Old 01-09-2007, 08:15 PM   #241  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

QUICK NOTE...I MIGHT BE LOSING MY JOB. LOOKS LIKE MY ENTIRE LIFE IS GOING TO CHANGE. DON'T THINK ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS DILEMMA. WHEN I GET ALL THE FACTS I'LL HAVE TO SEND E-MAILS. IT'S TOO DELICATE A SUBJECT FOR THIS PUBLIC FORUM. AS SHAKY AS THEY WERE, MY FINANCES JUST WENT DOWN THE DRAIN.
HAPPY NEW YEAR MEL!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:55 AM   #242  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh Dear Mel!
I'm about to print out your e-mail and I will be back with any ideas, assumptions and stupidity that I can come up with between now and then. Always a risk dealing with Govt Departments. They are bound to run programmes like that. Eek. Now I understand the financial stress bit in your last post.
Fawlty Towers is apparently not the worst building in town. I was talking to a man this morning who described worse than I've got.

Good day here today although bl**dy hot again and humid. I went to the gym for my 45min session this morning and was a dripping ball of flab by the end of my time. Life's like that in the tropics. Having no aircon meant not much sleep either. Yuk. Tonight I will go buy myself a fan for the bedroom. Just moving the air around helps. I finally got my key to the door yesterday and surprise, surprise it works. I was quite expecting it not to.

Ceejay - No prod today, feel better soon so you can come out and play. At least you checked in and told us you were still around.

Holly - nice to hear you sounding up beat and with it. Somedays truly are diamonds. Treasure this time.

Happy, sounds like you are giving it a real push this week. It always bugs me when I try so hard and nothing gives. A right PIA. But let's keep it up and see what comes around next week. It's got to give somehow, somewhere, someday.

Meadow - not the revenge of the Chocolate storm. If there is one thing I am grateful for in this world it is that I don't really like chocolate. Gotta have one thing going for me!!

Now it is time to go home. I'll catch you all in the morning.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 08:23 AM   #243  
Happy September

SHAD IF YOU FIND YOURSELF WITH IDEAS SEND THEM VIA EMAIL. I AM NOT DISCUSSING IT HERE. THANKS

I WOKE AND MY EYE NOW HAS A CYST ON IT. I WILL BE BACK OVER THE WEEKEND I HOPE. SO THAT NO ONE WORRIES...THIS WHOLE MESS MIGHT BE A COMPLETE BLESSING IN DISGUISE. I AM DEFINITELY STARTING TO WARM UP TO THE IDEA OF A COMPLETE RETIREMENT. WE'LL SEE. LOVE TO ALL AND STAY WELL. I SHALL RETURN.
SINCERELY YOURS MRS MAC ARTHUR
Old 01-10-2007, 12:20 PM   #244  

(((mel))) crappy!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #245  

Mel, so sorry to hear about your mess. I do hope it does turn out to be a blessing in disguise - you really don't need extra stress in your life. Maybe you can sue and get enough to retire in Aus - you could go there and catsit for Shad whenever she's away. A whole new career! Anyway, I don't mean to be flip about it. Keep us up to date on any progress or happy news.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #246  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Ok Mel honey. I'm not sure if that's good news (less stress you don't need) or bad news (big hit in the financial belly). I am sick of the corporate world myself and I will stand by you however is necessary. Let's just hook up (here comes the pun) and sell our bodies. Hey big boy... you wanna give it a go? eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Nebermind... what about if I strap on some skates and we give chair rides across the bridge?

Hope I at least brought a smile to your face. You know I am there for you eastern sister.

Oh and not to change the subject but I did want to ask you before I just kept forgetting. The other day when you had the windows (or should I say windurs) open during the nice weather - did you smell the big stink from across the river? Started in NY but heard it carried over to Joisey. Maybe that's what was making your eyes tear.

We HAVE to talk this weekend. Ok? I will say prayers, cross fingers, light incense, invoke whatever karma I can to see you through this. Keep the faith sister.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:40 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel--(((((hugs))) )Hope it wroks out for the best.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 04:45 PM   #248  
Smackin' into a Wall

{{{Mel}}}

What's that old saying about when a door closes somewhere a window opens. Is this your window? Hope everything works out and doesn't cause too much stress!!
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:14 PM   #249  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Well the day brings no ideas - banal or otherwise. Mel I will e-mail you today or tomorrow and organise a time to speak. It's just not right.
In Aus - there is a window of opportunity for pensioners to earn a small amount of money per week or fortnight, I have no idea anymore how much it is - something like $120 I think. After that the pension is reduced. Mind you if you don't declare it and they find out they extract their pound of flesh. And usually they don't find out until some years have passed. Anyway we will speak my north eastern friend

Nothing much else to report here. I bought a fan last night. The worst two rooms in the flat are my bedroom and the study because there is no through flow ventilation. Hence the fan - movement of the air is great for sleeping.

