UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 03:49 AM   #196  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Weeeeeee netball!

I'm thinking about growing stuff in pots on the balcony. I'm thinking carrots, lettuce, perhaps cucumber, squash and I'd like to try and grow strawberries, but I#m not 100% whether you plant the strawberries from seed, or get a plant We are off to Homebase on Sunday to buy tubs and compost and seeds YAY!

Chris - I never thought of slapping the girls in the legs with my hockey stick. That would've been SO satisfying. If only I'd known....
Old 04-17-2007, 03:52 AM   #197  
aka Superwoman!

Sarah - http://www.cooksandkitchens.co.uk/pr...asp?ProdID=671 this is what I saw in the cookshop - the cheapest online is £7.99 from Lakeland. I think it was about the same in the shop, but obviously without the P&P.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:52 AM   #198  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I hated hockey with a passion. I used to be OK at netball and was on the school team (because no-one else wanted to do it?), but I haven't played for at least 11 years so I'm not expecting to remember much!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:20 AM   #199  

I loved hockey even though I hated most sports (loved rounders too!). So satisfying. You could get the bullies back. 2 Frus - you aim for the ankle - you score high points there!!!!
Old 04-17-2007, 05:21 AM   #200  

For those as wants it - I have posted the link for the cottage cheese lasagne on the recipe part of the UK chicks thingy.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:02 AM   #201  
aka Superwoman!

Ooooh I forgot to mention the luvverly asparagus bread pudding!

My but it was delicious! It had a lovely flavour, not sure whether that was the vegetable OXO or what!

DH ATE TOO MUCH! And was rolling around clutching his stomach! Much like I used to be So I guess it really WAS good then SMUG SMUG SMUG

Recipe here http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001571.html I really recommend the site. I made artichoke pancakes from it a couple of weekends ago and they were fabby too! I'm turning into a cook. And a vegetarian! However you'll never stop me making a good old fashioned roast dinner! And I won't be parted from my sausages, so there! Although I do like a good Quorn banger
Old 04-17-2007, 07:49 AM   #202  

Holy hangover.....oh well the Sox won and I am on vacation.

Chris seriously the bus crashes like once every 2 months, it goes from Chinatown Boston to Chinatown NYC. I think we can splurge for like $30 and go on Peter Pan

I'm having company from Chicago and I know I should have cleaned my place yesterday before I left to drink with the masses yesterday, Lord knows I don't want to do it now.

I did have a big feast when I came home but I think I would be more hungover if I hadn't. Oh well it's one of my favorite days of the year, sometimes you have to splurge.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:41 PM   #203  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Netball was actually good fun. Despite it being our first game with no practice matches, we actually won ! I remember now why I always used to play GK, I did one quarter as GD and two as GK (with one off because we were rotating), and I barely broke a sweat as GK. My tactics basically consisted of getting in the way, but it seemed to work OK. The tops they gave us to wear drowned me though, they only had one size - "medium" and it's huge. You couldn't actually see that I was wearing shorts...

We're talking about doing rounders next. I like rounders, I even got rounders colours at school, even though I don't remember actually being able to hit or throw the ball, or run. I could catch though. Occasionally.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #204  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Netball I was goal attack. Boy that was a long time ago. Always loved the game.

I bought asparagus today just need a couple more ingredients and I will try that. It looks good.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:38 AM   #205  
Working My Way Back Down

Hi All!

Helen, I have no idea what netball is Is it like volleyball here in the US? If so, I was dreadful at it. And rounders? Inquiring minds and all that....

I know spring is coming - aspargus in the grocery! I bought two bunches on Sunday, and one is gone. Just steamed and eaten - yum. I like the sound of Frus' bread pudding though, so the second bunch may get used that way.

RSG - has your weather cleared up? I saw a clip of the marathon finishers and heard a couple of interviews on NPR. Sounds like a nasty time was had by all.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:43 AM   #206  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

It's more like basketball than volleyball, although you can't run with the ball. Rounders is a bit like baseball/softball.

There was loads of asparagus in Cologne - all the restaurants had special asparagus menus, which we worked our way through with extreme dedication
Old 04-18-2007, 04:00 AM   #207  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Hi Everyone

I've got two left feet and my memories of netball involve being face down on the floor. I used to like rounders, though, for some unaccountable reason lil' ol' uncordinated me used to actually be quite good at hitting that ball with the bat - not so great at the running side of things, though.

I used to HATE hockey (memories of having an ankle X-rayed after my first game) and - worse - that blummin lacrosse game. Only played it once and it was SO vicious. I was never much good at team sports - I much preferred athletics but only the throwing things events. I was very good at discus and javelin.

Its my official Sunday (Wednesdays are the only day that DH and I have off work together) and we're going to a farmers market where - because of this thread - I intend to buy LOADS and LOADS of asparagus. Before we go there we've got to go and view the allotment we're being offered. no horses have been kept there. Piddling - thanks for that information - we'd like to grow veg this year so I've printed off your post and shown it to DH just so he knows what would be involved.

Oh dear... DH is walking the dogs and I just got a text that Ellie has done a runner. Its the first time she's done it with him - now he knows how it feels.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:51 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Good morning to you all

Well its gorgeous out. Don't faint but I'm already showered dressed with straightened hair. I had to go to the GP's this morning for more pills. Mind you I reckon it would take some strong swimmers to fertilize my old eggs!! Anyway the nurse took my blood pressure which was fine and I am going to have some routine bloods taken as well as fasting glucose and lipids to see what my cholestrol is. I told the nurse how heavy I used to be and she was full of praise. Oh I just sat there and basked in it.

I do really have to get cracking on this house. Again there is tons of washing to do those boys of mine get through so much stuff and towels well you've never seen the like. They are as bad as any girl and wrap every part of their body in an individual towel and then throw them on the floor in a wet heap with their boxer shorts nice eh.

Did anyone watch the programme on Monday about the foxes on Cutting Edge
it was just the saddest thing. Even though the feckers have murdered two of my rabbits I still couldn't help but feel sad when this bloke shot this pregnant fox, when the gun went off the boyfriend of the fox started howling and then he came and found the vixen dead the marksman then shot that fox dead too I cried. I am still finding it difficult to get my Kerry into the hutch or the shed at night and I dread that Mr Fox will come back and kill her.

I've had my fried egg sarnie in white bread oooh what a bold girl. That hubby of mine weakened and bought a white loaf for the boys and since I had used the rest of the wholemeal on hubby's sarnies I had to have white.

My parents are fine will see them later today and do some ironing for them. It isn't long now till my father and I go to London to see the Mousetrap at the theatre.

I am going to look at that recipe though that someone posted for cottage cheese lasagne it was either veggie or peacock I cannot remember as I am getting so old.

Have a good day everyone
Michele
Old 04-18-2007, 07:20 AM   #209  
1SwissChick

S/C/G: 330/241/165

FTR, I still have my 3rd form hockey knickers.

Just sayin'.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #210  

And who are you wearing them for JennyJuno????!!
Closed Thread