UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 05:38 AM   #151  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

BIG to Michele - D'you think it could have been the vodka that gave you the weird dream? I always get vivid dreams if I have more than a glass or two of any kind of booze. I don't think you aren't going nuts - I think its stress and heavens knows, if anyone has got the right to suffer from stress, its you!

Helen, well done on entering for the Amsterdam marathon - do you have to wait and see if your allocated a place or is it a sure thing? Good luck with your 3 hour run this evening... I don't know how you do it after a day at work.

Frus, ouch @ your cheekbone. Poor you Baby seat??? Is there something you want to 'share' with us????? Pro Plus is I'm very caffeine sensitive and I took a few tablets of it one time when I was on a first night shift after a week off - BIG MISTAKE - I was awake all the next day as well AND I couldn't stop tiddling.

I'd decided to really go for it on this Spring Challenge - but its only a few days in to it and DH has already managed to lose 4lbs, even though he's still been eating cake 'n' stuff! I've decided that I'm going to cook him different meals from me - he's now down to just over 10st - which is 2 and a half stones down from what he was when I started my diet eighteen months ago.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:06 AM   #152  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Just start spoon-feeding him lard when he's asleep
Old 04-13-2007, 06:31 AM   #153  
Consistency + Balance

There was an item on the Radio 2 news this morning that being fat is mainly down to genetics... no big surprise there then! Interesting article, if only that it gives us another excuse to say when we're asked why we're overweight - now we can say we've got 'two copies of the FTO genome variant' - sounds much better than saying you eat too much and don't move enough.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:45 AM   #154  

I'm jealous of Sarah's husbands weight loss.

Frus I've read that pregnancy dreams mean your coming into some money!!!!

I slept like a brick last night and I had the coolest dream. I dreamt that my Dad needed me to take him to the doc. Doesn't sound very exciting but my Dad died when I was 18. So in my dream we were hanging out together and chatting and then I took him and we came home and had lunch. I think my fondness for Michelle's Dad brought this on. I love the way they choose to hang out together, I do that with my Mom and I would with my Dad if he was still here.

OK too sappy, new topic, last day of school before vacation. I'm one happy girl. Montreal here I come.

Monday I have sox tickets 39 degrees and raining, probably no game, but it's also marathon day here. Supposedly they will not cancel it and it's supposed to be awful. Poor crazy runners. I have a bunch of friends running we'll see if I get out to cheer them on. I probably will, I'll feel bad if nobody is out there, it passes really close to my house.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:59 AM   #155  
aka Superwoman!

Oh goody! I could do with some money!

Sarah - I saw that thing on BBC news. It said something about they're likely to be 6lbs heavier due to genetics and have a greater tendency to obesity so you still eat too much and move too little if you're more than 6lbs "overweight" Conclusive...
Old 04-13-2007, 07:09 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Good morning to you all

Oh I feel so happy today. Coldsores are on their way out. The sun is shining and I've just eaten a fried egg in a bagel oh it was lovely. I'm about to have a yoghurt too since I didn't eat brekkie as I had my hair done at 9am this morning.

Sarah I don't think its vodka that makes me dream its just me. I've always been one for dreaming some incredibly weird some just nice. Did I ever tell you all how I once dreamt I went to a wedding and wasn 't the Pope welcoming people at the door I suppose he was a kind of usher anyway I was two people away from shaking hands with the Pope when that hubby of mine woke me up ohhhhhhhhh I was so mad. Another time I dreamt I was going out with Teddy Sheringham (an English footie player). Redsox your dream sounded lovely its so sad you lost your father so young. I occasionally dream of my brother he always seems so happy and I take comfort from that. I think it's when I sleep on my back that I dream I am really not sure. Last night I was dreaming again.

Sarah I had a look at that link I surely have that variant and the way I've been lately its been fighting with me.

Frus I've also had preggers dreams before, I didn't come into money but did get my first son!!

I am just about to hang my washing out. A friend is popping round later Ken the dog's mum. Ken is doing great by the way he has forgotten the concrete incident but strained his foot the other day.

My mother's blood pressure is still high. I have been trying to persuade her to come out walking with me. She really doesn't like leaving my father.

