Old 01-03-2007, 09:07 AM   #211  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SHAD~ HOPE THE BLOODWORK GOES WELL AND GLAD TO HEAR THE FACE IS OK TOO. LITTLE SPOTS GET TO BE A WORRY. ONE ON MY BACK LAST YEAR WAS THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING CANCEROUS AND THEY FROZE IT OFF.....ICE BURN. NEVER CAME BACK. HAVE A GOOD DINNER WITH THE DS2! JEN WILL BE 39!!!
HOPE THE PC GETS STRAIGHTENED OUT. I HATE PC PROBLEMS!!!! ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEK OFF

HAPPY~ TAKEN TO SNEAKING IN HERE NOW ARE WE?? WAY TO GO ON THE WEIGHTLOSS!
GOOD FOR YOU!! I GOT ON THE SCALE AND FOUND 2 OF YOUR POUNDS ON ME!!! DON'T YOU HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS??? I AM GLAD YOU AND DH WILL HAVE MORE TIME TOGETHER. ESPECIALLY IN THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR. LESS STRESS. YOU'RE RIGHT AND YOU CAN ALWAYS GO BACK AND REJOIN. GOOD DECISION!NOT THAT YOU NEEDED MY 2 CENTS BTW...EVERY DAY YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR WORK YOU CAN SAY TO YOURSELF....THIS IS FOR MEL!!! OF COURSE THERE WILL BE DAYS EARLY IN THE MORNING WHEN YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF SAYING ....WTF, SCREW MEL!!

CEEJAY~THINKING OF YOU ANS SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS. HOW GOES THE JOB?? LAST NIGHT I REJOINED LINDAT ON HER EXERCISE THREAD. GIVE MYSELF MORE INCENTIVE TO STAY ACTIVE THIS YEAR. YOUR LITTLE BIKE MAN HELPS TOO!!

HOLLY~ AM SAD TO HEAR ABOUT THE FRIENDS DAD. THE 2 FUNERALS HERE ARE OVER AND THE EMPTY APARTMENTS SEEM SO LONELY. THIS WEATHER IS BOTHERING EVERYONE I KNOW!!! HANG IN THERE......MAYBE ONE DAY IT REALLY WILL BE WINTER!! I'VE BEEN LIVING ON DAYQUIL! hOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON.

ONE OF OUR BUSES IS BACK BUT IT'S NOT WILLY'S. HOPEFULLY HIS WILL RETURN EITHER LATER ON TODAY OR TOMORROW AND I CAN GO FOOD SHOPPING AND GET OUT A BIT BY MYSELF!!! THE DAY IS ALREADY GETTING AWAY FROM ME. LATELY I HAVE BEEN SLEEPING AND EXTRA HOUR. I USUALLY SLEEP 7 HRS BUT NOW IT'S 8 AND SOMETIMES A BIT MORE. MUST BE WINTER HIBERNATION. I JOINED LINDAT ON HER SONOMA EXERCISE THREAD. I NEED SOME BETTER ACCOUNTABILITY. ALSO IF I KEEP IT MORE REGULAR AND SIMPLE THERE SJHOULDN'T BE ANY ACHES AND PAINS.
REGULARITY IN ALL THINGS FOR 2007 THAT'S THE MAIN GOAL.
THE WEATHER IS SO DAMN MILD I HAD THE WINDOW OPEN A TAD AND WOKE UP CHOKING ON SOME GOD FORSAKEN SMELL. MUST HAVE BEEN A FIRE OR SOMETHING SOMEWHERE. THEY STILL HAVE INCINERATOR BURNINGS ON CERTAIN NIGHTS AND I THING TUESDAY IS STILL ONE OF THEM. I MUST REMEMBER THAT AND CLOSE THE WINDOW
BETT GET ME ARSE IN GEAR AND MAYBE GO FOR A SHORT RIDE. LOOKS OK SO FAR TODAY. SHAD WAS RIGHT....POOR BETTY FORD. WE HAVE BEEN WATCHING BITS AND PIECES OF THE WHOLE PROCEEDING AND I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE IS COPING WITH ALL THE LONG WINDED BULLCRAP. IF I WERE HER I'D NEED TO BE SEDATED!! IT WILL ALL BE OVER SOON. I DO FIND THAT THIS PROCESS IS MUCH TO LONG AND MUST ALSO BE A TERRIBLE STRAIN FOR THE FAMILY. ANOTHER THING IS I AM PISSED AT BUSH AND HIS WIFE. NO MATTER WHAT GERALD FORD HAD SAID, THE BUSHS' SHOULD HAVE BEEN BACK IN WASHINGTON FROM DAY ONE. I AM OUTRAGED THEY COULD EVEN STAY AWAY IN GOOD CONSCIENCE. THEY JUST HAVE NO CLASS WHATSOEVER. WE TREAT OUR SENIORS BETTER THAN HE TREATED THE FORD FAMILY. OK RANT IS OVER. BETTER GET ON WITH THE DAY
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #212  
Smackin' into a Wall

