UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 08:36 AM   #16  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Gah. You know when people just wind you up? I'm going to the rugby after work tonight so I tend to have a proper meal at lunchtime and then take a snack type meal for the match rather than buying fast food there. Anyway, I had aduki bean shepherds pie and a huge bag of cabbage/leek/spring green mixture (60 cals in the whole bag!) to go with it. I was cooking it in the microwave at work and the cabbage mixture was done first so I took it out of the microwave while I waited for the shepherds pie to finish. At which point a partner walks in and asks me what's in the bag, so I said cabbage and stuff. She says to me in an accusatory way "you're not on a cabbage diet are you?" as though I'm being really stupid to do something like that.

That did wind me up. Firstly, I'm not that stupid. I've got a 20 mile run planned for tomorrow for a start, and on any day the chance of me getting through the afternoon on a 60 calorie bag of cabbage is slim to say the least. And second, even if I am, don't I get any credit for the fact that I've lost 100lb and maintained that for almost a year, so I obviously know my own body fairly well. So even if I did decide to go on a cabbage diet as a quick detox or something, surely by now I'm old enough and wise enough to make my own decisions without having people like her being snooty about what I eat.

Anyway, the shepherds pie finshed cooking and I'm now nicely stuffed. Cabbage diet indeed, hasn't she seen what I normally manage to get through in a day?!
Old 03-02-2007, 08:53 AM   #17  

Never mind her - some people are always nosey. It sounded delish! I actually mananged more solids myself today - I just had mashed tattie, beans and peas as I did not really fancy anything else
Old 03-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #18  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

DUH! She probably said it because you're so skinny that you MUST be doing something SILLY like a cabbage diet to keep the weight off for so long!

Wanna borrow my pink gloves??? I'm gonna put a bloody horseshoe in them for next week

I haven't even had lunch yet.... I am not hungry since Lee gave me a headache all morning since he's sold my private lesson slot to someone else!!! But it's ok, I rang him again and it's sorted. Meh. I still don't feel hungry though!
Old 03-02-2007, 01:34 PM   #19  

Im having a great day, over 4 yrs ive tried to diet and this time seems the best one, and its because of you guys, knowing that im not the only one out there dealin with weight issues really pushes me to do my best, so wanna thank u all, i think it might actually work this time
Old 03-02-2007, 02:19 PM   #20  

Say hi to Kyk for me... I'm too late right?

She needs to come back I miss her.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:35 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Good morning to you all.

Ooooh yes what a nosey parker that partner is Helen she is probably just jealous some women can be funny buggers.

Claire well done your doing great.

Peacock I never go off my food. The only time it happened to me was when I was pregnant. Hope your feeling better.

I've just had the biggest breakfast in the world. Two croissants with some lurpak on and jam annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd a toasted muffin with a poached egg in the middle with a cheese slice. What a piggy I am, and do you know I don't even feel full!!!

When I was a baby I had this thing called pyloric stenosis basically its not being able to keep anything down and doing lots and lots of projectile vomiting nice eh. Anyway I wasn't diagnosed with this until I was three months old I was very weak and probably wouldn't have lasted much longer fortunately I was able to absorb a small bit of my mothers breast milk. Where is this leading to I hear you ask. Well after I had an operation to fix me which left me with a rather lovely scar this was the days before keyhole surgery. My parents were just thrilled that I could drink again they said I drank milk like there was no tomorrow in fact they said they loved to see me guzzling. So I think it was at this point I lost my little off switch that told me stop you've had enough. Sounds a bit weird but I think there is some bit of truth in it.

It's a grey old day here in Herts the big fella has got a school footie match which he was gutted about as he had intended laying in as he is not due back on his paper round until tomorrow. The little fella has stayed at his mate's house so its all quiet here. I should get stuck into that washing pile.

Blimey don't I go on
Take care everyone

Michele
Old 03-03-2007, 05:33 AM   #22  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

2Fru sorry that Dipsh*t gave you such a hard time. Michele summed him up nicely I thought Sounds like a man having a really hard time dealing with you being better than him.

Helen little is guaranteed to p*ss me off more than someone commenting on what I'm eating.

My friend has just dragged me out swimming. Doughnut, queen of Saturday morning lie ins, has just spent the last hour and a half (more if you include how long it took to get there and back) in a pool! I thought I was going to die at one point - I haven't been swimming since .....um, I don't remember. I'll have to fess up to the fact that I spent considerably more time floating than swimming but all the same I did it. The worst bit was the changing rooms to poolside bit. Sigh.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:34 AM   #23  

Doughnot thats great..good for you!!!

