UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 10:07 AM   #166  

It's very hot. I don't likey.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #167  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Its quite nice over here - sunny but not too hot. The noise of lawn mowers and smell of BBQs is a bit overpowering though! I caught the sun the other day when we went to the beach at Cleethorpes so I'm staying out of it today.

No... I don't like Aero either... much too sweet (but then I don't much like chocolate anyway).

Veggie - taking pollen tablets and eating honey from local bee hives helped keep my daughter's hayfever on a manageable level. Don't ask me why it works, I haven't got a clue - it just did.

I got a phone call from the Allotment people - they want us to go and see an allotment thats becoming available (going to see it on Wednesday) - problem is that it has been used for keeping horses for several years so it will be very difficult to get in to a fit state to grow anything. Anyway... I shall let DH decide....
Old 04-14-2007, 11:12 AM   #168  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Wish it was even near hot over here... I do have SIX daffs though that have been brave enough to pop their heads out and open today They'll prob get blown away with the stormy winds tomorrow though...

My lovely visistors have gone home, left just a little while ago. I had such a good time with my friend, talked non stop and laughed a **** of a lot. her little boy is so sweet, she worried so much about him breaking things, but he didnt touch too much and nothing got broken... we did have a fun evening on Thursday. he projectile vomited all over the place, started off in Hannah's room, got that all clean and sorted plus three loads of washing from where it went all over the bed, and K put him to bed and he started again...bless... she thinks he drank some sour milk in a restaurant we had had lunch in.

He was all better yesterday though and after work, we went out and about, and ended up walking on the beach around six in the evening with the sun shining on our faces, it was lovely.

Now I have my usual loads of washing up the ying-yang to plough through and to make sure everything's staked down in the garden before tomorrow. We won't be going anywhere I don't reckon.

B in a suit hey CG? Take a pic and send please...and watch yourself whith this weather, all those nasty tornado's down in Texas.

Ok, keep this shortish... hello everyone more later.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:14 PM   #169  

I've had a tablet no sneezing and my hands have stopped inching. Thank god.

My head was burning when I went out. Where are the April showers?

I don't think I've ever had honey I keep thinking it's not vegetarian.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

What a gorgeous day it has been. I got very dull and thought oooh what a fantastic drying day. I have been in the garden most of the day reading my book in the shade though. Kerry has been stretched out next to me. I only left the house to visit the bookies once to put my Grand National bet on and another visit to collect my £26.50 winnings.

I am popping round to a friend's this evening for a girlie night where I shall no doubt have a few vodkas. I take mne with cranberry so good for the urinary tract!! I've had some of my Green and Blacks choccy with ginger today oh it is just so gorgeous. I do like aeros too and I am very partial to a dime bar I ate four over the Easter period.

I've never had honey either veggie.

Hello Chris.

Sarah I've always fancied an allotment i'm probably too lazy though to keep it going. I want to have another go at growing my own spuds again this year.
Hope your sleep is restful and peaceful this evening.

Helen did you eat that Aero?

Hubby is laying on the floor its half time Manchester United v Watford he is a huge United fan but he always falls asleep blimey he has only woken up and there was I just about to call him an old goat!!!

Eldest fella is mooching about in between revising youngest fella is staying at his mates tonight. Didn't some girl ring him the other night at 11.00pm Carly she said she was called. My little fella was fast asleep in bed I felt like saying what do you want with my boy but didn't. My little fella is 13, he will 14 in December.

Enjoy your evening everyone

Michele
Old 04-15-2007, 05:24 AM   #171  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello! We can't put curtains or a blind or anything up since we're not allowed to attach anything to the walls But never mind, I moan but I quite like being up and about early. It makes such a change! I will catch up on my sleep today, I had a lie-in till 8am, and after I've been to Waitrose and stuff I will have an afternoon nap and things and be all nice and rested for the week ahead.