So the illness has progressed to the point where I broke down and went to the walk-in clinic. You know it is bad when I am actually excited about having antibiotics to take. Anything to make this thing just go away. I am frustrated because until I feel better I can't go to the gym... I went Tuesday and it made me all woozy. It's so hard to sit back and let myself heal when I want to just push through it all. Darn limitations! Darn them.

Ceejay~ Good luck with the colonoscopy. Hope they manage to help you out.

Holly~ I'm sorry about your bad news. Total bummer indeed. I agree with happy that we should use it as a reminder to make sure we appreciate the time we are given. You are doing so well with your weight loss. Good work... Oh Friendly is so sweet.

Shad~ I've never seen or heard of a kumato. I was thinking it might be a blend of a tomato and a kumquat or something – but your explanation sounds better. How brave of you to try something new. I think 10% is a really good goal. I was just reading an article in a magazine that dropping 10% of your weight can lead to a huge reduction in the risk of certain cancers and other health risks. And it is an achievable goal too. I'm glad your face thingie is taken care of. Not something to be careless with, is skin.

Happy~ Good for you for walking away from the homeowners association and you are quite right, you can always go back. And here's to focusing on you in 2007. Way to go on your progress so far too. I actually can't taste the difference between 2% and 1% milk so I figure might as well go with the lower fat.

Mel~ I love your new avatar. Geez, Mel, maybe you should get the prod out for the bus repair people. Regularity is a good watch word for the year. I felt so sorry for Mrs. Ford too. Did you see the huge line of people in Michigan all filing by to pay their respects? That was so impressive.

OK, I am coughing and it hurts again. The Dr. also gave me some serious weight codeine cough medicine so hopefully I can actually sleep through the night tonight. My goal, in keeping wit everyone else's goals I am going to borrow from wwpeggy from the journals and that is to weigh less on Dec 31 2007 than i do today. If you haven't had a chance to read her journal entry from Dec 31st you should. It's very inspirational.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #213  

Spent much of the last week in meditation, prayer and thought about what I want from this next portion of my life.
Have a bit of a plan. Just not going to wait for hubby to step up. Things are moderate with us.
Been thinking on getting a fulltime job...away from home......not really my thing but there are some pros. Like benefits, enough money to live off of and for the kids to have music lessons and sports,financial security for myself........ Perused the paper. I know, I know… very conformist and crazy of me. Almost like living inside the box.Couple of management jobs. One reception job. I do like being with people. Part time would be okay too. I may go see about one job tomorrow. Need to dig out and dust off my resume and see what’s on it. Haven’t used one for 16 years. Been self employed all this time..........I like the Organizing job but really only getting one day a week, need 2-3. Also talked with my own hairdresser who has a booming expanding business in a town only 10 min from here. She was excited that I was interested in working with her. We are meeting on Monday.That and the Aovn go hand in hand very well.

Looks like my plans for tomorrow fell thru but the kids will still go to my folks.
I have tweaked my plans, will be going to the city, do some shopping, visit some friends, go out for dinner, may have a sleep over and a some wine. Dont need to be back to the lake til friday aft.
Had a good evening so far. DH was pulling in just as the kids and I were pulling out for hockey. He rolled down his window and asked, did you leave me any food. I replied, I have every day for the last 10 years why would today be any different. He got pissy.
Then,after hockey, DS and I were talking about our plans for the weekend. DH asked , are you going away again.
LOL!!! He just clued in we will all be gone for 4 days. He asked what was he supposed to eat. I told him there were 2 freezers full of food. Be resourceful.( I have also told him several times we would be away and it is on the calendar)
We actually had a pretty good laugh about it after.Told him I was looking for more work too. He interrupted what I was trying to tell him about 10 times( talking over me), so I just stopped. Told me it would be stupid to get a full time job. I asked, what is stupid about $40K a year and benefits. Then I could hire someone to put in the flooring and repair the living room walls. Who would take care of the kids, he asks. I said, I dunno, YOU? A babysitter?? You could take over all the housework too since i would be the primary bread winner. It was light hearted and fun but I was also serious.

