UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 10-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #226  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Hi Eternaldieter - After much consideration I decided to bite the bullet and count calories ... along with exercise, which after a 20 year hiatus has actually surprised me how much I am enjoying it! I've never been one for exercise, but having a friend to join me has given me the motivation that I desperately need ... neither one of us wants to let each other down ... I'm hoping this is the key to my new body!!
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 226/222.2/140

Height: 5' 9"

Good for you. Hope it goes well. My problem with Slimming World is I can't get my hands on spray oil where I live. I'm just brushing food lightly with oil. Not perfect but it's good to be actually caring about what I eat instead of just shoving it all in.
EternalDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:13 AM   #228  

Default Spray oil

Hello ED

Can you not get the spray oil from a supermarket? Have you not a big Sainsburys near you or something? If not that is a shame as I use the spray
all the time.
Peacock Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #229  

Am I the only one who finds the amaerican way of doing the date wierd and confusing???!!!

I was thinking, I am sure I did not write that last post on 11th April!!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Hey everyone!!!

I went awol for 2 months, lol absolutely TERRIBLE!! I put on 7lbs (can't believe it) but I had alot on my plate.. lol literally

I rejoined SW yesterday, in a group close to my new home.. Weigh ins are on Thursdays so I'm happy to be back!! I've lost just over 2 stone now, and I don't want to give up

xxxx
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 194/174/133

Height: 5.2

I just rejoined Body Optimise (SW Online) after leaving around October time. I was having success (although it is slow, its very manageable) and after about 2 weeks got really into it, to the stage where I didn't ever fancy anything fatty. Slowly over Xmas and just afterwards got into bad habits, eating puddings and was shocked to have put on about 10lbs! So anyway girlies, back onto it now and its day 3, going OK.

I only do Extra Easy as I like food too much to do red or green days, and its totally easy to fit around the family and eat really tasty, good food which is healthy.

The online version is a bit pricey really, and the website hasnt been improved, its still a bit clunky to use but its a good resource if you are like me and have no time to go to the classes.

I have chosen the option with the magazines, but without the books.
Super Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 194/174/133

Height: 5.2

My weakness is puddings (then I turned into one). And so my treat on SW is a chocolate mousse in the evenings. I usually buy the Weight Watchers version, £1.20 for 2 pots. But I noticed in Tesco that their "Value" chocolate mousse had less carbs, sugar and calories so I bought some and you know what, it's actually really good! 25p for FOUR pots. Funny how it's not a diet version but will suit my diet very nicely!
Super Chunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 150/142/133

Height: 5'4"

Hi, can I join you? I live abroad so don't have a group and just want to get some online support. I want to lose about a stone and a half in total which doesn't seem quite as much as some other people on this forum but I have never stuck to diet before so still feel I have my work cut out for me! I like slimming world as I don't think it is too rigid but I somehow feel that my green days are going to be less effective than red days. Is this right or have you found that it doesn't make a difference which days you follow?
Any tips to help me? Thanks so much...
JG123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #234  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Hi all, I remember posting in this thread when it first started lol.

Anyways i'd like to join again if thats ok.

Followed the plan well this week bar one day, and lost 2lbs this week. I'm getting the hang of it.

Fam have got this huge asda chocolate celebration cake! I'm hoping to avoid it and have got a 98kcal mily way in my pocket just in case, was considering 28g but my food scale broke!

Anyways feels good to be back!

X
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:48 PM   #235  

Default kant keep my hand out the cookie jar

hey guys im with slimming world too, been so for past 6 weeks, lost half a stone 4th week in althow i had a gain of 1 and a half pounds the week before.
how ever since i got that award i just kant stay out of the fridge and the cupboards mostly at night thats when i get the munchies, buyin fresh fruit is soooo expencive, i duno what elce to snack on as im sick of mullerlight and dnt always wana make a meal, anyone know of any syn free treats

hope you dont mind if i join ^^

i started with 28 pounds to lose, now ive 21 to lose.

its so obvious on me as im 5.2

Last edited by i ate all the pies; 05-31-2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: forgot to write something
i ate all the pies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:19 AM   #236  

Well, if mum's bathroom scales are right I have lost quite a bit of weight. Nothing to do with any diet, but I have been ill and not eating much at all due to some sort of a bug. I mainly ate the odd banana as I was low in potassium and did not fancy anyting else - so not a balanced diet! At my heaviest I was 15 stone but now seem to be 13 stone something so hopefully that will encourage me!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #237  
Making A Change!!

I am doing Slimming World as well....only started properly yesterday (Monday) but it's now Tuesday evening and I have stuck to it properly, no fudging the Syns or saying "Weight-in is Monday so I can cheat until Thursday"....

So I'm really proud of myself so far this Week....Weigh-In on Monday morning and am really looking forward to it....
DreamerHelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 361/332/154

Height: 5'9

Joined Slimming World last Wednesday, weigh in tomorrow. Done something I've never done in my entire life - cook from scratch! Bought all the ingredients for some meals that are free/very low syn on the extra easy days and frozen what I've not used!
xpiratex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 207/189/140

Height: 5.2"

Hi everyone.
Just joined this group today and look forward to all the future convos!!
I joined Slimming World on the 8th August 2010 and have lost 1st 4lb so far.
Since the the cold has arrived (im blaming the weather!!) I find myself struggling a bit. Had a 2lb gain last week, maintained the week before and lost 1lb this week.
Reading all your posts have started to feel really motivated again.
Thank you all.
miakai5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #240  

Default Green Day

HI
Could i join you all on slimming world,ive just started doing the green day not sure if i can loe weight on green days and wondered could i ask what you think of the green day slimming world diet, ive got 5 stone to lose my goal is 10 stone
thanks
beverley
beverley123 is offline   Reply With Quote