Right I must get going

Take good care everyone

Michele
Old 04-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #157  

Michele your posts are always of interest.

Vodka just makes me fall over.

Happy Friday the 13th everyone.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:49 PM   #158  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Well just got back from the mall. I'm shattered. My hubby is retiring from the air force and needs new clothes as all he wears are uniforms and jeans. So we went out and got him a suit, shirt and 2 ties. He needs shoes as well. It was funny seeing him all dressed up in a suit. He'll need a bunch of other stuff but that's him started. He just needs to find a job now.

Had lunch at Quizno's one of their salads and I'm so full it came with a flatbread.I'm going to check and see how many points it was at Dottie's. Probably more than I realised.

I could do with a large vodka.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:47 PM   #159  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Ann View Post
Helen, well done on entering for the Amsterdam marathon - do you have to wait and see if your allocated a place or is it a sure thing? Good luck with your 3 hour run this evening... I don't know how you do it after a day at work.
Neither do I, to be honest. I hate long runs after work but sometimes it's the only way of fitting it in so I just grit my teeth and do it. I was a bit optimistic earlier, I ended up "only" doing 2.5 hours (just under 17 miles). Still a long run, but not quite the mileage I was hoping for. Still, at least it's miles in the bag, and I'm planning another medium-long run before work on Monday morning because I have to drop mum off at the station early for a train to the airport, so should have time for about 12 miles.

Speaking of mum, she's over with my grandparents at the moment (which is why I had time to get out for a run), and called the ambulance for my grandfather earlier. She has a tendency to get her moneys worth out of the NHS whereas my grandparents will struggle on on their own. I'm more like them I guess. Anyway, my grandad had a dizzy spell while they're out and because he's so big (height, not just girth), she and my grandmother couldn't get him back to the car so she took the opportunity to get him seen by a doctor. It doesn't seem like it was anything serious as he's been allowed to go home this evening, but I'm still not quite sure whether she's coming back tonight or whether she's staying overnight over there.

Amsterdam is guaranteed entry - first come first served. Last year it didn't reach the limit and you could register on the day, but it seems like pre-registrations are going pretty well this year so I wanted to make sure it doesn't catch me out by filling up earlier!

I've just had a vodka (to rehydrate...) and feel a little ill. I know I won't get much sympathy for this, but I often find it hard to eat enough after a long run. I know I need to replace most of the calories that I burn off, but I've just really struggled to get a bowl of pasta down me. Part of it is that I'm not used to eating so late I think, I was out running until nearly 9pm and didn't eat before like I do before running club, so I'm feeling a bit weak now. I think I'll have a bath and then see if I can stomach a bowl of muesli, fruit and yoghurt before I go to bed. This is actually important, according to my HRM I burned off over 1700 calories on my run, and I don't want to get into calorie deficit as the most important thing to me at the moment is making sure I have enough energy to keep up with a pretty punishing workout schedule.

I saw the genetic link to obesity thing too. The 6lb thing might be significant on the margins where it tips you over into the next category of overweightness, but I'm certainly not going to use it as an excuse for being 110lb overweight. That's nobody's fault except my own.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:54 AM   #160  
aka Superwoman!

I know what you mean about not being able to eat after long runs/strenuous exercise. I never feel hungry after a really hard workout for at least an hour and it can be up to 3 before I want to eat again. Last night I had an hour and a half kickboxing and I was already exhausted from Thurday night. I pushed really really hard and had a great class but I couldn't eat a thing when I got home. I managed a slice of toast with some peanut butter on before I went to bed. Oh and a bit of Easter egg Ya know, Thornton's isn't as nice as I used to think it was!

Well I'm up early because I have trouble sleeping in if it's not dark. Damn no curtains. I woke up at 6am, but managed to half doze off till half 7. We're off to Brighton today, which should be lovely. Temperatures set to be about 23 and I am wondering what to wear. I could wear a lovely dress but I am covered in bruises from my toes to my cheekbone. In fact my arms and legs look like I've been restrained on the ground.... Which is what indeed happened! Stupid wrestling.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:59 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 244/226/144

Height: 5'6

So its my weigh in day today, and after a very bad week last week of only losing a pound, this week i hope ive done better. Ill report back after my weigh in...
Old 04-14-2007, 05:02 AM   #162  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Good luck!