Kids are in bed. Good hockey practise. Both kids are bathed and have had haircuts. Laundry is all caught up. I did some Avon work today. Had a great talk with a friend. Feeling back on my game.

some tidying to do.
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:40 AM   #214  

Good morning to everyone here and there!

I hope all the new year celebrations went according to plan! I know a few of the UK planned ones were cancelled due to the weather being over-windy and rather wet. Edinburgh certainly cancelled their gig, but London turned out in their thousands to watch the spectacle from the Eye. Looked very good from where I was sitting...warm and dry on my sofa!!

Shad, I am releived for you on the "brown spot" issue...well done for actually getting it checked out! Thanks for the e-mail, by the way...unfortunately all I got on the attachment was a blank page! I am sure I would have enjoyed reading it though!!
Thanks for the explanation on the "kumato"!! I humbly confess I too thought your finger had slipped to the left over the keyboard! I should have known better of course!
Happy well done on your weight loss! Happy New year to you my friend.
And Hollyhock! Very well done to you to! Thats an awesome loss!

Well I will leave you now saying HAPPY 2007 to you all....x
teel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 08:29 AM   #215  
Happy September

Madcat~ get well soon! The avatar is from animation library .com
Teel~
Holly~
Happy~ I know you will be here soon
Shad~ got the letter!!

MY EYES ARE TERRIBLE THIS MORNING SO I'M GOING!! TTFN
HAPPY THURSDAY
Old 01-04-2007, 08:48 AM   #216  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning,

Saw your light on Mel, I know it's going to be a great day if you're watching "over" me Sorry that the eyes are bothering you. Put on some warm compresses and make this a "hear ye, HEAR ye" day. We have to figure out some fun activities that will let you rest the eyes. Feel better soon my friend.

Holly, I guess it's like the advice columnist says - "are you better WITH or WITHOUT him?" I think all of us here who have had relationships have had to ponder that question at least once in our lives, right ladies?

And a big good morning and happy new year to you Miss Teel. So nice to see you pop in. I received your Christmas card - very lovely - you certainly are very talented. Looks like you enjoy the card making too. Glad to hear you rang in the new year warm and dry. We saw a bit of the fireworks in London on TV - starting with a display over Sydney Harbour of course.

Oooh poor Madcat - you certainly have contracted a doozer of a cold, haven't you? At least now you have some meds to fight off the germs and help you get better. What a bummer way to spend the holidays. Thanks for the tip from the journals - I'll have to check it out.

I had a tough night myself last night. Woke up about 1:30 coughing - allergies had given me a drippy throat and I guess I'd been coughing for a while before it actually woke me up. I got a drink of water, got back in bed and cough again. This was a vicious circle all throughout the night - doze off, cough and wake up, take a drink, fall asleep, cough again and now get up to go potty from all the water. I looked up at the clock every hour from 1am to 5am. Of course then I fall sound asleep between 5 and 6 when I'm supposed to get up. I'm really tired right now, it's going to be a tough day at the office.

How do you make your hands less wrinkly? I guess I have to slather on the lotion during the day, not just at night.

Did you have a nice celebration with the son Shad? I don't know how they get older that quickly myself

I need another coffee. Badly.... Hellos to the rest of our crew
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The colonoscopy revealed that I have diverticulitis. I have to return to the drs office in a week to get the reults from the biopsyHe also found another polyp which kinda scares me but I'll learn what to do on next drs visit.

I'm supposed to rest today. The only thing I have to do is pay my rent.

Mel--rest those eyes.

Madcat--I'm glad that you went to the walk in clinic. Those deep coughs are not fun.

to the rest a big hello
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #218  
Smackin' into a Wall

This day started weird and just got weirder. They called the entire project team into a room to tell us our Project Director died on Tuesday night. He was only 49 and looked to be in terrific health. It was a burst aorta, apparently and very sudden. It's very sad and everyone here is in shock. I only worked with him for a month or so, but he was funny and lively and very bright. He is really going to be missed.