It's back to the gym today, I've taken almost a week off!!! I took 2 walks this week but that is it. I feel a million times better and my weight is down a pound???? Oh well I'll take it.

Today step and then my weight class. I'm going to walk a lot too it's finally nice out.

Big night out with the ladies tonight but I may take a pass, I feel like if I start throwing the drinks back I'll resurrect this cold. May be a movie night for me.

Chris I hope you're enjoying the weather today, should be nice down there. We have earned it!!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:23 AM   #24  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

I'm tired! I managed my 20 mile run this morning, and now I just want to curl up with the remote control, a book, and supplies for the rest of the day so I don't need to move. In fact, I might do just that

I did a route I tried before Berlin but this time I actually RAN ALL THE WAY! It's really easy running, I get the train to a town about 20 miles away, the first mile is from the station to the canal and from there it's off road along the towpath all the way back to the gym for a shower, there's only one road to cross and the surface is a lot better than pavements. Plus the direction I run it, all the locks go down so the first mile is the only bit that's uphill.

I've had some lunch now, so I think it's time for a snooze.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #25  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon ladies,

We'll I've had a lazy morning yapping on the phone with Mum...but I've started to move now, I've got washing up the wazoo, and the hoover needs to run around and do it's thing, shame I have to be vbehind it...I used to love hoovering, but with these horrible wood floors I don't. I think I need a Roomba

I've got some washing on the line...RSG, it's lovely down here, warm and sunny...not quite tee shirt weather, but lovely to be out in...I plan a lovely long walk in the woods with pen and Lew later on. Better enjoy it while it lasts, the cold front is moving back in again in the week...roll on Spring..and hurry up about it I say.

Helen, you run sounds fab...for you Know I could never do it, I think if I got 20 miles away from home without transport, I'd sit on a curb and cry. Enjoy your restful afternoon, you def deserve it....how was Kylie?

Ok, best go and drag the bloody hoover out....

Hello everyone else... hope you're all having a good day.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #26  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

It wasn't me seeing Kylie, it was Jen
Old 03-03-2007, 06:31 PM   #27  

I'm back, I did step, then a muscle class today. Then I left my house at 12:30 to meet my SIL and we walked non-stop until 6:00 PM.

I'm about to take a hot bath and put my movie in, tomorrow I'm running, maybe only 30-40 minutes, but I'm ready to move again.

Chris I can't believe it's going to be so cold again next week, I'm getting very irritated

I miss Sarah and her stories, I hope she is having fun.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #28  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YP1 View Post
It wasn't me seeing Kylie, it was Jen
Of course it was... duh! I'm a twit.

RSG, that sounds like a lot of walking, but it was so lovely out today. I had a lovely walk with Pen, Lew and Dave in the spooky woods...remind me of Blair Witch project woods...we walked the trail by the bay which was an hour, poor Pen is showing her age and was knackered when we got home and slept soundly for two hours.

I've had sad news this week, a friends step Father died this week, he had a nasty type of stomach cancer and lost his battle on Weds night, he was under hospice care and had been put on morphine, so went in his sleep and peacefully. He'll be very missed, he was a lovely bloke.

Then last night I was told that one of my students back in AZ had drowned in a neighbours pool...he was only four, autistic and the cutest kid you could ever find. He didn't stand a chance, he escaped from his house, climbed two six foot walls and the pool that he was found in, didn't have a pool fence and also the house wasn't being lived in. He was missing for an hour and a half before the police found him, it is just too too sad He had come so far with being in the right classroom surroundings and it seems such a waste of life when this happens.

Ok, I'm wallowing and don't want to make everyone's weekend horrible...see you all tomorrow.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:01 AM   #29  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Why did I think cross country would be a good way to recover from my 20 miler?! It was the hardest course of the series apparently, and I really need to get some trail shoes next winter, I was slipping all over the place. Still, that gave me an excuse to take it a bit easy as I had to walk some of the hills because I couldn't get any grip. I still finished 3rd for my club though which is the highest I've ever finished, and the race finished just before the rain set in.

I need a bath once I've eaten, I'm covered with mud, then a bottle of wine, the papers and some warm slippers are calling my name.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Your not wallowing Chris that is just the saddest thing. I am so sorry.
Take care my friend.

Michele
Closed Thread