I actually managed a lie in this morning. I'm normally like Frus and I can't get back to sleep if I wake up and it's light, but I was up pretty late last night because I was just about to go to bed when mum got back so I stayed up for a while to talk, so I actually managed to go back to sleep when I woke up at 6, and slept until 9. Bliss!

For some reason she brought back a huge bar of Aero as a "treat". And after all the good work I thought I'd done in the chocolate museum showing her how much better the 70% stuff is...
Old 04-14-2007, 05:22 AM   #163  
Consistency + Balance

Vodka's weird for me - I have to drink loads of it to feel in the slightest bit tiddly then one more slurp and I'm falling over drunk. Strange.

RSG - Have a lovely weekend! I'm jealous of my husband's weight loss too - he seems to do it effortlessly. So not fair! I've tried to get him to write down exactly what he eats each day so I can try and work out how he does it - but he can't be bothered. What a lovely, lovely dream about your father - my Dad died when I was 10 and I have very few memories of him - I'd love a dream like yours.

Frus - I know this is going to sound obviously... but have you thought about investing in a pair of curtains or a blind????? I was awake with the first light as well - but I don't mind - gives me a chance to get out and about before the numpties with their weekend doggy walkies. (The ones who get hysterical when another dog or three merely sniffs their furry baby.)

Sunny????? I wish! Still all cool and misty here - I was walking in thick fog at 6am - when I got back I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I looked like I'd just got out of a shower fully clothed. that the sun burns off the mist - it didn't really quite manage it yesterday.

Michele - So glad you're feeling better I think 'Ken' is a great name for a dog - every time I see one of your posts where you mention him I think that I must call my next dog Ken. I don't dream very often - well... if I do then I don't remember them - but when I do dream they are always very sad. I woke myself up crying again last week.

Helen.... I hope your Grandfather is feeling better - well done to your Mum for insisting he got checked out by a doctor. I the idea of drinking vodka to re-hydrate. I wonder why exercise kills the urge to eat - I'm the same - I'm trying to remember to eat every 2-3 hours and I'm finding it really hard to work out when I should exercise ... if I eat less than 2 hours before exercising I feel and/or get bad heartburn but after exercise I don't feel much like eating for at least an hour... My morning walk is okay - I have a dollop of yoghurt with some berries before I go out and my proper breakfast about an hour after I get back.

Shame about Prince William and Kate Middleton breaking up - must admit I wouldn't much like to live my life in the media spotlight like she has.

CG - You are a brave woman - I seriously HATE clothes shopping for my DH. BTW, what's Dotties?

This ignoring the scales thing that I'm doing (both bathroom AND kitchen) is starting to freak me out a bit
Old 04-14-2007, 09:28 AM   #164  

HOT HOT HOT too hot and I'm sneezing like mad with hayfever.

I only realise I'm drunk with vodka when I stand up and that's when I fall over. I try not to drink it. My sister never drinks it and went out last summer to an outdoor event with friends who do, they took vodka she came home and couldn't stand, that was pleasant. The friends were both fairly sober.

Vodka is bad vodka is bad vodka is bad.

Old 04-14-2007, 09:55 AM   #165  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Veggie are you hot or is the weather hot?

It's pissing down rain here, really raw outside. There's a huge storm moving across the US this weekend and we're getting a lot of rain. Chris and RSG stay dry and safe watch out for the winds. Looks like you will get the worst of it.

Sarah Dotties is a web site that lists restaurants.

I enjoy vodka don't drink it now, I usually get a miniature in my christmas stocking. It tends to make me depressed. I get all sad and think about home. Maybe that's just the booze in general acting on the cns.

Frus if you can't get curtains get one of those eye thingy's that you wear.

Helen an aero is a treat. I found some of those aero bites last month they were minty and I enjoyed every one of them

I think this will be a cleaning day as the weather is so yucky and my house needs cleaning.

Last edited by Clydegirl; 04-14-2007 at 10:03 AM.
Closed Thread