Now would be a good time to hug your kids or your spousal unit or your pets. 'Cuz you never know.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:26 PM   #219  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Got my act together enough to go to get the bloodwork done yesterday. Now I just wait for the results. Naturally enough at some stage I will get a call from the receptionist telling me that the Dr needs to see me again, it is not urgent but should be in the next week. Happens every time. When I get there, the Dr will say something like - your blood sugar is up, you need to lose some weight, and you are getting old. Now all three of these things I know already. He tells me everytime I go there. Why is it so important to go in the next week? I have told them that I am unable to visit their waiting room for long periods of time since I am in Townsville/ Weipa/ Wollongong/ Melbourne/ Perth/ or other parts of the globe, but they don't take any notice of me. I wish I could educate the Medical Profession to the fact that other peoples time is valuable too! They seem to think we have nothing else to do but wait for them. Enough ranting Shad.

Last nights dinner with the 'kid' was nice. We went up to Mt Tamborine and had pub grub (Thursday night roast) overlooking the lights of the Gold Coast. It was too cold to sit outside (it really was very cool) so we had to watch the scenery through the window. The hotel is called St Bernards and they had a 21 week old St Bernard dog called Leo there. There has always been a dog there as part of the scenery I think. At 21 weeks of age, this dog weighs in at the same weight as DNiece and it is huge. It's got a wrinkly face and looks like the weight of the world is on it's shoulders.

Tonight I go back to Townsville for the next stint. Actually I am looking forward to going back to work. There wasn't really enough time to start and finish too many projects down here. I could have done more than I did, but there you go. Wasted some time I guess.

Madcat - sorry to hear about the Project Leader. That means changes in the air while and when they find a new one. Always a difficult thing to change leaders in mid project.
I saw wwpeggy's journal entry. She really is quite inspirational. Only posts once a week but she has some sound ideas. I remember when she made her goal. She really hadn't expected that at first. She only vowed to weigh less at the end of the year than she did at the beginning, but she new what her healthy weight range was and she made it. 70lbs or something I think it was.
Hope these meds do the job and soon. You must be really tired of it by now.

Holly - I'm with Happy, sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. There comes a time when someone has to make a decision about how the bills will be paid, when and why.

Teel - sorry you got a blank page on my attachment. Can't understand why though. Everyone else seems to be doing okay with it - even Mel. I wonder, do you have MsWord on your computer? or maybe the pictures meant that it was going to take some time to open. I probably shouldn't have put as many in as I did.
I saw something about the London Eye on the news, but since I really haven't been keeping up with the news too much, I didn't see a lot of the celebrations or perhaps we didn't get a lot because nothing is as important as the Sydney Harbour Bridge!!!!

Mel - haven't forgotten you. Glad you can now open my mails from your place. Sorry it took so long! Rest those eyes and get better soon.

Happy - I was going into meltdown trying to work out having fun with the eyes closed. There are some weird forms of exercise and some interesting ones too pictured in my head at this moment. Maybe we need to send Mel some talking books so she can lie back, relax and send herself to various places around the world.
I don't know how you make hands less wrinkly Happy. Maybe it is sometimes simply an act of genetics having smooth hands. Mine seem to vary. They can look old and wrinkly or just old or sometimes as now not too bad - but these are working hands so I should expect damage from exposure to sun and chemicals and paint etc.
Sorry to hear that you are now coughing along with the Madcat. I wonder if that is why Carla is staying away?

Okay, time to go make the coffee, catch up on the news, mulch the rose bed and have a shower. Today I want to finish fertilising the garden although I don't see me getting much done after lunch which is a barbeque at DS2's place. I have to go with a friend and drop off her car to get the windows tinted (DH's Christmas present) take her home, then go to the bbq and pick up friend when the car is ready, drop DS2's car back to him and friend will then take me to the airport. There is some hours in that lot, but it won't be worth starting anything. Just clean up the house and shut the doors basically. See you on Monday from Townsville all ready to start the new year off with a gentle loss on the scales!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:36 AM   #220  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Wow Madcat - that is stunning news. That poor man. Very unsettling. Thank you for the hug reminder. You get one too Hope you are feeling better today cold wise.

Shad, you should not look at it as wasted time when you were home, rather just some downtime to recharge the batteries. It's good to have goals and get things accomplished but sometimes it's nice to bask in just "going where the wind blows you". Now you can be all fired up for whatever greets you when you walk in (provided you can GET in) the door of Fawlty Towers. The saga continues and we eagerly await...