It's stupendously hot again today, it was hot in Brighton yesterday and the beach was heaving! We just sat on a bench and watched people go past! Oh and we sat in a cafe and watched people go past, and sat outside a pub and watched people go past... And sat outside a restaurant and watched people go past! We did make it to the shopping centre but I did not buy anything. I am just about skint for the month. I did want to buy a silicone flexible loaf pan but DH didn't want to spend £8 on it. HUFF! It would've been fabby too, but never mind! I said I just wouldn't bake him any banana bread! HA!

Today I'm just going to get the house in order and might do some baking, or prepare some stuff for dinner tomorrow - I've found an asparagus bread pudding recipe that I'm going to try, then all DH has to do tomorrow night is bung it in the oven for when I get home I am trying to wean him into cooking!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:26 AM   #172  
Consistency + Balance

Frus - how annoying not to be able to put up curtains! How about CG's idea of the sleep mask (some of them are rather nice! )

Nope - not hugely hot here - just really comfortably nice. I've been pottering around in the garden sewing some more salad 'n' stuff. Not sure what to do now about planting stuff here until I know whats happening with the allotment.

Frus - My daughter went to Uni in Brighton - lovely place to visit. What is a silicone flexible loaf pan - sounds like something I might have... but I haven't! Asparagus Bread Pud sounds yummy - I asparagus! ... Could you put the recipe on the recipe thread??? Pretty please....

Michele - I've got a line full of washing as well and its drying in no time. I can never get over how two people can create so much washing!

I thought honey was okay on a vegetarian diet - but not okay on a vegan diet. I always thought it was a by product - much like milk, eggs and cheese are???? Its not like your eating dead bees. I've probably got it wrong again. I use honey in just about everything I want sweetened, I much prefer the flavour to sugar - not such a hard edge to it.

I've promised myself to do without any kind of until the end of this Spring Challenge - but I could kill for a vodka and cranberry.... My current mantra is 'its only for seven weeks' 'its only for seven weeks' 'its only for seven weeks'.....

I won't be around much, if at all, for tomorrow and Tuesday (probably not Wednesday either) so could someone else start the daily How Did You Do threads and the Monday Challenge Weigh In one as well.

Its my weekly meat day today.... looking forward to my slow-cooked brisket in red wine and some of Delia's delicious Yorkshire puds (which I'm going to try and cook with almost no fat) - with it I'm cooking some of the mountain of veg I got given by the old boys at work this week... its going to be slightly sci-fi looking ... purple sprouting broccoli and some very strange looking purple carrots.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #173  

It's not hot, not nice, not pleasant here. Were waiting for a big storm, cold and rainy, probably a record breaker. Very sick of this here. The city is packed with marathon people, I feel so bad for the runners.

I have had a lazy weekend which I've loved, today I need to clean my house since I have a friend coming next week and staying here before we go to Montreal.

I'm going to bring my running stuff hopefully I'll get out there at least once or twice.

I have to buy 2 boring items today, yesterday I managed to break my vacuum, it was really on its last legs, and my hair dryer fell into the toilet!!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 08:41 AM   #174  
aka Superwoman!

Yeah we could do sleep masks, but I'd never be able to put it on at 10pm and it still be there in the morning! But waking up and putting one on, I'd never get back to sleep! I do have one though... Somewhere!

Purple carrots sound lovely I will post the sparrow grass bread pud thing after I've made it and given it a thumbs up! I found it on 101 cookbooks blog/site thingy, so it might be quicker to have a surf for it yoursel' I'm just lazy! Hah!

Actually I'm thinking that today I might organise my recipes... However that would involve actually doing something productive rather than lazing around on the balcony! You never know, I might wash up and clear the kitchen and be inspired to clear out my recipe drawer... Stranger things have happened!

