ive decided (for the thousandth time this year) to diet! Im now on day 5. Ive gone from eating nothing but crap, and i mean fizzy pop, choclate, pizzas, takeaways and basically crappy fatty food lol. To eatin 3 small meals a day of salad, tuna, grilled chicken etc. And drinking plenty of water. I feel so much better!! And this time im not giving up lol. I know how hard it is to diet. Very hard when i have a partner that has a cupboard filled with crisps, choclate, donuts, u name it, hes got it lol.. Any advice you need, or even just a general chat im here!! Wow, i can go on lol. Good luck hun xxxxx
jayne231403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #3  
Forever fighting the fat

S/C/G: 185/171/153

Height: 5ft 9ins

And I thought I was the only one is this situation . I've been wallowing in sef pity for about 6 weeks now and have put on a stone. I thought I was the only one and felt quite embarrassed about it. knowing that there are other people in the same situation has just made me all of a sudden feel so much less guilty. thank you you two for being so honest about your gains. I am now 13 stone (was 11). do you think we could keep this thread going and buddy up for support?
xxx

Last edited by X Lexi X; 06-06-2011 at 09:18 AM.
X Lexi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:10 PM   #4  
Seafood and eat it :D

Its amazing how you think you look absolutely fine until you see a photo or someone points out to you how much weight you have put on. Im determined this time to be around 9 to 10 stone. Not setting my self any unrealistic goals of being a size 8 or a 6! A healthy size 10 or 12 will do me. Lol xxx
jayne231403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #5  

Wow thanks for posting girls. This has really made such a difference to me today knowing that other people are in a similar situation to me has spurred me on to do it! I would love to buddy up with you Lexi or everyone!
Today was day one I ate well walked to work and went to the gym - i'm feeling optimistic. My brother graduates from uni on the 15th July and i'd like to look visably slimmer by then fingers crossed x
Old 06-06-2011, 08:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 179/173.6/140

Height: 5ft 5"

I'm the same. At xmas I was 9 stone, I am now around 10st 7 lbs...some days heavier, some days lighter.
Totally disgusted with myself and determined to get back into last summers wardrobe by mid July.
It's insane how it just creeps up on you!!
bella83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:21 AM   #7  
Forever fighting the fat

S/C/G: 185/171/153

Height: 5ft 9ins

Let's do this girls! Today I was 12 12.6 and ive just made myself a banana smoothie for breakfast
X Lexi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #8  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I think the realisation of how much you weigh combined with working out your BMI is a HUGE kick in the bum, especially for me! Kidding myself into thinking I was alright looking, I was pudgy but not FAT for years wasn't helping me one bit - so when I realised that I was officially obese it made me work harder. I've lost 6 pounds so far, which isn't much compared to some but any progress is progress.

You can all do it! Find what works for you and keep going and thinking of a new sexier you =D
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/188/147

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne231403 View Post
Its amazing how you think you look absolutely fine until you see a photo or someone points out to you how much weight you have put on.
completely agree with this one, i had lost 3 stone, met my boyfriend and we started watching tv and general lounging around and no gym and suddenly 3yrs passed and i looked at a picture at christmas and something clicked, i couldn#t believe it was me and that i was that.. dare i say "FAT" .. i i am not stupid i knew i had put on "some weight" and i knew that i was "big" lol or "pudgy" but i suppose cos we're the same inside is it??

bizzare how suddenly you see a different you

anywaz best of luck that fat picture at christmas kicked me into a serious reality check.. and for that i am truly grateful, and if i feel like giving up i think how mortified i was when i realised it was me in that photo..

Keep fighting the good fight guys , we'll be soon taking photos where we don't have to feel like the fat one

Last edited by curlysue82; 06-07-2011 at 07:36 AM.
curlysue82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:31 AM   #10  
Finding what works for me

S/C/G: 209 / 194 / 160

Height: 5' 9"

It's totally true. I knew i had put on a lot of weight (that i'd previously lost; 10 1/2 stone last christmas, now almost 15stone...) but i have seen a succession of pictures recently that have made me realise i need to do something about it... I am so sick of yo-yo dieting though I really want to do it right and keep the weight of for good without the obsession with calories / good food / bad food. It just messes with my brain and leads me to binge.
SuperChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #11  

Superchick, that's exactly what happened to me. Last year when I lost all that weight I got myself into a really unhealthy obsession with food and exercise and was restricting myself so much - I didn't want to put myself in situations with food! So I decided to throw away the scale for a while which I think was a good decision to stop myself becoming more obsessed but I just let this weight creep back up on me

Still I need to look at this in a positive light, we are doing something about it now, wihch is better than tomorrow, tomorrow ...
Old 06-09-2011, 06:23 AM   #12  
Finding what works for me

S/C/G: 209 / 194 / 160

Height: 5' 9"

Sounds very familiar! I too was totally obsessed and thought i was being really active and healthy but was easily doing 2-3hours hardcore excercise a day. And freaking out about food. It seems funny to look back on it now a bit more objectively.

I also stopped weighing myself and tried to start eating 'intuitively' but really was just giving myself an excuse to binge / overeat without the guilt... although it's still there (always niggling somewhere). I agree with a lot of the principles of intuitive eating but just can't seem to get my eating under control.

I would really like to keep this thread going / buddy up / generally encourage each other! I don't want to bury my head in the sand but i also don't want to bully my body into submission - it obviously hasn't worked in the past or I wouldn't have regained so much! It goes against my grain (i.e. i want to be thin right now :-) ) but slowly and gently is going to be the way for me.
SuperChick is offline   Reply With Quote