Carla, get your keester back in here - that's an order Same goes for you Meadow, Painter and Nae of the frozen north. Who'd I forget? Teel is off the hook for now.

Ceejay sorry to hear about the diverticulitis - my Mom has that. Had to make drastic changes in the diet. She's doing ok after a period of adjustment learning to say goodbye to things like her beloved popcorn. Rest up and take an easy day today.

How's those eyes of blue Mel? Are they rested up a bit? Like Shad, will have to think of some no peeper activities to keep you out of trouble.

A quick post for me today. I had some ice cream yesterday. Not the end of the world but now I'm wishing I didn't have it. It was plain vanilla just like I like it so no guilt over gooey sauces and the like.

I ready WWPeggy's journal entry. As you said, very inspiring. Thanks for telling us about it Madcat. "Don't give stupid people power over your life". Boy those are words of wisdom for me... I'm going to go ponder them in the shower. Have a good one peeps...
Old 01-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #221  
Choose your hard

Time to get out of Lapland too I think. I was thinking about a themed thread - January in Japan? If we hit Okinawa, we might be able to catch the early spring cherry blossoms the end of the month. Let me know and I'll set it up this weekend. Of course we could also spend January in Jamaica.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:32 AM   #222  
Happy September

MADCAT....I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THE DIRECTOR AND ALSO THE COLD. AFTER SEEING YOUR POST IN MY MAILBOX, I CALLED JEN AND TOLD HER I LOVE HER. WE HAVE OFTEN BEEN REMINDED THAT LIFE CAN BE TAKEN SO QUICKLY JUST LIVING HERE. SCARY SH*T SKIPPY!
SENDING TO YOU.

HAPPY~ IF WINTER DOESN'T COME SOON WE WILL ALL BE UP COUGHING OUR HEADS OFF. I HAD THE WINDOW OPEN AND BEGAN COUGHING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT JUST THE OTHER DAY. MUST BE A SISTERLY THING AND YOU ARE RIGHT.......
WHERE THE **** IS CARLA??????????

SHAD~HAVE A GOOD WEEK AT WORK. SAFE TRIP. I THINK THE HOUSE CAN WAIT FOR ANOTHER TIME TO MGET WORKED ON. SOMETIMES JUST DOING THINGS FOR YOURSELF IS MORE IMPORTANT! I AM GLAD FRAN GAVE ME THE MS WORD. NOW I CAN OPEN UP EVERYTHING!!

CEEJAY~ I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE MY EYES! SO SORRY TO HEAR YOUR NEWS AND KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR NEXT VISIT. KEEP US POSTED. HOPE YOU DO REST UP OVER THE WEEKEND EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO WORK.

NOTHING TO DO TODAY. DID NOT GO FOOD SHOPPING EVEN THOUGH THE BUS IS BACK. I WAS AFRAID OF GETTING THE EYES WORSE. THEY ARE BORDERLINE SO WHY PUSH IT. PERFUME, RAIN, WIND. NOT CONDUCIVE TO GETTING THEM BETTER. BESIDES I AM ON MY LAST BOTTLE OF STERIODS. IF I NEED MORE I WILL HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE HOSP AGAIN. PHOOEY!!! MORE TIME WASTED. I AGREE WITH YOU SHAD ON THE FACT THAT DRS AND NURSES SOMETIMES DON'T APPRECIATE ANYONE ELSES TIME IS VALUABLE....ESPECIALLY OURS! I AM OFF TO DO THE EYE THING AND EAT BREAKFAST. GOT A LATE START AGAIN.
HAPPY FRIDAY
Old 01-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #223  

Woke up this morning feeling all sore and bruised. Took a good look at my heinie in the mirror. When I regained consciousness, I looked again and what did I see there but a whole galaxy of boot-shaped kick marks and a series of burns that looked suspiciously like the result of a full-on cattle prod attack. Baffled, I rubbed some arnica into my wounds and hobbled off to read my emails and new 3fc posts, and what did I discover? My 'friends' around the world had spent several days kicking and prodding me and generally giving me grief. Since I don't want permanent scarring (the rear view is scary enough already), I've decided to buckle under and post. Please please please call off the assault.