I bought my first box of English strawbs this year in Waitrose - £2.99 reduced from £3.99 and there's about 8 in the box! I don't care - I'd kill for strawberries today! I also bought a can of Pimms and lemonade, ready mixed. I don't drink at all really, but I was just fancying champers and strawbs on the balcony since I have the day to myself and I am having a REST day of doing absolutely sweet FA. I am practically having to tie myself to the sofa and lock myself in the house! But it will be good to get some R&R since next week is heavy on the martial arts and weights. But yeah Waitrose didn't have any quarter bottles of champers, so I saw some Pimms and thought I'd give that a go!

I am soooooo P'd off with ParcelForce. Named and shamed I've ordered these trainers weeks ago and they were sent out on 30th March to my work address. They tried to deliver them twice, but then they have been held. I recently got in contact with the supplier and they gave me a tracking number so that's how I know. I arranged for redelivery on Friday and they didn't turn up before 4pm, so I presume they still couldn't find the address! I am SO mad! It's been ages. Do they not have a frikkin Sat Nav in their vans? Actually I just tracked the parcel now and it's still "held". I think I will get it re-directed to my home address, but I won't get any sort of compensation or anything like that from ParcelForce. They are so rubbish I cannot believe it! I can't believe they didn't ring for directions or anything. I bet they've lost the parcel by now anyway and someone is going running in my lovely trainers.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:51 AM   #175  
Consistency + Balance

About Parcel Force (or Parcel Farse as they are better known) we had a delivery scheduled for my boss at work - a Post Office alongside what passes for the only main road here. When it didn't arrive he was told that the driver had been unable to find the address (its the only post office along that road with a blummin great big sign up outside). When he DID finally re-deliver it, he was asked WTF and it turned out that he hadn't delivered it because he had not been able to park directly outside on his first attempt and it was raining - bless - but thats not one of the options for non-delivery so he just picked one at random.

Have fun with your recipes... I wouldn't even begin to want to think about doing that with mine.

OMG, its got hot here this afternoon. I think I'm maybe feeling it because we haven't had a slow lead up to it this time - one minute winter woolies and thermals and next minute shorts, tank tops and sunscreen! The dogs are all flat out on the kitchen floor directly in line with the blow through from the open front lounge window to the back door.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #176  
aka Superwoman!

They are run by the ROYAL MAIL!!!! Surely they should be able to find a POST OFFICE! W*nkers
Old 04-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #177  

I slept funny and now my hip is sore (I need a new mattress). It hurts too much to tie my laces up so I'll probably fall over as well.

Honey is veggie but I don't like the word 'by product' it makes me want to turn vegan.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:32 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello Everyone

Well got home about 2ish this morning what a devil I am sometimes. I didn't drink vodka but had a couple of glasses of Rose and a few slices of pizza!! I was a little tipsy when I got in and stupidly decided I would attempt to put a bit of fake tan on my legs since I knew it was going to be hot today and fancied wearing a dress but my legs are so scarily white. Anyway there is me in the bathroom at gone two this morning smothering my legs. Wakes up this morning and oh sweet divine jesus I am a walking satusama or rather one that isn't quite ripe and is patchy in colour. Bolloxs I thought anyway I brushes my teeth with my eyes still half closed and goes straight to the gym. Gets to the gym and and looked in their mirror god I even scared myself my face was all creased where I must have slept strangely I looked as if I were hideously scarred and I had walked along the street like this to get to the gym!! However I decided to work as hard as I could and I did. Came home and had a croissant with jam and a bit of lurpak and a yoghurt. Got in the bath made myself all fragrant and got myself ready and met my father for a drink. Of course I couldn't wear a dress since my legs look so horrendous will I ever learn. My father was kind of cranky for a while. He is look ing quite good though I have to say.

Came home to find eldest fella asleep and little fella out and hubby asleep also. I made myself a wonderful advocado hummous rocket watercress and spinach sarnie oh and a cheese slice in it too. Ate this in the garden with a cup of tea and finished my book.

