UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 04:28 AM   #121  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Morning!

They sell Guinness Marmite in Tesco in this area - I've seen it in the Grimsby, Goole and Doncaster stores. I didn't get any cos the only way I can eat Marmite is with hot toast, dripping with butter.

Well.... I'm getting used to my new no meat, wine or cheese in the working week plan. Its working out to about 1300 cals but because so much of that is made up of fruit and veg I feel full up most of the time - the only problem is that its costing a fortune because I'm one of those than like a lot of variety in my food.

Oh, bother, time to go to work again - they've all just got over their flu/tummy bugs and now they're all dropping like flies with sore throats and swollen glands. I'm the only one (touch wood) who hasn't had time off ill yet. I know why, its because I'm a bit freaky about washing my hands a lot. I keep remembering a phrase from some TV programme or other that I watched 'handling money is handling bugs'. Urghhh.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:34 AM   #122  

yup money is disgusting!.... one of the dirtiest thigs you can handle.... mmm
and the % of note contained cocaine was also massive,.... (No licking the notes now to check haha!)
Old 03-14-2007, 04:42 AM   #123  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

Lou - doesn't matter when you post it since I have a nice man on the front desk in the flats that will sign for it

Well yesterday was fun. I did my private lesson, then I did the usual class and today I don't feel that sore or tired I'm planning on gymming tonight. I think this lunchtime will be a write-off. I've got more student interviews.

I've just bought some prawns to put in a pitta bread at lunch. I've got some turkey steaks for tea and I'm going to roast some green beans. Apparently you just shove them in the oven and spray with a bit of fry light and wait till they're crispy. Sounds nice!

I've just had my brekky, it's really odd not eating at 7am at the moment, but I think I might be getting back to normal. I think I still have some Chinese lingering in my tum!
Old 03-14-2007, 04:55 AM   #124  

Frus- ooo get u !.... tis a bit posh! ok will post on my way to work 2day.... (better make sure he doesnt eat it!!!)

attempting to get tickets for Groove Armarda.... then i wil go to work lol....
lots to do today.....
Old 03-14-2007, 05:04 AM   #125  

wwwoooooooooooooooo booked... one pressie sorted 4 jens 30th!!!

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 03-14-2007, 07:23 AM   #126  

So now we know. 2 frus has a nice man on the front desk!! Ooh er missus! All this talk of Guiness marmite or was it marmite guiness has left her frisky!

Sarah Ann - I know Waller Road well - my Brother (the one who lodged in Jerningham Rd) ended up married to his friend (now my sister in law) who rented in Waller Road!

Miche - I think you and Dad could perhaps have a drink of Guinness (with or without marmite!) at your brother's graveside - that might be quite nice! Interesting how you mum is blocking it out but your Dad is fairly ok at remembering. Mind you your mum di d give birth to him and we know she has her own demons. Everyone feels things differently I guess.

I am about to weigh myself and not looking forward to it. I am still 'on' - 3rd week and it is exhausting! I also ate 2 easter eggs meant for a friend's kids (I have replaced them and given them to a friend of a freind to give to the kids. I NEEDED chocolate!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #127  
Consistency + Balance

Me and my big mouth! I've now got a sore throat... just hope it doesn't lead to anything.

Lou.... it was the amount of fecal matter that was found on bank notes that made me feel a bit - same as in dishes of peanuts in pubs and bars.... gross!

I had to come home early - when I agreed to work all day I'd forgotten that I'd got my Sainsbury order being delivered between 12 and 1. I don't think my boss is too happy with me - but I wasn't scheduled to work today when I booked the delivery.

DH asked me if I wanted to go and see George Michael if he could get tickets (for my birthday) but it was fully booked.... so he got tickets for us to go and see Elton John instead! You'd think he'd know by now that I don't like Elton John
Old 03-14-2007, 10:00 AM   #128  
Consistency + Balance

Peacock - it really is a small world. I'm so glad I moved away, I don't think I could cope with living in London any more - life is so much slower in my sleepy little Yorkshire village.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #129  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Sarah - you could've offered to go back after Mr Sainsbury had been...

Well the students have been and gone and chosen. We have chosen a mildly hyperactive young thing, but I bet she'll be completely and utterly chuffed to bits.

I just had prawns in a pitta bread for lunch, it was rather yummy. I also bought some Nestle Heaven chocolate since they'd been pushing it in Tesco for a while and I was weak this morning. REALLY don't bother! I expected it to be better than Lindt balls, you'd think from the packaging that they were going to be really luxurious but they were pretty rubbish and boring. I'd rather have a Lindt ball!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:46 PM   #130  

Oh Sarah Ann - Elton John - how awful for you - can he not get a refund and can you not get a refund for your hubby ???!!!! I cannot stand Elton John and only quite like 2 of his songs.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:55 PM   #131  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Sarah / Peacock Elton John is fantastic in concert. He puts on a great show I'm sure you'll have a good time.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #132  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Well this morning I cleaned out my closet. I have 2 bags of clothes for goodwill. There is so much stuff that doesn't fit me. Nobody to blame but myself. I tried everything on and did not like what I saw. So then I went out and bought 3 t-shirts as all my other ones are tight.

Note to self get back with the program you know what to do.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #133  

haha... i was going to put on the addy Frus " LOVES IT" hehe.. thought that would make the mice man blush & neighbours talk ... ;0)...

I HAVENT.. btw!.. lol.. if u were gettin worried Frus...

should get it fri .. i think... but hey u know our post!....

went & saw the physio lady @ work ... i now have tape on my back.. that pulls wen i sit funny.. or not how i should.. its a bit itchy lol but ok....
seeing her again on Fri... and Monday !!!!!....

right better get tea on... hotpot (one i made earlier - so just heat up job!..)
Old 03-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #134  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I did a long run tonight with running club - just over 12.5 miles. I had to laugh at the start, one of the girls doing marathon training wanted to do the long one but is a bit slower than most of the group I run with. The organiser bloke said that there were four of us doing the long run and she said "but they're four fast ones"

Other than that I'm trying to pack for Wales at the weekend. White water rafting here I come

I have to say, I'm not a marmite lover. Or guinness come to that, so I don't think I'll be getting myself a jar.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:23 PM   #135  

I had my first Guiness a week ago, and I've been to Ireland 5 times. I really like Harp so that is what I drink when I go over there. Anyway the Guiness promotion people were in one of the bars and gave me a free one, it was OK, next time I go to Ireland I'll try one, I'm sure it's much better over there.

My legs are KILLING ME from bootcamp. This class is ridiculous, sweat pouring off you. Bad news instructor told me she is moving in 6 months I really love her classes. I go to the gym miles away for her instead of the one across the street from my house. Hopefully I can find someone comparable.

In the 70's today....the weather here is so strange, today was awesome, supposed to be in the 30's over the weekend???

Oh well, hopefully spring is coming. Have a great night all.
Closed Thread