I have no good excuses for the silence, just busy and gaining weight and a little out of sorts. Meanwhile, so much has been going on with you!

Holly, so sorry about your two recent losses. It seems the death of anyone we care about makes us re-evaluate so much in our lives. And there's been a lot of change in yours in the past year! About the DH woes, my only advice would be to be careful what you wish for, and to do nothing rash. With any luck, and probably an excessive amount of effort on your part, things may improve.
And now a new little kitty has joined the family. Kittens are so wonderful; Friendly makes me think of the time when my Lily was a baby.

Madcat, what is going on with that nasty cold? I sure hope the antibiotics finally get rid of it. And losing a colleague unexpectedly must have been quite the shock too. What a bummer.

Happy, I love your new avatar, and have actually "borrowed" it to send to a couple of friends. In particular to a French-Canadian buddy I have a running frog joke with. (She tries to retaliate with square-head barbs, but they are few and far between...) It's interesting that you're thinking of quitting your home-owners association. I'm actually thinking of joining our condo board next AGM. In any case, I've been doing much of the newsletter, which would be a lot easier if i was on the board myself and not trying to work thru a computer-illiterate, procrastinating, non-team-player who also happens to be one of my best friends. (Yes, the relationship has been rather strained lately...) I have a feeling going on the board will be something I'll regret, but then again I feel like I should put my money where my mouth is.

Shad, Holly is right, we could all meet up with you chez Madcat in Toronto. As long as I have enough prior notice, I can keep time free and drive down to party hearty. And of course the offer of a home here in Ottawa stands. We're all waiting with bated breath to hear your planned itinerary.
By the time you read this you'll be back in Townsville trying to break into Fawlty Towers... I always liked the beginning of that show, where the letters of the words were switched around. My all-time favourite was Flowery Twats...

Ceejay, sorry to hear about the health issues. I hope the diet they recommend isn't too restrictive. Maybe you'll only have to cut out things you shouldn't be eating anyway, so a double incentive to eat right?

Mel, you amaze me. If you could replicate your 'oomph', you could bottle it and become a millionaire! You could out-Trump Trump, only you'd be a nice person with humility and a heart... (sorry. Note to self: Carla, you idiot, never compare someone you like to a slime-ball like the Donald. Even if his face just flashed on the tv screen while you type. As for Rosie, who I quite enjoy, she should learn to shut up once in a while. My apologies to any of you who have a soft spot for the short-fingered vulgarian. But I digress..)
I do hope the eyes are improving. Will they be any better once it gets cold and snowy? Which may never happen this year. I agree with you and Shad about waiting on doctors. When I upbraided mine about forgetting to cancel me when he went on hols, he got all offended and suggested I could always change doctors. Very funny. If there were any family doctors here accepting new patients, I'd have switched already.

Suzie, how come they're not beating on you for disappearing? No fair! Unless you've been given a dispensation for having the saddest new car story on the thread. What a bummer, falling into a pothole! Now if it were an old car, it would be annoying but not quite as sad. It did, however, put my car-keying incident into perspective, for which I thank you.

Well, I've run out of time, the bladder is full and I'll just have to keep my own updates for next time. Not much to say anyway, although I did finally get a slightly better haircut. It's okay when it's styled, but when I just let it dry it looks sort-of like the way those angry young male models always wear their hair - parted just off-centre and blunt-cut to just above the ear. Which looks silly on them, but has the desired effect of making their jaws look strong. Like I needed a stronger jaw-line! Not quite what I had in mind, but probably my fault for mentioning that the last stylist had given me a "wedge" cut, which my hair wouldn't co-operate with anymore. He probably heard something like "blah blah blah blah wedge blah blah..." and thought "by jove, I've got it! I'll cut it into a wedge!"

Off to the loo. to all.

Phew. I've peed and done a minor edit. More next time, right now I'm hungry.