Gotta go before the Asian invasion catches up with me this morning.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 08:46 AM   #250  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning everyone,

Mel I will have to put on my thinking cap. The little bit of extra income Shad speaks of - I know that to be true when you're collecting unemployement compensation, not sure if it applies in your case. There has to be another way as everyone says. Sometimes you don't see it because you were busy focused on something else.

Sorry to hear about the cyst. Hope the body won't revolt because of the extra stress.

Nothing much to report here. Had book club last night - a small group - only 3 of us. But we had a nice time. I'm getting to know these ladies better and we had a great conversation and a nice evening. Have to drum up some more people tho.

So you finally bought a fan, did you Shad? Don't know how you could have slept without a fan or a/c. Whew, I would have had to sleep in the cool bathtub or on the tile floor! I'm not happy with either extreme or warm or cold. Hopefully you can get a better rest now.

Guess I have to stir up some trouble today so I can come back and have something to talk about. Later chicks. Be good.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 11:07 AM   #251  

Going to the doctor today for the results of the biopsy done on the 3rd.

More later.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #252  
Radiate self!

fingers crossed :fingerscrossed: for you Ceejay

Nothing new here, just trying to avoid another chocolate drenching, seems the shortbread clouds are gathering as well

Shad-you sure that A/C unit can't fly? Would probably look real good in the middle of the car park Glad you have a fan now, I can see you doing your Marilyn Monroe impression in front of the ice box

Happy-had anyone read the book? Nice that you are getting some new acquaintances to chat with.

Mel- :

Chicks of the world grab hold
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 06:20 PM   #253  
Happy September

EVERYONE IS USING CATS FOR AVATARS SO I WENT OUT AND "ADOPTED" A PAIR OF THEM!!!
SPENT THE LAST FEW DAYS WAITING FOR "PEOPLE" IN THE OFFICE. AN ACCOUNTANT FRIEND HAS FOUND AN OLD LOOPHOLE. THE PROBLEM IS THE PARTICULAR PROGRAM I AM ON IS IRON CLAD IN THEIR RULES. THERE ARE NO LOOPHOLES IN THIS PROGRAM. SO WE NEEDED TO LOOK ELSEWHERE. ONCE THE ACCT REALIZED THIS HE WENT IN SEARCH. WE WILL ATTEMPT TO PASS A RESOLUTION ON THE 22ND AND SEE IF THE STATE AGREES. NOTHING ELSE IS AVAILABLE. IF ALL GOES WELL, THEN BY THE END OF THE MONTH THINGS SHOULD BE SETTLED. SOME WANTED TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH BUT ONE OF THE HEADS WANTS THIS SETTLED NOW. THANK GOD HE RULES THE ROOST....SO TO SPEAK. ANYWAY YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW GRATEFUL I AM THAT THERE WILL BE AN ANSWER OF SOME KIND BEFORE JAN ENDS AND THE GOOD NEWS IS HE AGREES THAT THE WORK LOAD NEEDS TO BE CUT BY LIKE 90%. HE SAID I WAS AMAZINGLY CALM....I LAUGHED!!! IN FRONT OF HIM YES.
BUT HE TOLD ME I LOOKED TERRIBLE AND LEAVE THE REST OF IT TO HIM AND THE ACCT. I CAN DO THAT!!!
FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 5 DAYS I FEEL I CAN BREATHE. I CRIED SO MUCH THAT MORNING UP HERE THAT THE CYST BROKE!! SO SOMETHING GOOD CAME OUT OF THE TEARS. THE MEN NOW ARE ALMOST ALL IN TEARS AND CANNOT WAIT TILL IT'S OVER ONE WAY OR THE OTHER. POOR GUYS CAN'T TAKE THE STRAIN!
I WILL READ OVER THE WEEKEND AND CATCH UP WITH EVERYONE. I DID SEE HAPPY & CEEJAY ABOVE ME AND SEND WARM HUGS FOR A GOOD DOCTOR'S REPORT!!! I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU
WE HAVE A 3 DAY WEEKEND AND I CAN USE IT!!!
LOVEYA, MEL

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-11-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #254  

Had a good doctors visit today. Biopsy showed nothing and showed me three diverticuli and a "scratched" colon. He told me I was getting older and to eat a high fiber diet for the rest of my life time.

Meadow--I've had your chocolate for the day. Your turn tomorrow. he he
Old 01-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #255  

Hi miss Mel--Hope things work out for the best.