I'm just about to make dinner for my family then I am going out for a walk with two friends and Ken.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Michele
Old 04-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #179  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Hot hot hot in Huddersfield too. I had a really good weekend, met up with loads of friends yesterday and stayed up drinking until 4am in the hotel (when I say good, I mean good fun, not necessarily on plan...), then up bright and hangover free this morning. we went to Holmfirth where we went to the farmers market and ate lunch outside at a lovely veggie organic cafe, and then abck into Huddersfield for the match (less said about that the better).

Absolutely fantastic, and a lot of good stories coming out of the night (not least the bloke who fell asleep in a corridor on the wrong floor of the hotel, and the bloke who wore a kilt with nothing underneath it and flashed for charity without realising that the camera had caught his moment of glory).

Also one other interesting thing coming out of the night. This is very very tentative at the moment, because there's a lot of organisation to do, but I might be doing the New York marathon in November. The whole thing was a charity do for the charity I'm vaguely involved in (I'm doing part of a walk from Bradford to Cardiff for them at the end of the month, and I nearly did the great north run with them last year). Anyway, the guy who it was originally set up to help is paralysed from the neck down and has to be on a ventilator all the time. But despite that he doesn't let it stop him doing stuff, and last year he was the first person on a ventilator to do the great north run (or possibly any half mara). Now he wants to go one better and do a full. Now he's made more of a recovery and got himself sorted he wants to raise money for other people in a similar position. But the thing is, even though his wheelchair is electric and doesn't need to be pushed, he still needs support on the way round to clear water bottles, make sure other runners don't bump him etc etc. Anyway, they asked me if I fancied taking part. It's only 2 weeks after Amsterdam which is quite scary, but it would be his race not mine and they'd be lucky to do it under 6 hours, so it's not like I'd be racing two close together. BUT there are still lots of variables, and he hasn't been approved to do the race yet (London won't let him do it there, and even on the day of the race last year the GNR almost stopped him doing it), and even if he's allowed, it's going to be a big job to get him to New York because he needs constant care and even getting him to Huddersfield from where he lives near London took a lot of planning. So, it's a big if, and it might not happen, but if he's going to do it I'd be proud to run with a guy like him, and if I can help him achieve things that people like FLM tell him he can't do, I'd be honoured to do that. Being asked "do you want to run New York" at 3.30am in a bar in Huddersfield possibly isn't the best time to make that sort of decision, but I've thought about it now I'm sober today, and I've decided I'd love to do it, even if it means deciding just to support in Amsterdam.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #180  
aka Superwoman!

Wow, that sounds great!

Although you MUST run Amsterdam Ain't no way I'm doing it on my own! Just kidding of course I guess I'll have to start training when ParcelFarse get the FarseyArse in gear! Otherwise I'll just be supporting too....

I have made myself roast pork for dinner, and enough vegetables to feed the army and the navy combined! I had some spuds to use up since they were sprouting, so I filled my saucepan up to the brim with them and made mash, then my parsnips were going wrinkly, so I added some to the mash and roasted some. I bought a courgette and carrots and brocolli today so I microwaved the and and roasted the courgette, but it wasn't ready in time, so in the fridge I now have 2 huge bowls of leftover mash, a bowl of parsnips, carrots and courgette and some broccoli florets, not to mention 2/3 of the small pork joint! I'll be fine for work dinners for the rest of the week! PLUS I prepared the sparra'grass bread pud so all DH has to do tomorrow is pour the egg and milk on and bake it ready for my return.

Now I'm a bit bored, but I've just started a trashy new book which I will probably finish tonight.

Like Michelle I've done washing today. I can't bring myself to do a 3rd load even though the washing basket is overflowing as ever.

Oh and Helen - if your ventilator guy needs any equipment that he can't buy or doesn't exist, or is having any problems with anything at all, just get in touch. We can sort something out for him, and would be very glad to help. We now have a branch near Huddersfield - Brockholes. Oh wait, you said he lived near London, well that would be us then! So let us know! Anything from umbrella stands to monoskis. www.demand.org.uk
Closed Thread