Last edited by carla49; 01-05-2007 at 08:01 PM.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:36 AM   #224  
Happy September

CARLA I SEE OUR WELL AIMED KICKS HIT THE INTENDED TARGET!! AS FOR SUZI SHE IS IN THE CORNER SCRATCHING HER HEAD STILL WONDERING WHY THE CAR JUMPED INTO THE CRATER!! GOOD THING IT WASN'T FILLED WITH WATER! I REMEMBER WHEN DOROTHY HAMIL (SP) WON THE SKATING AND JEN WANTED THE HAMIL CUT..AKA WEDGE. OMG WHAT A DISASTER. HER HAIR JUST WOULDNT STAY IN THAT SHAPE AND WE HAD TO GO BACK AND SEE IF THE GUY COULD "FIX" IT. GLAD YOU GOT YOURS DONE OK,
<---FOR YOU AND SURVIVING THE HOLIDAYS!
SPEAKING OF "THE DON"....I HAVEN'T HEARD THE LATEST AFTER ROSIE'S RETRACTION/APOLOGY. ONE OF THE POLLS SHOWED THAT PEOPLE ARE ROOTING FOR DONALD.....BUT THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE HE BROUGHT TO LIFE AGAIN HER "RELATIONSHIP". ....AS THE PRESS CALLED IT. HE IS SUCH SLIME. BUT I DO ADMIRE HIS MONEY MAKING WAYS AND IF ANYONE COULD MAKE MONEY ON OPTIMISM I AM SURE HE WOULD BE THE ONE TO DO IT! I'LL GIVE HIM A CALL NEXT WEEK
YES....THE WINTER WOULD KILL OFF THE WEEDS AND LEAVES AND LET MOTHER NATURE'S PROCESS OF NATURAL MULCHING GO ON. THIS IS THE 2ND WINTER THAT THIS SYSTEM HASN'T DONE IT AS USUAL. SO ALLERGIES AND IRRITANTS ARE PREVAILING ALL OVER THE FRIGGING PLACE. EVERY TIME THE WIND BLOWS, MEL IS IN TROUBLE HOW IS YOUR NOSE???I AM BEGINNING TO TAKE VICK'S DAQUIL LIKE A ONE A DAY VITAMIN!!
I EVEN STARTED BUYING THE GIANT ECONOMY SIZE BOXES! YOU NEED MUSCLES JUST TO PICK THE DAMN BOX UP! HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!

I AM SITTING HERE YAWNING. 67 DEGREES AND BLACK AS NIGHT. LOOKS LIKE THIS DAY IS GOING TO BE RAINY. TEMPS GOING UP INTO THE 70'S. ONE TV CHANNEL S CALLING THIS THE "WEIRD WINTER"....LIKE FROM OUTER SPACE? THE BIGGEST PROBLEM BEING SHAD'S COUNTRY AND THE "DROUGHT OF THE CENTURY". WONDER HOW THIS SEASON WILL ALL PALY OUT. GUESS WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE.
I NEED TO GET OFF HERE AND GO TRY AND WAKE MYSELF UP!!! HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE AND TAKE CARE. HOPE THE MEDS ARE WORKING FOR MADCAT AND EVERYONE ELSE IS FEELING OK!!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #225  

Default Happy New Year Everyone......

Yes, it is I. Nae from the frozen North!!!!!! I am back in my home after my whirl wind 3 month courtship or whatever you would like to call it. My house missed me and my turtles and fish and I missed being able to read about your lives and respond!!!!! Trying to take care of two households and pets and then the holidays and entertaining has taken a toll on this girl! Not totally whining because yes it was wonderful but...... at my age and being such a loner it is like I need debriefing now or whatever that is.>>>>>>>>
Both of my sons and their girlfriends were here til the last one just left on thursday. And my sons shall I say reverted back to good ole party days and my house was grand central station ...... too similiar to animal house I am afraid to say. Not my damage done but lots of drinking with many people in and out of here for about two weeks. Some one said if you would have been here it wouldn't have happened.... if you saw the size of my boys and actually they wanted me here partying down with them too..... so I put my drinking boots on one night of Jesse's 23rd and did it up right with them and friends. Glad it is all just a memory now we can laugh and share in the future.....never to be duplicated again.
I think the holidays are especially difficult for woman in that we plan the events the meals, shop, cook organize, clean up and then do it all again for days when you have company...... I don't want to cook for anyone for months! Poor Larry is wondering what happened to that sweet gal he was getting so use to having around...... so nice to have my own place and now I can just regroup and things can settle to a normal balance in our relationship.

I am trying to cook a little different for myself and see if I can keep the scales going down. I am exercising and trying to keep up with you gals in this life time pursuit of better health.

I do hope the New Year brings such happiness and fulfillment of personal pleasures and goals for each of you.
May the Blessings of Love shape our days and lives in ways that offers true rewards of the Spirit.

Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote